2023 LIV Golf League Schedule (STAY ON TOPIC)

billyspan

12 minutes ago, Htk084 said:

those guys are never gonna give them points.  That’s what I don’t get what is Greg Norman gonna do.  I just don’t see how he’s gonna get the points

The OWGR board could say, how does one qualify for your Tour. GN would respond, I decide. That right there would end discussion of LIV getting points. GN could totally manipulate his events for points, thus putting into jeopardy the integrity of OWGR. 

3 hours ago, golfheaven69 said:

Look for extreme backlash for courses in the US holding and promoting the exhibitions. 

It's already building for the one outside Portland. The Saudi's extracted one of their nationals in the cover of darkness. The guy was up on charges for killing a 15 year old girl. There could be a significant protest presence around the tournament.

A little extra salt in the wound is that it's 4th of July weekend. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/erry-2018/12/9b5b1eff724150/he-was-accused-of-killing-a-po.html

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/saudi-arabia-buys-fourth-of-july-weekend-in-north-plains/

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Sounds awesome doesn’t it?  Plus the cash is great….I mean it’s a bit dirty but so what?

But….if reports are correct and all events are mandatory….with the majors that’s 18 events.  MORE than some are playing now.  AND with events mandatory they will have absolutely zero say in making their own schedule.

You truly can’t make this (stuff) up.🤣

Wow, yeah, fully mandatory would be rather harsh. 

2 hours ago, aus10KC said:

The OWGR board could say, how does one qualify for your Tour. GN would respond, I decide. That right there would end discussion of LIV getting points. GN could totally manipulate his events for points, thus putting into jeopardy the integrity of OWGR. 

Yep, that and to get points a tour has to have a minimum number of events which is higher than the LIV plans….IIRC.  I could not find that number with a quick search.

Anyone know?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

10 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Yep, that and to get points a tour has to have a minimum number of events which is higher than the LIV plans….IIRC.  I could not find that number with a quick search.

Anyone know?

FYI, Tiger's Hero World Challenge event has OWGR points.  It's a no cut invitation event. 

http://www.owgr.com/en/Events/EventResult.aspx?eventid=9363

Viktor got 48 points for his win in September. It had a very strong field.

Which was more than Rory got winning the RBC, at 46 points.

Edited by subrew
  • Like 3

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

Also wanted to point out, that the LIV events fall under the Asian Tour partnership.  Which is a OWGR sanctioned Tour body.  LIV/Asian Tour are running a bit of a "feeder" series with the intent to have ten International events as a relegation series.  Two such events have happened, the International Series Thailand in March, and the International Series England event in early June.  Both winners received 14 points.  

I don't think the "relegation" portion is fully flushed out yet.  I would imagine once LIV establishes a few more players, that will start to happen.  Perhaps for 2023.

40 minutes ago, subrew said:

FYI, Tiger's Hero World Challenge event has OWGR points.  It's a no cut invitation event. 

http://www.owgr.com/en/Events/EventResult.aspx?eventid=9363

Viktor got 48 points for his win in September. It had a very strong field.

Which was more than Rory got winning the RBC, at 46 points.

The Hero is on the PGA tour schedule.  So there’s that.

18 minutes ago, subrew said:

Also wanted to point out, that the LIV events fall under the Asian Tour partnership.  Which is a OWGR sanctioned Tour body.  LIV/Asian Tour are running a bit of a "feeder" series with the intent to have ten International events as a relegation series.  Two such events have happened, the International Series Thailand in March, and the International Series England event in early June.  Both winners received 14 points.  

I don't think the "relegation" portion is fully flushed out yet.  I would imagine once LIV establishes a few more players, that will start to happen.  Perhaps for 2023.

12 months minimum for a new tour to prove to be viable. Plus points would be reduced for 54 hole events.

https://read.nxtbook.com/global_golf_post/global_golf_post/20220613/liv_breakout_ii.html

That article gets linked a lot.  But it doesn't seem to actually be correct, with regard to how LIV "lives" in the golf world.

LIV events are part of the The Asian Tour, which already exists, and is recognized by OWGR.  Two LIV/Asian Tour International Series events have already received points this year.  That is part of my post.  And yes, 54-hole events get fewer points.  But it's not a rare occurrence.  For Week 25, 5 of the 11 OWGR points events were 54-hole events.  

Edit:

The PIF Saudi International in February fell under the Asian Tour.  Harold Varner received 50 points.  

Edited by subrew
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, subrew said:

That article gets linked a lot.  But it doesn't seem to actually be correct, with regard to how LIV "lives" in the golf world.

LIV events are part of the The Asian Tour, which already exists, and is recognized by OWGR.  Two LIV/Asian Tour International Series events have already received points this year.  That is part of my post.  And yes, 54-hole events get fewer points.  But it's not a rare occurrence.  For Week 25, 5 of the 11 OWGR points events were 54-hole events.  

Edit:

The PIF Saudi International in February fell under the Asian Tour.  Harold Varner received 50 points.  

So why is the London event not listed on the Asian Tour schedule like the first event in Thailand? Why didn't it get OWGR points as that one did?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jdl said:

So why is the London event not listed on the Asian Tour schedule like the first event in Thailand? Why didn't it get OWGR points as that one did?

It is, and it did.

June 2-5:  https://www.asiantour.com/schedule/2022

OWGR Points page: http://www.owgr.com/en/Events/EventResult.aspx?eventid=9540

27 minutes ago, jdl said:

Uh....I'm asking about the LIV event at the Centurion Club won by Charl Schwartzel. 

No idea.  Sounds like they just submitted to OWGR for these LIV events.  Maybe it wasn't a priority for them, leading up to the first event.  The "International Series" events had been scheduled for a while, and were on the books before the year started.  I have no idea how far in advance events need to be sent to OWGR for inclusion.  

FYI, I'm not trying to defend the LIV Series.  I've just been doing a lot of research as topics pop up, mostly to educate myself.  So far the main bullet points against LIV events getting OWGR points have been:

-It's a new series.  That will depend on if they fall under the Asian Tour I guess.  

-54 hole events don't count.  They do, as 54 hole events are a bit more common in the smaller series than I realized.  5 of the 11 events that received OWGR points held last week were 54 holes. 

-It's a invitational.  Quite a few invitational events get OWGR recognition.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, subrew said:

No idea.  Sounds like they just submitted to OWGR for these LIV events.  Maybe it wasn't a priority for them, leading up to the first event.  The "International Series" events had been scheduled for a while, and were on the books before the year started.  I have no idea how far in advance events need to be sent to OWGR for inclusion.  

FYI, I'm not trying to defend the LIV Series.  I've just been doing a lot of research as topics pop up, mostly to educate myself.  So far the main bullet points against LIV events getting OWGR points have been:

-It's a new series.  That will depend on if they fall under the Asian Tour I guess.  

-54 hole events don't count.  They do, as 54 hole events are a bit more common in the smaller series than I realized.  5 of the 11 events that received OWGR points held last week were 54 holes. 

OK, and I appreciate the addition to the discussion. I did go and find an article on it from Feb that discussed the new series. But IMO your previous comments seemed to imply a little more of "they'll get points because they are part of the Asian Tour" and I think we can agree it's not nearly that cut and dried yet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aus10KC said:

This is absolutely one of the most important points I've seen made in all of the LIV threads:

"How does one qualify for the LIV Tour"?

With the PGA Tour, there are multiple pathways to achieving a card, but everything is quite well-defined and spelled out in black & white.  If the PGA Tour were to go away tomorrow, and LIV became the sole choice for the cream of the crop, what would be the road map for young talent to make their way into LIV?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

It's already building for the one outside Portland. The Saudi's extracted one of their nationals in the cover of darkness. The guy was up on charges for killing a 15 year old girl. There could be a significant protest presence around the tournament.

A little extra salt in the wound is that it's 4th of July weekend. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/erry-2018/12/9b5b1eff724150/he-was-accused-of-killing-a-po.html

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/saudi-arabia-buys-fourth-of-july-weekend-in-north-plains/

This may just be a weird coincidence, but I heard Nike is in Oregon. What’s attracting these types to Oregon?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

4 hours ago, subrew said:

LOL!......LIV/Asia tour as a feeder.......

1 hour ago, vjswing said:

This is absolutely one of the most important points I've seen made in all of the LIV threads:

With the PGA Tour, there are multiple pathways to achieving a card, but everything is quite well-defined and spelled out in black & white.  If the PGA Tour were to go away tomorrow, and LIV became the sole choice for the cream of the crop, what would be the road map for young talent to make their way into LIV?

The Saudis would decide.......How bat poop crazy is that!?!

Edited by Titleist99
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, subrew said:

LIV invested some cash, as they tend to do, in the Asian tour.  Their events ARE NOT a part of the Asian accredited for ranking points tour.  How could you possibly think they are part of the Asian tour AND Norman has to ask to get ranking points for their little tour?

Did Charl get credit for his “win”?

F4D73809-BE41-470B-BEF9-D7BB4FD3AB50.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 6:45 PM, billyspan said:

With the PGA Tour's ban today you better believe the Los Angeles event goes up against THE PLAYERS date.

The majors are not safe.  I see a US-based event going up against the USPGA.  Masters, British and US Open are safe, for now, depending on if they chose to ban LIV players.  Turnberry to host an event.  Major moves are happening.  2022 is just a warm-up lap.

Most would watch the majors over an exhibition of has beens imo.  

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

On 6/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, vjswing said:

Not only that but how many points does a LIV top 10 finish get you when guys like Schwartzel who is ranked outside of the 100 wins the event? 

If Schwartzel won the event, what does that say about the 5th place player of that event? 

If I was a 110th ranked player and playing on the PGA Tour and I see no names start moving up the rankings because they play in LIV with inferior competition, I would be choked. 

Add to that 54 holes and no cuts... 

It's comparing apples to oranges. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BadbeatJay said:

Not only that but how many points does a LIV top 10 finish get you when guys like Schwartzel who is ranked outside of the 100 wins the event? 

If Schwartzel won the event, what does that say about the 5th place player of that event? 

If I was a 110th ranked player and playing on the PGA Tour and I see no names start moving up the rankings because they play in LIV with inferior competition, I would be choked. 

Add to that 54 holes and no cuts... 

It's comparing apples to oranges. 

JJ Spaun won on the pga tour this year and was ranked 240 in the world

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, mosesgolf said:

Most would watch the majors over an exhibition of has beens imo.  

I don't watch the PGA, the club pros inclusion is an abomination 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

8 minutes ago, BottleCap said:

I don't watch the PGA, the club pros inclusion is an abomination 

You're missing out, it's the strongest field of any major, by a large margin.

10.5 (8.5) TM Sim2 w/ Smoke Blk 70 6.5  |||  16.5 HL Rogue ST LS w/ Smoke Blk 80 6.5

2i TM P790 w/ Smoke Blk HY 6.5  |||  4-PW Srixon ZX7 w/ S400

50.08 (SM9), 54.13 (TM MG3), 58.12 (SM9) w/ S400  |||  Byron Morgan 007

1 hour ago, bfactor said:

You're missing out, it's the strongest field of any major, by a large margin.

I've watched in the past, the 2009 edition had Tiger hunted down on the last day, but these days there are too many things that one can watch, we're not a captive audience like in the past, i can stream almost anything I want now at anytime.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

• 5 months later...
On 6/23/2022 at 11:47 PM, M80 said:

Thanks!  Going to be at The Grange in Adelaide, April 21-23 opposite the PGA Tour Zurich team event.

• billyspan changed the title to 2023 LIV Golf League Schedule (STAY ON TOPIC)