The Best Premium Fitting None of You Are Talking About

I had not heard of them.  But sounds very impressive.  And given their location, I suspect they have probably worked with several of the sea island resident tour pros.   

congrats on the Results.  And a big Oh by the way.  The T300 are phenomenal. Best GI iron I have ever hit and great looking. 

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2 10*  HZRDUS CB Red 6.0 

Titleist TSR 16.5* HZRDUS Red 5.5 

Titleist TSi1 20* Aldila Ascent 
Titlesit T200 5-GW SteelFiber I 80 cw
Vokey
SM 54/58 

Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I had not heard of them.  But sounds very impressive.  And given their location, I suspect they have probably worked with several of the sea island resident tour pros.   

congrats on the Results.  And a big Oh by the way.  The T300 are phenomenal. Best GI iron I have ever hit and great looking. 

I haven’t hit OEM irons since I bought Callaway Big Berthas in 1996!  That’s how cheap I am.

But, I was glad the Titleist came out on top.  I’ve been a Steve Stricker fan forever.  Finally get to put the brand in my bag!

• Like 1

Interesting stuff. Did their iron shaft database talk anything about soft-stepping or hard-stepping particular shafts as part of their recommended algorithm? I know that's pretty granular. 

Mavrik 10.5 Project X Riptide 6.5 Small Batch

Sim 17 Ventus Red 7X

Sim Hybrid 21 Ventus Blue 9X

3-5 P770  KBS C-taper 120

6-PW Blueprint KBS C-taper 125 ssx1

52,56,60 MG3 TW DG S400

GCQuad/SwingCatalyst/FLIR Blackfly/Fiberbuilt/Carl's Place DIY

2 hours ago, Precis1on said:

Interesting stuff. Did their iron shaft database talk anything about soft-stepping or hard-stepping particular shafts as part of their recommended algorithm? I know that's pretty granular. 

It didn’t.  But it goes back to the shaft measurements.  The measurements taken are from the shafts they use for fitting.  I think to fit their model, they would have to buy three shafts, hard step one, soft step the second, and trim the third to spec.

The SwingFit fitting showed exposed a few misperceptions I had about equipment applicable to my game.

1. Low swing speeds need lighter shafts.  
(The better recommendations were on the heavier side.  Two words:  Hulk shaft.)

2. Counter-balance shafts are better for smooth transitions. (Recommended shafts tended to be lower balance points.)

3. Low swing speed needs softer flex.  My runner-up iron shaft was ProModus 105x and driver shaft was a new issue from Fuji in X flex. (I think it was TR for Tour Response.)

I had a cool moment in the baseline session.  I glanced up at my GEARS avatar after swinging a driver that I recall feeling heavier.  My GEARS avatar had really good impact position from face-on.  I literally asked Cory “is that me?”  Then, I said “That looks really good.”  Don’t recall his response.  Thought I’d share…

• 1 month later...

I just listened to a Golf 360 podcast with the guys from Swingfit. Have you got your clubs in yet? Wondering the results

TM Sim Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Ping G410 plus 3 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/940075-davids-bag-and-golf-room/"]WITB Link[/url]

1 hour ago, sethdavidsdad said:

I just listened to a Golf 360 podcast with the guys from Swingfit. Have you got your clubs in yet? Wondering the results

Truthfully, I'm considering canceling.

I have not received a status update on my order since the last post in this thread from early April. 

I'm reading some GolfWRXrs purchased Titleist irons in Q4 2021 are just getting their clubs now.  That does not make me confident...

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable.

I paid full retail for an iron set and full retail to reshaft that set.  Is it too much to ask for a couple of e-mails or calls over the span of a month to keep me updated?

(I know, boo hoo, first world problems, etc.)

37 minutes ago, games said:

Truthfully, I'm considering canceling.

I have not received a status update on my order since the last post in this thread from early April. 

I'm reading some GolfWRXrs purchased Titleist irons in Q4 2021 are just getting their clubs now.  That does not make me confident...

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable.

I paid full retail for an iron set and full retail to reshaft that set.  Is it too much to ask for a couple of e-mails or calls over the span of a month to keep me updated?

(I know, boo hoo, first world problems, etc.)

OH wow! You had to prepay for clubs? That really sucks. 

I did a fitting with a local guy and I thought mine were bad it's been almost three weeks but fitter said ping wouldn't charge until shipped. 

• Like 1

Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/940075-davids-bag-and-golf-room/"]WITB Link[/url]

I listened to the podcast and basically detailed the stuff you mentioned in the original post. Sounded really good. Guess will have to wait until you get the clubs to find out. That wait time seems really excessive

Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60

14 hours ago, sethdavidsdad said:

I listened to the podcast and basically detailed the stuff you mentioned in the original post. Sounded really good. Guess will have to wait until you get the clubs to find out. That wait time seems really excessive

It's truly different from Club Champion, and the outdoor aspect alone sets it apart.    Through this fitting, I realized why CC recommends Oban shafts for so many golfers!

My main miss is thin.  Indoors, we had settled in on 4-5 different shafts and two different heads.  When we went outdoors, I was hitting shots like I do on the course, either flush or thin.  We settled in on the T300 head, and from there it was a matter of picking shafts.  With every shaft except one, my thin miss was 10-15 yards short of a flush shot.  With the Oban shaft, my thin miss was only 5-10 yards short.  

I have to believe, with the indoor only aspect of CC fittings, most golfers are more shallow than they normally are.  So, it's not shocking to me that this shaft gets recommended a lot in that setting...

1 hour ago, games said:

It's truly different from Club Champion, and the outdoor aspect alone sets it apart.    Through this fitting, I realized why CC recommends Oban shafts for so many golfers!

My main miss is thin.  Indoors, we had settled in on 4-5 different shafts and two different heads.  When we went outdoors, I was hitting shots like I do on the course, either flush or thin.  We settled in on the T300 head, and from there it was a matter of picking shafts.  With every shaft except one, my thin miss was 10-15 yards short of a flush shot.  With the Oban shaft, my thin miss was only 5-10 yards short.  

I have to believe, with the indoor only aspect of CC fittings, most golfers are more shallow than they normally are.  So, it's not shocking to me that this shaft gets recommended a lot in that setting...

Plus think CC has incentives for fitters based on certain brands.

Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60

Wish I could find some real reviews on these fittings with people who have played the clubs. I realize no fitting is perfect but won't go back to CC and this place looked like a interesting option although pretty far from me. 

Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60

On 5/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, games said:

UPS notification says clubs delivering today!  Hopefully get to the range or a simulator tonight or tomorrow.

How were the clubs? Which clubs did you get?

• Like 1

Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60

8 hours ago, sethdavidsdad said:

How were the clubs? Which clubs did you get?

Sim last night and played today.  And…

Shot 85 from the tips!  My second best 18 hole score ever.  

Bought the T300 irons, 5-P.  Also bought 48* wedge separate.  Also, they fit me into a Stealth+ with an Accra shaft with a $250 upcharge that I didn’t buy.  But I did purchase the Stealth+ locally and found a similar Accra shaft off the bay for $100.

Bottom line:  It was boring golf.  No trouble off the tee.  Hit half the greens in reg, but third shot was never more than 20 yards away from the green.  Putting a weakness but better.  

The irons I bought were great.  The driver improved as the round went on.  Just really pleased with the purchase and the fitting after the first round!

During my round, I was hitting driver really well.  The heavier shaft makes a difference.

But, one shot exemplified why the iron fitting and the irons were a good decision.  About 150 yards steep downhill, blind shot so I can't see the green.  I club down to an 8-iron and hit it thin.  On this hole, this is a problem because the downhill isn't cut, and there's only about 10 yards between the base of the hill and the green.  My usual 8-iron is a 140 club, but thin it's only going 125-130.  Something about these Oban shafts helps my thin shots, and after I hit the shot and got to the top of the hill, I saw my ball 2-3 yards short of the green.  Just like in my fitting, the Oban shaft helped my main miss.