2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Elevate 95 vs Elevate Tours

Heckle

Just had a PXG fitting and am a little torn between shafts. Narrowed down to the elevate 95 and elevate tours. I hit both pretty well, but coming from the modus 105 am worried the tours may be too heavy and the 95 too light. I definitely liked the ball flight of both of these elevate shafts. Does anyone have any opinions on these two shafts head to head?

Edited by Heckle

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently asked here and was told that the 95 as sold by PXG is a .370 shaft, which means it's descending weight.  In other words, the long iron shafts are heavier than the short.  The Elevate Tour shafts are taper tip and constant weight.  

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Played the Elevate Tour in my 0211 ST and felt like I had to slow my swing down in transition to make them work properly all the time. Bought another set with Steelfiber 95CW and they're wonderful to hit. I've hit the Elevate 95 in fittings and never had the lag issue cross my mind. Will get them on my next purchase. Again, I can get quick in transition, you might be different. 

1 minute ago, snagy2000 said:

Played the Elevate Tour in my 0211 ST and felt like I had to slow my swing down in transition to make them work properly all the time. Bought another set with Steelfiber 95CW and they're wonderful to hit. I've hit the Elevate 95 in fittings and never had the lag issue cross my mind. Will get them on my next purchase. Again, I can get quick in transition, you might be different. 

I can get quick in transition as well, so are you saying the 95s were no issue there? 

1 minute ago, Heckle said:

I can get quick in transition as well, so are you saying the 95s were no issue there? 

The Tour is the more stable of the two.  

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

4 minutes ago, Heckle said:

My dispersion was great with both, I just felt the Tour had a little kick at the bottom which I wasn't down with. Really just need to revisit the results in your fitting and make sure they get built to your proper specs whichever direction you go in. 

1 hour ago, Nessism said:

I recently asked here and was told that the 95 as sold by PXG is a .370 shaft, which means it's descending weight.  In other words, the long iron shafts are heavier than the short.  The Elevate Tour shafts are taper tip and constant weight.  

This is true. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

2 minutes ago, JDennis said:

I went with Elevate Tours in my PXG's. The Elevate 95 had horrible dispersion for me. The irons that are now my back up irons are soft stepped Modus 105x shafts. I love the Modus 105. The Elevates were about the same for me. Little higher flight, same distance.  

Thanks. Notice any real difference/impact from the weight difference between  the tours vs the modus? 

50 minutes ago, Heckle said:

Thanks. Notice any real difference/impact from the weight difference between  the tours vs the modus? 

No, the Modus 105x were playing about 110 vs the 116 of the Elevate tour. If I was blind folded hitting them, not sure if I could tell a difference. They are both really smooth.  

My experience with Elevate and Modus 105's; I have a 80 MPH SS with my 6 iron and a quick transition. 

PXG 0211 with Elevate 95 R - As mentioned above, hard for me to manage with my transition. Had to really concentrate on tempo to get a good swing on the club. 8 irons would disperse widely front to back. Average distance with my 8I in the combo was 145. Sometimes I'd hit it 160-165 with it which obviously hurt going into greens. 

Ping i210 with Modus 105 R - Very steady and consistent. Swing away and this combo is just money for me. Dispersion is very good left to right and front to back. 

Ping 425 with Elevate Tour R - Almost indiscernible from the Modus 105's in swing feel and dispersion. I get a few more yards out of these across the set but that's mainly due to lofts. This set performs 'best' for me when purely looking at trackman data but the 105's are very close. 

Ping i210 with Elevate 95 ETS R - Falls closely in line with the Modus 105 and Elevate Tours in feel and consistency. The ETS offering solved the inconsistencies of the original Elevate 95's in so much that I don't have to try and modulate my tempo. 

@Heckle: In your case it might be worth looking at the ETS version of the Elevate if you're worried about the weight issue. 

What PXG irons are you thinking? Last 15 months owned Cally Apex 19 Project X Lz 105 regular (mizuno fitter recommendation was this shaft with HM Pro),  PXG original 0211 with MMT 80 stiff SS once,Mavrik Pros Elevate 105 stock regular(whatever that is), current Ping G410 Steelfiber i95 reg and Takomo 201 KBS Taper Tip Lite 105 regular.

Interestingly hit balls at PXG location for first time last week and focused on Gen4 0311 xp & p with Steelfiber i95 reg & stiff. Also few other shafts KBS TGI 80 ,Elevate 95,couple others. Guy knew I wasn't real intent on buying new set but checking joint out and he was great and maybe bored because he said "let's hit some" Had my G410 i95 & Takomo 201 6 irons with me. Gen 4 P was first choice but no way ready to dump that dough having never even got on course yet with Takomos.

Best feeling and maybe fit out of all those tools ,if one can follow my babbling,were my Takomos. Next Gen 4 0311 P. Actually after all those fancy options the cheapest by far 2021 0211 with stock elevate 95 reg. were excellent in both feel and overall performance. FWIW my driver SS is around 90 with a quick transition that's finally slowing down. If there is a point to all this is unless the shaft difference is major ie DNGX100 vs A flex the ultimate playing difference for me I'm guessing is a few strokes (maybe) either way.

That all said my little itch is maybe trading my expensive G410 FF i95 for  0211 with a stock steel shaft. Go figure.

Edited by hardten

16 hours ago, Flat4Boxer said:

My experience with Elevate and Modus 105's; I have a 80 MPH SS with my 6 iron and a quick transition. 

PXG 0211 with Elevate 95 R - As mentioned above, hard for me to manage with my transition. Had to really concentrate on tempo to get a good swing on the club. 8 irons would disperse widely front to back. Average distance with my 8I in the combo was 145. Sometimes I'd hit it 160-165 with it which obviously hurt going into greens. 

Ping i210 with Modus 105 R - Very steady and consistent. Swing away and this combo is just money for me. Dispersion is very good left to right and front to back. 

Ping 425 with Elevate Tour R - Almost indiscernible from the Modus 105's in swing feel and dispersion. I get a few more yards out of these across the set but that's mainly due to lofts. This set performs 'best' for me when purely looking at trackman data but the 105's are very close. 

Ping i210 with Elevate 95 ETS R - Falls closely in line with the Modus 105 and Elevate Tours in feel and consistency. The ETS offering solved the inconsistencies of the original Elevate 95's in so much that I don't have to try and modulate my tempo. 

@Heckle: In your case it might be worth looking at the ETS version of the Elevate if you're worried about the weight issue. 

I’m looking to maybe purchase the elevate 105 and throw those in. Seems like a good middle ground.