2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2022 US Women's Open (Pine Needles Lodge & G.C.)

6 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

There we go - if Christo can peddle his swing teaching nonsense I can develop a yelling swing methodology to hit it further.

Oh, BTW, I claim copyright on my idea ©

Even better it will appeal to parts of Asia with its martial arts component.

gold-jerry-gold-gif-5.gif

I'm counting my riches, already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

11 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Awesome, love his mistimed grunt😂

I came up with this and experimented early this century so before this guy...and I have witnesses.

My grunting was much louder though and more anti-social (think a male version of Sharapova).

"The Grunting Golfer, secret to hitting your driver an extra 50 yards" ©. Hands off, Christo.

Also could be a good storyline for a new Caddyshack movie.

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Like 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

JJ, you are on fire, obviously a big consumer of golf content (like me)👍

You had me worried, but Christo's Karate emphasis is on rotation, mine is just on audio😂 so much simpler and easier for anyone to action.

My swing philosophy has evolved from lower body driving the swing to hands and arms driving it and the lower body only reacting (ala Monte's No Turn, Cast).

Don't pinch my audio idea, Christo!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fredogolfer said:

A subscription in itself is free and you have access to some content. A paid subscription gives you access to all content. Anytime the LPGA has streamed on peacock, it's been part of the free content. 

Unless I've been doing something wrong, some LPGA content streamed on peacock is apart of the premium service. Tomorrow's coverage has a white feather in a purple background in the upper lefthand corner, so I'm assuming it will be apart of the paid premium service as well.

16 hours ago, fredogolfer said:

Just saw Nelly’s presser. For a player who seems to check most of the boxes for future lpga “it girl” her personality is just non-existent. She almost comes off as angry or annoyed at some points. If Jessica comes off as ditzy, Nelly comes off as the wicked, angry sister. Definitely more Cristie Kerr than Nancy Lopez. Too bad, the Kordas have such a compelling story, immigrant parents, successful sporting family, blond. Sitting on a flight next to Nelly would be boring compared to sitting next to JYK. 

Does any of that matter? No, she is playing to be the best female golfer in the world. However, could you imagine her earning potential if she came across more likeable?

*Wealthy immigrant parents.

Petr Korda lived in Florida for a while.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stooch said:

Unlike for the Men, the TV coverage of the morning waves is atrocious, hopefully they stream a featured morning group to follow.

The featured groups are set for both Thursday and Friday:

Thursday                      8:38 AM     Lexi Thompson, Jennifer Kupcho, Jin Young Ko

2:24 PM     Danielle Kang, Nelly Korda, Atthaya Thitikul

Friday                            8:38 AM    Danielle Kang, Nelly Korda, Atthaya Thitikul

2:24 PM     Lexi Thompson, Jennifer Kupcho, Jin Young Ko

• Like 2

"Stroke Gained" information will be available:

Multiple Options to View 77th U.S. Women's Open

"Strokes Gained: For the first time, a full complement of strokes-gained analytics (overall, off the tee, approach, around the green, putting) will be available within each player’s scorecard in the U.S. Women's Open App."

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, woahnelly said:

To be fair they were asking her some dumb questions like the specifics of her injury and if she would join a phantom Saudi golf women's league.

"+1". I thought Nelly Korda's response to those questions = just fine.  The hypothetical "$10million prize purse every week" (i.e. phantom Saudi golf league .. .timestamp ~5m57s) = was a dodgy question i.e. fishing for a sensational headline?

(p/s: the "show transcript" function in youtube = useful to find specific Q&A's for these press conferences)

• Like 3

Has anyone else seen this player-by-player "Probability Tracker" on the USGA website?

Am doubting Nelly Korda's and Danielle Kang's top-ranked  % for a win at this weeks USWO! (i.e. only marginally lower than JYK's odds?)

i.e. IMHO... the sports-betting companies's odds = probably a better form indicator? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsZsn_S93Zs8JOdKMRbklmg/community?lb=UgkxqHyC1XFsSERzeHqreEcL4NGJ6TFMtvz6

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2022/u-s--women-s-open.html#!win-probability

..p/s: Oddly ... the Probability-Tracker seems to be dynamic/ constantly updating... e.g. i see Nelly Korda sometimes the predicted #1 w.r.t. to win (and some odd/unexpected names near the top ... eg Pauline Roussin the rookie?)

USGA-Probability-Tracker-Screenshot_2022-06-01.png

USGA-Probability-Tracker-Screenshot_2022-06-01_v2_10pm.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Has anyone else seen this player-by-player "Probability Tracker" on the USGA website?

Am doubting Nelly Korda's and Danielle Kang's top-ranked  % for a win at this weeks USWO! (i.e. only marginally lower than JYK's odds?)

i.e. IMHO... the sports-betting companies's odds = probably a better form indicator? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsZsn_S93Zs8JOdKMRbklmg/community?lb=UgkxqHyC1XFsSERzeHqreEcL4NGJ6TFMtvz6

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2022/u-s--women-s-open.html#!win-probability

..p/s: Oddly ... the Probability-Tracker seems to be dynamic/ constantly updating... e.g. i see Nelly Korda sometimes the predicted #1 w.r.t. to win (and some odd/unexpected names near the top ... eg Pauline Roussin the rookie?)

And why do the placements fluctuate, what's changing between now and the 1st tee lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

I am pleased to see Vu that high, but it doesn't make any sense 😂

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Perhaps but it's not so much win probability as current bets odds.

It basically is the idea that the collective is smarter than the indvidual.  A "crowdsourcing" for predictions.   Its not as cockamamie as it sounds . . . because they are relying on large sample sizes to reduce the variation in outcomes.  But that doesn't mean that the contrarian view cannot prevail -- that is why they play the game.   

Edited by Golf Dino
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

It basically is the idea that the collective is smarter than the indvidual.  A "crowdsourcing" for predictions.   Its not as cockamamie as it sounds . . . because they are relying on large sample sizes to reduce the variation in outcomes.  But that doesn't mean that the contrarian view cannot prevail -- that is why they play the game.   

Perhaps.. but if so, then USGA isn’t doing a good job of explaining how that real-time probability tracker works!

The blurb on the USGA Website simply says this: 

...And if it’s a “wisdom of the crowds” experiment...then surely they would use their App to allow fans to key in our inputs w.r.t. those win% odds? 

So many questions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGfJ6iHmWZg?t=67 (“The Wisdom Of Crowds | By James Surowiecki (Animated)”)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTI6u_gbilY (“James Surowiecki: The Power of the Collective”)

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hankshank said:

Rooting for fellow countrywoman Maja Stark (Now thats a good GOT name you might say, but its even better in Scandinavian...) who has more or less been on top of the LET week in week out and is one of the great generation of young women following in the footsteps of Anna and Annika, all near the top of WAGR before now turning pro. Like the way she plays and she seems like a great person in interviews and the like. 

May be a good GOT name but it’d be even better if she was related to Tony!😏

The ladies us open seems to come up with a number of surprise winners.  Odds are decent the winner will fade away within a few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

3 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

Perhaps.. but if so, then USGA isn’t doing a good job of explaining how that real-time probability tracker works!

The blurb on the USGA Website simply says this: 

...And if it’s a “wisdom of the crowds” experiment...then surely they would use their App to allow fans to key in our inputs w.r.t. those win% odds? 

There really is no data available right now that suggests win probability OTHER than punters with their picks.   When the tournament starts, then they will have an accumulation of data from years prior and and can number crunch via algorithm the probabilities of outcomes . . . like whoever shoots the lowest round on Thursday and FRiday and is within the top-10 going into Saturday has won the last 10 of 18 USWO . . . so there is a mathematical function there . . . For disclosure, I just made up that stat . . . for all I know it could be that 18 of the last 20 USWO winners had toast for breakfast on Sunday 🙅‍♂️ 😂

Edited by Golf Dino
  • Like 3