2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What is your 11 YO Girl's Clubhead Speed?

Hardrain

36 minutes ago, Hardrain said:

Just curious to get some insight where others are at with driver swing speed. My 11 year old daughter is about average size and is getting around 70 MPH and around 140 carry on good ones (we are at elevation). 

That seems short to me for 11? What kind of equipment is she using?

We just came back from a two day event, and we had 11-12 year old girls playing behind us...both of them were driving 240-250 yard greens. Granted those were top 2 girls from their region that shot a 58 (par72) in a shamble format. By contrast my smaller sized just turned 9yo girl is carrying 115-120 on average on our clubs trackman. No idea what her SS is, but I would think by the time she's 11 she should be a lot longer than that?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bizzle80 said:

We just came back from a two day event, and we had 11-12 year old girls playing behind us...both of them were driving 240-250 yard greens. Granted those were top 2 girls from their region that shot a 58 (par72) in a shamble format. By contrast my smaller sized just turned 9yo girl is carrying 115-120 on average on our clubs trackman. No idea what her SS is, but I would think by the time she's 11 she should be a lot longer than that?

They’ve obviously been using Badger Milk! #Bombs

472E1A8D-B1FD-4D34-830D-948B484CB79F.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bizzle80 said:

240-50?   I call BS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

70 at 11 is on the slower side? but maybe closer to average.  I do know a few 11 year olds who have 85+ swing speed and I've seen it with my own eyes.  One of my daughters friends who is 11 is at 82. At 11 there's such a big variety of girls who look like women and girls who look like kids still at that age. My daughter met a girl last summer that was her age and was probably 5'8. Rumor is she has a 90+ ss. My girl is at 11 for reference. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dhacker56 said:

240-50?   I call BS

USK Western cup 3 weeks ago.  Look it up…SD girls 11-12 shot a 59 behind us. We watched them hole after hole landing balls just short of green off the tee. Par 4 average around 260…so I’m probably short selling them. 

11 birdies and 1 eagle on Sunday. 

They weren’t even that far ahead of the field with another pair shooting a 60 and two others at 62. these girls are bombing it. Not Wrx bombs.  Real Bombs. I wouldn’t believe it if I wasn’t watching all day. 

I didn’t see it, but apparently one of the 12yo girls was hitting 270+ on the usk trackman. 

Most 11 year girls are most likely around 150-200 yards.  At this age it more about contact then anything else. 

a lot parents also over estimate carry especially if there in a place where the ball will roll for ever and they optimize a drive for roll.

Don’t believe the upper end on trackman either sometimes it can have bad numbers too.

No way is an 11 year old 270 yards off the tee that mean she is closer to 100mph. That would put her at the top of the LPGA and she could compete with high school boys.

An 11 year really hitting well and fast probably maxes out around 90mph and 220 which is very far for a kid that age. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hardrain said:

Just curious to get some insight where others are at with driver swing speed. My 11 year old daughter is about average size and is getting around 70 MPH and around 140 carry on good ones (we are at elevation). 

My daughter is 14 and we play with a girl who is 11 on a regular basis. She is above average on length and her swing speed is somewhere between 75-78. If girls are 11 and swinging faster than that, they are in the top percentage of girls their age. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bizzle80 said:

USK Western cup 3 weeks ago.  Look it up…SD girls 11-12 shot a 59 behind us. We watched them hole after hole landing balls just short of green off the tee. Par 4 average around 260…so I’m probably short selling them. 

11 birdies and 1 eagle on Sunday. 

They weren’t even that far ahead of the field with another pair shooting a 60 and two others at 62. these girls are bombing it. Not Wrx bombs.  Real Bombs. I wouldn’t believe it if I wasn’t watching all day. 

I didn’t see it, but apparently one of the 12yo girls was hitting 270+ on the usk trackman. 

Maybe 270+ with downwind downhill cart path career'ed driver

• Like 2

Last summer at the Palm Beach DCP sub-regional, the longest 10 (now 11) yo girl in Florida was maxing out at 220 (total, maybe 205-210 carry--soggy grass killed total) into a 10-15 mph breeze at sea level.  She's about 5'5 120 and could pass for college-age.  There are a couple of girls wo are still 10 in FL who max out around 200-210 total distance.  That sub-regional had no less than five girls that age who will eventually play D1 golf, and a few more who could play D2.  It was a loaded field, and the longest (tallest and strongest as well) girl carrying 205-210 and maybe carries 225 in better conditions.  Just something to think about.

120-140 carry is the ballpark here for your average tournament golfer.  How it rolls after that is entirely course-dependent.  The roll could be 7 yards, it could be 35 yards, it could plug into the soggy FL turf.

There is a GA girl--the back-to-back world champ in her age group--who has Paul Bunyan-esque power, but that is a brass ring and not average (or even realistic for most any girl).  I think it is important as a parent to remember that our kids are going to develop at different rates, different times and different ways.  Chasing distance can be a fun adventure, but it can also turn you into Galahad--questing for something unattainable, which of course is completely unfair to all involved.

The average 10-11 year-old tournament golfer, mind you, is hardly "average" in the golf-heavy states.  Most people would never guess a 10-year-old girl could carry a driver even 140 yards--even seasoned golfers who aren't connected with current junior golf... teaching pros, even.  A good number of "average" girls this age would make most HS golf teams and be middle-of-the-pack; the team's 3 or 4.  In short, they are actually really impressive--just not prodigies.

Edited by MB19
  • Like 3

On 1/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, Hardrain said:

You are in the ballpark, just keep working hard... and working on developing her as an athlete.  Build core strength, build explosive power in the limbs.

• Like 1

My kid is 12 going on 13 and is just above 80 mph s.s.. Whatever that means.  I think parents worry too much about kids under 13.  The biggest factor will be how much they grow.  Nobody knows that answer. 13 years this year, time to put up or shup up😅

• Like 1

Ping G400 Fujikura Pro 60
Ping G30 Fujikura Vista Pro 80
Adams Pro 18, 23 Diamana White 83
Callaway Razr X Tour R300
Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58

Bobby Grace V-Foil 6.4 by Macgregor

I am selling on an 11 year old girl driving the ball over 250.  I don't like to pull up DCP, but I did.  The best 11 year old in the finals was 237.  Is it possible?  Maybe, but I am not buying it on every hole,

https://www.drivechipandputt.com/leaderboard

In the 14-15 division the longest drive was 250.

A 260 yard par 4 is not necessarily 260 yards.

Edited by heavy_hitter
  • Like 1

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

3 minutes ago, heavy_hitter said:

I am selling on an 11 year old girl driving the ball over 250.  I don't like to pull up DCP, but I did.  The best 11 year old in the finals was 237.  Is it possible?  Maybe, but I am not buying it.

I agree 11 year olds are not that far. The DCP didn't have a qualifier so the kids were older.

HJGT long drive championship is also a good indicator of real drives

https://tournaments.hjgt.org/Scoreboard/CompetitionResults?TournamentID=16123&DivisionID=3399

The longest girl was 260 yards for 16-18 and 243 yards for 14-15 year old girls this makes sense a lot when you look at the numbers.

One the girls in that list everyone says hits it 280 yards when she is actually around 200 yards.

Also keep in mind when playing golf your average drive will be less then what you see here.  The average drive is actually more important then peak drives in a round of golf.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, heavy_hitter said:

I am selling on an 11 year old girl driving the ball over 250.  I don't like to pull up DCP, but I did.  The best 11 year old in the finals was 237.  Is it possible?  Maybe, but I am not buying it.

those were also a year older....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Don't mind me fellas, just getting comfortable for the comments on this ensuing train wreck of a thread. 

There are 3 issues going on.

A)  Parents don't know how far the ball is really going, it is an assumption most of the time.  It is particularly bad in female golf.  I heard some outlandish numbers when I was in that world.  Would sit back and watch girls driving it 220 when dads swore they were at 250.  

B)  Just because a hole is posted at 260 on a scorecard doesn't mean it is 260.  We play a local course that is a dog leg to the right 374 yd posted hole.  My kid can carry the green.  Does that mean he drove it 374 yards?  No, it is a 292 yard carry to the green over trees.

C)  Trackman numbers can be inflated.  You have to know your numbers, not the Trackman numbers.  Normalized Trackman numbers has my kid hitting 325 yard drives.  He doesn't get anywhere near it unless downwind.

Edited by heavy_hitter
  • Like 3

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

5 minutes ago, heavy_hitter said:

There are 3 issues going on.

A)  Parents don't know how far the ball is really going, it is an assumption most of the time.  It is particularity bad in female golf.  I heard some outlandish numbers when I was in that world.  Would sit back and watch girls driving it 220 when dads swore they were at 250.  

B)  Just because a hole is posted at 260 on a scorecard doesn't been it is 260.  We play a local course that is a dog leg to the right 374 yd posted hole.  My kid can carry the green.  Does that mean he drove it 374 yards?  No, it is a 292 yard carry to the green over trees.

C)  Trackman numbers can be inflated.  You have to know your numbers, not the Trackman numbers.  Normalized Trackman numbers has my kid hitting 325 yard drives.  He doesn't get anywhere near it unless downwind.

So true. I guarantee you I could take 100 golfers out to a range and ask them what they hit their 7 iron and 90% of them would be over estimating by a good margin. Watch any hole on a weekend, people don't miss long with properly hit shots but they miss short with properly hit shots all the time. People can't come to terms with the fact that they don't hit the ball as far as they think. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

So true. I guarantee you I could take 100 golfers out to a range and ask them what they hit their 7 iron and 90% of them would be over estimating by a good margin. Watch any hole on a weekend, people don't miss long with properly hit shots but they miss short with properly hit shots all the time. People can't come to terms with the fact that they don't hit the ball as far as they think. 

Yes, but you've got to understand the audience.

Here on WRX a 220 yard Drive is recognized as easily carrying 270 yards.

Also here on WRX is where it's an easy decision to pass up going to Stanford or Ivy school and sitting, as opposed to immediate playing time at a State Directional School.  No Brainer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2