Annika - 2022 Arnold Palmer Invitational

On 3/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, CallawayLefty said:

But what if the hypothetical player above a 4 handicap hits it 320 off every tee and just doesn’t have enough time to practice short game and usually shoots in the 60s from inside 6,300 yards but just maintains a 4 due to time and family constraints?

lol, whoops that's every internet pro..she would be 9 up after 9.....internet pros have weak knees.

17 hours ago, AdExec said:

I’m a member at a club where she shot 59 and every time I see that scorecard I’m amazed. Smaller, firm greens and huge old trees you have to move the ball around. That round of golf was something special I’m sure. 

Ah, Moon Valley is a challenging course for sure.  I was there that day.  My golfer had an early time and as we were finishing, rumors started circulating that she had a round going.  Most of us headed toward the ropes to follow along.  I spoke to Terry afterwards and he was just shaking his head.  Said the nerves didn't really hit her till 7 and 8 (she started on 10 that day.)  If my old man memory is correct, she missed a 6-8' putt on 9/18 that would have given her 58.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, OnTheBag said:

Ah, Moon Valley is a challenging course for sure.  I was there that day.  My golfer had an early time and as we were finishing, rumors started circulating that she had a round going.  Most of us headed toward the ropes to follow along.  I spoke to Terry afterwards and he was just shaking his head.  Said the nerves didn't really hit her till 7 and 8 (she started on 10 that day.)  If my old man memory is correct, she missed a 6-8' putt on 9/18 that would have given her 58.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

1 hour ago, Mookieb10 said:

wow. That’s eye catching. Not cause I thought the low cap men would “win”, but I didn’t think the ladies would totally wipe the floor like that. Was this the event from last fall?

It’s the LPGA event that kicks off the season with winners from previous two years and celebrities.  Celebs play modified Stableford. 

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hilton-grand-vacations-tournament-of-champions/results

1 hour ago, Mookieb10 said:

wow. That’s eye catching. Not cause I thought the low cap men would “win”, but I didn’t think the ladies would totally wipe the floor like that. Was this the event from last fall?

@Mookieb10: Jan20-23 in Orlando, FL (Results = per the Link that @Seamus_McDuff posted).

5 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

It’s the LPGA event that kicks off the season with winners from previous two years and celebrities.  Celebs play modified Stableford. 

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hilton-grand-vacations-tournament-of-champions/results

3 minutes ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

Alfonso Ribeiro

carlton from the fresh prince of bel air!!!

Excited The Oa GIF by NETFLIX

• Thanks 1

Ping G425 LST 9º | Fujikura Ventus Black 7TX

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Sik DW | BGT Stability Tour

20 hours ago, PZero said:

Yup

9d02a7q1ghd81.jpg.2e7d73485866e84e4a92f4745b093a79.jpg

I see that there are no 4 handicaps though.  Keep in mind that there are 4 handicaps out there that carry it 320 and would drive every green at LPGA course set ups.  Their handicap is a little deceiving because they shoot in the 60s most of the time from 6,300 yards, but only play the tips, and even though you would think the higher course rating would account for that, it just doesn’t manifest in their 4 handicap.  It’s also mostly due to family and time constraints so when they don’t drive the green (which again they always do on LPGA setups), their short game starts to fail them due to lack of practice. 

3 hours ago, CallawayLefty said:

I see that there are no 4 handicaps though.  Keep in mind that there are 4 handicaps out there that carry it 320 and would drive every green at LPGA course set ups.  Their handicap is a little deceiving because they shoot in the 60s most of the time from 6,300 yards, but only play the tips, and even though you would think the higher course rating would account for that, it just doesn’t manifest in their 4 handicap.  It’s also mostly due to family and time constraints so when they don’t drive the green (which again they always do on LPGA setups), their short game starts to fail them due to lack of practice. 

Gotta say one thing...the likes of a 4 holding‐ much less driving a green is remote 1 outta 10? It would take 40%+ for that scenario to work.

4 isn't magically going to become a +2 just because they play ladies tees. Especially if the greens complexes are tour level - just my experienced opinion

Sunday Bag

9 Clubs of freedom

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS - G/Fore

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

1 hour ago, animalgolfs said:

Gotta say one thing...the likes of a 4 holding‐ much less driving a green is remote 1 outta 10? It would take 40%+ for that scenario to work.

4 isn't magically going to become a +2 just because they play ladies tees. Especially if the greens complexes are tour level - just my experienced opinion

For those that don’t follow, there was like an 80 page thread in the instruction forum about whether a 4 handicap could beat an LPGA pro.  My schtick in this thread has been repeating the rationale of many members that a 4 handicap would be successful in that endeavor.  I basically just stopped reading the instruction forum after that thread given the insanity that people think someone who shoots 83 all the time could keep up with the LPGA.  But all of the things I said above are basically direct quotes from the naysayers in that thread.  

For anyone in doubt, go to an LPGA event some time and report back.  The LPGA are the third best golfers I have ever seen play - only behind the PGA Tour and Korn Ferry.  

Edited by CallawayLefty

29 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

For those that don’t follow, there was like an 80 page thread in the instruction forum about whether a 4 handicap could be an LPGA pro.  My schtick in this thread has been repeating the rationale of many members that a 4 handicap would be successful in that endeavor.  I basically just stopped reading the instruction forum after that thread given the insanity that people think someone who shoots 83 all the time could keep up with the LPGA.  But all of the things I said above are basically direct quotes from the naysayers in that thread.  

For anyone in doubt, go to an LPGA event some time and report back.  The LPGA are the third best golfers I have ever seen play - only behind the PGA Tour and Korn Ferry.  

Ok - that is something altogether different.  I don't think a 4hdcp has a chance in hell of beating LPGA players from 6300yds

So I agree wholeheartedly with you

Edited by animalgolfs

Sunday Bag

9 Clubs of freedom

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS - G/Fore

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/