Vice pro plus

gs1184

The Vice Pro Plus was a real performer for me over the summer. However, as temperatures I play in have dropped, I find the Pro Plus pretty firm, almost harsh feeling. I may have to try one of the other models that might feel and play better in cooler temperatures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phil75070 said:

The Vice Pro Plus was a real performer for me over the summer. However, as temperatures I play in have dropped, I find the Pro Plus pretty firm, almost harsh feeling. I may have to try one of the other models that might feel and play better in cooler temperatures.

I feel the same way with Pro Plus and most other X model balls.  I would like to try the Pro Soft for this reason.  I have a good supply of Srixon QST to go thru first though.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

3 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

I feel the same way with Pro Plus and most other X model balls.  I would like to try the Pro Soft for this reason.  I have a good supply of Srixon QST to go thru first though.

Normally a Maxfli Tour player, but am trying the Vice Pro Soft this summer based on a yearly golf ball test that indicated that it's performance was equal and was a sightly softer ball (75 compression vs. 86 for the Maxfli Tour).

In my testing I can see no difference in playability from the Tour and yes it does feel softer off the putter. Love the ball and would recommend it completely. However, it's best pricing is still $2-$4 higher/dozen than the Maxfli Tour so the softer feel off the putter does have a price. Just depends on is that worth it for you.

• Like 2

Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft
BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W
TM Sim2 19* hybrid
Maltby KE4 Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft
Maltby TSW-KRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil 75 R flex/spinner shaft
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

• 3 weeks later...

I got 5 dozen Vice Pro+ and have been gaming them for a while. Overall I really like the ball. I do think that I get a bit more performance from the driver with a left dash or a Tour B X, but it's not a deal breaker. Short game through long irons I see no noticeable difference.

The big thing I love are the color options. There aren't any other balls like it. 

I play a ton of twilight golf at the cheapest muni around, so plenty of hackers out there when I play and over the years I have had countless instances where are player from a different hole will mistake my ball for theirs. Even if I played a yellow ball, it seems like the weekend warrior with a random assortment of balls in their bag thinks "oh yeah, I must have been hitting the yellow one on this hole" and will snag mine.

With both the Shade and the Drip options from Vice, there have already been a few times where a player from a different hole has walked up to my ball and I'm thinking "oh no, here we go again" but  they see the unique coloring and move on. Makes me so happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I play pretty much every tour ball out there.  As far as feel, durability and all the other factors considered when choosing a ball, you can't beat the Pro Plus in terms of cost.  Funny thing though.....Seems when I'm struggling early on in a round when playing a different ball, I'll switch to the Lime Vice Pro Plus and it settles me down enough to mount a confident comeback.  Something to this psychological factor that doesn't seem to be ever mentioned.  Maybe it's the color.  Who knows.....  Maybe someday I'll learn to shelf my ego and just stick to the Lime Pro Plus and ditch the others.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mksprt said:

I play pretty much every tour ball out there.  As far as feel, durability and all the other factors considered when choosing a ball, you can't beat the Pro Plus in terms of cost.  Funny thing though.....Seems when I'm struggling early on in a round when playing a different ball, I'll switch to the Lime Vice Pro Plus and it settles me down enough to mount a confident comeback.  Something to this psychological factor that doesn't seem to be ever mentioned.  Maybe it's the color.  Who knows.....  Maybe someday I'll learn to shelf my ego and just stick to the Lime Pro Plus and ditch the others.

It's weird, I've got so many golf balls I just randomly play whatever. Yesterday I was playing a match and started out using Pro V1x and was down 3 at the turn. Decided to go lime Pro Plus for back 9 and went 5-1-2 to win the match. I've got a big tournament in Vegas next week and I'm rolling with the VPP. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2022 at 5:03 PM, mksprt said:

I will agree with the Psych factor as I started using the Lime Pro Plus early in the year as a putt training aid and have holed more putts with this ball than others. Seems like the color allows me to focus more on the alignment aid and now I feel very confident on makeable putts. It is a good golf ball and very nice on my 51 year old eyes for finding it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9*

4W: Callaway XR16 17*

7W: Callaway XR15 21*

Irons: Mizuno MX200 5-GW

Wedge: Vokey SM6 54.14F

Wedge: Vokey SM8 58.10S

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: Vice Pro Plus Lime

Lime Pro or Pro+ are solid winter balls for me. Traditionally, I prefer to play a yellow ball (Srixon VX), but I like to play a ball that is different from the group and I visually see the yellow better in flight. My current ball (Srixon Diamond) only comes in white.  So, that’s an issue I hope Srixon addresses soon.  Walking in some deep Bermuda about a year ago I found a lime pro + and decided to give it a try for as long as the ball lasted or I hit it out of play. The ball looked brand new and was lost in deep rough most likely. I had read good reviews about this ball/company in the past. I played around 2.5 rounds before I lost it.  Really I was looking for a ball that would be good visually when the Bermuda went dormant, but played similar to my other 2 Srixon’s. A yellow ball is not fun to locate in dormant Bermuda. I was really pleased with this ball overall, the color compared to the dormant grass and the durability when I tried it out over a few rounds. I played these balls last winter into the early spring and will be transitioning back to the ball in about a month. 

Driver: Paradym Std 10.5*-Tour AD XC 6s

Apex UW’s: 17*-Tour AD IZ 8s, 19* & 21*-Tour AD UB 7x

UT Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21*-Tour AD DI Hybrid 85x

Irons: Callaway Epic (2017)-UST Recoil ES 780 F4 (6-PW)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5 48*S, Jaws MD4 52*S and Jaws Raw Full Toe 58/10

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta DB Stroke Lab 34"

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond

Honorable Mention: Paradym Std 3HL (16.5*) - GD Tour AD IZ 7s

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a doz of the pro plus white and a doz of the lime green. I normally play Pro V1x or TP5X so we shall see how this goes. I swing 103 but have always landed on the X versions being a tad firmer. Black Friday sale is 25 a dozen! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

16 hours ago, Evanwill10 said:

The hardest balls I have ever hit. Feels like I’m hitting a solid rock. That being said, they go far. Furthest hall I’ve ever played.

I think the Pro Plus and left dash feel like rocks.  I like firmer balls though especially off the putter face.  I've hit some of my longest drives with both balls this year both into and downwind.  Hit one 320 into the wind measured with GPS with the left dash, BUT I think it had to have hit a sprinkler head or something hard. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I think the Pro Plus and left dash feel like rocks.  I like firmer balls though especially off the putter face.  I've hit some of my longest drives with both balls this year both into and downwind.  Hit one 320 into the wind measured with GPS with the left dash, BUT I think it had to have hit a sprinkler head or something hard. 

I have not hit the left dash, the chart tells me it flies high which is an issue for me. I hate the way the pro plus feels off the driver but it is a missile from hell when struck. Typically play the avx as it is pretty similar to pro plus, but softer.

Just now, Evanwill10 said:

I have not hit the left dash, the chart tells me it flies high which is an issue for me. I hate the way the pro plus feels off the driver but it is a missile from hell when struck. Typically play the avx as it is pretty similar to pro plus, but softer.

Left dash does launch high but the low spin keeps it from ballooning.  I see that you live in Dallas and can understand why you play low/low balls.  I've played a few courses down there and it can get windy especially during the summer. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I like firmer balls though especially off the putter face.  I've hit some of my longest drives with both balls this year both into and downwind.  

That’s been my experience as well. I like that feel of a firmer ball and how they perform in the wind. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

• 2 weeks later...

Look what showed up at lunchtime today

My black friday order

Will be checking these out this weekend

This is my 1st time trying out Vice brand new

I have hit a few of them that I found in my backyard but this will be a true test

Will be putting up against my current gamer the Wilson Triad

I also ordered a dozen Vice Zero to test out against both of these as well 

pro.jpg

Edited by scott406

Driver -Cobra RadSpeed 9*

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Closer-34"

Ball- Wilson Triad 

4 hours ago, scott406 said:

Look what showed up at lunchtime today

My black friday order

Will be checking these out this weekend

This is my 1st time trying out Vice brand new

I have hit a few of them that I found in my backyard but this will be a true test

Will be putting up against my current gamer the Wilson Triad

I also ordered a dozen Vice Zero to test out against both of these as well 

pro.jpg

My cousin picked up a few boxes of the drip balls during the Black Friday sale and put them in play on Tuesday when we went to go play Knollwood CC.  They're really hard to see in the rough because they look like dull white balls.  Dirty balls, lol.  They do look really cool in person though.  Now these shade Pro Plus he gifted me stick out like a sore thumb. 

PXL_20221210_001115796.MP.jpg

I just got my Black Friday neon green pro plus and tried them out yesterday. I went around in even on the front and had a mishap on the back for a 78. We were in our groove, but a back nine back up left me stiff and cold. Anyway, here are my thoughts: 

• High Vis
  • Firm 
  • Easy to align
  • Chip shots are a little clicky
  • Distance on the money
  • Short iron spin is not a problem
  • Great durability    

Honestly, I really enjoyed them. I have 23 left so they should last quite a while! 

Played a few rounds with the Pro Drip I got last week

Initial thoughts are a very good ball 

Played a lot like my gamer the Wilson Triad

Just as long and no noticeable difference in the spin into the greens or around the green with chips

The Pro felt very good off of the putter too

I could actually feel the ball compress when I hit it good

Very pleased with the Vice Pro so far.

Durability seemed to be good

I went into the trees a few times without any noticeable marks on the ball

Good ball

Will it replace the Triad?

I am not sure yet.

Driver -Cobra RadSpeed 9*

5 Wood - PING G425 16*

Hybrid  PING G410 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX Zipcore Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Closer-34"

Ball- Wilson Triad 

• 2 weeks later...

I was really keen to try Vice Pro - tried to order a dozen from their Australian website and it's going to cost me $85 (incl shipping).  For a 'low cost alternative' they are nearly $20 more expensive than a dozen ProV1's.  

Cobra F9 Tensei Orange X

TM M6 3 Wood (Ventus blue 6S)

Ping Rapture 3 Hybrid

Srixon ZXU 4 Iron

PXG 0311P 5,6,7 (Modus 120S)

PXG 0311T 8,9,W

TM MG3 50, 56, 60

Toulon Las Vegas

21 hours ago, wantacigar said:

Do you live in Australia?  

Yep - we pretty much pay double for everything down here...

Cobra F9 Tensei Orange X

TM M6 3 Wood (Ventus blue 6S)

Ping Rapture 3 Hybrid

Srixon ZXU 4 Iron

PXG 0311P 5,6,7 (Modus 120S)

PXG 0311T 8,9,W

TM MG3 50, 56, 60

Toulon Las Vegas

2 hours ago, Sandhurts said:

Yep - we pretty much pay double for everything down here...

Ouch!!  I knew a guy from a cigar forum that had same problems with everything with the tax structure.  Beautiful place I've always wanted to visit.  In the U.S. you can count on one hand the amount of things the size of your thumb that can kill you.  In Australia you can count on one hand the amount of things the size of your thumb that won't kill you!  😆🤣.

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, TourSpoon said:

I just got my Black Friday neon green pro plus and tried them out yesterday. I went around in even on the front and had a mishap on the back for a 78. We were in our groove, but a back nine back up left me stiff and cold. Anyway, here are my thoughts: 

• High Vis
  • Firm 
  • Easy to align
  • Chip shots are a little clicky
  • Distance on the money
  • Short iron spin is not a problem
  • Great durability    

Honestly, I really enjoyed them. I have 23 left so they should last quite a while! 

started playing these recently and am really liking them.  i just never order more than 2 dozen of any ball so i'm not gonna see the savings

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the Vice Pro Plus. One fairway, I pulled the driver and unfortunately, it landed on the cart path. Left a white "chip" mark on the ball. I continued to play with it and it didn't seem to impact the flight for driver, nor wedge nor putter.

Gamer ball is the XV and I know it's a much tougher ball when it comes to cart paths since it's been my balls for 10+ years now.

So kinda shocked the VP+ is not that durable but it's a cheaper price point.

Not too much difference in driver distance between both balls. XV spins more on wedges while VP+ is drop and stop. Putting, same. Durability -> massively XV advantage

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

26 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I tried the Vice Pro Plus. One fairway, I pulled the driver and unfortunately, it landed on the cart path. Left a white "chip" mark on the ball. I continued to play with it and it didn't seem to impact the flight for driver, nor wedge nor putter.

Gamer ball is the XV and I know it's a much tougher ball when it comes to cart paths since it's been my balls for 10+ years now.

So kinda shocked the VP+ is not that durable but it's a cheaper price point.

Not too much difference in driver distance between both balls. XV spins more on wedges while VP+ is drop and stop. Putting, same. Durability -> massively XV advantage

Yes, the outer coating of the pro and Pro+ will chip a little when hitting concrete or a rock, but in 10 years of playing Vice, I’ve never had it make a difference in the flight of the ball. 

• Like 1

Yep. My VP+ balls are this year afaik. Reading back, it's remarkable how Vice can do the finish colors and graphics because they are painted, versus paint in the cover material like the XV

I'll keep testing them. Reason I like them is that the Neon Red makes it real easy on my aging eyes. If the XV had come in a red, I'll be all over that as well.

• Like 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

48 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Yep. My VP+ balls are this year afaik. Reading back, it's remarkable how Vice can do the finish colors and graphics because they are painted, versus paint in the cover material like the XV

I'll keep testing them. Reason I like them is that the Neon Red makes it real easy on my aging eyes. If the XV had come in a red, I'll be all over that as well.

The newest lime version of the Pro Soft I've been trying is much more durable than the previous Pro lime I had tried.  I think they did move to a pigment in the cover vs a paint; at least the durability suggests that's the case.  Though no brand I've ever tried does well on a direct cart path hit.  Urethane and concrete don't play well together. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

37 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

The newest lime version of the Pro Soft I've been trying is much more durable than the previous Pro lime I had tried.  I think they did move to a pigment in the cover vs a paint; at least the durability suggests that's the case.  Though no brand I've ever tried does well on a direct cart path hit.  Urethane and concrete don't play well together. 

Yeah, super thin layer as well. Saw the Instagram cut up a VP+ ball.

Actually, I played with a neon red Pro soft as well. First time with any Vice ball. Infact, the 2nd hole I played it, I birdied the hole with it, it was a drop and stop chip 9 iron, which, if it was my XV, would have rolled off to the fringe since the green was sloped. That one has a matte finish so I think u r right there with the pigmentation...

Bot the Pro and Pro+ have the other finish. By the way, the Pro is an impressive ball as well for the price point & favorable for my SS 👍

17 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Yeah, super thin layer as well. Saw the Instagram cut up a VP+ ball.

Actually, I played with a neon red Pro soft as well. First time with any Vice ball. Infact, the 2nd hole I played it, I birdied the hole with it, it was a drop and stop chip 9 iron, which, if it was my XV, would have rolled off to the fringe since the green was sloped. That one has a matte finish so I think u r right there with the pigmentation...

Bot the Pro and Pro+ have the other finish. By the way, the Pro is an impressive ball as well for the price point & favorable for my SS 👍

Lime Pro Soft/Pro/Pro Plus have the same finish (glossy, not matte).  I haven't played the red version. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST