golfr03

Well, I went to the range last night and about halfway through

the bucket I couldnt resist to try out the Nike SQ Tour b/c I have

been wanting to since it came out. He taped it up and all I can

say is WOW!! This is an awesome driver. I also think the look

of the head and the set up are awesome. I hit the 9*5 w/ a

Aldila NV 65-S and it set up good fr me. IMO this is the best driver

I have ever hit and I just wanted to share my opinion on it b/c

there are a lot of good and bad reviews.

:) :cheesy:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) :cheesy:

i haven't seen one bad review of the tour..

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?ac...st=0#entry75161

The Nike SasQuatch Tour 460 driver has a taller face height and less breadth than the SasQuatch 460. This unique profile delivers a more boring trajectory and the increased workability desired by better players.

Thats what the Golfsmith.com website says about the tour club. Is it true that only more experienced players should buy the tour version? Is it because the tour version is more workable and the regular 460 is more forgiving? Would you recommend this driver for a high handicapper?

Thats what the Golfsmith.com website says about the tour club. Is it true that only more experienced players should buy the tour version? Is it because the tour version is more workable and the regular 460 is more forgiving? Would you recommend this driver for a high handicapper?

Yah, I think that a regular high handicapper could play this club.

I really dont think that you have to be good to play it and I thought

it was pretty forgiving. The best thing to do is to go to a range and

try it out for yourself and see if it suits you.

i haven't seen one bad review of the tour..

I was talking about the Sasquatch driver in general,

You are right that it is the regular SQ that gets most

of the bad reviews

I hit the SQ Tour/Diamana "S" 9.5* extensively this morning. It felt quite solid but did not deliver the ball speed of my Ignite 460 10.5*/Accra T-60 M4. For me, not a good match.

TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 18*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood 21*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
T.Made R7 CGB Max 4-iron, REAX 55 S
TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, 1* strong, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 49/06, 59/06, Nippon 950H Neo

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 56*, Tour Issue DG S400
TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, Garsen non-taper grip

The SQ Tour so far seems to be a fantastic stick. A lot of input I've been getting on it from better golfers is that they are perferring the SQ Tour over the R7 425 when hit side-by-side.

The better players are also telling me that it does for sure have a lower ball flight than many other drivers of comparable lofts.

OK.. Review time..

played 18 holes sunday... saturday the greens were still frozen..

first let me say this.. alot of people reported with the 460 ignite that the the club was a bit harder to square up than other drivers... me included.. some lead tape on the heel helped this out..

NO LEAD TAPE needed on the sq..

This thing ( with the right shaft) is a Freakin Fairway Finder (FFF). I now know the Prolaunch 65s works for me in general as a driver shaft.. the low spin of the tour SQ and the high launch of this shaft makes for a remarkable combo. I wonder now if i would have had better results with my 460 ignite with this shaft.... oh well.. anyhoo..

The launch of the 9.5* was spot on for me.... glad I didn't wait for the 10.5*... right now its the perfect match of carry and roll.. and in 45* temps a 265-270 yd drive is respectable.. and should relate to a 285 yarder come the 75-80* temps of the spring.

Feel... ah yes the players monitor... yes as many have said.. the tour sq feels very similar to the 410 ignite.. and nothing like the 460 ignite.. a muted tink.. versus the loud metallic tink of the ignite and G2...

nothing to pierce the ears but enuff to let you know you smacked it..

Drawing the ball isn't as easy as fading with this driver ... which is perfect for me.. since I typically hit the ball dead straight to a slight fade.... ( when needed).

Again .. this is a driver that needs the exact shaft that fits YOU! and it will sing. I just can't wait until it warms up and I can use a Nike ONE/Black or a Prov1 in the spring and see how this thing works in ideal conditions.

But needless to say.. it was great to have this guy in the bag Sunday and the 10/14 fwy i hit made it fun... and good for the wallet. :)

aw.... yes.. lets discuss the shallow face of the SQ.. just slightly less depth than the ignite.. at over 2.1" some ( TM lovers ) might say wow that is just too shallow for me.. forgetaboutit...

I never even noticed it.. perhaps it was because i was hitting the center of the face all day but.. it shouldn't be a concern for most players..

I don't think this club warrants a purchase if your are happy with and hitting well your current nike ignite driver beit the 410 or the 460.. but nike fixed all that was wrong with the 460 ( sound, appearance, tough to close face) with the tour SQ...

4.5/5 feel

4.5/5 distance

5/5 finding fairway

5/5 price $350 with this shaft is a steal

Great Job nike...

:dntknw: :drinks:

Sorry friend, I feel the same way Tiger does. The Ignite is a better driver. But, I really don't think the Ignite is all that great in it's self. One thing is for sure the looks of the driver is for... :wave:

But hey, if you enjoy it, so be it. :beach:

i was in montreal for business and went to a golf town in some free time and saw the sq tour. its not a bad looking club, not bad at all. wasn't allowed to demo it. it was 690 canadian, which is about 600 us, but then again, if you've ever been to golf town (at least the one in downtown montreal) you know there prices are higher than edwin watts or golfsmith here. i don't know if i would play it, but that is more the 460 size, and i struggle hitting a 460 driver. it had the diamana shaft, 83g which i would be curious to try. i play a nv-75 in my 410 and really like the extra weight.

i stood in the shop comparing the the tour, to the max, to the 460. the tour is a little longer than the ignite, and not as tool, but they are close. the max, well the max is just out there. the shape of the max is just horrible.

i will agree that the clubs are not the greatest looking, the yellow sole piece. again though, who is looking at the sole when driving? if you can see the sole, you've got a serious swing/setup problem. if i weren't yellow it wouldn't bother me. i think there are a lot of other drivers with ugly soles out there. i think the r7 sole is clutered and the ping g2/g5 isn't doing a lot for me either.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]