2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Spider X Hydroblast Short Slant - Release Date

Catrick_Pantlay

On 6/13/2022 at 6:56 PM, tarrantian said:

The pic of the right handed model has the stepped shaft I spoke of (💩), the left handed model has the original KBS CT Tour no step model…

Interesting why the change for right handed players, a show stopper for me.

B023A50E-6B47-4945-8A08-B99A54A1CC73.jpeg

2251B3E9-80C1-4E67-B9F0-B87961A79132.jpeg

So that’s a spider ex platinum next to the spider x hydroblast? They look close in color, not identical, but the platinum is painted?

13 hours ago, Bbunty said:

Could be the reflection of the plastic?

This ^^^

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

On 3/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bbunty said:

Anyone know when the release date is for Spider X Hydro Blast Short Slant? It's in their custom options catalogue @TaylorMadeGolf

image.png.57f899ede76a56da559226cf4b4e070e.png

While the title says 'Short Slant', the pic posted in the first post says 'Small Slant'.  The pic also notes the small slant is half shaft offset, while I believe the short slant options are 3/4 shaft offset.  Stupid question, but does TM make both a short slant and small slant (with different offset amounts)?

34 minutes ago, ChadTway said:

While the title says 'Short Slant', the pic posted in the first post says 'Small Slant'.  The pic also notes the small slant is half shaft offset, while I believe the short slant options are 3/4 shaft offset.  Stupid question, but does TM make both a short slant and small slant (with different offset amounts)?

That's my bad, I use short and small interchangeably, it is in fact the small slant

Wow - A plethora of short/small slants!! (This week at the Travellers)...

Love the black KBS CT Tour shafts, funny these don't appear to be available at retail for the Hydro Blast Spider X. 😢

IMG_3754.webp

IMG_3755.webp

Edited by tarrantian
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

Gentlemen thanks for the pictures!! I don't even have a golf Worx account but I'll tell you what these pictures are making me cream my pants!!

we've got to get to the bottom of this and get TaylorMade to put this putter out with how *hot* Rory McIlroy has been lately... and his beautiful hydro blast spider X putter. he's got some heavier weights in the back than the standard.

I believe he uses two 12 gram weights which, if you've never tried the spider or spider X with heavier weights in the back it makes it even more stable and basically swing itself...

My gosh how is TaylorMade not releasing this putter with Rory McIlroy making it so popular we want the short slant and we want it in the Black Shaft.... I honestly don't care if it's stepped or stepless but I prefer stepless...

Come on TaylorMade nobody wants these new silly looking spider ex and Spyder GT don't try to fix what's not broken the pros are the proof in your pudding

Rory McIlroy winning witb From the RBC Canadian open that pops up from recent WRX link to.

Take a gander at his hydroblast spider X.

You'll notice the carbon fiber insert on the bottom says "spider tour" and not spider X.

Interesting, I'm positive this is a Spider X Hydroblast obviously...

Screenshot_2022-06-25-08-56-02.png

Gentlemen can you not build the exact setup Rory has on the TaylorMade website in My Spider X?

Or at least get the hydro blast in a short slant neck?

I'm going to snag one, I found my a pre-owned My Spider X Hydro blast same setup Rory has ( it may be just a regular KBS Black Shaft stepless not the CT Tour) for $230.

Overall good condition everywhere except a Ding and paint chip on far side of the face from some goon who obviously didn't have it in the head cover.

Who would spend the Dough on a my spider X and not keep it in the head cover and pristine when not in use?

I'll insert the picture after I buy it, cause I'm afraid one of you guys might be my competition for it!

8 hours ago, WJack13 said:

Gentlemen thanks for the pictures!! I don't even have a golf Worx account but I'll tell you what these pictures are making me cream my pants!!

we've got to get to the bottom of this and get TaylorMade to put this putter out with how *hot* Rory McIlroy has been lately... and his beautiful hydro blast spider X putter. he's got some heavier weights in the back than the standard.

I believe he uses two 12 gram weights which, if you've never tried the spider or spider X with heavier weights in the back it makes it even more stable and basically swing itself...

My gosh how is TaylorMade not releasing this putter with Rory McIlroy making it so popular we want the short slant and we want it in the Black Shaft.... I honestly don't care if it's stepped or stepless but I prefer stepless...

Come on TaylorMade nobody wants these new silly looking spider ex and Spyder GT don't try to fix what's not broken the pros are the proof in your pudding

Agree that Rory’s putter combo should be offered to us amateurs!

FYI - I believe I saw a close-up of his putter from the US Open album and he’s using 6g weights in each side. I switched my Spider X copper weights from the stock 2g to 6g and found it to be more stable for me. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

Hey Zap, thank you for my first reply on WRX!

That's most excellent, I wondered if Rory was still using the 10 gram or 12 G weights.

I do believe you saw 6 gram in his putter set-up @ the US Open- quite Odd as Rory tends to like the spider heavier for reasons like you and I both listed! that's extremely recent content, could you share that image with us or let us know how you saw 6g ??

The microscopic lettering on the weights is almost impossible to read without an extremely up close picture or actually having the putter in hand.

If you could get us that image or expand on how you saw it at the us open, that would be great my friend.

7 minutes ago, WJack13 said:

Hey Zap, thank you for my first reply on WRX!

That's most excellent, I wondered if Rory was still using the 10 gram or 12 G weights.

I do believe you saw 6 gram in his putter set-up @ the US Open- quite Odd as Rory tends to like the spider heavier for reasons like you and I both listed! that's extremely recent content, could you share that image with us or let us know how you saw 6g ??

The microscopic lettering on the weights is almost impossible to read without an extremely up close picture or actually having the putter in hand.

If you could get us that image or expand on how you saw it at the us open, that would be great my friend.

This was at Genesis WITB gallery at

Is that a 6 on side of weight?

55FF3CE2-CC92-44BE-9A0C-5C0DDF3D0E4D.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Yep, the Hydroblast finish Spider X putter with that sleek black KBS CT tour shaft short slant hosel is so tempting to want for myself when watching Rory actually start holing some putts!

TaylorMade is crazy not to sell that!

I agree.

Not surprisingly, it seems TM is more interested in selling new product (of course) like the spider GT, which is of absolutely no interest to me.

Perhaps someone else will chime in and we'll get some better information in the coming weeks.

Glad you could confirm that the already extremely high Moi spider putter is exponentially better when you change out to some heavier weights! Even if it's just a few grams on each side.

Looks like You, Rory, and I ( one of these 3 is not like the others😀)  all agree.

Where did you get your weights from, they're expensive from TaylorMade but you can buy them on eBay for cheap.

I actually have a 12 gram weight set-up on the Spider Tour Black (Dustin Johnson) and 14 G on the Spider X. That's almost an added 30G and I love it.

Cheers!

Rors has the 6g weights, and I had used them as well (Much more stable than the 2g stocks that come with it)...

I don't believe (in Canada at least) the My Spider X program included the 'Hydro Blast' as yet.

Hey Guys, what do you make of this putter I just bought.

It's a pre-owned my spider X KBS blk stepless.

Does the Finish appear to be hydro blast or do y'all think it's just that silver paint finish TM offers as one of the many colors to choose from on the my spider build?

They only had one and said it can take up to 48 hours for it to be removed from their site once purchased.

I don't know how old it is.

It's definitely a short slant # 3 hosel we all like.

Screenshot_2022-06-28-17-44-51.png

Screenshot_2022-06-28-17-51-09.png

On 6/25/2022 at 2:50 PM, mhudson111 said:

This was at Genesis WITB gallery at

Is that a 6 on side of weight?

55FF3CE2-CC92-44BE-9A0C-5C0DDF3D0E4D.jpeg

I actually think he could be using 9g based upon the photo. Here is my putter with the 6g and the numbers are flipped (unless there’s some camera trick).

thanks for posting the album btw!

23FE79F3-0290-42CD-87CE-F81E04FA2E6E.jpeg

8FE322A5-ADEC-460D-9A2A-6F0D5B011E93.jpeg

Edited by zap311

One other note is that Rory may choose his weights based upon his putter length, which I believe is still 34.5”(per this article). I recommend heavier weights than the stock 2g for sure, but what you select between 6-12g is really up to your specs and preferred feel. 

28 minutes ago, zap311 said:

I actually think he could be using 9g based upon the photo. Here is my putter with the 6g and the numbers are flipped (unless there’s some camera trick).

thanks for posting the album btw!

23FE79F3-0290-42CD-87CE-F81E04FA2E6E.jpeg

8FE322A5-ADEC-460D-9A2A-6F0D5B011E93.jpeg

Yeah your number is the opposite orientation, if your sure it’s 6 his is most likely 9g.  Good catch

Here’s a 2019 article (might be dated?) where he says 9.

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/01/15/rory-mcilroy-new-prototype-spider-putter-taylor-made.amp.html

“They are (weights in the back). I just changed ones here, (the player who’s testing it has) gone up (in weight). I’ve taken them from 3’s (3 grams) up to 9’s. “

6 hours ago, WJack13 said:

Does the Finish appear to be hydro blast or do y'all think it's just that silver paint finish TM offers as one of the many colors to choose from on the my spider build?

They only had one and said it can take up to 48 hours for it to be removed from their site once purchased.

It’s tough for me to tell from the photo, but I would guess it’s a mySpider X putter based upon the blue logo plate. Unless it’s some rare special order, I would guess it’s silver paint. Regardless, it looks sharp!

Hey guys, yes correct 9Gram if you think it's 6, it's just the camera playing tricks.

As I originally stated before, I've followed Rory forever and anytime there's a write-up on his Spider X putter, he's always in the 9 to 10 G range.

Specifically because the heavier weights help with his consistency and distance control.

He goes on to point out how you have to putt perfectly everyday with the Scotty Cameron blade, but with the spider x you can get away with more because of the higher moi.

Bottom line it was just more consistent for him than the blade. I think we'll see him stick with the spider X for the foreseeable future-i hope. 

Definitely 9g weights. He had 10 G weights as well for a while.

23 hours ago, WJack13 said:

Looks to be a MySpiderX with silver paint. The light blue paint fill on the back would be black if it was a stock one off the shelf. I'm interested to know how the silver paint looks/appears compared to hydroblast. Do you think it will chip away like other spider paints?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I'm well aware it's a custom built my spider. It was listed as one and as you guys have correctly pointed out we all can obviously tell right away that the baby blue back plate makes it a my spider x.

As for the silver paint, apparently it's held up well as this putter is over one year old they say. I've seen my spiders in other paint colors in really bad shape.

Here's my question to you guys, if I would have listed this as a "hydro blast" who could have told the difference?

Let's say the back plate was not baby blue, but black as it comes on the stock hydro blast which is definitely an option you can choose in my spider x.

I don't think anyone could have told the difference. At least, I sure couldn't have.

from the paint in the picture I would think it was hydro blast.

Man I should start offering my services to buy and ship these down to members in the US. Not that hard to find in Canada. 

• Thanks 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Ha, You might should consider it.

To think of all places, it's us in the US TaylorMade headquarters who can't get them.

I'll go check my local Golf Galaxy/Dicks,  PGA TOUR Superstore etc, but considering none of these stores have them available on their websites and nobody else can find them in the US it's probably going to be a miss.

On the other hand, we could just bombard TaylorMade customer service with inquiries demanding (politely) they release the Spider X Hydro- blast in #3 hosel aka short slant.

If they ask, tell them Rory made us do it, eh?

1 hour ago, WJack13 said:

Ha, You might should consider it.

To think of all places, it's us in the US TaylorMade headquarters who can't get them.

I'll go check my local Golf Galaxy/Dicks,  PGA TOUR Superstore etc, but considering none of these stores have them available on their websites and nobody else can find them in the US it's probably going to be a miss.

On the other hand, we could just bombard TaylorMade customer service with inquiries demanding (politely) they release the Spider X Hydro- blast in #3 hosel aka short slant.

If they ask, tell them Rory made us do it, eh?

One person commented above through a TM rep that it was UK/Canada only. 

I already sent one down for a member here and if I do it again cost plus tax plus shipping plus my time is one expensive Spider. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 6/25/2022 at 8:14 PM, WJack13 said:

Gentlemen can you not build the exact setup Rory has on the TaylorMade website in My Spider X?

Or at least get the hydro blast in a short slant neck?

I'm going to snag one, I found my a pre-owned My Spider X Hydro blast same setup Rory has ( it may be just a regular KBS Black Shaft stepless not the CT Tour) for $230.

Hi. Do they now do the hydroblast finish in MySpider? I have never seen this but would love this combination - @taylormade, you listening??!!👍👍

• Like 1

I double checked and there is no Hydroblast option for the custom "My Spider X." (Not Yet, perhaps we shall put the pressure on TaylorMade.)

Sigh, But hey at least you can build  a custom bright pink TM Logo Plate on the rear of the putter that nobody wants!?

Currently, it's just a custom silver paint job offered on the my spider X. It does look somewhat similar to the hydro blast at glance. Surely could fool some.

Unfortunately it'll always bother me it's not actually hydro blast.

Not sure how it holds up? So far pretty well judging from the silver pre-owned my spider I bought (pictured in a prior post somewhere above) that's 12 months old.

Interestingly, who would have guessed, the very best finish TaylorMade has produced for the spider line, is actually no paint finish at all!....

But rather an extremely smooth feeling finish using a water-blasting method they have simply named, Hydro-blast.

In my case, Out of several Spider putters I've ever owned, I've never had even one single flake of paint fall off.

All 3 Spider's remain pristine.

Two of the 2020 Spider Tour Black Dustin Johnson models, and One midnight (navy) Spider X.

All #3 hosel (short slant) with black KBS shafts.

They still look like the week I purchased them despite decent use.

I wonder if the black Spider paint holds up better?

I would've never known Spider's had a problem with paint flaking if I hadn't seen many pictures of atrocious looking spider flaking paint jobs-it's true for some.

To the kind man in Canada thinking of offering shipping services to the US on #3 short slant Hydroblast Spider X for extra cost- it's very tempting...

I don't think I'd be interested until I confirm what Taylor Made's decision is regarding offering them in the US or not.

Though some people may be interested, as you've already done it once.

My take on availability?

There's absolutely no reason the United States shouldn't be able to get the Spider X hydroblast #3 short slant when others can. 

Folks, we've got to reach out to TaylorMade. 

Clearly and politely getting their attention about the hydroblast spider X model being offered in the (# 3 hosel TM calls it on their spec sheet).

The more of us who reach out, the more they'll know we mean business.

Do be prepared for an underwhelmingly poor response by a half trained employee that doesn't know a wedge from a driver saying what we already know- "Upon checking that product is not currently available.."

It doesn't matter the response.

The point is to let TM gauge high interest in Rory's putter so our voice is heard.

With that said, I've done my part with emails to different addresses today! 

I'll list a few contacts I have for TaylorMade below:

1.) Taylormadegolf.com

This is the Very BEST way.

Taylormadegolf.com website.

Simply, scroll down near the bottom of the page and click "help".

Under the "help" drop-down arrow, click "contact us".

Select "product availability" - then you can write in the Box about the hydro blast #3 hosel in the US.

Provide your email address and they'll return your inquiry.

quick and easy 

2.)  This is a good one as it goes directly to Chris, who is a fitter.

[email protected]

3.) 1 800 888-2582

Cheers!

Edited by WJack13
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, WJack13 said:

I double checked and there is no Hydroblast option for the custom "My Spider X." (Not Yet, perhaps we shall put the pressure on TaylorMade.)

Sigh, But hey at least you can build  a custom bright pink TM Logo Plate on the rear of the putter that nobody wants!?

Currently, it's just a custom silver paint job offered on the my spider X. It does look somewhat similar to the hydro blast at glance. Surely could fool some.

Unfortunately it'll always bother me it's not actually hydro blast.

Not sure how it holds up? So far pretty well judging from the silver pre-owned my spider I bought (pictured in a prior post somewhere above) that's 12 months old.

Interestingly, who would have guessed, the very best finish TaylorMade has produced for the spider line, is actually no paint finish at all!....

But rather an extremely smooth feeling finish using a water-blasting method they have simply named, Hydro-blast.

In my case, Out of several Spider putters I've ever owned, I've never had even one single flake of paint fall off.

All 3 Spider's remain pristine.

Two of the 2020 Spider Tour Black Dustin Johnson models, and One midnight (navy) Spider X.

All #3 hosel (short slant) with black KBS shafts.

They still look like the week I purchased them despite decent use.

I wonder if the black Spider paint holds up better?

I would've never known Spider's had a problem with paint flaking if I hadn't seen many pictures of atrocious looking spider flaking paint jobs-it's true for some.

To the kind man in Canada thinking of offering shipping services to the US on #3 short slant Hydroblast Spider X for extra cost- it's very tempting...

I don't think I'd be interested until I confirm what Taylor Made's decision is regarding offering them in the US or not.

Though some people may be interested, as you've already done it once.

My take on availability?

There's absolutely no reason the United States shouldn't be able to get the Spider X hydroblast #3 short slant when others can. 

Folks, we've got to reach out to TaylorMade. 

Clearly and politely getting their attention about the hydroblast spider X model being offered in the (# 3 hosel TM calls it on their spec sheet).

The more of us who reach out, the more they'll know we mean business.

Do be prepared for an underwhelmingly poor response by a half trained employee that doesn't know a wedge from a driver saying what we already know- "Upon checking that product is not currently available.."

It doesn't matter the response.

The point is to let TM gauge high interest in Rory's putter so our voice is heard.

With that said, I've done my part with emails to different addresses today! 

I'll list a few contacts I have for TaylorMade below:

1.) Taylormadegolf.com

This is the Very BEST way.

Taylormadegolf.com website.

Simply, scroll down near the bottom of the page and click "help".

Under the "help" drop-down arrow, click "contact us".

Select "product availability" - then you can write in the Box about the hydro blast #3 hosel in the US.

Provide your email address and they'll return your inquiry.

quick and easy 

2.)  This is a good one as it goes directly to Chris, who is a fitter.

[email protected]

3.) 1 800 888-2582

Cheers!

Thanks for this. I chatted with a TaylorMade rep through their customer service chat on their website. They mentioned they don't release clubs to the general public regionally, meaning if it's in Canada or Europe, he would expect it to be made available in the United States. He had no idea if/when that would be though. Will keep bugging them after the holiday. 

• Thanks 1