PITBULL808 WITB

Hi Pitbull,

You know I'm a die hard Titleist guy, but I have to admit that Tour Stage is making some really beautiful equipment. I still can't get over how gorgeous those putters came back, they had almost died before you sent them back for restoration!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee Andy, Kerry..thank you for your votes of confidence! :kewlpics: I think they'll be here for awhile.....so long as Tourstage doesn't come up with anything new! :angry:

Kevin, the putters look better in person. I took the Napa back to the original owner and he was shocked when he saw it. He actually thought it looked better then when he had it originally.

Thanks for looking guys. :aggressive:

Gee, I don't know. New Bstone CB's coming out in March!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! :angry:

:kewlpics: Not a chance they'll make it in the bag. Same company but a whole different product. I''ve always liked everything Tourstage over Bridgestone. :aggressive:

Siggggggghhhhhhhhhh....Set updated again. Let me start off by saying the sin of saying "the bag is set" will never pass my lips again.

I know all the reasons of staying to one set.....and it's the archer and not the arrow. I like change. I enjoy playing clubs that just came out. I enjoy playing stuff that everyone doesn't have. I'm way past tournament golf and really no matter how many times Russ/pm hacker says in his Rob Schneider voice "You can do it!"....I really don't think I'll ever compete again. I'm loving the fun and enjoyment of hacking a round out with friends. It's still golf and it's what I enjoy for the moment.

With that said.........new additions

Tourstage ViQ Forged irons...3-PW/NSPRO 950 Stiff........I'll probably be switching out the shafts soon, as for what I'll put in, I have no idea. DG Black Gold, TC's are possibilities.

Tourstage FuT U3 19*...I played this club prior to getting the Fourteen but after a round at Luana Hills, I was hitting it so well again, I figured I'd put it back in play.

Putters...Just got the Napa and Jat Proto back from the Cameron shop. I'll be rotating them with the Del Mar. Pulled the Tourstage PX-2 out of the goodie bag too. I figured since I've got mostly Tourstage going on in the bag, I might as well try bagging the putter too.

Enjoy the new pics in the first post. :angry:

Reid, I gotta admit . . . without a trace of sarcasm, I think I have a little bit of faith in you on this one. :) I can't really see any real threat to this bag. TourStage only has 25 more CC's to work with on the driver, but I think they've done enough with the shape and overall appearance on the 435 to last you at least another year. The 3 wood is the only thing I'm a little suspect of. I know it has performed for you, but you're already not liking the sound. I think if you were able to find the new TS X-ST to be of your liking that may switch, but honestly--I don't see too much movement here. Putters shouldn't count against you, unless you go on a spending spree, so I'll just bust on you as you make those changes later. Wedges are probably another weak spot for you, but you've got enough in reserve that I don't see too much change. Plus wedges can and should be changed out depending on the course, so like putters--they don't count. :aggressive:

You're irons . . . day---amn! Those balance bling, forgiveness, and star power (if you like young Ms. Ai), and should definitely stay in the bag for a while. I'll actually be somewhat disappointed in you if you pull these out in favor of some new irons--yet-to-be-named. I could almost allow a fallback to the MP60's as those have treated you well (according to you :vava: but your elbow might disagree). If the NSPro950's don't work out for you, I suggest keeping in the same Nippon family. If the ball flight is a little too high, go to the 1050's as they still have more shock-absorption than any TT offerings, plus enough weight that you shouldn't overpower an X, or even go to the 1150 stiffs (more traditional representation on flex) for more weight and even lower ball flight. [poor Japanese]Shikamo, Nihon no kurabu o tsukau tsumori de'attara, Nihon no shiyafutu o tsukau beki ja'nai?[/poor Japanese] :yahoo:

The only thing missing is a picture of some lefty TS products that you'll be sending me gratis. Wait a sec, did I say gratis? I meant fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :kewlpics:

That or a TS product catalogue--dealer's choice. (cool)

beruo

:hi:

you are such a little ho, you know that, you own both the mp32s and mp60s, you really make me ill. Oh wait a minute , i take it back, i own both too. LOL> .... Love it.

Fred..you've got me beat. I sold the 32's! :aggressive:

You don't have the 60's either :kewlpics: Oh, I can guarandamntee that he'll change clubs within 6 months...remember he's a ho with a serious problem!!

Why Thank You Beruo! That's probably the most civilized post you've ever made on my sticks! :kewlpics: Since you've been a major part of my "ho-ness" even though I really don't consider myself a real club ho. Maybe a putter ho, but hardly a club ho. Anyways...since you've been a major part of it due to me bouncing off all my ideas off of you and Mac, I blame you two for the new irons. :vava:

Pm Hacker.....I wouldn't talk too soon and call me names if I were you. I didn't see your X Tours in your bag for awhile either. Surely you can't tell me that the Titliest PM 701's are doing your game any better. :aggressive: Don't you think it's time for a change too?? I think so! :angry:

Your bag is set until Uncle comes home............. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I got some stuff that will blow your mind away!!!!!!! :angry:

I don't know if I should be happy or worried. :aggressive: Should I buy that yellow and black swoosh bag? :kewlpics:

whatever you do, just don't tell me you said bye bye to your mp60s. That would make you a super ho. LOL> :kewlpics:

If he won't tell you, I will :aggressive: Those babies are long gone as it financed his newly aquisitioned irons. Yes, he's a bigger ho than anyone knows and he's still coming out of the closet!! I should know, I see this :angry: everyday.

Great pics, the irons look very sweet. The refinished Scotties are very special. Your Bridgestone long neck is very interesting but the Delmar 3.5 is a putter which I am longing to get.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Thanks for the replies guys! Yes, unfortunately Russ is correct about the MP60's. They're gone. I don't usually keep any irons when buying a new set. If the next set doesn't work the way I want them too...oh well...great reason to buy another. :aggressive:

Update...added a John Byron Dale head with a black finish to the putter rotation. Putters are a real problem with me. This is my third in the last week. :kewlpics:

wow dont kno to much bout em but those wedges look sweet

Thanks! They are the new Shigeki Maruyama Spec wedges. Only 1000 sets were made to the spec's that he plays. I've had them reshafted and also added some weight to them. They were initially too short for me and a bit too light.

Here's the link to them when I first posted the pictures of them here at Golfwrx. Check out the box they came in.

Maru Spec Wedges

WOW....the face on the X Drive is huge....

Kinda like hitting the ball with the broadside of a barn!?!?

Those wedges do look really solid!

True on both accounts. I'm loving the results from both of them.

March 15, 2006.........bag updated again. Out is the Touredge Exotic 3 wood. IN is the Tourstage X-ST 3 Wood. Loved the looks of this head for ages. Finally decided to stop staring at it and buy it. Don't have any review on it yet as it's been storming for the past two weeks. :lol:

TOURSTAGE X Drive 435cc 9.5 w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M-65 X

435004.jpg

'Turbo Rubber Technology'? That's what got me through college! :ok: :tongue:

As always, :lol:. I'd be proud to have a bag like that. Classic style, but edgy at the same time.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

'Turbo Rubber Technology'? That's what got me through college! :ok: :tongue:

As always, :lol:. I'd be proud to have a bag like that. Classic style, but edgy at the same time.

Too funny Rob! :tongue: Thanks for the compliments.....especially when I've been eye balling your bag a lot too!

• 1 month later...

Not much of a change but a return to what was in the bag. The Maruyama Spec wedges are out and the Tour Vokeys back in. I actually like the Maru's better for full shots but the Vokeys work much better for touch shots around the green. This was definitely one of those occasions where even if I liked the looks of the Maru's better, it was a stupid sacrifice to take when something worked better.

Love the bag Pitbull. All that Tourstage kit is awesome.

Would kill for a bag like that! Great stuff :golfer:

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

You have more clubs than the shop i work in. Im serious

Well actually, not you, the other guy with a picture of his dog.

So where do you get all your Tour Stage clubs. Obviously you think they are better than Bridgestones, for what reasons?

I'm not sure what other guy w/ a dog picture you're thinking but Reid has more putters than most guys have clubs. :cheesy: Last count topped 100 (and I'm not talking a tommy armour/zebra type collection, I mean 20+ Camerons, a few Bettinardi's, etc.), which may not be enough to lead the way for many putter collectors here, but enough . . . :golfer:

Easy answer for Tourstage is that they are to Bridgestone what Lexus is to Toyota. They are the premium line for Bridgestone, but only available in Japan. If someone says tells you that BS and TS are the same, they're probably trying to sell you something (and they're probably calling it "tour" as well :D ). Much more research and development go into TourStage product development, manufacturing tolerances are much tighter, and (in Japan) the bump in brand status (analogous to Titleist over Cobra).

However, truth be told, I think Reid got into Tourstage because I was thinking about getting some. (cool)

beruo

(oh, btw--nice bag man. sorry to see the "all tourstage bag" go bye-bye, but I figured the tour vokeys would come back. i only hope you don't do something stupid and sell your maru-spec wedges to mac!) ;)

:hi:

Very, very, very nice updated bag!

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

Sorry I was gone for awhile and couldn't respond, but thanks for the comments guys. John, I tried my best to get the full TS bag but just couldn't keep the Vokeys out. They're worn down now and I really should be getting new TC's but they just work so well. My touch around the greens with them can't be beat. The Vokeys give me the best chance to hole out chips and it's stupid to try anything else just to fit a "look" and not use what works.

McCown...I think beruo said it all. Tourstage was the highline of the Bridgestone company before there was any Bridgestone clubs. The USA brand was Precept prior to the Bridgestones you see today. Even with the Bridgestone brand in America, Tourstage is still their highline. Most of the Bridgestone stuff you see out is based on r&d originally seen on Tourstage equipment. There are a few dealers in America but unless you can find a good one you can expect to pay easily twice what Bridgestone equipment cost. A Bridgestone J33 460 can be found at $250-300 while an X Drive 435 ranges from $600-800.

And Beruo...shhhh...I'm not a putter ho. I prefer putterholic...it's an addiction. :)

• pitbull808 changed the title to PITBULL808 WITB