Jump to content

Broken Ventus TR


Recommended Posts

Picked this up on the board here from a member and have never dealt with shaft companies with regards to warranty claims. I’m assuming since I’m not the original owner with no receipt Fujikura is going to tell me to go 💩 in my hand?  Smoked a drive and the shaft snapped in half after contact.  No I did not hit the ground. 7E698CDB-382C-457F-8FAB-B0C3A46E05C9.jpeg.ae3a0ab5430ca9c5975af019f969841b.jpegF038004D-EEBB-4DEE-9C68-EDF9EBB8F75D.jpeg.4ba81b18032a9b0b42a60ae77e337102.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go ahead and give Fuji a call or shoot them an email.  No need to tell them you're the second owner.  They will only replace the shaft if it's broken/snapped in certain/specific areas if I remember correctly. 

  • Like 1

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* w/Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16*  w/Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Redbird said:

Picked this up on the board here from a member and have never dealt with shaft companies with regards to warranty claims. I’m assuming since I’m not the original owner with no receipt Fujikura is going to tell me to go 💩 in my hand?  Smoked a drive and the shaft snapped in half after contact.  No I did not hit the ground. 7E698CDB-382C-457F-8FAB-B0C3A46E05C9.jpeg.ae3a0ab5430ca9c5975af019f969841b.jpegF038004D-EEBB-4DEE-9C68-EDF9EBB8F75D.jpeg.4ba81b18032a9b0b42a60ae77e337102.jpeg


Fuji can probably determine if there’s a manufacturing fault as opposed to a car door breakage. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This isn’t a good sign, 2 shafts broke in a similar spot, and Fujikara takes no responsibility for defective part?  Suddenly I don’t have such a warm fuzzy about my purchase.  Mine was produce in March hopefully these 2 were early in production and they’ve work out the issue.image.jpeg.4de992dbdc34fb705aa6de6c3f865a56.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ping G425 LST 10.5 1K Orange 60x
Titleist TSi2 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping G410 4h Evenflow 6.0
Ping i59 5-PW LS 6.0
Ping Pro Forged 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Snell MTB X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mileslong said:

This isn’t a good sign, 2 shafts broke in a similar spot, and Fujikara takes no responsibility for defective part?  Suddenly I don’t have such a warm fuzzy about my purchase.  Mine was produce in March hopefully these 2 were early in production and they’ve work out the issue.image.jpeg.4de992dbdc34fb705aa6de6c3f865a56.jpeg

 

That's not good.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sucks. I get that there are people who try their luck after snapping their clubs in doors or smashing their club on the ground, but there must be innocent people being knocked back too.

 

It's their business and they don't need my advice (and of course they're going gangbusters like all the OEMs and Ventus is flavour of the month), but all I'll say is I really really appreciate Weber's customer service (at least in Australia) and it stands out like a shining beacon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you can search their warranty terms.

 

I just had an Aldila snap on me at the range the other night right down at the tip (<2 months new). As I saw in their terms they mention that they looks at other situations on case by case basis. Perhaps Fujikura have a similar overview ?

You can always try to give them a call to explain, or shoot them a mail and see.

Callaway Rogue ST Triple D 7* - Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7-x

Cobra F9 Tour FW 3 / 4 / 5 - Aldila Tour Green ATX 75 X 

Cobra RF Rev 33 4-Pw - KBS C-Taper 120 S

Cobra MiM Black Wedges - 52C 12*, 56WL 7*, 60WL 4* - KBS C-Taper 130 X  

Toulon SSM Proto 35"

Tour B X ball

Callaway Craw's Nestie 2018 Open Staff Bag.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mileslong said:

This isn’t a good sign, 2 shafts broke in a similar spot, and Fujikara takes no responsibility for defective part?  Suddenly I don’t have such a warm fuzzy about my purchase.  Mine was produce in March hopefully these 2 were early in production and they’ve work out the issue.image.jpeg.4de992dbdc34fb705aa6de6c3f865a56.jpeg

This one was mine. Fuji did not replace it as it broke in a spot they believe is impossible to snap. They will replace up to 6” past the velocore and 6” below the handle. Unfortunately had to pay for my replacement but have had no issues with it since

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Redbird said:

They're not going to do anything for me anyway.  It snapped in a non-warranty part of the shaft apparently. 


In law of a modern society, no part of anything can be excluded from a legitimate claim. In the U.K. it would probably come under the Unfair Contract Terms Act but only for the original purchaser I suspect. 

Edited by Pastit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2022 at 12:22 AM, Redbird said:

Yeah, the US doesn't have the consumer protection laws the EU has.  Here in the US, the corporation is encouraged to bend you over.  


Dear me, the UCT Act was before the the EU I think, or at least prior to harmonisation of laws. English Law was weaker than German Law on consumer rights and the latter became the new model. We’re going backwards now. But surely things must work ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I had a similar experience.  I broke two Ventus Black 6Xs in a week. Neither shaft made it a full round of golf. First one broke on #11 the next one broke the following week on #14. Got no help from either Fujikura or the retailer I was told I had to go through to get it addressed. Both shafts broke closer to the handle. The retailer told me it was impossible to break it where I did under "Normal" usage and that I was out of luck.

Edited by Razortxn
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, MinnesotaVikes said:

Is it possible they are braking prematurely in the middle of the shaft from the vice used to install the tip/grip?

 

That was my thought initially but if you look at the pictures, that is way too low to clamp the shaft (at least for me) for a regrip or even for floing.

 

Hope @Fujikura Golf can do something, they make some brilliant shafts but not backing up their shaft is a MAJOR concern for me especially when you pour $280+ of my hard earned money into their shaft... 

  • Like 3

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max 9* Ventus Black 6S / Graphite Design HD-6X , Top Golf All-Fit Universal adapter

Fairways: Honma 737 13* 3+ wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Callaway DET 15* Miyazaki C Kua 43S 3 wood
Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW, TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* KBS TGI 100 shaft. Cleveland Full Face 56* with Catalyst 100 shaft.
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane swing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Razortxn said:

I had a similar experience.  I broke two Ventus Black 6Xs in a week. Neither shaft made it a full round of golf. First one broke on #11 the next one broke the following week on #14. Got no help from either Fujikura or the retailer I was told I had to go through to get it addressed. Both shafts broke closer to the handle. The retailer told me it was impossible to break it where I did under "Normal" usage and that I was out of luck.


So basically even if I was the original purchaser they would have denied me because apparently someone makes a product where failure is “impossible”. In your case breakage near the handle is “impossible”. 
 

Mine snapped right where “Fujukura” is stamped on the shaft. About 8-10in above the Velcore stamp. 
 

Is this a common warranty work around for all manufacturers?  I’ve never had a shaft snap, so I’m not that familiar with this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, Pastit said:


Dear me, the UCT Act was before the the EU I think, or at least prior to harmonisation of laws. English Law was weaker than German Law on consumer rights and the latter became the new model. We’re going backwards now. But surely things must work ?


I’m old enough to remember when Apple released a phone where the signal dropped to nothing simply by holding the phone the way you normally hold a phone and our consumer protection laws let Apple go with “You’re holding it wrong”. 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Redbird said:


So basically even if I was the original purchaser they would have denied me because apparently someone makes a product where failure is “impossible”. In your case breakage near the handle is “impossible”. 
 

Mine snapped right where “Fujukura” is stamped on the shaft. About 8-10in above the Velcore stamp. 
 

Is this a common warranty work around for all manufacturers?  I’ve never had a shaft snap, so I’m not that familiar with this. 

I have broken shafts/clubs before and have never been denied a warranty claim. Titleist, Callaway, Project X have always replaced items with no questions asked. This is a bad business practice to have the store play the middle man between the consumer and manufacturer when tried to get warranty work done. In my case, the retailer is the gate keeper and was being a jerk with no interest In helping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Razortxn said:

I have broken shafts/clubs before and have never been denied a warranty claim. Titleist, Callaway, Project X have always replaced items with no questions asked. This is a bad business practice to have the store play the middle man between the consumer and manufacturer when tried to get warranty work done. In my case, the retailer is the gate keeper and was being a jerk with no interest In helping.

Well that's what I'm trying to figure out.  I dropped $300 on a shaft and if this is specifically a Fujikura policy then I'm not dropping another $300-365 regardless of how much I liked the shaft during the two rounds I got to play it.  If they're using "authorized retailers" as the judge and jury then I'll go with another manufacturer.  

Edited by Redbird
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first pick is similar to the breaks I've seen with LD guys on their follow-through. The second one is lower than that. Bad on Fuji for not supporting their product, no matter where it breaks.

 

BT

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

 

Cobra Speedzone 9.5° HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.5 @ 46"
Cobra LTD Black 14.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
Cobra F6 16.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line Blk 33.5"
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised What Did You Do GIF

 

never good seeing a new high end shaft in piece and a company not standing behind it. But then again some people take advantage of it like in hockey with sticks that have the 30 days warranty always "snap" at day 28 or 29. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lefty

Driver: 8° Cobra LTDxLS | Mitsubishi C6 Onyx 60X

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST | Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i-PW Srixon 785 | AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 52° MD3 | 56° Glide 2.0 Stealth | 60° Glide 

Putter(s): TP Mills Trad II | Cody James Patriot | Lajosi Sensor | KB-9306 | and more. 

WITB Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well the boys at Fujikura are full of shot.  I saw this one with my own eyes. Normal tee shot on the 15th hole.  I have one of these too, it’s only a matter of time before it breaks. When are they going to step up and take responsibility for quality control.  Funny they’re all breaking in the same spot, a spot they say there’s no way one would break.  Two things really fire me up about this. 1. Our fine Fujikura rep, who’s on here often won’t touch this thread.  2. Someone is going to get hurt.  The club head and piece of shaft went flying up to the white tee box when it broke.  2 of my playing partners play whites.  Neither were close to this one, but its one only a matter of time….

24BA2A30-F959-4272-A0FB-2578ADD98EB2.jpeg

Edited by mileslong
  • Like 2

Ping G425 LST 10.5 1K Orange 60x
Titleist TSi2 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping G410 4h Evenflow 6.0
Ping i59 5-PW LS 6.0
Ping Pro Forged 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Snell MTB X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like an immediate replacement or refund.  After seeing it happen today I no longer feel comfortable putting the shaft in play.  

  • Haha 2

Ping G425 LST 10.5 1K Orange 60x
Titleist TSi2 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping G410 4h Evenflow 6.0
Ping i59 5-PW LS 6.0
Ping Pro Forged 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Snell MTB X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Hi all - sorry to see the breakages on TR. We're monitoring this thread and will be having some internal discussions ASAP.

 

I'm a self-proclaimed Fujikura-Ho, played Fuji almost exclusively since switching from steel. I put a TR straight into the bag a few weeks ago and am anxiously awaiting the outcome of these internal discussions.

 

On a semi-related note... In all my years of playing Fujikura shafts, I've broken 2. One at the hosel (Pro XLR8), the other under the grip (ATMOS). Both were immediately replaced by my dealer.

MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x / MySIM2 9 ZF 60x | 721 Pro 16.5, Atmos RWB 7x
P770 2-iron | Miura 1957 4-9 / P730 4-9, $-Taper 125
MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mileslong said:

Well the boys at Fujikura are full of shot.  I saw this one with my own eyes. Normal tee shot on the 15th hole.  I have one of these too, it’s only a matter of time before it breaks. When are they going to step up and take responsibility for quality control.  Funny they’re all breaking in the same spot, a spot they say there’s no way one would break.  Two things really fire me up about this. 1. Our fine Fujikura rep, who’s on here often won’t touch this thread.  2. Someone is going to get hurt.  The club head and piece of shaft went flying up to the white tee box when it broke.  2 of my playing partners play whites.  Neither were close to this one, but its one only a matter of time….

24BA2A30-F959-4272-A0FB-2578ADD98EB2.jpeg

Yikes, obviously I don’t know how the shaft is constructed but it makes you wonder if that section of the shaft has a structural integrity issue?  Is it a manufacturing QC issue?  Does it have anything to do with supply chain issues/materials/new supplier etc?  
 

I don’t recall the previous Ventus breaking like this. I had one in the bag since it came out with no issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • 2022 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 BMW Championship – Monday Pt. 1
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Scott Stallings WITB – 2022 BMW Championship
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
       
      Taylor Moore's new Ping Glide Forged Pro Raw wedges – 2022 BMW Championship
      Justin Thomas new Scotty Cameron T5 Proto "JT" custom mallet putter – 2022 BMW Championship
      Ping's new Glide Forged Pro Raw tour wedges – 2022 BMW Championship
       
       
      • 3 replies
    • 2022 Albertsons Boise Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
       
      2022 Albertsons Boise Open - Monday #1
      2022 Albertsons Boise Open - Monday #2
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
       
      Ryan McCormick - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Jacob Bergeron - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Anthony Quayle - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Ben Martin - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Matti Schmid - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Thomas Detry - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Nick Lindheim - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Min Woo Lee - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Rob Oppenheim - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Dean Burmester - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
      Brandon Crick - WITB - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
       
      Cameron putter covers - 2022 Albertsons Boise Open
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 14 replies
    • 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
       
      2022 FedEx St Jude Championship - Tuesday #1
      2022 FedEx St Jude Championship - Tuesday #2
      2022 FedEx St Jude Championship - Tuesday #3
      2022 FedEx St Jude Championship - Tuesday #4
      2022 FedEx St Jude Championship - Wednesday #1
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
       Marc Leishman - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Jhonattan Vegas - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Scottie Scheffler - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Jon Rahm - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Cameron Young - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Rory McIlroy - mini WITB - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
       
      New Ping putters - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Aaron Wise's new Cameron putter - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Cameron Masterful+ & Timeless+ - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      Cameron T-12 prototype - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
      New Softspike Tour Flex Pro spike - 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 5 replies
    • 2022 Wyndham Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comment here
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 Wyndham Championship - Monday #1
      2022 Wyndham Championship - Monday #2
      2022 Wyndham Championship - Monday #3
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
       
      Mac McGirt (Will's son) - WITB - 2022 Wyndham Championship
       
       
       
       
      Pullout albums
       
       
      Cameron putters - 2022 Wyndham Championship
      Odyssey/Toulon putters - 2022 Wyndham Championship
      New Cameron Custom Shop putter covers - 2022 Wyndham Championship
      Axis 1 - 2022 Wyndham Championship
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 5 replies
    • 2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB & Photos- Links and discussion here
      Please put and questions or comments here 
       
       
      General Albums
       
       
      2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #1
      2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #2
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
       
      Ben Cook - WITB - Michigan PGA Section Champ - 2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
       
      Cameron putters - 2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic
       
       
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 9 replies

×
×
  • Create New...