PGA Tour Schedule 22-23

billyspan

15 minutes ago, sekrah said:

PGA has "sports-washed" their own history by hogging the calendar with too many meaningless events. They did this to themselves.

I bet if you were alive then you would have been sick to your stomach about Jack and Arnie breaking away from the PGA of America.

Too many tournaments for you maybe .......Just right for me. I don't have a problem with Jack and Arnie but I do have a problem with an Arab nation trying to buy golf as I know it yet feeding me with a plethora of offensive talent and then expecting me to accept it....I think not! I'm better than that............

• Like 3

On 6/12/2022 at 1:04 PM, sekrah said:

PGA has "sports-washed" their own history by hogging the calendar with too many meaningless events. They did this to themselves.

The PGA Tour has roughly had the same number of events today as they have for the last 50+ years. Have they been sports washing themselves that long? 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 11:46 PM, billyspan said:

10/30 - WGC-HSBC Champions - CHINA

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/03/07/graham-the-pga-tours-sportswashing-problem-in-china/

On 6/12/2022 at 1:04 PM, sekrah said:

I bet if you were alive then you would have been sick to your stomach about Jack and Arnie breaking away from the PGA of America.

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 wood Diamana D+ X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35” 
Tour BX S

The original "opening statement" to this post was removed and added below.  I think it took away from the discussion and emphasis on the schedule.  Looks like major changes will not take place until Fall '23.  We'll see what happens with the WGC China event.  The PGA Tour has not released their official schedule,  but it is on the DP Tour calendar.

Alas a day of reckoning has come. Sadly, I think many more defections are to come. These players in the Top 50 will be bound to play all LIV events in '22 and undoubtedly 15 or more in '23. More in the US and more overseas. Combine that travel with the majors and LIV players will be worn out.

US sponsors will bail. Tournaments will disappear and likely the PGA and DP Tour form a stronger alliance. What tournaments will be left?

I think the Fall will be decimated. Unknown if the HSBC (China), CJ Cups (Korea) and Zozo (Japan) go on without Tiger's commitment.

Will there be a TOC? I think Los Angeles and The Players will go on, but what else?

I think by '24, if this thing LIVs, the schedule will be largely those mentioned combined with a mishmash of the Canadian, Scottish, Irish, Spanish opens. Perhaps the British, SA and Australian PGAs are elevated into this new 2nd tier (PGA/DP Tour) as well.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:04 AM, sekrah said:

Sportswashing….Drink!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do not see any way the WGC event takes place in China. The last argument the tour has is the Saudi Human rights argument and they are going to have one of their biggest tournaments in a country with easily equally bad human right record? The media will crucify them and i can see players not wanting to answer the hypocrite questions and not go. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BottleCap said:

Taiwan would be a perfect spot

Might go down the rabbit hole here, but I would like the PGA Tour to focus on North America.  Let LIV take on the international hot spots.

Elevate the Canadian and Mexican Opens (National , bring back the Western Open (rotate through Chicago, Portland, Seattle, Denver...markets that LIV will target), and make The TOUR Championship better by rotating through the Eastern markets that do not currently have a regular stop.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, billyspan said:

Might go down the rabbit hole here, but I would like the PGA Tour to focus on North America.  Let LIV take on the international hot spots.

Elevate the Canadian and Mexican Opens (National , bring back the Western Open (rotate through Chicago, Portland, Seattle, Denver...markets that LIV will target), and make The TOUR Championship better by rotating through the Eastern markets that do not currently have a regular stop.

I know the BMW is coming to Colorado in 2024. But they need to have something here or LIV is going to I feel. The International was a great event and that course has been completely renovated. But I agree they need to lock down the US before going to crazy international locations. 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2022 at 10:46 PM, billyspan said:

DATES:

9/18 - Napa - CA

9/25 - The Presidents Cup - NC

10/2 - Jackson - MS

10/9 - Las Vegas - NV

10/16 - ZOZO - JAPAN

10/23 - CJ Cup - SC

10/30 - Bermuda - BERMUDA

11/6 - Mayakoba - MEXICO

11/13 - Houston - TX

11/20 - Sea Island - GA

12/4 - Hero - BAHAMAS

12/11 - QBE - FL

1/8 - Tournament of Champions - HI

1/15 - Honolulu - HI

1/22 - Palm Springs - CA

1/28 - San Diego - CA

2/5 - Pebble Beach - CA

2/12 - Phoenix -AZ

2/19 - Los Angeles - CA

2/26 - Palm Beach Gardens - FL

3/5 - Arnold Palmer Invitational - FL

3/5 - Puerto Rico Open - PUERTO RICO

3/12 - THE PLAYERS - FL

3/19 - Palm Harbor - FL

3/26 - WGC-Match Play - TX

3/26 - Punta Cana - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

4/2 - Texas Open - TX

4/9 - MASTERS - GA

4/16 - Heritage - SC

4/23 - New Orleans - LA

4/30 - Mexico Open - MEXICO

5/7 - Charlotte - NC

5/14 - Dallas - TX

5/21 - PGA Championship - NY

5/28 - Ft. Worth - TX

6/4 - The Memorial - OH

6/18 - US Open - CA

7/23 - The Open - ENGLAND

- Alternate Event

*Many dates remain tentative

I don't understand why they split the Texas events up like that. Why make the guys fly from Dallas to the PGA Championsip then back to Dallas again? They've got the Texas Open in San Antonio and the Match play in Austin back to back, which is great. It must be at least a little tiring for players to bounce from place to place around the country.

6 hours ago, joshrad_golf said:

I don't understand why they split the Texas events up like that. Why make the guys fly from Dallas to the PGA Championsip then back to Dallas again? They've got the Texas Open in San Antonio and the Match play in Austin back to back, which is great. It must be at least a little tiring for players to bounce from place to place around the country.

PGA tour has it easy 

KFT just went from Wichita to Maine to Colorado 

9 hours ago, joshrad_golf said:

Because Jack doesn't want his tournament directly before/after a major. The Memorial is perfectly positioned rn 2 weeks after the PGA and 2 weeks before the US Open.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, joshrad_golf said:

Long said it should make geographical and logistical sense.  The PGA Championship in May boogers that up often.

Hawaii, Cali, Arizona then Florida then Texas then east coast then midwest.  By that time it should be Memorial time frame and the "up north" courses should be good to go.  That doesn't include the Majors specifically but often they fall between "swings" and you logically transition through the major to the next swing.

PGA should be in August at blue-ish collar type city in the heat.  Colonial, Inverness,  Kohler, Crooked Stick, Chambers Bay, Erin Hills, Bethpage, Oakland Hills, Hazeltine.

I've got to think the player advisory council has advocated for this.  You want stronger fields and guys to play more, make the travel easier for them. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:20 AM, smashdn said:

Long said it should make geographical and logistical sense.  The PGA Championship in May boogers that up often.

Hawaii, Cali, Arizona then Florida then Texas then east coast then midwest.  By that time it should be Memorial time frame and the "up north" courses should be good to go.  That doesn't include the Majors specifically but often they fall between "swings" and you logically transition through the major to the next swing.

PGA should be in August at blue-ish collar type city in the heat.  Colonial, Inverness,  Kohler, Crooked Stick, Chambers Bay, Erin Hills, Bethpage, Oakland Hills, Hazeltine.

I've got to think the player advisory council has advocated for this.  You want stronger fields and guys to play more, make the travel easier for them. 

Preach!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 8:26 PM, Stevens24 said:

I do not see any way the WGC event takes place in China. The last argument the tour has is the Saudi Human rights argument and they are going to have one of their biggest tournaments in a country with easily equally bad human right record? The media will crucify them and i can see players not wanting to answer the hypocrite questions and not go. 

i agree ... they shouldn't have been there in the first place, and could stake out a "stand" by refusing to permit a wgc event there ... and there are too many events as is ... pretty much a no brainer, imo ...