Stealth vs Stealth Plus

Long Shot

Hit both today on trackman outdoors. 

Plus in 8° Ventus 6x TR 

Launch 11°

Spin 12/1500

SS 110

BS 162

Spin way too low. Ive never seen spin numbers like this. Holy cow. Unfortunately didn't have a 10.5 would love to see how that spun. 

Regular Stealth 

10.5 Ventus 6x TR 

Launch 14-15

Spin 21-2300

SS 111

BS 162

Much better numbers. ( Averages on both)

Has anyone had the same Low spin issue in the plus and gone to a higher loft and saw spin increase to playable numbers? 

Or is the regular Stealth just the way to go to get added spin? 

Shaft change could get me a slight spin increase but not enough to make it playable. 

My M2 sounds better but BS were definitely better on all hits with both Stealths. 

• Like 1

Got the Stealth on course for our Saturday round & its night and day difference in my hands. 

Complete opposite of the Plus & performs well. 

I would say the Stealth is comparable to my TSi & found fairway more often than not.

Was it longer than my TSi? Nope, was in all my usual spots

Is it better than my TSi ?  Still testing as I'm thinking it might actually get out there a little better on a miss. 

4 hours ago, Jace_bkr said:

Got the Stealth on course for our Saturday round & its night and day difference in my hands. 

Complete opposite of the Plus & performs well. 

I would say the Stealth is comparable to my TSi & found fairway more often than not.

Was it longer than my TSi? Nope, was in all my usual spots

Is it better than my TSi ?  Still testing as I'm thinking it might actually get out there a little better on a miss. 

When you say complete opposite of the plus, you mean higher or proper spin with appropriate trajectory?  

Edited by SwooshLT

On 3/7/2022 at 5:04 AM, Pastit said:

The stock red is so bad you should get a refund IMO.

eBay should be flooded with that crappy Red RDX shaft.  The TM adapter tip is to only thing worth saving from that shaft.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

34 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

When you complete opposite of the plus, you mean higher or proper spin with appropriate trajectory?  

That would be correct.

I can only attribute the Plus’s unpredictability outside to the lack of spin as I launch the stealth in the same window and it’s plenty playable 

• Like 1

Just now, Jace_bkr said:

That would be correct.

I can only attribute the Plus’s unpredictability outside to the lack of spin as I launch the stealth in the same window and it’s plenty playable 

Great to hear ......again, me finding a shaft that gives me confidence of a one way miss what/is huge and  I'm swinging more aggressively adding more positive yardages 😂😂😂😂

Enjoy my friend! 

2 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Great to hear ......again, me finding a shaft that gives me confidence of a one way miss what/is huge and  I'm swinging more aggressively adding more positive yardages 😂😂😂😂

Enjoy my friend! 

Same here.  Last week I had enough of the Stealth + with Velocore Red 6s.  Others here suggested adding weight, which I did and took to the range.  Got it up to D5 with some lead tape and it did feel significantly better.  This was on the range though and never had any issues on the range with it.  I just dreaded the thought of playing another round with it and really was just going to sell and go back to my TSI3.

I had a bunch of shop credit and a hair up my rear Friday so I had them build me an AD-DI 6s (play heavier versions in my 3 wood, hybrid and 4 iron so I'm quite familiar with it).  I knew it would be heavy at 45.5" and it did come in at D7.  Took it right out on the course, choking down a little to mitigate some of the heavier SW.  Night and day difference.  Vast majority were tiny draws.  Those that I did pull, weren't pull hooks.  No more sweeping dive bombing hooks or massive blocks from not trying to hook it either.  After the round I took the length down a little shy of .5" which gave a D 4 SW.  Everything is perfect now (knock on wood).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, blazman11 said:

Same here.  Last week I had enough of the Stealth + with Velocore Red 6s.  Others here suggested adding weight, which I did and took to the range.  Got it up to D5 with some lead tape and it did feel significantly better.  This was on the range though and never had any issues on the range with it.  I just dreaded the thought of playing another round with it and really was just going to sell and go back to my TSI3.

I had a bunch of shop credit and a hair up my rear Friday so I had them build me an AD-DI 6s (play heavier versions in my 3 wood, hybrid and 4 iron so I'm quite familiar with it).  I knew it would be heavy at 45.5" and it did come in at D7.  Took it right out on the course, choking down a little to mitigate some of the heavier SW.  Night and day difference.  Vast majority were tiny draws.  Those that I did pull, weren't pull hooks.  No more sweeping dive bombing hooks or massive blocks from not trying to hook it either.  After the round I took the length down a little shy of .5" which gave a D 4 SW.  Everything is perfect now (knock on wood).  

VERY happy to hear this ....... I've tried 7 or 8 shafts and a real Kai li white really brought my plus ALIVE  ......good on you bro ......but your color scheme is WAY off now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I spent yesterday at Cool Clubs trying to dial my Plus in. Head weighed the same

as Sim2 which surprised me. Tried numerous shafts…. 

Worked out that I need to sell mine.

The fitter said some of feedback they’re getting is some people just struggle with the optics of the red face and as such manipulate swing to adjust. 

I owned the M4, M3, M5, Sim and Sim 2. I drove each of them well and better than the previous model. First time the new TM just didn’t work for me. Oh well. 🤷‍♂️

I've really liked the stealth+ so far. Only had it out on the course a couple of times but the early signs are promising. I launch it super high and it's managed to take a little of the height away without changing anything in my swing really. I don't hit too many hooks or high toe strikes so the super low spin one that falls out of the sky I haven't really seen too much of. I'm a bit low and heely of centre and those have been pretty good to me.

11 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

......but your color scheme is WAY off now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

hahahahahaha, you have NO idea how much that bothers me.  I almost didn't buy the shaft just because of that and I wish I was joking.  I asked if they had any of the black AD-DI in stock and they didn't so I took what I could get quickly.  They also threw on the Buffalo Bills color MCC +4 grip so the thing was a clown show for the first round.  I switched to a grey MCC +4 when I cut it down.

I'm trying to tell myself the red face is really just a darker shade of orange 🙂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, blazman11 said:

hahahahahaha, you have NO idea how much that bothers me.  I almost didn't buy the shaft just because of that and I wish I was joking.  I asked if they had any of the black AD-DI in stock and they didn't so I took what I could get quickly.  They also threw on the Buffalo Bills color MCC +4 grip so the thing was a clown show for the first round.  I switched to a grey MCC +4 when I cut it down.

I'm trying to tell myself the red face is really just a darker shade of orange 🙂

Here's mine.....

20220323_112435.jpg.9f61966561dcd24e6a346ca2a8eca728.jpg20220323_112241.jpg.34e58a8d4d0548bb7536ec2ca64f945e.jpg20220323_112209.jpg.c1e8bb797c5073262fd68cdef23884e7.jpg

20220323_112241.jpg

When I tested them initially, I was spinning them too low.  Turned out to be a swing issue.  Got the swing fixed and went back in to check launch/spin on my Sim2.  I was getting good numbers with it but spin was up so grabbed the Stealth and Stealth + and hit several with each with my shaft and came out to getting much more consistency and straighter shots with the Stealth +.  Stealth was also very good but was spinning on avg. 300rpm more and overall slightly longer with the Stealth + and I didn't notice one to be more forgiving than the other.  Went with the Stealth+ and so far so good.  I'm hitting it straighter too likely due to the lower spin.  

• Thanks 1

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

15 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Here's mine.....

Real nice looking!  Kinda wish I would have hit the Kai Li before chewing up a lot of my shop credit on the AD-DI.  But I'm still happy.  

Did not have a good driving day yesterday but everything was in play which is all I care about on this course.  League play yesterday and playing more forward tees so I wasn't penalized by my poor swing.  Moving to the DI was the right move as it kept the pull draws I was hitting in play where the Velocore red would have turned them into pull hooks.  

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, halfsumo said:

Every time I have done an indoor fitting on trackman, it has my shots dramatically drawing/hooking and launching super low. In real life, I hardly ever hit a low overdraw. Like maybe 1 out of 50. In my fittings on trackman every single shot is a low pull hook. I dunno if it's me or just how it reads my inside delivery. Maybe I am setting up right compared to where the trackman is pointed?  Hitting outdoors at the range I have gone to for years, I can see the flight and pretty much know what is good for me and what isn't after a few shots. 

Anyway, I traded Jace for the Stealth and got his Stealth Plus. Hit it on the range yesterday it is is dramatically less consistent for me than the Stealth was. Also, much more fade bias. If all I wanted to do was hit fades, it would be pretty good. I'm going to give it another shot on Saturday lofted up and play around with the weight. I have found that lofting up and closing the face actually works for me pretty well in lower spin drivers. 

I am hitting them side by side with my Rogue ST Max Ls and the Rogue is just a better fit for me. Way more consistent, but the Stealths are probably a touch longer. 

I have IZ 6x in the Rogue and Ventus Red 6x for the STealths. Might be the IZ is just a better driver shaft for me. 

I switched from a Velocore Blue 6S to the AD IZ-6S.  And it works great for me.  Felt like I had to go after it with every swing with the Velocore Blue.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

On 3/22/2022 at 10:28 PM, Slingadrive said:

Sounds like my experience. After a few rounds I worked out that its too light - it sounds like this could be your issue too...?

I originally looked at buying the standard Stealth with the 60gm Ascent shaft as the spin and angle looked right and the Plus just was to low spinning for my swing. I ended up buying the standard but got a great deal adding the tour AD XC 7S shaft and the extra weight gives me more stability when I want to go after it. Also ended up dropping the 9 degree down closer to 8 so I could get my flight down. You may want to try a heavier shaft to see if that helps.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, aquapig said:

Not to be a smart arse, but I find it a bit laughable when folks who haven't played a single round of golf with a club state how a club has been a good fit for them. 

I understand people can hit a ton of balls on monitors and look at numbers, but there really is nothing like getting on a course in real conditions, under pressure when you're punished for bad shots. 

Put a good golf swing on any of the new drivers that came out this year and I'm sure you'll get very very similar results. 

Still fun to have a shiny new toy and a ton of fun to read about how great they all are. Even from those who haven't played a single hole with them. 

Agree.... These reviews of guys hitting into nets are so pointless and hilarious. 

• Like 1

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

I have 2 rounds under my belt with the Stealth Plus. Coming from an OG Sim. Both heads 9* set at standard, same shaft (Ventus Black 6x playing @45") swing weight roughly D7to8ish which is my preferred feel. 

Stealth launches lower for me which is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't do well opening face angle. I did struggle with hooks and big draws my first few sessions with the Stealth before playing with it. I've never seen that ever! I was combination of my swing and somehow the new look of the Stealth had me setting up with the face kinda shut. After moving the weight all the way to fade (og sim was slightly heel side) and doing lead tape to toe area to get to my desired swing weight this thing came to life!!!! I now have a flatter ball flight that curves less than SIM. To me the Stealth feels better too, middle face is pillow soft which I prefer. 

Could be honeymoon, who knows.  Still have the og sim on reserve in case lol. 

For reference I'm a +1.2 cap. Clubhead speed 123-126, im always fighting height and spin, Stealth is doing that for me so far! 

• 2 weeks later...

how is everyone liking the 3 wood stealth compared to the driver

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X