What shaft in your Cobra LTDx driver?

hackalot

On 3/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, EatDrinkRunLSU said:

Depending on how much weight you need to add, one of the stock Cobra weights may work for you.

https://www.cobragolf.com/ltdx-weights

On 3/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, Hedgehog said:

Thanks for link! Didn't know these are for sale yet!

Shame these don't ship outside US and also $25 + shipping is just silly. I might just add some lead tape under the current weight.

Do you guys know if I can get the head weight w the adapter up to around 200g without lead or hotmelt?

17 hours ago, Poolparty said:

Do you guys know if I can get the head weight w the adapter up to around 200g without lead or hotmelt?

My LTD X head, with the screw in is already at 199 gr. So it's already up there. Mine was ordered standard with the RDX Blue 60.

image.png.850951c4f173c7964cb4f6843e00b451.png

I just managed to order the 14gr back weight from my local golf shop so I am upping the head weight to 203 ish' so I can game the 45,25" shafts I got.

G425 Max Ventus Red VeloCore / Ping G425 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Ping G425 4Hy  Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

When I got my LTDx head I purchased a cheap 22' AV Raw white 65s shaft. It was great, but decided to try a Ventus TR. Played today and it is the best dang combo I have tried. Long, straight with a little draw at most. Tried to fade it it on a couple holes and it won't do it. It was just long bomb straight. 

• Like 1

Received my new Cobra LTDx Ls 9.0 driver a couple of weeks ago and have 8 rounds with it so far.  It replaced my Ping G410 LST 10.5 that I had been playing the last 3 years.

At my fitting at the end of March I was limited to stock shafts.

Had a great swing day and when getting some baseline data was producing the fastest club head speeds in the past few years with my Ping.  Swing speed was in a tight range between 102-105.

First tried the Cobra 10.5 head LTDx LS head with the RDX Blue 6.0 and could not feel where the head was during my swing.  Apparently the Cobra head is a fair bit lighter than the Ping head.  The counterbalanced RDX Blue shaft with the Cobra head was returning a C9 swing weight value while the Ping was at D7, also with a counterbalanced shaft.

Swapped out the 10g heel & 3g toe sole weights for 14g heel & 6g weights and brought the swing weight up to D6.

The 10.5 degree head was producing a strong left bias.  Lofted it down and it wasn’t much better.

Switched to the LTDx LS 9.0 head with the heavier weights and it was going right.  Lofted up to +1.0 and switched to the Project X iM10 6.0 60g shaft and was finding my happy place.  2300 RPM spin, 12 degrees of launch, 104 swing speed, 153 ball speed.  

Tried the Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White Stiff shaft also and with it I got my highest ball speeds.  Felt like I could swing as hard as I wanted because it was so stable.  But it also felt like I had to swing hard to get the shaft to work for me.

Ended up going with the Project X iM10 6.0 60g shaft.  Gained 5 yards of Carry Distance and 10 yards of total distance over the Ping G410 LST.

So how has the Cobra LTDx LS performed on the course for me?

After 8 rounds I can conclusively say that the Cobra LTDx LS is definitely longer than the PING G410 LST.  My best shots are longer and my misses are longer too, tracking distance with Arccos.

What has been surprising is how accurate it has been. It is more accurate for me than the Ping and that is saying something because the Ping was very good.

Besides the performance I also just love how the Cobra driver looks, feels and sounds.  

My regular playing partners have also noticed and commented on how well the new driver is performing.  One of them is heading to Edwin Watts today to demo a new Cobra driver.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, Red4282 said:

My ltdx LS came in at 193g stock.

Does that include the adapter and screw? Just my opinion but they are part of the headweight. 

COBRA LTDX LS 9* MATRIX MARU RED 70 TX 
COBRA FLY Z + 14.5* EVENFLOW BLACK 75 X                                                                             WILSON M5 TOUR 17* ALDILA ROGUE STIFF.                                           TITLEIST U510 3 ALDILA PHENOM 100 stiff.                                    

OICHI CUSTOM GROUND BLANKS 5-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                    CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 54* MMT 125 Stiff.                                        CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 58* MMT 125 Stiff.                                         NATIONAL CUSTOM NICOLL BLADE SNELL MTB-X

On 5/1/2022 at 8:27 PM, Buzzzy said:

I mean I AM your average WRX 125+ Swing speed +9 handicap… so: 

I’ve got a Kai’li White 110TXXX super-mega stiff tipped -4”. 48” length with Tour Velvet +4 Jumbo size with +12 extra wraps of tape for my Goliath meat hooks. All in my LTDxLS 6* proto head turned down to 4.5* 😉😉 I hit BOMBS!!!!Golf Swinging GIF

Just want to make sure... all Tour issue right? Plus side Is you can resell this build for about $1700 on here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toastinato said:

Just want to make sure... all Tour issue right? Plus side Is you can resell this build for about $1700 on here. 

Oh yeah, it’s tour issue don’t worry. It’s name is actually LtdxLSLSLSLS quadruple diamond tour dot super neutral face angler. 

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, Buzzzy said:

I mean I AM your average WRX 125+ Swing speed +9 handicap… so: 

I’ve got a Kai’li White 110TXXX super-mega stiff tipped -4”. 48” length with Tour Velvet +4 Jumbo size with +12 extra wraps of tape for my Goliath meat hooks. All in my LTDxLS 6* proto head turned down to 4.5* 😉😉 I hit BOMBS!!!!Golf Swinging GIF

You forgot to mention how you added hotmelt to get that swingweight up to G-6 so you can really feel that shaft loading

• Haha 1

I have the LS and it is at 45” ventus black 6x. Got the lead tape on it to 200gr 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS  9* fuji ventus black 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Ventus Black 8x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Mizuno MP20 - 4-Pw  / Dg120 x100 
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Oddessey 7CS Tour / white ice #1 

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2022 at 3:46 PM, hackalot said:

Thanks for input. Surprised no one has said anything about stock smoke im10 shaft. Seems like driver has been successful 

I am doing some testing with this shaft and I just can’t get my timing with it.  It’s a stiff but feels like a noodle.  Im used to a ventus blue which is in my g425.  I have another ventus blue but it has a Titleist tip I need to change out.  Only problem is I don’t have the extra cobra adapter yet and by the time it arrives I will have to send the driver back.  Bummer for me!

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

DRIVER - PXG 0311 GEN 5 @ 10.5 

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G425 14.5* / 17.5* / 20.5*

HYBRIDS - PXG 0317 X GEN2 19*/22*

IRONS - TITLEIST T100-S [5i-GW]

WEDGES - TITLEIST 54.10S / 58.10S

PUTTER - Deadbolt Reverse Armlock

PXG 0317 X

7CAC7C6D-DA0C-4CAB-9A52-CF7D6268BF05.jpeg

A80C677D-DE8E-47D9-8B7D-1A9BEFECC377.jpeg

• Like 3

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

On 5/12/2022 at 8:25 PM, Red4282 said:

You had a stealth before, did the LS kick it out?

Yep. Way more forgiving. Like the head shape better. Sits more neutral 

Cobra LTDx LS  9* fuji ventus black 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Ventus Black 8x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Mizuno MP20 - 4-Pw  / Dg120 x100 
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Oddessey 7CS Tour / white ice #1 

On 5/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I am doing some testing with this shaft and I just can’t get my timing with it.  It’s a stiff but feels like a noodle.  Im used to a ventus blue which is in my g425.  I have another ventus blue but it has a Titleist tip I need to change out.  Only problem is I don’t have the extra cobra adapter yet and by the time it arrives I will have to send the driver back.  Bummer for me!

Was able to find another adapter so I could test on a extra ventus blue 6s I had.  Im testing with the max and coming from g425 sft.  At first with stock settings it was going left so dropped the loft down 1* from 10.5 and it was a little better.  Dropped down to 8* and it was euphoria for me.  Getting about 5-10 yards more with the LTDx over my G425 via trackman numbers.  The ventus blue velocore 6s (non TR) with the LTDx has been really good and looking forward to some on course testing before I take the plunge with the purchase.  

PXG 0317 X

Playing LA Golf Trono 65X in mine, originally was using a Ventus Blue 6X.

Surprised at how much I enjoy the Trono given the rest of my shafts are all mid-soft but I can't lose this thing left which is amazing.

Driver:      Cobra LTDx 9.0* Graphite Design AD XC 7TX

3w:            Cobra RadSpeed 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w           Cobra F9 18.5* / Proforce VTS Black 8X
Irons:        Cobra Tour MIM 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter(s):  SIK Pro-C Armlock / LA Golf TPZ 180

On 5/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, hackalot said:

Has anyone tested the stock Hazardous Blue shaft? Might have to order without testing so looking for feedback. Thx

I went for a fitting and tried the 9 deg LS head with an RDX Blue 6.5 70 gram and got very solid numbers. I usually sit 111-114 club head speed and was seeing 167-170 mph ball speed, low 2000s spin and carry in the 280-286 yard range. Have it in the bag now and am very happy with the set up. Glad I was able to find a non up charge shaft that worked well for me. The head seems to perform really well for me on slightly low on the face strikes. Its just starting to warm up here in the northeast but from what I've seen so far on the course it is plenty long enough

19 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Was able to find another adapter so I could test on a extra ventus blue 6s I had.  Im testing with the max and coming from g425 sft.  At first with stock settings it was going left so dropped the loft down 1* from 10.5 and it was a little better.  Dropped down to 8* and it was euphoria for me.  Getting about 5-10 yards more with the LTDx over my G425 via trackman numbers.  The ventus blue velocore 6s (non TR) with the LTDx has been really good and looking forward to some on course testing before I take the plunge with the purchase.  

Was there a head weight difference? I'm about to do a similar test. I have an adapter but I don't know if it fits yet. It looks like it should tho, anyone know if they changed adapter recently?

On 5/14/2022 at 7:53 PM, hackalot said:

Has anyone tested the stock Hazardous Blue shaft? Might have to order without testing so looking for feedback. Thx

If you like the x100 I think the Rogue Silver or Tensei White are better options

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Poolparty said:

Was there a head weight difference? I'm about to do a similar test. I have an adapter but I don't know if it fits yet. It looks like it should tho, anyone know if they changed adapter recently?

If you like the x100 I think the Rogue Silver or Tensei White are better options

So, with my g425 SFT i made a few changes to it from stock.  I changed the 26g weight to 17g and then had 7-8g of hotmelt added in a neutral spot to bring the head weight back up and has been solid for me.  I did measure the heads and there was a 4g difference.  The g425 with the mods was 199g and the ltdx max stock weighed in at 195g. Hope this helps.  

How old is the adapter? This is my first dealings with cobra equipment so not sure 100% on this but I believe they haven’t changed it in a while —- last 3-4 years.

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

PXG 0317 X

22 hours ago, Poolparty said:

anyone know if they changed adapter recently?

Since the BioCell, theyve been using the same adapter.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, NV75 X or HZRDUS 75 6.5, 43.5" 

3w: King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Mizuno MP-20 HMB, Steelfiber i95 S, 39.5"

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34"
Balls: Chrome Soft custom TruVis, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, OnCore Elixr

Grips are various GripMaster leather options