2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Broken Ventus TR

Redbird

Add me to the list boys. This was on a normal swing first driver of the day. Good news is that I have a Ventus Blue 6X  that I can throw in my driver. I called Callaway and they took care of it for me. Should have a new shaft in about a week. 

Fujikura TR-6X.jpg

Edited by rnolan79
  • Like 2

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

1 hour ago, rnolan79 said:

Add me to the list boys. This was on a normal swing first driver of the day. Good news is that I have a Ventus Blue 6X  that I can throw in my driver. I called Callaway and they took care of it for me. Should have a new shaft in about a week. 

Fujikura TR-6X.jpg

Glad Callaway is proactive on it. After an initial contact a couple weeks ago with the Fuji rep on here. It looks like the ball has been dropped and no response since.

• Like 1

No way that broke from normal use, impossible.  Still no word from the fine folks from Fuji.  They were suppose to “meet ASAP”. I reached out to them weeks ago with ZERO response, amazing customer service.

Edited by mileslong
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 60 X
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping Glide 4.0 50S 54S MMT 125 TX

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

On 6/9/2022 at 10:45 AM, buckeyefl said:

Not really an acceptable response given that it's pretty obvious this is an issue and a known issue at this point. 

You don't get to charge premium prices and then deliver substandard customer service without being punished financially.

Clearly you've never dealt with Foresight Sports...

• Like 2

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Epon AF 302, TI X100

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

4 hours ago, rnolan79 said:

Fujikura TR-6X.jpg

Glad Callaway took care of you! It's a great shaft when it is in one piece.

• Like 1

So many breaking near the middle, unreal. I was toying with trying one out in my G425 as i have the Blue and it's been very impressive. I think i'll wait a bit. Blue 7s has been performing well for over a year now and what a great shaft it is. 

• Like 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

6 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

So many breaking near the middle, unreal. I was toying with trying one out in my G425 as i have the Blue and it's been very impressive. I think i'll wait a bit. Blue 7s has been performing well for over a year now and what a great shaft it is. 

Yeah I'm a fuji guy but this is NOT normal for a 350 Dollar Super Premium shaft.....It's like they had a bad run of Materials or Some one is getting real sloppy on the build line.   They need to step up to the plate here to get these golfs new shafts on them.....

Edited by ignitewvu
  • Like 2

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

1 hour ago, ignitewvu said:

Yeah I'm a fuji guy but this is NOT normal for a 350 Dollar Super Premium shaft.....It like they had a bad run of Materials or Some is getting real sloppy on the build line.   They need to step up to the plate here to get these golfs new shafts on them.....

...but but but...they dont do that!

I know theres lots of excuses for Fuji by end users and by Fuji themselves as to why they "cant" take individual warranties, but an epidemic of broken shafts like this desperately needs a special program or effort within Fuji's USA office to be setup - like weeks ago - to handle the issues directly.

Tbh I'm scared to own a Fuji shaft secondhand now, especially high dollar Ventus models. I'm sticking to GD and Mitsu until something changes.

• Like 4

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

10 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I know theres lots of excuses for Fuji by end users and by Fuji themselves as to why they "cant" take individual warranties, but an epidemic of broken shafts like this desperately needs a special program or effort within Fuji's USA office to be setup - like weeks ago - to handle the issues directly.

Tbh I'm scared to own a Fuji shaft secondhand now, especially high dollar Ventus models. I'm sticking to GD and Mitsu until something changes.

Losing $180 - 250 on a broken Fuji is still a better investment than losing all you money in the market right now.  At least you have a story and something to complain about.  Actually, I take that back - I've gotten a lot of mileage complaining about the shady a** Fed for quite a while - so maybe you only get a more interesting story.  Still a lot less expensive...

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Epon AF 302, TI X100

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

13 hours ago, ignitewvu said:

Yeah I'm a fuji guy but this is NOT normal for a 350 Dollar Super Premium shaft.....It's like they had a bad run of Materials or Some one is getting real sloppy on the build line.   They need to step up to the plate here to get these golfs new shafts on them.....

Yeah I've used Fuji on and off for decades and never had a problem. The Blue Velocore has been the best shaft I've ever used i think. I've got to bail on the TR until this mess, and at this point given the increasing numbers of failures it is indeed a mess, is sorted. 

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

On 6/17/2022 at 9:42 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

Same here. Loved Fujikura since the ATMOS (zero issues with those and I had 4 of them).

Right now, I have the Ventus Blue and Blacks but those are covered since I bought them from JD but probably out of warranty now due to age.

But definitely I would NOT buy any preowned Ventus TRs, not worth the risk. Also, knowing what I know now from this thread that Fujikura does not cover middle of the shaft breakages, I would not even buy new.

Sorry, that is sad to say from a big Fujikura fan.

They can do better. Please. 🙏

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Do better?  I’d like to see them admit they have a design or quality control issue and make it right for all of us who paid big money for this shaft. I for one put the shaft in the closet.  After seeing one fail, I’m not comfortable putting it in play. Best case scenario I damage my club head, worst case scenario I damage one of my playing partners.  Neither are acceptable for me personally. There is a bright side for me. I went to a 1K orange.  For me a much better option that I can play with confidence. Will the fine folks at Fuji ever man up and take responsibility???

• Thanks 1

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

The TR was at the top of my list to try in a driver fitting I was going to get set up. Looks like I’ll have to pass on it, which is unfortunate.

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

I'll admit it, I don't think I will shaft any shaft with my SS. Long gone are the days of Magila Gorila, so warranty wasn't even an after thought when I buy shafts...until now.

So I am curious, does any other OEM ala True Temper, Mitsubishi have a policy of not replacing a shaft if it breaks in certain areas of the shaft?

How long are the warranties on other OEM shafts incomparison?

Even if you buy from an authorized dealer for a Fuji shaft, do they send out paperwork or something to show "hey we don't cover breakage here and here"? I did not see anything like that when I got 2 Fuji's Ventus and ATMOS from JDs at full pop... and it's not until this thread I learn they don't cover snaps in the middle - that doesn't sound fair or worst, dodgy.

Edited by SwingBlues

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

15 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I'll admit it, I don't think I will shaft any shaft with my SS. Long gone are the days of Magila Gorila, so warranty wasn't even an after thought when I buy shafts...until now.

So I am curious, does any other OEM ala True Temper, Mitsubishi have a policy of not replacing a shaft if it breaks in certain areas of the shaft?

How long are the warranties on other OEM shafts incomparison?

Even if you buy from an authorized dealer for a Fuji shaft, do they send out paperwork or something to show "hey we don't cover breakage here and here"? I did not see anything like that when I got 2 Fuji's Ventus and ATMOS from JDs at full pop... and it's not until this thread I learn they don't cover snaps in the middle - that doesn't sound fair or worst, dodgy.

There isn't some special paperwork on what's covered vs. what's not, there is just a specific policy on inches from handle and inches from tip that designate what is a covered break. Also, good legit authorized dealers will make sure you are taken care of. 

Having a widespread QC issue (if this is indeed the case) isn't a great look, but IMO the response is far more important.

Here's an excerpt from the Wikipedia article on the notorious Xbox 360 "red ring of death" failures:

Years after leaving Microsoft, Moore recalled preparing to tell then CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer, of his planned response to the incident, "we've got to tell Steve, here's what we have to do: we need to FedEx an empty box to a customer who had a problem - they would call us up - with a FedEx return label to send your box, and then we would FedEx it back to them and fix it. ... I always remember $240m of that was FedEx. ... It was sickening. I was doing a lot of interviews. ... We couldn't figure it out. ... There was a theory. We had changed our solder, which is the way you put the GPU and the fans, to lead-free. ... We think it was somehow the heat coming off the GPU was drying out some of the solder, and it wasn't the normal stuff we'd used, because we had to meet European Standards and take the lead out. ... He said, 'what's it going to cost?' I remember taking a deep breath, looking at Robbie, and saying, 'we think it's $1.15bn, Steve.' He said, 'do it.' There was no hesitation. ... If we hadn't made that decision there and then, and tried to fudge over this problem, then the Xbox brand and Xbox One wouldn't exist today."[24]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even in Canada....hit my Stealth Plus driver head out to the center fielder yesterday. My Ventus Blue snapped pretty much clean at the adapter. I can't go back to an AD so don't know what to do at this point (not purchased from TM whose warranty process is incredible and customer-focused by the way having used it once). I did call Fuji and was told they aren't able to help me/consumers directly with any warranty claims (this before me finding this thread and seeing the few posts from the Fuji rep suggesting he can be contacted directly). Was anyone on here successful going that route bypassing an AD and contacting Fuji through this chat? Please help...SOS....all suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Ventus.jpg

Edited by RobSquared

I've also just had tr 6s break on me at the range, driver head hit the roof of the bay too and has a couple of war wounds!! Probably had 4 rounds with a couple of range sessions. Been in touch with the guy who I got it off and he's talking to his supplier, I've also emailed fujikura. I'm in the UK and got this off eBay new uncut but I believe it came from the states originally. Anyone got any ideas on who else i could contact over there who might be able to help, or maybe Fuji themselves could give me some info on the process needed to get this back to them? Although reading some of these replies it doesn't seem they are being too helpful!! Thanks

IMG_20220625_190322969.jpg

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Qegurezi said:

Another in the middle and somewhere around the Fujikura screen. Bizarre. 

It so strange they are all snapping in the same place.....I wonder if they have a bad Mandrel & only the ones rolled with that particular piece are the ones failing.  This is CLEARLY NOT a "user error" thing this is a defect in some process of the shaft being made.....

• Like 2

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

This is getting bad. Reminds me of Ford- Firestone Tire controversy many years ago. Ha. Something is clearly wrong. Recall before someone gets hurt? 

Doesn't seem handled too well at this point. The golf economy is booming, companies are minting money these days and good customer service should be expected. Oh well it will def impact my decision to buy a Ventus. 

Edited by nikeblades00
  • Like 1

Got a reply from Fujikura yesterday, telling me if I've rolled the dice and got it from an unauthorized source then there is nothing they will do. I told them this was poor customer service, to which their reply was basically that I should be grateful they answered a query on a Saturday 😳. I'm  hopeful that the original source was an authorized dealer and I might be able to get it sorted but its a long shot as it seems it's gone through a few hands to get to me. There is clearly a manufacturing defect here and they should be making it right.

At this point would purchase anything with a fuji shaft?

OEM is a big no.  Any oem with a fuji shaft is off limits.  Who in their right mind would purchase a club that will break and be denied warantee coverage?

Not me.  Fuji screwed up big time

• Thanks 1

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

On 6/24/2022 at 9:03 AM, RobSquared said:

Even in Canada....hit my Stealth Plus driver head out to the center fielder yesterday. My Ventus Blue snapped pretty much clean at the adapter. I can't go back to an AD so don't know what to do at this point (not purchased from TM whose warranty process is incredible and customer-focused by the way having used it once). I did call Fuji and was told they aren't able to help me/consumers directly with any warranty claims (this before me finding this thread and seeing the few posts from the Fuji rep suggesting he can be contacted directly). Was anyone on here successful going that route bypassing an AD and contacting Fuji through this chat? Please help...SOS....all suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Ventus.jpg

I assume the Ventus Blue came new like the Stealth, from TM? If so, sounds like these issues are somewhat "recent" perhaps? I've had my Ventus Blue almost when it came out and fingers cross it's OK. I've just put it back into my gamer bag this week to boot as well.

But middle snaps, tip snaps, I am swearing off Fujikura for now. Perhaps I'll go back to the ATMOS, haven't heard those snap...

Sad.

2 hours ago, sparkyh said:

Got a reply from Fujikura yesterday, telling me if I've rolled the dice and got it from an unauthorized source then there is nothing they will do. I told them this was poor customer service, to which their reply was basically that I should be grateful they answered a query on a Saturday 😳. I'm  hopeful that the original source was an authorized dealer and I might be able to get it sorted but its a long shot as it seems it's gone through a few hands to get to me. There is clearly a manufacturing defect here and they should be making it right.

Holy crap, you serious?!? This was an actual response?

Edited by SwingBlues

5 hours ago, ignitewvu said:

It so strange they are all snapping in the same place.....I wonder if they have a bad Mandrel & only the ones rolled with that particular piece are the ones failing.  This is CLEARLY NOT a "user error" thing this is a defect in some process of the shaft being made.....

You could well be onto something as some bad batches are certainly getting out there. It would be interesting how widespread the production flaw is. We've never seen any break on tour as far as i know. They really need to track it down and contain it. 

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

My guess, they created a “weak spot” were the spread tow fabric ends.  Not really sure how far down the handle it goes.  Either way its a design flaw that the fine folks at Fuji do not want to take responsibility for.  By far the worst company in golf.  I have never seen a company that doesn’t want to make it right with their customers.  They’ll have to do something the first time one snaps on live TV from a tour player, wont that be something:)

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

4 hours ago, sparkyh said:

I’m amazed you got a reply.  I sent them a message several weeks ago, haven’t heard from them yet.  They’re just looking the other way like there’s no issue.  

• Sad 1

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

3 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I assume the Ventus Blue came new like the Stealth, from TM? If so, sounds like these issues are somewhat "recent" perhaps? I've had my Ventus Blue almost when it came out and fingers cross it's OK. I've just put it back into my gamer bag this week to boot as well.

But middle snaps, tip snaps, I am swearing off Fujikura for now. Perhaps I'll go back to the ATMOS, haven't heard those snap...

Sad.

Holy crap, you serious?!? This was an actual response?

Yeah the exact wording was 'i thought steering you to a warranty on a Saturday was thoughtful' 😂. I won't purchase a Fuji shaft  again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1