2022 Drive On event

KBong

1 hour ago, cristphoto said:

The Golf Channel must not have much love for the LPGA.  They can show the PGA Tournament four times per day, and an Asian Tournament too but not find space to fit in the LPGA?  BOO.  Even showing it on the internet doesn't do it for me as how do I "DVR" it to view when I get home?  

Exactly....not everyone is like many on this site who are retired and if not golfing can goof off during the day to watch stuff and afternoon soap operas....many people still work.

44 minutes ago, 8602081 said:

Jessica, Ariya, and Patty paired up.. 

That should be fun to watch or follow.. 

Ariya is in near POSER status as of late.

I use to say how powerful a team the Thai's could assemble if the Int'l Crown still existed.

Ariya, Patty, Jeeno & Parajee...now they'll need to replace Ariya.

I think Ariya hasn't played like her old past since she lost weight.

1 hour ago, KBong said:

Ariya is in near POSER status as of late.

I use to say how powerful a team the Thai's could assemble if the Int'l Crown still existed.

Ariya, Patty, Jeeno & Parajee...now they'll need to replace Ariya.

I think Ariya hasn't played like her old past since she lost weight.

She has definitely been on a rollercoaster. She won twice last year, and had a 3rd, a 4th, and three other top 10s. 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

3 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

She has definitely been on a rollercoaster. She won twice last year, and had a 3rd, a 4th, and three other top 10s. 

Face it Arg....with all the customization and fittings available....I can't believe May can't find a driver that she can keep on the planet....she is giving up an advantage....IMO....20 more yards should lead to more birdies.

BUT if ya can't hit a driver well....it becomes a liability.....I should know.....my golf friend's enemy is his driver.

Ariya = Mental Midget...same with Rory.....GAGGED again last weekend....so talented...so mentally soft.🤣

IMO....the driver is a strength of my game...even better with the Ping 410.

I have always felt the driver to be the easiest club to hit in the bag.

Why?

Cause it's teed up and has the LARGEST sweet spot....nuff said.

I also choke down a bit to gain better control of the head...therefore better strikes...therefore better consistent ball speed.

I assume you saw a recent WRX thread.

The Ping 400 Max is a CLEAR CUT WINNER (not even close) as the best driver in recent history by WRX member votes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KBong said:

Face it Arg....with all the customization and fittings available....I can't believe May can't find a driver that she can keep on the planet....she is giving up an advantage....IMO....20 more yards should lead to more birdies.

BUT if ya can't hit a driver well....it becomes a liability.....I should know.....my golf friend's enemy is his driver.

Ariya = Mental Midget...same with Rory.....GAGGED again last weekend....so talented...so mentally soft.🤣

IMO....the driver is a strength of my game...even better with the Ping 410.

I have always felt the driver to be the easiest club to hit in the bag.

Why?

Cause it's teed up and has the LARGEST sweet spot....nuff said.

I also choke down a bit to gain better control of the head...therefore better strikes...therefore better consistent ball speed.

I assume you saw a recent WRX thread.

The Ping 400 Max is a CLEAR CUT WINNER (not even close) as the best driver in recent history by WRX member votes.

Yeah, I'm still shocked that she hasn't put some type of of driver in the bag. She's currently behind Lydia in driving average. Oy. 

Put a 44" shaft on a 9 degree low spin head and it has to be better than a 3 wood. 

• Like 2

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

26 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Yeah, I'm still shocked that she hasn't put some type of of driver in the bag. She's currently behind Lydia in driving average. Oy. 

Put a 44" shaft on a 9 degree low spin head and it has to be better than a 3 wood. 

I have always thought of a 43.5-44" driver on a low spin 11.5-12* head (to help with dispersion) paired with a low spin shaft.

It might be a OEM custom tour head that needs to be manufactured that would have to be registered to the USGA conforming list.

I can't think of a stock low spin head at 12*.

1 hour ago, KBong said:

I have always thought of a 43.5-44" driver on a low spin 11.5-12* head (to help with dispersion) paired with a low spin shaft.

It might be a OEM custom tour head that needs to be manufactured that would have to be registered to the USGA conforming list.

I can't think of a stock low spin head at 12*.

@KBong wonder whether Ariya has tried a mini driver? The “Original One” (and its replacement “the 300” = both Low-spin)

Not many LPGA Pros using the Mini Driver, based on the compiled WITB stats?

https://www.golfwrx.com/661678/golf-clubs-of-the-top-50-lpga-pros-witb/

(but a MiniDriver would seem... tailor-made(😜!) for Ariya (given her aversion to a normal sized driver/full-length driver shaft!) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@KBong wonder whether Ariya has tried a mini driver? The “Original One” (and its replacement “the 300” = both Low-spin)

(but a MiniDriver would seem... tailor-made(😜!) for Ariya (given her aversion to a normal sized driver/full-length driver shaft!) 

Thanks....I've never seen the LPGA WITB chart.

I think Ariya might have used a lower lofted custom Aeroburner head for a very long time.

FWIW...SYK gamed the very unforgiving SLDR for quite a long time.

I've hit The Original One in a Golftown sim with a stiff stock Diammana shaft....11.5*....I liked it....I could get it up to 134-135 mph ball speed back in Feb 2020....if I hit a driver well...140 mph....so it was about 10-15 yards shorter if I recall. 

If I recall @Argonne69 bought an Original One and HATED IT...he dumped it for a loss??? and I even think he was offering it up here at WRX....not sure if he traded it in or posted it in the BST.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, postfold said:

Seems like more LPGA broadcast stuff has been available on YouTube lately, so fingers crossed that they'll put it up for this event.

Commissioner Mollie's motto has been 'Get the players out there for everyone to see, they'll sell themselves beautifully'.  To which, I agree totally.  However, it's been an uphill battle because LPGA has a small footprint on Social Media.  

LPGA has 373,000 followers on Instagram but only 86,000 subscribers on YouTube.  It'll take time but they'll get there!

20 minutes ago, KBong said:

Thanks....I've never seen the LPGA WITB chart.

I think Ariya might have used a lower lofted custom Aeroburner head for a very long time.

FWIW...SYK gamed the very unforgiving SLDR for quite a long time.

I've hit The Original One in a Golftown sim with a stiff stock Diammana shaft....11.5*....I liked it....I could get it up to 134-135 mph ball speed back in Feb 2020....if I hit a driver well...140 mph....so it was about 10-15 yards shorter if I recall. 

If I recall @Argonne69 bought an Original One and HATED IT...he dumped it for a loss??? and I even think he was offering it up here at WRX....not sure if he traded it in or posted it in the BST.

Yeah, the Original One was awful. Snap hook machine. The shaft was stiff, but felt like a Swizzler. I'm sure if I stuck with it I could have found a workable shaft. 

I still have my Aeroburner mini driver. Low stingers that find fairways when I don't need a full driver. I've had it for over 5 years. Oldest club by far in my bag. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

I still have my Aeroburner mini driver. Low stingers that find fairways when I don't need a full driver. I've had it for over 5 years. Oldest club by far in my bag. 

My 2019 used bought in Sept 2021 Ping 410 is my newest club...most are from 2013...all bought used...and some really old wedges and 1970 Anser.

I think I need to hand in my WRX card,.,,I'm no club ho.

I'm surprised you found the stock Diammana shaft soft considering you play Elevate 95 S.

I found the Diammana a good fit to The Original One head and fairly stable and I play KBS Tour 120 gm S....though I was not "fitted" into the KBS's

Oh well...everyone is different.

And let's face...the REAL truth lies when a club is put into action on the course....I only hit the Original One in a sim...it also could be a hook machine in REAL life play for me.

I HATED my Ping 410 with the Tensei Orange CK 65 S when I 1st bought....hooking it and thought the shaft was soft....I play it for a while and went back to my TM 3...and when the M3 didn't listen....I  experimented with the 410 at the range...lofted it down to minimal loft....choked up about 3/4" and the rest is history and the 410 is the most forgiving driver I have hit.

I do find the Tensei a bit spinny....I'm trying to source a used Ping Tour 65 S for a good price....I found one on FB last week for and good price... but it had the old adaptor...ugh

Edited by KBong
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

The author should have vetted and questioned some of the players WITB.

Looking at Stacy and Jenny Shin....I gotta believe their WITB's are SO DATED.

Both playing the R1 driver???....Stacy still with JPX 825 Pros and Jenny with RocketBladez Tours irons???

etc.

I currently play the Rocketbladez Tour irons...bought them for $240 Cdn...mint shape....at the Golftown's annual demo sale in Nov 2019...Covid hit....I want to find a new set of irons...but good used club deals are non-exsistent nowdays....I used to play the JPX 825 Pro's too.

Borrowed a friend's R1...until I bought used Jetspeed.

Angel Yin is a gangsta...KBS 125 S's.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Yeah, the Original One was awful. Snap hook machine. The shaft was stiff, but felt like a Swizzler. I'm sure if I stuck with it I could have found a workable shaft. 

I got one of those models (but driver) -- mostly bec JDay was using them during his good years (Eg back was still ok even if vertigo issues were propping up left and right)...  it's since been chucked in favor of Hideki's brand of clubs ☺︎

10 hours ago, 8602081 said:

Jessica, Ariya, and Patty paired up.. 

That should be fun to watch or follow.. 

who’s going to watch?  On Peacock?

how many premium tv channels do I need to subscribe to?

tell you what: not peacock!

this viewer wants to watch the lpga. In fact I prefer the ladies over the men. But not if I have to pay per view. This sucks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lobby said:

who’s going to watch?  On Peacock?

how many premium tv channels do I need to subscribe to?

tell you what: not peacock!

this viewer wants to watch the lpga. In fact I prefer the ladies over the men. But not if I have to pay per view. This sucks!

That is pretty messed up..

Here we have a sport that is struggling to get viewers..  Now they are showing it in paid streaming..  Instead to trying to raise money from sponsors, they are charging viewers..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Round 1 is playing to 6,418 yards;  much shorter than the official yardage of 6,592 yards.

However, three of the four par 5's are long:

#5                             523 

#9                             529

#12                            487

#18                            530

• Like 1

The stream on LPGA.com is terrible. Camera shots are bouncing around. In and out of focus, terrible audio, Obviously one of the commentators is remoting in because she sounds far away. At the same time the commissioner is talking about how she wanted to stream this event to make sure fans around the world get to see how wonderful the LPGA is. If I were to tune in, I'd think no one knows how to produce coverage for one hole. 

Mollie said there will be more puppies at future LPGA events. Not sure how that will help. 

I used to serve on the board of a local high school who allowed students to choose a regular high school track, a health careers track or a hospitality & tourism management track. Essentially if you chose to specialize you would get to take classes focused on those tracks. My first meeting as a board member was in the evening and we were told we are doing it in the evening to invite potential new partners, show off our students and allow them to provide dinner for the meeting. Our students will be feeding you and showing off all the wonderful skills they have been learning. A few of the other board members were super excited to see what the students were going to cook up. We arrived and were greeted with bagged tortilla chips, chili which came out of a can, and salad which came out of a bag and that was the dinner. The freshest thing was probably the iced tea which was brewed. In miscellaneous business, another board member grilled the director of the program about presentation, overpromising and what exactly the students cooked and what had happened?

There was a pretty prominent attorney in the area who had been invited and only stayed for about 15 minutes. 

I kind of feel this is the same thing. You get promised streaming coverage and you imagine what could be and then see the reality of things. 

• Like 2