BST Warning

KC13

Hi MODS!

Trying to figure out how listing a head and then listing that head with an installed shaft would qualify as the same "item" under the listing rules? The acknowledge warning request phrase stated "just cause you add a shaft does not make it a new item", please help me identify this statement with the listing rules?  Seems a bit ambiguous and maybe I am lacking some sort of understanding but I would not consider them to be the same item.   If I sold just the head, the buyer would get just the head.  If I sold the head and shaft as a complete club, well the buyer would get a complete club.  I view this as two different items.  #ChangeMyMind   

Thanks in advance.  

- KC 

Wood Bros Kool Cat F-1 - 11°

TaylorMade Tour Cleek - 16°

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

Cleveland Reg. 588 - Special 49°

Wilson Staff Dyna-Power - SW

Scotty Cameron CA Coronado - 34"

2 minutes ago, lookylookitzadam said:

List it as head only price and head plus shaft price. It’s the same item(s). 

Think of it as a bundle with the base item as the head and you’re adding on to that bundle by including a shaft. 

Context, I listed a ping head only a week or so ago.  Today I listed the head with a shaft attached to it.  Did not offer to separate the two, sold as complete club.  By definition, I believe that to be two different items for sale (head vs whole club).  

- KC 

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

If the shaft is removable with an adapter, you are technically selling the same item again. A buyer can ask for a price on head only if the shaft might not fit him so this would entice you to sell just the head only. In the end, you are still selling the same head.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

32 minutes ago, KC13 said:

Hi MODS!

Trying to figure out how listing a head and then listing that head with an installed shaft would qualify as the same "item" under the listing rules? The acknowledge warning request phrase stated "just cause you add a shaft does not make it a new item", please help me identify this statement with the listing rules?  Seems a bit ambiguous and maybe I am lacking some sort of understanding but I would not consider them to be the same item.   If I sold just the head, the buyer would get just the head.  If I sold the head and shaft as a complete club, well the buyer would get a complete club.  I view this as two different items.  #ChangeMyMind   

Thanks in advance.  

- KC 

It's the same head as stated in your warning. You could or should have added the shaft to the ad from last week with the head. 

10 minutes ago, squishyy said:

If the shaft is removable with an adapter, you are technically selling the same item again. A buyer can ask for a price on head only if the shaft might not fit him so this would entice you to sell just the head only. In the end, you are still selling the same head.

Your hypothesis would make sense however, my ad did not offer head only like a prior BST post did therefore, not the true definition of "same item"... right?  I guess this is were the ambiguity comes in... its not clear within the listing rules.  

Edited by KC13

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

Shoulda just tweaked your original Ad and just added the shaft to your Ad rather than starting a brand new Ad 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

2 minutes ago, GwrxMod said:

It's the same head as stated in your warning. You could or should have added the shaft to the ad from last week with the head. 

But its a different "item" based on the listing rules language.  It is not itemized as head only (again), would this not be a different "item" with the head now attached to a shaft?  Very "grey/gray" area here... 

Note, this is all in good faith.  Not here to argue, just discuss the interpretation of a "rule".  

- KC 

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

10 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

Shoulda just tweaked your original Ad and just added the shaft to your Ad rather than starting a brand new Ad 

Again, we are using the term "item" here as used in the listing rules language.  I will follow the rules but wanted to open a discussion and understand how listing two items with two different price points, specs and descriptions would be considered the "same".

- KC 

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

No grey area here. Rule states must wait 30 days. Regardless if you stick a shaft on it or change the head cover, the Mods look at it as the same thing. Some thing to keep in mind for your next Ad.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

3 minutes ago, mokedaddy said:

Same serial number, same item.  

Different shaft, different item.  "Same" means identical, "item" meaning article or unit.  

An item listed as head only vs complete club would not be identical.  Aspects of the club are the same but by definition, the are not the "same item".  The rules do not distinguish this. 

Example; I list a set of Titleist 716 AP2s with Tour Velvet 360 Grips two weeks ago.  I then post a new listing with Srixon Z785s which also have Tour Velvet 360 Grips, is this the "same item"?  Both have Tour Velvet 360 grips... 

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

7 minutes ago, KC13 said:

Different shaft, different item.  "Same" means identical, "item" meaning article or unit.  

An item listed as head only vs complete club would not be identical.  Aspects of the club are the same but by definition, the are not the "same item".  The rules do not distinguish this. 

Example; I list a set of Titleist 716 AP2s with Tour Velvet 360 Grips two weeks ago.  I then post a new listing with Srixon Z785s which also have Tour Velvet 360 Grips, is this the "same item"?  Both have Tour Velvet 360 grips... 

This isn't a good comparison. Those are two totally different items (irons) that happened to have the same model (not exact same item) grips on them.

A better example would be... You list 716 irons with 360 grips one week. The next week you cut off the 360 grips and put some MCC's on it. You then try to relist it as a "different item" just because it has different grips but they are the exact same irons. Would you consider these two different items because of the grips, or are they the same item with different grips?

In your current situation...

Driver head - Item #1

Driver head with shaft - Item #1 with the shaft 

Same driver head, same item. Doesn't matter if you added the shaft or not you're still trying to list the same item.

Edited by Abh159
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, KC13 said:

I think that is starting to get into nitpicky semantics territory there, an area that the mods have addressed. Grips aren't the item being sold, the irons are, so they are obviously different. The driver in this context is the item being sold, no matter how you "dress it up" so to speak. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

10 minutes ago, KC13 said:

you can sell a car without wheels, just because you add wheels doesn’t make it a different item.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black

15 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

I think that is starting to get into nitpicky semantics territory there, an area that the mods have addressed. Grips aren't the item being sold, the irons are, so they are obviously different. The driver in this context is the item being sold, no matter how you "dress it up" so to speak. 

I disagree considering grips, shafts and head are all sold separately or complete.  

I am being very nitpicky.  I tangibly see a difference in the sale of a head only vs a complete club (head, shaft & grip).  Its is not the "same item" by definition if you use the English dictionary.  

To me listing the same item would be listing the head only twice over within the 30 days.  

From the looks of it, I am mistaken based on reply's but always up for a good banter  To me, words matter, not some unwritten rule or subjective view on what "same item" means.  

- KC 

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

This is not as complicated as you'd like to make it seem, rather cut and dry no matter how much you'd like to argue "gray area interpretation", which as long as it is up to interpretation, the mods make the final decision as they've already done. This is not the hill to die on, you relisted the same driver, trying to exploit a (non-existent) loophole adding the shaft to same club, when you could have just edited your original listing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DFS PFD said:

This is not as complicated as you'd like to make it seem, rather cut and dry no matter how much you'd like to argue "gray area interpretation", which as long as it is up to interpretation, the mods make the final decision as they've already done. This is not the hill to die on, you relisted the same driver, trying to exploit a (non-existent) loophole adding the shaft to same club, when you could have just edited your original listing. 

Or is it "grey"... 😉

Edited by KC13
  • Haha 2

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

If a seller cannot fulfill both ads at the same time then the seller shouldn’t have two different listings at the same time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple D w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 70TX @45.25

3W: Taylormade M2 15* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 80X.

5W: Taylormade M6 18* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 90 TX.

Irons: Miura Retro Tournament blades 3i, 4i, and 7i. Miura MB-001 5i, 6i, 8i-PW. 3i with MMT 125TX. 4i-PW are Oak doweled, DG X100 Tiger Stepped 1/4”

lofts: 3i: 20* 4i: 24* 5i: 28* 6i: 32* 7i: 36* 8i: 40* 9i: 44* PW: 48*

Wedges: Fourteen RM4 56* DG X7, Miura 59* At 61* DG X7

Putter: Taylormade Spider

Grips: Golf pride MCC+4.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Just now, BombinJim said:

If a seller cannot fulfill both ads at the same time then the seller shouldn’t have two different listings at the same time.

Which I certainly don't but thanks for the hypothetical.  That rule is very clear as to having one listing opened at a time. 

"Members are allowed ONE open listing with a maximum of 10 items." 

- KC 

Ping Eye 2 - 1 Iron

[Irons - TBD]

• KC13 locked this topic