Stacy Lewis Named Solheim Cup Captain

North Texas

2 hours ago, Kaysquare said:

I 've always thought Phil was way too full of himself, & now he seems to be proving it.

That's why Lefty is called FIGJAM.

I Luv FIGJAM🤣 and so do the locker room attendants at Augusta because FIGJAM hands out C-notes....like homeowners handing out Skittles at Halloween.

I know the attendants don't like Eldrick....I LUV how Sir Charles Barkley SLAMS Tiger about how CHEAP he is.

My friend HATES Phil....we play skins and birdies are double skins.

I keep forgetting...every time I make a birdie I want to do the PHONY Phil thumbs up....to rub it in his face...but I keep forgetting...maybe because 1/2 my rds I go birdie less.

Edited by KBong

1 hour ago, Kaysquare said:

I have no idea about those you mentioned, or many other players. 

I believe you know of the incidents with SNaP and Shanshan in Beijing in 2013 and with MHL in the final rd at the 2017 CME.

Find below....info on the other pros mentioned.

https://www.golfpunkhq.com/golf-rules/article/doris-chens-caddie-reveals-he-was-told-to-cover-up-cheating-incident

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/christina-kim-calls-penalty-playing-competitors-lpga-q-series

https://scoregolf.com/opinion/archive/bob-weeks/cheating-allegations-rock-lpga/

In Larry the Loop's blog....he also had mentioned about Korean LPGA pros cheating with their parents

Some examples include...on par 3's.....a parent holding up an umbrella near the green indicating a shot target and chatting with their daughters in Korean by the tee block suggesting which iron to use and where to aim to the green based on previous pros playing the hole.

DRAMA!.......the more DRAMA....the BETTER for the LPGA...it's NEEDS the addition EXPOSURE...just sayin.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaysquare said:

I only know that I've followed Stacy for years and she's an honest, hard-working, professional.  When she's on the course & in a tournament she's no-nonsense, expects a lot out of herself, doesn't play to the cameras, doesn't dress to attract attention....she's a professional.  We all have our favorites, for many different reasons don't we?

I don't think any would disagree with the above attributes about Stacy as you have mentioned above.

But some don't care for Stacy because she's POUTY.

Stacy's nickname SNaP...is Stacy Not as Pouty....yes another WRX member created this nickname.

And Stacy's poutiness started long ago...and it's repetitive...not just a 1 time incident.

Coincidently....I watched the 2008 USWO that was streaming on SBS Golf this morning....yup after some poor putting late in rd 4...maybe a 3 jack???....SNaP slams her putter walking towards her bag,

I remember Tom Abbott making fun at Stacy years ago at the Shoprite??....for slamming her putter.

Tom used to be so funny making fun of the pros...but I think GC told him to tone it down....it was refreshing to hear Tom's sarcasm vs Nana Judy....and YES...I LUV Judy....she's a SMOKESHOW.

Inbee's 1st win...a major and won quite handily.

Some observations:

Inbee used to be kinda skinny as a teen...same with Shanshan

I believe Brad Beecher was on her bag.

I believe SkyCaddie??? was the major logo on Inbee's bag.

This was Stacy's 1st event as a pro.

She had a Mizuno staff bag.

Dad was looping.....Travis Wilson would later become Stacy's long time loop.

Like Inbee....Stacy has been loyal to her loop....I believe Travis is the nephew of Tammie Green.

I believe The Pink Diva had the 54 hole lead and GAGGED to a 78  in rd 4. Stacy played with Creamer in the final group.....Stacy was 1 back after 54 holes...but also CHOKED with a 78 too.

Par for the course was 73.

Angela Park was also on the final leader board....She was kinda the rage in 2007 & 2008....then she did a Yani and suddenly LOST her game.

She quit the LPGA soon after.

Rumors were she was working the front desk at a LA hotel???

LPGA doesn't have Pink Shirt RO's like the PGA tour...they will call slow play penalties.

Angela was mad that she was given a slow play penalty in Hawaii late in the rd contending for a win.

It just came to my attention....apart from his LPGA event restraining order initiated by Smiley Mike  @18majors must be MAD at Whan ....among other things .....because Yealimi was handed a $10000 fine for slow play at the 2021 Kia.....Mikey was still commish then.🤣

Alfredsson is tough to watch...so jerky and yippy...including her putting stroke.

I DID APPRECIATE Helen yelling and swearing LOUDLY......spicy women are sexy.🤣

I believe Helen was considered a LPGA glam gal...but I didn't see it.

I think Helen & Dame Laura have both publicly said they don't like CRUSTY.

It was nice to see Peanut playing....supposedly Peanut's parents said she couldn't marry until she won a major...she never won a major and has married long ago....I believe she also has children

At least Peanut's parents weren't as harsh as Se Ri's dad...supposedly he made Se Ri sleep in a cemetery to mentally toughen her up.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

Are you talking about Tiger or Phil? 

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

LMAO...you are hilarious.🤣...I never thought about it until you posted the above......the Classic Switcheroo....Kudos!

spacer.png

How did he fool so many???

NDA's and........ ask the lawyers, security team, The Death Star, Steinberg and Jerry Chang.🤣

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

2 hours ago, KBong said:

I believe you know of the incidents with SNaP and Shanshan in Beijing in 2013 and with MHL in the final rd at the 2017 CME.

Find below....info on the other pros mentioned.

https://www.golfpunkhq.com/golf-rules/article/doris-chens-caddie-reveals-he-was-told-to-cover-up-cheating-incident

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/christina-kim-calls-penalty-playing-competitors-lpga-q-series

https://scoregolf.com/opinion/archive/bob-weeks/cheating-allegations-rock-lpga/

In Larry the Loop's blog....he also had mentioned about Korean LPGA pros cheating with their parents

Some examples include...on par 3's.....a parent holding up an umbrella near the green indicating a shot target and chatting with their daughters in Korean by the tee block suggesting which iron to use and where to aim to the green based on previous pros playing the hole.

DRAMA!.......the more DRAMA....the BETTER for the LPGA...it's NEEDS the addition EXPOSURE...just sayin.

Kinda new to following the LPGA, how do the above linked articles pertain to Stacy Lewis?

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

6 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Phil-Mickelson-dodging-golf-balls-commer

2second GIF = doesn’t show Phil’s “worm” 🐍 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7iW6/kpmg-the-bet-ft-phil-mickelson-stacy-lewis

KPMG Advert= “Stacey Lewis and Phil Mickelson make a bet on the golf course. Whoever loses has to be the other person's caddy.”

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BadgerLin said:

i sure hope you can get to some tournaments this season because you seriously need some new material!

Male or female events are basically void here in the PNW....I no longer feel like driving to Portland.

Covid has been an issue to.

Unless I have a conflict ....I s/b able to attend the CWO this year.

I hope to watch the Cdn Men's Am here.

So what events you gonna attend this year?

14 hours ago, KBong said:

Male or female events are basically void here in the PNW....I no longer feel like driving to Portland.

Covid has been an issue to.

Unless I have a conflict ....I s/b able to attend the CWO this year.

I hope to watch the Cdn Men's Am here.

So what events you gonna attend this year?

you're flying to ottawa?  (fly in earlier, participate in the demonstrations LOL - obviously kidding, it's being cleared out as i type it seems)

i might make this a "day trip" depending on who plays/attends -- leave early from TO (like 3am), watch the final round or whatever tiks I can scalp, i mean, get, then head back to TO on the day of after the round..  yes, 5 hr or so drive but doesn't matter - have driven the TO to CT/NY route -  let's see if i still have the stamina haha... otherwise, id just bring the bike along the SUV and go to algonquin as well and ride the bike if my player(s) miss the cut... 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Hinako?  Bianca?  Su Oh?  . . .

all of the above?  😆    Surely, one of them will be worth the trip?

You can never buy tickets for the wkend in case ALL MC! Are these 3 even going to bother to make the trip? Bianca needs a visa, Hinako can't speak the language and Su, well, it's too far north for someone from way down south! 😛

Heck at this point, and since it's a Stacy Lewis thread that's been derailed, the only person most likely to be on the weekend IS Stacy Lewis! 😛

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Supermilo said:

You can never buy tickets for the wkend in case ALL MC! Are these 3 even going to bother to make the trip? Bianca needs a visa, Hinako can't speak the language and Su, well, it's too far north for someone from way down south! 😛

Heck at this point, and since it's a Stacy Lewis thread that's been derailed, the only person most likely to be on the weekend IS Stacy Lewis! 😛

"Heck at this point, and since it's a Stacy Lewis thread that's been derailed,"

Threads getting derailed in this forum has become the norm on here lately 😒

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BadgerLin said:

I may get to the CME in Naples this year 🤞. Otherwise I’m looking forward to the women’s Open at Erin Hills, 2025!

I assume you will be vacationing in FLA and not making a trip to just to watch the CME.

I like to watch golf live....but not that much to hop on a plane to watch a tournament...unless I made a golf trip out of it.

I've had and have no issues hopping on a plane for a golf vacation.

I have seen PGA and LPGA events in AZ & FLA....but we were on a golf vacation and then realized there was an event to spend the day.

On TV....I found the 2017 USO boring to watch...Erin Hills didn't shine for me...might be different playing it.

You have a lot of nice premier tracks by you....Whistling Straits, Blackwolf, Sand Valley, Erin Hills, etc....have you played them or gone to see the LPGA & PGA events at these sites (except for Sand Valley)?

FWIW...we played screen golf with a guy near Minneapolis on Sat.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, KBong said:

I assume you will be vacationing in FLA and not making a trip to just to watch the CME.

I like to watch golf live....but not that much to hop on a plane to watch a tournament...unless I made a golf trip out of it.

I've had and have no issues hopping on a plane for a golf vacation.

I have seen PGA and LPGA events in AZ & FLA....but we were on a golf vacation and then realized there was an event to spend the day.

On TV....I found the 2017 USO boring to watch...Erin Hills didn't shine for me...might be different playing it.

You have a lot of nice premier tracks by you....Whistling Straits, Blackwolf, Sand Valley, Erin Hills, etc....have you played them or gone to see the LPGA & PGA events at these sites (except for Sand Valley)?

FWIW...we played screen golf with a guy near Minneapolis on Sat.

Yes, CME would be part of a golf trip/friend visit.  I’ve played Blackwolf Run several times - discounted rates as a perk for volunteering.  Unfortunately Whistling Straits didn’t offer that after several volunteer stints.  I did like to check out the forward tee locations and was pretty sure I could be respectable!  A group of 4 couples play a nearby course and then have dinner at the Straits on the outdoor patio overlooking the 9th and 18th greens.  Fun critiquing their approach shots and putts. 😁

Erin Hills maybe didn’t look ‘dramatic’ on tv but is awesome in person.  First time I was there was the US Am a couple years before the Open.  It wasn’t roped, and spectators could follow along with competitors on the fairways and surround the greens.    Evidently Sand Hills has opened a par 3 course on sight which is supposed to be fun - and probably all I’d need in the way of golf challenge!   I think there is a second full course there now, too.  You could definitely make a full week of golf on top notch courses here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BadgerLin said:

I’ve played Blackwolf Run several times - discounted rates as a perk for volunteering.  

Did you vol in 1998 & 2012?

I think there was record heat Tues-Sat in 2012. 

I read some fans didn't watch on course on the hottest days and either watched in their hotel rms or at BW A/C facilities.

5 hours ago, BadgerLin said:

First time I was there was the US Am a couple years before the Open.  It wasn’t roped, and spectators could follow along with competitors on the fairways and surround the greens.    

Yes, I enjoyed watching local Am events and the CN Cdn women's tour cause they weren't roped.

You can listen to the players chirping.

I was LMAO listening to Ryann O'Toole trashing and making fun of Izzy Beisegel playing in the group behind using 2 putters.

At the USGA Men's Am qualifying it was hilarious listening to the guys trashing a well known CHEATER.

I LUV Drama!

If US wants to win they need to upgrade Mina and Khang ...and play Yealimi 5x.. they likely would have won last time as she had the best winning pct on the team. 

Stacy being mad at Asian players should be considered endearing to them .. like when Larry Bird gets mad at the opposing teams for putting a white guy on him 

Edited by woahnelly
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, woahnelly said:

Stacy being mad at Asian players should be considered endearing to them .. 

SNaP also doesn't like little Asian boys....ala the Walmart event.

Here's a funny one.

I was chatting up these Korean women at the CWO...they then showed me their Kakao Talk background picture was a picture of Stacy...I was LMAO...then SNaP walked by and both raced off like skool girls to get a selfie and autograph from SNaP.🤣