Tour Edge W is for Warranty

I was hitting a few range balls in Sunny Florida of the turf the other day, and one flew oddly right, felt strange as well 🤔 I thought it was an outlier range ball, but it was the club. 

I went to roll another ball closer and the head fell off. The shaft had broken right inside the hosel 😔 

My favorite 5 wood (18* Tour Edge EXS Pro, butt cut to 41.5” with a Tensei Orange shaft) was no more. 😢 

I contacted the warranty department not thinking I would get anything, after all it’s the Mitsubishi shaft that broke, not the Tour Edge head, but Lo and behold, they said send it in. 🤔

Looks like I have another one coming to me soon, and here I was looking for some cheap Tensei Orange shafts online, turns out Tour Edge lifetime warranty is covering the shaft 😮 

I did not expect this 😊 

Not only do they make the best fairway woods in the business IMHO, but they have the best warranty in the business as well, plus made in 🇺🇸 

Just thought I’d share. 

I personally don’t find any fairway woods that are as good as the Tour Edge stuff over the past few years apart from maybe Cobra Tour model stuff? I’m far from a Cobra fan boy, Ive had 1 Cobra club for a month, but it didn’t work out (I was trying to fill a 4i spot at the time) 

If you are looking for a new fairway wood, go hit a Tour Edge against the big name OEM’s, I bet they will change your mind. 

30AB5640-38BF-4432-A13D-F74F805A60FC.jpeg

06EF400A-F9C4-49B7-BEA2-A56C23CC1A9D.jpeg

• Like 1

About three years ago, I was hitting my Tour Edge XRail 7W on the practice range. I hit a solid shot, and felt a wobbly skitter at impact, followed by a whirring sound. The shaft had snapped 6 inches above the hosel, and the head flew forward about 10 yards. (No one was hurt, fortunately).

Tour Edge had me print out a shipping label and send the club back to Batavia IL. About 10 days later, the box returned the 7W with a new Graphite Design G60 R-flex 60-gram installed. This was the original stock shaft. It even had a replacement midsize grip.

My only cost was $10 UPS for the outbound shipping fee.

Ever since 2003, I have played Tour Edge or Callaway fairway woods. Had a brief 2011 encounter with the original TaylorMade RBZ fairways, but the shafts were just too light.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

I had my 2 year old sitting in a chair behind me watching Wild Kratts on a tablet, which she gets about twice a week on average for around 45 mins, or how ever fast I blow through 35 balls, so I was definitely fortunate in that aspect. 

I can’t believe more people aren’t putting the Tour Edge fairway woods in the bag, especially low digit guys. 

I only picked one up because people raved about them on WRX so I figured I’d demo one. I thought they were an older guys club like a XXIO brand, until I started reading some reviews. 

I rarely see a Tour Edge club in a bag unless they guy is 65+yrs old. Perhaps it’s because I have only hit some of their stuff geared towards lower digit guys, the CB Pro f2, CBX119, EXS pro, so maybe it’s because I haven’t hit the EXS 220 or the Hot Launch stuff 🤷‍♂️

I haven’t found a better fairway wood for shaping and flighting the ball then the Tour Edge EXS Pro, I feel like J.T. out there, but my game better resembles another J.T…………..Justin Timberlake 😂 

• Like 1

Tour Edge is a great company who is so underrated its crazy. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

8 hours ago, joj said:

The C721 Driver is firmly in the bag. Maybe I should try their fairway wood…

I upgraded my Tour Edge fairways to the C721 fairways. I've been playing TE fairways since 2010. I found the C721 to be the best fairways from TE that I have played.

I've tried a few of their drivers over the years but always went the Cobra way with my drivers until I tried the C721 driver. It's been the best driver I have played in recent years for me and is staying in the bag again this yr. I'm not even going to give anything new a try this yr. I like the C721 that much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greenie said:

I've tried a few of their drivers over the years but always went the Cobra way with my drivers until I tried the C721 driver

I’ve never hit their drivers before. 

I bought a Ping G30 lst with a Ping Tour 65x shaft years ago when I was more of a higher spin guy, that had dispersion problems. I ended up cracking the face, so was offered a Ping G410 lst which I now have. 

After going through Howard’s DIY driver tune up, I’m Optimized and even had to loft up to gain spin, needless to say, I don’t think my next driver is going to be geared towards lower spin (not that pings are super low spin) I think my next one will have different requirements that go as follows. 

1. Sit open at address

2. High MOI

3. A deeper face over the huge footprint front to back

If Tour Edge makes a driver that fits my eye, I’ll definitely demo it. 

I carry an Adams DHY in my 3i spot, but if I were looking for a driving iron the Tour Edge EXS ti was 🔥 I liked it better than the Titleist 501/510 and the TM P790 I hit along side it. The Titleist 505 looks like a copy of the Tour Edge CBX ironwood IMHO. 

I’m firmly in the Fairway Wood camp now so I have no interest in an iron below 21* but if I were looking for a 2iron/utility club, I feel Tour Edge is underrated there as well. 

Have a buddy that has a newer tour edge driver with a red ventus (not velocore but some other writing/version I can’t remember) and he has broken 3 shafts in little over a year.  Yeah they replace every time and not necessarily the fault of Tour Edge, but to say that hasn’t skewed me a little away from them would be a lie.  So far they stand behind their stuff, but then again I’ve never had an issue with warranty with PXG or Taylormade either.

• 10 months later...

Love Tour Edge and been playing their stuff since 2006.  I got a EXS pro driver after 6 months ago and keep breaking the shafts.  Never had a problem like this with other clubs from them, think I've send back 1 or 2 before this.  I'm on shaft #5 and am curious about anyone having this problem.  I am adjusting the hosel to be 2 degrees less loft and 2 upright so maybe that is the issue?  Any thoughts would be cool since I love the club and dont want to replace it