MEMBER REVIEWS: Cobra KING LTDx Driver! See What Members Are Saying!

Some lucky individuals there - I assume. Hope the LTDx agrees with you folks and looking forward to hear what y'all have to say about it.

Also slightly disappointed I didn't get one. But, that's life...

Enjoy the gift everyone!

• Like 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Congrats to the testers and look forward to the feedback!

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* - shaft being tested

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec 4-G Steelfiber i110cw Stiff (currently testing)

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*; Callaway PM Grind 58*

Putter: TaylorMade MySpider Spider X

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Posted (edited)

What an AMAZING opportunity! I can not thank @Cobra Puma Golf and @GolfWRX_official for this driver! I am so excited to get this beauty on the course and see if it can beat out my monster Mizuno STg 220! It is going to have its work cut out for it but I think if any driver from 2022 can do it, the Cobra can! Unfortunately I have to wait till Monday for it’s maiden voyage. Darn work always gets in the way of golf! Haha! 

So a little about me. I’ve been playing golf now for over 30 years. I am currently playing to a 4hc. I’ve finally been getting my swing re grooved after loosing 85lbs. It’s amazing how bad that can mess with timing. I have got my driver swing speed up from 110 to 115 mph over the last year or so. 

As mentioned above I will be putting this Cobra LTDx LS up against my current gamer the Mizuno STg 220 which has been the BEST driver I have gamed in my golfing life. And I’ve tried a lot! Both drivers are shafted with a Ventus TR 7X (another huge shout out to Cobra for including this shaft!) so it will be a great head to head! Both shafts are tipped 1/2”. 

I am anxiously waiting for the driver to show up! FedEx tracking shows Thursday! I will report back after I have it in hand with some unboxing photos and again after the round on Monday! Dang I can’t wait! I may have to call in sick Friday! Haha! 

*edit. FedEx just updated delivery to tomorrow! 
Edited by jetmech879
  • Like 2

Mizuno ST-G 220 9* Ventus Blue TR 7X
Mizuno CLK 16* Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno Pro 225 3-PW Project X LS 6.5
Mizuno T-22 Copper 48S, 53S, & 58D Modus 125 wedge 
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4 KBS CT mat black

All Iomic X-Evolution 2.6 grips and I-Classic Mid Putter grip
Mizuno RB Tour X balls

HUGE thank you to @COBRA PUMA GOLF and @GolfWRX_Official for allowing me this opportunity! I am lucky enough to be testing the LTDx Max w/Ventus TR Blue 7x shaft. It will be going up against my gamer, the Epic Speed w/Tour Ad DI 6x shaft.

About me: I've been playing golf for about 18 years now and play to a 10.3 handicap. My tee game is by far and away my biggest struggle and I'm really excited to see if the LTDx Max will be the answer. My swing speed is right around 110-115 mph and my misses are to the right. 

It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow so I'll try to get some unboxing pictures up with my initial impression. I plan on hitting the range Thursday and am playing a round on Monday so I will have plenty of feedback for you all pretty quick! I'll also try to get some videos posted to give you an idea of the sound on good/bad hits. Stay tuned and thank you again for the opportunity!  

Posted (edited)

So this little beauty showed up today! I can not wait to hit it! Unfortunately I’m going to have to wait till Monday. Plus we have had like 2 inches of rain here in the past couple days so it’s a little soggy out! 
B6EF530A-6B80-4D07-9410-F34C380F69A2.jpeg.b696387de710b4342254c3e0f3abe0e9.jpeg33466205-846A-4450-83BC-CB719BD897C8.jpeg.81a440705acee00a6ecfb23a12fcfffb.jpeg64FC9B66-F96C-4428-BBFD-C85D0B0DB5A8.jpeg.b39cabf16f7894b0816fadbc2a1cad1f.jpeg737C4F2A-B4BD-41F3-967C-019F88C50365.jpeg.c440bc0bba36c8701270248a6c0565d0.jpeg

So I ordered some weights because I figured the head would be a little light for me and it was it weighed 193g. I added a 14 and 6g to bring it up to 200g plus I like the yellow weights better 😉 I am a little concerned that it may be too much weight up front. If it is I will send it off for hotmelt! I’ve never looked forward to a Monday so much! Thank you again cobra and GolfWRX!!! Y’all rock!!!
1812ED4F-483E-4748-8C83-BD6D95FD8F9B.jpeg.4f0ab952868bb8c5195d5a4c71d9c616.jpeg

Edited by jetmech879
  • Like 2

Mizuno RB Tour X balls

Driver showed up today and I couldn't resist going straight to the range but don't tell the GF because I told her I was working late....lol Anyways, onto some pictures right out of the box as well as on the range!

First impressions are....WOW. I am so happy I went with the Gloss Peacoat/Red, it looks awesome and I didn't find it off-putting at all during address. The blue Ventus shaft also looks fantastic matched with this head color. I also want to say that I actually really like the headcover, it's got kind of a subtle flashiness to it that is classy yet new style. 

Now let's jump into my first impressions at the range. It looks good at address and I like the head shape behind the ball. I've always preferred the smaller driver heads so I was definitely a little worried about how big this might look but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I think the matte top line in front of the gloss is what really helps to not make it look huge behind the ball and helps frame it, at least for me. I started out with a few swings with my current gamer because I would never have forgiven myself if I went straight into hitting this beauty and gave it a sky mark. After getting warmed up and establishing a solid baseline I switched to the LTDx Max. First thing I noticed is the sound and I have to say I like it a little more than my Epic right out of the gate. The Epic gives me kind of a loud tingy sound whereas the LTDx Max was more of a semi-muted tin sound. On off-center hits it's just a more muted tin sound. I definitely like that you can clearly differentiate when you stripe one and when you miss just based on sound, but it's not an unbearable sound when you miss, which is nice.

Now let's talk about performance. I only hit about 20-25 balls so this is really the bare bones first impression without doing any tweaking yet. Straight out of the box the forgiveness is super noticeable to me. With my epic I feel like I get solid forgiveness but when I miss a little too badly it'll absolutely take off to the right. I definitely miss-hit a few with the LTDx Max and I did not have a single shot that took off right on me. It was a consistent medium fade as opposed to my usual strong fade. I will say that when I striped my Epic I feel like I got more distance than when I striped one with the LTDx Max but again that is without any tinkering and only 20-25 balls in with it. 

In summary my first impression is that I get the feeling this driver is going to really give me a confidence boost off the tee. Knowing that I won't lose it right really helps me to stay within my swing and focus on the basics rather than worrying about how right it will end up going if I miss-hit it. There's a lot to be said about confidence with your driver and it has been a LONG time since I have truly felt confident off the tee. I'm playing a round Monday and I'm planning on splitting it 9 holes w/my current gamer and 9 holes w/the LTDx Max. I will take some on course photos and try to get some videos to give you an idea of the sound on good/bad hits. Also, feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them the best I can, thanks and stay tuned!

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

• Like 3

So jealous you got to the range already! I may have to try and sneak out before Monday! It’s killing me! Haha! 

• Like 1

Mizuno RB Tour X balls

1 hour ago, jetmech879 said:

So this little beauty showed up today! I can not wait to hit it! Unfortunately I’m going to have to wait till Monday. Plus we have had like 2 inches of rain here in the past couple days so it’s a little soggy out! 
B6EF530A-6B80-4D07-9410-F34C380F69A2.jpeg.b696387de710b4342254c3e0f3abe0e9.jpeg33466205-846A-4450-83BC-CB719BD897C8.jpeg.81a440705acee00a6ecfb23a12fcfffb.jpeg64FC9B66-F96C-4428-BBFD-C85D0B0DB5A8.jpeg.b39cabf16f7894b0816fadbc2a1cad1f.jpeg737C4F2A-B4BD-41F3-967C-019F88C50365.jpeg.c440bc0bba36c8701270248a6c0565d0.jpeg

So I ordered some weights because I figured the head would be a little light for me and it was it weighed 193g. I added a 14 and 6g to bring it up to 200g plus I like the yellow weights better 😉 I am a little concerned that it may be too much weight up front. If it is I will send it off for hotmelt! I’ve never looked forward to a Monday so much! Thank you again cobra and GolfWRX!!! Y’all rock!!!
1812ED4F-483E-4748-8C83-BD6D95FD8F9B.jpeg.4f0ab952868bb8c5195d5a4c71d9c616.jpeg

Thats my exact gamer except in 6x. Beautiful combo and it performs as well as it looks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Thats my exact gamer except in 6x. Beautiful combo and it performs as well as it looks!

Yeah this head looks stunning and the shaft matches perfectly! I’m hoping it performs as good as it looks!

Mizuno RB Tour X balls

On 5/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, jetmech879 said:

What an AMAZING opportunity! I can not thank @Cobra Puma Golf and @GolfWRX_official for this driver! I am so excited to get this beauty on the course and see if it can beat out my monster Mizuno STg 220! It is going to have its work cut out for it but I think if any driver from 2022 can do it, the Cobra can! Unfortunately I have to wait till Monday for it’s maiden voyage. Darn work always gets in the way of golf! Haha! 

So a little about me. I’ve been playing golf now for over 30 years. I am currently playing to a 4hc. I’ve finally been getting my swing re grooved after loosing 85lbs. It’s amazing how bad that can mess with timing. I have got my driver swing speed up from 110 to 115 mph over the last year or so. 

As mentioned above I will be putting this Cobra LTDx LS up against my current gamer the Mizuno STg 220 which has been the BEST driver I have gamed in my golfing life. And I’ve tried a lot! Both drivers are shafted with a Ventus TR 7X (another huge shout out to Cobra for including this shaft!) so it will be a great head to head! Both shafts are tipped 1/2”. 

I am anxiously waiting for the driver to show up! FedEx tracking shows Thursday! I will report back after I have it in hand with some unboxing photos and again after the round on Monday! Dang I can’t wait! I may have to call in sick Friday! Haha! 

*edit. FedEx just updated delivery to tomorrow! 

Congrats on being selected and even more on your weight loss. Looking forward to your review.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ +1 Flat setting Grafalloy Pro Lite HL Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Ping Alta CB Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Raw reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Okay so I “worked late” again today, couldn’t resist. Hit probably around another 20-25 balls with this driver and I still have yet to miss right with a slice. Honestly I’m shocked, if that holds up on the course that alone will be saving me 3-4 strokes per round from slices out of bounds or into the trees. I still wasn’t quite getting the distance I’m looking for so I decided to have my buddy give it a few swings as well. Now, he absolutely mashes the ball and is phenomenal off the tee. He smoked 3 in a row dead center and man did they go. I can also say it does make a decently louder high pitched crackling tin noise when you really send one and center it up.

So basically I can now say it’s a me thing and not a driver thing that it isn’t quite giving me the distance I’m used to. Perhaps some adjusting and fine tuning will get me there. Also, this driver is unbelievably forgiving and even on my worst swings I was just getting draws and faded with some distance loss instead of hooks and slices. Now, on the same note I will say the workability could be an issue for guys that really like to move the ball left and right. That being said, I don’t really think this model is targeted to those guys so not much of an issue for me. 

Going to try and squeeze in a round on Saturday and I already have a tee time for Monday so I’ll definitely have some on course experience to share come Monday night! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, player922000 said:

Okay so I “worked late” again today, couldn’t resist. Hit probably around another 20-25 balls with this driver and I still have yet to miss right with a slice. Honestly I’m shocked, if that holds up on the course that alone will be saving me 3-4 strokes per round from slices out of bounds or into the trees. I still wasn’t quite getting the distance I’m looking for so I decided to have my buddy give it a few swings as well. Now, he absolutely mashes the ball and is phenomenal off the tee. He smoked 3 in a row dead center and man did they go. I can also say it does make a decently louder high pitched crackling tin noise when you really send one and center it up.

So basically I can now say it’s a me thing and not a driver thing that it isn’t quite giving me the distance I’m used to. Perhaps some adjusting and fine tuning will get me there. Also, this driver is unbelievably forgiving and even on my worst swings I was just getting draws and faded with some distance loss instead of hooks and slices. Now, on the same note I will say the workability could be an issue for guys that really like to move the ball left and right. That being said, I don’t really think this model is targeted to those guys so not much of an issue for me. 

Going to try and squeeze in a round on Saturday and I already have a tee time for Monday so I’ll definitely have some on course experience to share come Monday night! 

That may be the only “knock” against it that I have. The sound was just a hair too tingy for my likes. It isnt offensive by any means but i prefer a duller crack. A few grams of hotmelt made it perfect.

• Like 1

Well I'm pumped! Big thanks to @COBRA PUMA GOLF and @GolfWRX_Official for being selected. I'll be representing the mere mortals and average weekend warriors here. 13 handicap, 95-100 swing speed. I should be able to give great feedback on forgiveness. 

Unfortunately the mail did not beat the rain today so hopefully the weather will hold off enough to get started this weekend. I'll get some skytrak and arccos comparisons and try and get on a trackman at some point. 

I'm testing the Ltdx 9.0 with a Ventus Blue TR 7S. Will likely do some testing with some other shafts as well.

I'm currently gaming tsi3 and bounce between Ventus Blue 7S and Tour AD IZ. 

I'll get some pictures up soon. I was hoping to match the look of @player922000 and @jetmech879 but ended up with the black and gold head instead. It still looks pretty sweet and I'm loving the matte finish.  It would definitely look amazing with the Tour AD  IZ in it.  If it ends up in the bag with the Ventus I'll probably be snagging that blue head at some point. 

I played the radspeed last year for about a month and really got along with it I just never liked the look of the topline. I think this one looks great!  The sole colors are not my style but it does look much better in person.  

• Like 4

I am beyond excited for this to arrive, sadly FedEx just hit me with a "delayed" notification so I'll wait another day or two.

Thank you to @GolfWRX_Official and @COBRA PUMA GOLF. This is such an amazing opportunity. My first set of real clubs were King Cobra Oversize IIs. I still have them in my garage and still remember how I bragged about them to all my friends in high school. Cobra has continued to evolve and I cannot wait to test this club out. 

I will update as soon as this baby arrives! Thanks again. 

TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link

2 hours ago, is76550 said:

I am beyond excited for this to arrive, sadly FedEx just hit me with a "delayed" notification so I'll wait another day or two.

Thank you to @GolfWRX_Official and @COBRA PUMA GOLF. This is such an amazing opportunity. My first set of real clubs were King Cobra Oversize IIs. I still have them in my garage and still remember how I bragged about them to all my friends in high school. Cobra has continued to evolve and I cannot wait to test this club out. 

I will update as soon as this baby arrives! Thanks again. 

Fedex is the worst. Every package I have coming from them gets delayed lately, with no help on their end.

• Like 1

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Congrats to the ones picked, I think you're really going to enjoy the LTDx line. Much like the TSi line from Titleist, this driver is a huge step forward for Cobra. I'm brand agnostic and have always given Cobra a shot with their previous drivers. They just never were quite able to keep up when it came to ball speed, spin and standard deviation of both. That all changed with the LTDx LS. It's actually hard to believe how low spin this thing is while still being extremely forgiving. It somehow never really deviates from that 1,800 to 2,400 rpm range (good strikes are always inside 2,100-2,300). I currently have both a 9* and 10.5* head and just trying to figure out which one I'm going with long term. I have both playing heavier and at 44.5" in length. Seems to be that this driver is finally picking up momentum online as people get over the "coolness" hesitation of playing a Cobra driver. If every golfer searching for a new driver was open minded, I have zero doubt this driver would be competing hard for the #1 spot in drivers this year. 

• Like 1

TM Stealth Plus 10.5* - Aldila Tour Green ATX 85s

TM Original One Mini 13.5* - Diamana D+ 80s
Callaway Apex UW 17* - Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex UW 21* - Tour AD DI 8s
Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*
Scratch 56° & 60*

Taylormade Spider GT

Posted (edited)

I can't thank @GolfWRX_Official and @COBRA PUMA GOLF enough for this opportunity. I'm really excited to be able to test this out and review it here.

I've been playing golf for about 3 years now. I picked it up when I was asked to coach golf (I'm a high school teacher, and don't worry, I don't have to do a whole lot a real coaching so I'm not screwing up any of the kids swings). I don't keep a true handicaps but the app I have used put me at about a 17 right now. I play by the rules of golf and I'm pretty consistently a bogey golfer plus or minus a bit depending on the day. 

I would consider driving and off the tee in general to be one of the better parts of my game right now (we won't discuss the rest all that much right now). I would characterize my swing is smooth but strong. I have been gaming a standard Callaway Mavrik with an Even Flow Riptide 60g 6.0. It's been treating well recently. I selected the Cobra LTDX with a Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. Again, I can't thank Cobra enough for the chance to do a custom order, I couldn't resist the chance to try out such a highly regarded shaft as well. 

The LTDx Arrived well packaged and first impressions are that it looks great. The build quality appears superb. The blue head certainly would have matched the Ventus well but I really, really, like the matte crown. 

When I new it had arrived, I rushed home and headed straight to the range. I only had time to hit about 30 balls or so. First impressions on feel and sound are great. The sound at impact is more muted with more of a carbon thwack than my Mavrik which has more of a titanium ting that sustains just a bit longer. I would not say the LTDx has as much of a muted sound as any of the recent Taylormade drivers though. The feel was very solid. Even shots that missed the center felt very stable. Like I said, I did not get the chance to hit too many balls but switching back and forth on the range, I would say the LTDx stays on line better with miss hits. I tend to hit a pretty straight ball to a slight fade with the driver. When stray towards the toe I will sometimes hit a draw. I am not good enough to be able to intentionally shape shots so I try to just play a stock shot (whatever it might be that day). I definitely hit some bad ones where I left the face a little open and/or got a little too heel side. These shots definitely faded more than I would like to see but of the swing I put on it, the result was pretty good. On most of the courses I play these shots would still be in play. Similar shots with the Mavrik had more fade and absolutely lost more distance. I my best shots, I couldn't tell which was longer. 

That's it for my first impressions so far. I will be playing at least 18 holes this weekend on a course I have played only a few times. As long as I won't be holding anyone up, I plan to at least hit some shots with both the Mavrik and LTDx to compare. 

A more thorough review and pics to come. A friend of mine has a rapsodo coming so I hope to be able to provide some numbers at some point too. 

Thank you again @GolfWRX_Official and @COBRA PUMA GOLF

81A94093-02CA-4A4E-BDA6-BAB4C59A2F20.jpeg

D7561456-3546-4363-81A6-3799D7C703BB.jpeg

6266C89E-FFCF-4F63-BD82-06ED03613DBE.jpeg

8196D125-C4F7-4F54-8787-8189FD1DC47B.jpeg

DD1B4298-D149-4647-BC5B-A9E9410662FC.jpeg

E8B9B11A-271C-4BCB-B820-442F255CC7B4.jpeg

362AC5BA-103D-408E-9747-2F5225301A1E.jpeg

010DF06B-6784-46BC-90B6-709F59FF70CC.jpeg

Edited by rkillian
Add more info
  • Like 2

Cobra LTDX 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Mavrik 4 Wood Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3 Rescue stock Ventus 7s for now 

Titleist 818H1 23* Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9S

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Callaway JAWS MD5 48.10S 54.10S & 60.12X - TT Dynamic Gold 115

Odyssey White Hot #1

Callaway Chrome Soft

Finally some sun here in the Carolinas to see how this Peacoat blue looks! And dang it’s beautiful! The pictures don’t really do it justice but man does it look good! 1CEA7316-5DB1-4B92-BC10-3874F7F70C00.jpeg.4e3dd53733f4dd4ba1503696b6cf4c78.jpeg5DCB7CA5-20BF-40CD-9DA8-2F57840C52E0.jpeg.d5e19a06d19de163e215431ea065733f.jpeg

• Like 4

Mizuno RB Tour X balls

Ok so I snuck out today for a sloppy muddy 18 holes. Did not get arccos set up and I left my Tsi3 at home so no real usefull data or comparisons. 

Early start to the holiday weekend so I had too many beers and too little pars on the front 9. Back 9 I shot 2 over and was really hitting the driver well. 

A couple things really impressed me. 

1st was forgiveness. I had some atrocious misses toe side that went straight down the middle with little loss of distance. I also had some very low misses that didn't seem to spin out of control and lose too much distance. 

2nd I loved the sound and feel. I was worried when reading some other reviews about the sound. Maybe I don't swing hard enough to hear anything but a very muted crack. I get that the sound and feel were everything I could ask for. 

Hopefully it's not a honeymoon phase. I'll be back out Sunday morning and will have some arccos data to share for next week. 

• Like 2

Alright, got out today for 18 holes with this bad boy. On the front 9 my swing was not good and even so the forgiveness of this driver kept me in the hole. I only had one shot that got away from me right and it was even a slice it was more of a medium fade. Back 9 I got dialed in (shot 1 over) and this club started to shine because I was actually centering it up. I was actually hitting baby draws which is unheard of if you ask my friends. My theory is that the lighter driver head is allowing me to get through the ball better instead of the club head lagging behind. I do also have it set for max draw bias with the weight set up so it could just be that. 

Overall I would say that this driver saved me at least 5-6 strokes off the tee as compared to my epic speed today and the forgiveness is legitimately unreal. I’m playing a much more difficult course on Monday with lots of tight fairways and lots

of hazards. So this club will definitely be put to the test real quick. Will be back some more feedback after the round! 

• Like 3

Round 2 under my belt. Had a late night on the town and a 6 am tee time so I was hurting a bit and forgot my phone in my car. Really disappointed I did because I wanted arccos and pictures. 

I have to say I love the face that cobra has used the last couple years. It leaves a perfect ball mark every time that wipes right off with your thumb. Its basically like having impact tape on every swing, which is super helpful for those of us not good enough to be able to feel exactly where we are missing. 

I think the common theme for me will continue to be forgiveness. I try most of big name new drivers every year and there isn't a huge difference for me. This may be the most forgiving driver I've ever used. It's sad because I think alot of people will sleep on this driver due to all the Rogue and Stealth hype. I think @coreyhr really hit it on the head. If every golfer did a blind test fitting when they went to buy their new driver this year, we would see a lot of these in people's bags. 

I cannot wait to get some pictures of my horrible strikes matched up with some arccos data in the next few weeks. I am also tempted to grab a Rogue ST to have some head to head comparisons on forgiveness.  I am thinking that my tsi3 will not win on forgiveness but I have a feeling it may be longer on good strikes. I'll wait for data before I state that as fact though. 

• Like 2

I can’t wait for tomorrow! I am going to be playing by myself teeing off at 0600! I will be having a battle of the low spin underdogs! My Mizuno STg 220 vs the LTDx LS! I will hit sever drives on as many holes as I can get away with to compare these two beasts! 

• Like 1

Mizuno RB Tour X balls

Got 18 holes in with the LTDx today. This was on a course I’ve only played a few times. This driver is forgiving. I hit one truly bad shot with it but no driver was going to save that one. What has impressed me the most so far is that some rough miss hits are staying in play for me compared to my Mavrik. The head feels very stable. Shots that miss the center don’t seem to be losing much distance either. 

For some of the subjective stuff. I’m really loving the sound. Playing in the afternoon sun I liked the matte crown as well. 

I’m hoping I can sneak out for a least 9 holes tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Cobra LTDX 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Mavrik 4 Wood Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3 Rescue stock Ventus 7s for now 

Titleist 818H1 23* Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9S

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Callaway JAWS MD5 48.10S 54.10S & 60.12X - TT Dynamic Gold 115

Odyssey White Hot #1

Callaway Chrome Soft

First round in the books with the Cobra LTDx LS! Let me start off by saying I have mixed feelings about this club but I feel it’s mostly due to the grip and shaft length. I will be changing the grip to an Iomic that I’m comfortable with and cut it down to my normal play length of 44 3/4”. So let me hit on the basics of the first impressions. 

LOOKS: This club is absolutely beautiful to look down at! It lines up so nicely at address and looks to sit slightly open. Looking down at address it looks perfect to me and I actually like the look better than the Mizuno. It looks slightly more compact compared to the STg 220 and has also has a slightly shallower face. I do like the deeper face more of the Mizuno because deep face drivers give me confidence. 8328321F-959D-4982-8ACD-BC50DFB3A5D2.jpeg.3ecee6e8c1e3eb5dc33503a981fb4dad.jpeg

5AF88369-0861-4C95-A924-56EA4A375536.jpeg.3214bb147f44a48bf75844223f22c10d.jpeg
6CC01659-4DB5-4FD4-A39D-26AB8AE82609.jpeg.dfa98b203c653fa2ef78e96902a499d2.jpeg

SOUND & FEEL: The LTDx feels a little crisper than the STg. It makes a slightly louder crack at impact than the Mizuno but not tinny at all. I actually really like the sound and feel. Also my STg has 5G of hotmelt in it to tone it down. I may at some point have a little added to the Cobra. I’d say overall the mizuno feels a little softer but I wouldn’t say it feels better. 

PERFORMANCE: This is where the Cobra really started to shine! I played 18 holes by myself this morning. I hit probably 30 drives with both drivers. Now I am hitting my STg fantastic at the moment. I will say with out a doubt that the cobra is more forgiving. Especially low on the face which is my most common miss. I was finding that balls hit low on the face did not spin up near as much as my mizuno. This met that my bad strikes with the cobra were within 10 yards of my good strikes with the mizuno. On the last hole I hit a drive with each absolutely perfect. They were within a yard of each other and about 10 feet apart. It’s hard to see in the photo but the cobra is on the right. 6215889B-11CF-41BF-9CB6-3A88EADAFB22.jpeg.26853e9a140cbd06b3e30577aad8d8fd.jpeg

Overall this is a fantastic driver and I’m looking forward to a captain’s choice I have Friday. I’m going to cut down the cobra to my play length and see how it goes. The mizuno is going to stay home. Thanks again Cobra for this AWESOME driver!!!

• Like 3

Mizuno RB Tour X balls

Looks like the Cobra got the Mizuno on last drive 😬

• Like 1

Driver Cobra LTDx LS (10.5) Peacoat - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch PVD 60 (6.0)
Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler (16) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (20.5) - Aldila Tour Blue 85 (stiff)
Irons:  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark (6 - W) - Aerotech Steelfiber 115fc (stiff)
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw (54/12) - Nippon Modus 125w
Wedge:  Taylormade Hi-Toe (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putter:  Mannkrafted MA/55...Odyssey MXM Versa #9Ht (Custom)...Machine M10 
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9 stand bag