Cobra LTDx LS

Kale_m

Posted (edited)

You’re right not much chatter on here about it. I bought a stealth plus on the release date and was stoked to get it. I’ve hit Cobra drivers for 8-9 years with great results but was so curious about the Stealth. I liked it I really did but when I saw the LTD LS I had to try it and wow is right. It’s an awesome driver. Great sound, great flight and just wants to go straight. My regular group were all college players and a few ex club pros so handicaps are +1-2 to about 6. They’ve all commented on how great I hit this driver. I’m a good driver of the ball anyway but they notice a difference as do I. A few weeks ago we played in about a 30 mph wind and I didn’t miss a fairway and the wind didn’t seem to even touch my tee shots. I haven’t been on a monitor to get numbers with it but my eyes tell me it’s probably pretty close to optimal. 

Edited by mogc60
  • Like 1

COBRA LTDX LS 9* MATRIX MARU RED 70 TX 
COBRA FLY Z + 14.5* EVENFLOW BLACK 75 X                                                                             WILSON M5 TOUR 17* ALDILA ROGUE STIFF.                                           TITLEIST U510 3 ALDILA PHENOM 100 stiff.                                    

OICHI CUSTOM GROUND BLANKS 5-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                    CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 54* MMT 125 Stiff.                                        CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 58* MMT 125 Stiff.                                         NATIONAL CUSTOM NICOLL BLADE SNELL MTB-X

i know this question is all personal preference and something that should be figured out on my own... But, wanted to ask about the forgiveness of it. Have always leaned towards the LS models and currently play an OG Sim but was really curious about the forgiveness of both the LS and the ltdx. Ive taken a lot of interest in the ltdx standard instead of the LS. Any opinions on the LS? if any on the ltdx would be great as well!

7 minutes ago, toastinato said:

i know this question is all personal preference and something that should be figured out on my own... But, wanted to ask about the forgiveness of it. Have always leaned towards the LS models and currently play an OG Sim but was really curious about the forgiveness of both the LS and the ltdx. Ive taken a lot of interest in the ltdx standard instead of the LS. Any opinions on the LS? if any on the ltdx would be great as well!

Seems way more forgiving then the stealth for me. My miss is the low spin toe hook. The Ls seems to keep the spin up on the toe. Love the look of it. Sits so neutral at address. Very underrated! 

• Like 3

Cobra LTDx LS  9* fuji ventus black 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Ventus Black 8x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid HZDS Smoke RDX 80s (For now) 
Callaway X forged CB 4-PW w/ Dynamic gold X7
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Oddessey 7CS Tour / white ice #1 

7 minutes ago, Kale_m said:

Seems way more forgiving then the stealth for me. My miss is the low spin toe hook. The Ls seems to keep the spin up on the toe. Love the look of it. Sits so neutral at address. Very underrated! 

Agree, I went from the Radspeed XB (the forgiving model) and now have the LS and it is way more forgiving. Doesn’t make sense lol. Love it too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been squaring this driver since I got it but the few misses I’ve had have been very forgiving. It’s a very stable driver and toe side misses are unreal. Very little change in distance and dispersion 

• Like 2

COBRA FLY Z + 14.5* EVENFLOW BLACK 75 X                                                                             WILSON M5 TOUR 17* ALDILA ROGUE STIFF.                                           TITLEIST U510 3 ALDILA PHENOM 100 stiff.                                    

OICHI CUSTOM GROUND BLANKS 5-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                    CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 54* MMT 125 Stiff.                                        CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 58* MMT 125 Stiff.                                         NATIONAL CUSTOM NICOLL BLADE SNELL MTB-X

These two drivers are battling right now for me. I like the feel of the stealth more. However, performance is similar with them. Stealth is a little deeper face. I don’t know why some folks are sleeping on cobra this year. I ding the ltd line to be there best in sometime. 
I also think you should try the fairways. I feel they are sleeper good. 

Also they have a neutral CoG so dead center is actually the sweet spot. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: Sub70 939X UST Proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: 2021 Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Ball: Snell MTB-X/Pro V1/VeroX1/Srixon Z-star XV

Posted (edited)

So excited to try this driver! I have a LTDx LS blue with a Ventus TR 7x inbound to go up against my Mizuno STg 220 with the same shaft. (I got the deal of a lifetime on it!😁 I love GolfWRX!!!) I feel if any driver can beat out my Mizuno, this is the one. Hopefully I will find out in a couple weeks! I haven’t even seen the Cobra in hand yet so I’m hoping the face depth is about the same as the Mizuno. Anyone put these two up against each other? 

Edited by jetmech879

Mizuno ST-G 220 9* Ventus Blue TR 7X
Mizuno CLK 16* Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno Pro 225 3-PW Project X LS 6.5
Mizuno T-22 Copper 48S, 53S, & 58D Modus 125 wedge 
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4 KBS CT mat black

All Iomic X-Evolution 2.6 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Mizuno RB Tour X balls

I was fitted for an LTDX LS with a TPO, the results in the fitting translate well to the course.  I was seeing 3-5 mph ball speed increase over other heads during fitting. I have 2, 10g weights in the front, playing at 44.5.  I really enjoy how square it sits, it's workable, sounds great, plenty forgiving.  I went into the fitting not even the slightest bit interested in Cobra, but the guy said he has been seeing best ball speeds from them this year.  I have a Ventus TR I'm going to test against the TPO, but I am sold on the head, it's been great.

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

First round today with the LTDx Ls today. Very very good! Was chilly this morning and didn’t have my best swing but was very forgiving. Arccos has my longest at 342 yards and averaged 298. Hit driver 9 times And hit 7 fairways with 

• Like 4

Cobra LTDx LS  9* fuji ventus black 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Ventus Black 8x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid HZDS Smoke RDX 80s (For now) 
Callaway X forged CB 4-PW w/ Dynamic gold X7
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Oddessey 7CS Tour / white ice #1 

2 hours ago, jetmech879 said:

So excited to try this driver! I have a LTDx LS blue with a Ventus TR 7x inbound to go up against my Mizuno STg 220 with the same shaft. (I got the deal of a lifetime on it!😁 I love GolfWRX!!!) I feel if any driver can beat out my Mizuno, this is the one. Hopefully I will find out in a couple weeks! I haven’t even seen the Cobra in hand yet so I’m hoping the face depth is about the same as the Mizuno. Anyone put these two up against each other? 

I just came from the ST-Z (Lefty here, no G). Play it with Ventus Black 6X and it's been an absolute monster for me. I just couldn't keep the spin down on the Mizzy with anything slightly below center. 

3 minutes ago, WhatThe said:

I just came from the ST-Z (Lefty here, no G). Play it with Ventus Black 6X and it's been an absolute monster for me. I just couldn't keep the spin down on the Mizzy with anything slightly below center. 

Yeah the STz 220 is a great driver. I felt like I couldn’t miss a fairway with it but just not as long as the STg 220. I’m hoping the cobra is going to be the best of both worlds for me. So excited to try it! 

Mizuno ST-G 220 9* Ventus Blue TR 7X
Mizuno CLK 16* Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno Pro 225 3-PW Project X LS 6.5
Mizuno T-22 Copper 48S, 53S, & 58D Modus 125 wedge 
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4 KBS CT mat black

All Iomic X-Evolution 2.6 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Mizuno RB Tour X balls

17 hours ago, toastinato said:

The ltd ls has all the attributes of the OG SIM, fast, low launching and low spin, neutral but fade biased. Difference is its MUCH more stable and surprisingly forgiving.

• Thanks 1

No idea. I went with the cobra ltdx ls and it is ridiculous how good it was. And the Ltdx is awesome.e to with just a little more spin and forgiveness. I  am generally a callaway guy but the new callaways weren't even close in my testing. 

I went with the hzrdus blue 6.5 also a big difference from the IM that most on the rack clubs have around here.

UPS just delivered.  💪🏼

Did a stealth fitting in Jan - couldn’t beat my Ping

Did a rogue fitting two weeks later - couldn’t beat my Ping

No fitting available for Cobra, so I bought one on here on a whim.  Never hit the head, never swung the shaft...  what could go wrong?

Came in HZRDS blue6.5 ?  

• Like 2

Driver Testing.....
Fairway G425 3-wood Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/4”

Putter Ping Tyne C 34”

Ball TP5x/Snell MTB-x

I was fitted into the LS with a Ventus TR in a simulator.  I demo-ed the LTD X from an online store for two weeks and loved it.  So I took the demo club to a big box store to compare the LS model to the LTD X and was getting very, very similar spin results with a Project X Blue shaft in both.  I ended up ordering the LTD X wit the Ventus TR.  Haven't received it yet.  

• Like 1

Ping 400 Max 

Ping 410 14.5

PXG Hybrid 17/22

Srixon ZX5 5 iron

Srixon ZX7  6-PW

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Mizuno M Craft I

I got my LTDx LS 9 today coming from a sim D type.  Not a fair comparison because I have been spending alot of time getting rid of a slice and got to the point where my good shots with the sim d type where pulls and the bad shots where pull hooks.  The TaylorMade did its job.  I was fit into the cobra and it got rid of the left miss.  I have the heavy weight in the toe.  Good shots are dead straight; bad shots fall 20 yards to the right.  The stealth plus was good but I don't love the look with the all black and red face. The sound and look of the LTDX really won me over.  Thanks for the thread there is alot of good information in here... For the "shaftoids" I went from Accra concept series to Paderson Velocity.  20220514_151559.jpg.49369c3440ae2f666049dca05d82c582.jpg

• Like 1

2018 TM M3 9.5 Accra Concept M3 tipped 1 inch
FW: Callaway Epic 3 Wood Elements Chrome 6F4
FW: Callaway Epic heavenwood Elements Chrome 6F4
Irons: 4i U45 Nippon stiff 5-aw P770 KBS TOUR FLT 110
Wed: SM5 56.14F SM 7 60.12D
PT: 2014 Scotty Newport 1/500 custom

20 minutes ago, doctorjedi said:

For the "shaftoids" I went from Accra concept series to Paderson Velocity. 

Ventus Blue 6x has been the best performing shaft in my Ping 410.

Trono knocked it out of the park in the simulator over winter.  It’s not translating onto the course (yet...) 

Hoping this RDX blue 6.5 gives me something to work with out of the gate.

Whats the head weight of the LS with stock 10/3 weights anyway?

Driver Testing.....

Putter Ping Tyne C 34”

Ball TP5x/Snell MTB-x

3 minutes ago, Cliffy2020 said:

Trono knocked it out of the park in the simulator over winter.  It’s not translating onto the course (yet...) 

Mine was 193g with screw but not including adapter

17 minutes ago, Cliffy2020 said:

195 no adapter.

2018 TM M3 9.5 Accra Concept M3 tipped 1 inch
FW: Callaway Epic 3 Wood Elements Chrome 6F4
FW: Callaway Epic heavenwood Elements Chrome 6F4
Irons: 4i U45 Nippon stiff 5-aw P770 KBS TOUR FLT 110
Wed: SM5 56.14F SM 7 60.12D
PT: 2014 Scotty Newport 1/500 custom

WRX’r literally just listed a Ventus Blue 6x TR.....

Yeah, I bought it 🤣

Havent even hit the thing yet.  This should definitely up my golfWRX street cred.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver Testing.....

Putter Ping Tyne C 34”

Ball TP5x/Snell MTB-x

I think the LS talk is kinda in the other Cobra threads, but before all the drivers came out I wear hearing how the Cobra line especially the LS were going to be the surprise and standout drivers this year. I think at this point that is being seen as true at least with people who test and fitters as well.

With that said the LS will be my driver for 2022 and until I find something better, I wrote about my fitting experience for a driver in my WITB thread. I figured I'd slot into a Ping G425 LST if not a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS or Triple Diamond but felt the Cobra was going to be a sleeper.

In the end all are good driver but that Cobra stood out for me over everything else especially with the right shaft, I basically found another gear with it which was crazy. I'm picking it up this week and hopefully can get it out on the course soon to see how it really performs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lefty

Driver: 8° Cobra LTDxLS | Mitsubishi C6 Onyx 60X

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST | Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i-PW Srixon 785 | AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 52° MD3 | 56° Glide 2.0 Stealth | 60° Glide 

Putter(s): TP Mills Trad II | Cody James Patriot | Lajosi Sensor | KB-9306 | and more. 

WITB Thread

Posted (edited)

There are so many good drivers now…but like MattM97 this Cobra just checks every box for me. I feel like I’m sacrificing nothing with this driver

i have about 20 Cobra tipped shafts, I tried my Matrix Maru Red in it just for fun on my initial range session and it’s just an awesome combo for me. It feels perfect 

Edited by mogc60

My personnel opinion why there isn't more buzzz about the LS head is branding/marketing. If they had equal exposure as the Stealth and or Rogue it would have all the buzz.

Very little tour play.

Not the same marketing.

The driver is a beast though and you can see that in launch monitor head to head comparos on YouTube and here as well.

JMHGO

Anyone else find this to be the most fade biased head of the new low spin releases?

I've had one range session and one round under my belt with the LS, but I had the hardest time getting the fade out of it.  Definitely more fade biased than the Stealth+ and Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS.

I know it's a very small sample size, but it definitely stood out to me.... for now, I'll chalk it up to my "swing of the day".