MEMBER REVIEWS: Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons! See What Members Are Saying!

1559931597_cobrakingtecforgedironmemberreviews.png.245684798807fbaf3d3dcc8e3f22787a.png

GolfWRX has six of our members testing out Cobra's new KING Forged Tec Irons! The new KING Forged Tec irons are packed with Cobra's latest technologies for the ultimate in forgiveness and distance. Testers had their choice of KING Forged Tec, KING Forged Tec X, or KING Forged Tec One Length. The members below will be reporting back to the community about the things that they have noticed while testing this product. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them!

Learn more about the Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons HERE

The testers are:

@adam10

@sailfishchris

@Jeffyr11

@Damenace613

@Kenbone

@Pack7483

Thank you to @COBRA PUMA GOLF for putting on this member testing event!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks to Cobra and to WRX for this opportunity to try these new clubs!

Mine came in Wednesday. I ordered Forged Tec X in standard L/L/L with Recoil 95 F3's and midsize TV +4's.

First impressions - they are beautiful irons - but I already knew that as I've been lusting after them since their release photos. 

The top line and offset suits my eye and the overall size is firmly in the not too big, not too small category. They look like exactly what they are billed as -  a mid/high mid capper's dream.

Gonna head to the range tomorrow to get some initial swings in then try and grab a round on Monday or Tuesday. 

Excited to see how they perform.

• Like 2

Cobra SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 5s
Cobra Radspeed 15.5 Motore X F3 6s
Cobra SZ 18.5 Tensei Blue 65s

Cobra SZ 21.5 Atmos Blue 7s
Cobra Forged Tec X 5-G Recoil 95 F3

Cleveland CBX Zipcore   54/12   58/10
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2

I can't wait for the irons to come in to test them out. I recall getting the message saying that I was selected and I immediately thought this is a perfect birthday gift which is next week!

Thanks to @COBRA PUMA GOLF for the opportunity!! And of course to GolfWRX for making this happen.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Very much looking forward to testing the KING Forged Tec One Length. My wife said it will make a wonderful Father's Day Gift 🤣

A big thank you to @COBRA PUMA GOLF and GolfWRX for the opportunity 

• Like 2

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

First want to give a big thanks to Cobra Puma Golf for allowing us to test these out.  

Little Background

Handicap:  +2

Current Irons: Callaway Apex TCB 

Ordered: KING Forged Tec (4-P) w/ Project X 6.0

I have always been a pretty good iron player but I am not one that works the ball a whole lot.  I play a slight draw with irons but other than that, it is usually just a hold shot. 

Initial Thoughts

I was really surprised when the box arrived, I was not expecting them to arrive so quickly.   Initial thought is that these are really good looking irons.  I had seen them in person before but they looked even better then the last time I saw them.  These do have a little bit of offset but not something that scared me off from them.  Also, the heads are a little bit larger than the Player CB irons that I have played in recent years.  I have included some pictures below comparing my Apex TCB and 2019 T100.  

Unfortunately, I just tested positive for COVID so will not be able to start testing till next weekend but will add much more details and thoughts throughout the testing process.  

D6BF7958-C57E-4FDB-BD5E-A11AFAEEBAA7.jpeg

10DD484C-0DEB-402B-9F7B-9839632A5121.jpeg

2852E38B-A4D9-4F61-A43D-15162E1C805A.jpeg

Edited by Jeffyr11
  • Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Ventus Blue 9 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 50F/55S/60LBK | Project X 6.0

Taylor Made Spider Tour X Proto

Titleist Pro V1

On 6/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, Jeffyr11 said:

First want to give a big thanks to Cobra Puma Golf for allowing us to test these out.  

Little Background

Handicap:  +2

Current Irons: Callaway Apex TCB 

Ordered: KING Forged Tec (4-P) w/ Project X 6.0

I have always been a pretty good iron player but I am not one that works the ball a whole lot.  I play a slight draw with irons but other than that, it is usually just a hold shot. 

Initial Thoughts

I was really surprised when the box arrived, I was not expecting them to arrive so quickly.   Initial thought is that these are really good looking irons.  I had seen them in person before but they looked even better then the last time I saw them.  These do have a little bit of offset but not something that scared me off from them.  Also, the heads are a little bit larger than the Player CB irons that I have played in recent years.  I have included some pictures below comparing my Apex TCB and 2019 T100.  

Unfortunately, I just tested positive for COVID so will not be able to start testing till next weekend but will add much more details and thoughts throughout the testing process.  

D6BF7958-C57E-4FDB-BD5E-A11AFAEEBAA7.jpeg

10DD484C-0DEB-402B-9F7B-9839632A5121.jpeg

2852E38B-A4D9-4F61-A43D-15162E1C805A.jpeg

whoa, not sure if it’s the angle of the picture, but they look huge & with a very thick sole compared to the other two. Curious to hear more once you can hit them!

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

5 minutes ago, getair23 said:

Did anyone go with One Length for testing?

@sailfishchris

• Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

7 hours ago, Damenace613 said:

I did go with the One Length- I'm waiting for mine to be built. The shafts I wanted Nippon Modus are I believe out of stock. 

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

18 hours ago, Seidinho said:

whoa, not sure if it’s the angle of the picture, but they look huge & with a very thick sole compared to the other two. Curious to hear more once you can hit them!

Yes, the heads are bigger on the top line and the sole but the sole is not as bad as the pictures show.  

We will see how they perform, excited to him them.  Have an in-depth comparison as soon as this COVID passes through me.

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Ventus Blue 9 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 50F/55S/60LBK | Project X 6.0

Taylor Made Spider Tour X Proto

Titleist Pro V1

On 6/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, getair23 said:

Did anyone go with One Length for testing?

I did. I just got home from vacation, and mine were delivered last Thursday. At the course now waiting to tee off. Excited to report back my thoughts. I ordered mine stiff with $taper lite, and sonar midsized grips. Will post my first round thoughts and some pictures later. 

• Like 2

Very appreciative of the opportunity from Cobra and Golfwrx to report on my experiences with the FT One Length!  My setup is the stock KBS tour $taper lite 5-GW with Sonar midsized grips.  I  shoot anywhere from mid 80's to mid 90's depending on the day.  I live in the Carolina's so could almost play golf year round if I had the time.  I have always been intrigued with being "different".  I have played about every mini driver, driving iron, minimalist bag, etc over the years. SO when Dechambeau came along I bought the Cobra F7 OL, and played them for 2 years.  This is first set of irons that lasted me over 1 season lol.  I knew I was on to something with OL, but still felt like something was missing in the F7 OL long irons.  The 5 and 6 in that set just didn't get the ball in the air as much as I needed them too.  I tried the OL hybrids and one length utilities without much success either.  Fast forward a few years, and I researched what Cobra had improved on the OL concept.  Different weighted shafts, and variable lie angles throughout the sets  vs the F7 OL. Traded in my F7 OL for the F9 and been playing them ever since. The long irons in the F9 OL are much improved over the F7 in my opinion.  Cobra nailed it with the F9, and I said I would never switch to another set unless something came a long that was a huge improvement.  When the new 2022 FT OL were released I was very intrigued. Read and watched all the reviews I could find, and concluded if anything would knock out my F9 OL this could be it.  Seen the thread on Golfwrx about the opportunity to try a set, and here we are!  

First 9 hole impressions.

*They look really cool

*Coming from the F9 OL these definitely look smaller and look to have less offset. Especially comparing the long irons.

*The $taper lite shaft feels stout, and I was getting a lower penetrating ball flight vs the F9s. 

*These things are crazy accurate.  If I put a good swing on them they were point and shoot.  9-GW was money tonight.  I would sometimes have a tendency to over hook my F9 OL 9i-5i, Don't see that being a problem with the FTOL.  

*The only club I struggled a little with was the 5 iron.  But I have been on vacation, and haven't played in awhile. I also think there will be an adjustment period for me with the long irons as there is a weight difference in the FTOL $taper lite vs the F9OL KBS tour 80 in the long irons.  I also didn't warm up, and just went straight to the course and played a quick 9 tonight. 

*Hopefully I can get 18 in this Thursday and get more reps with all the irons in the set.  

Forgot all about taking pictures. Will post some tomorrow. 

*I do wish Cobra offered a set matching 54 degree SW. I have always liked playing the set matching SW for 100 yards in, and then use a traditional style wedge for bunkers, and the rare flop shot.  I did find sort of a work around.  I bought a custom LTDX One Length SW with a $taper shaft, and it actually blends in pretty well with the FTOL set. 

***Edited to add some photos. F9 vs FT. You can see the profile is a decent amount smaller in the FT. Also the clubs look great in the bag. As you can see from the head covers I am a big Cobra Golf fan***

PXL_20220614_192347466.jpg

PXL_20220614_192429678.MP.jpg

PXL_20220614_192512424.MP.jpg

16552348091297342577706550283318.jpg

16552352145835616298464963351760.jpg

Edited by Pack7483
Added images
  • Like 4

Thanks for the write ups and photos folks! Can't wait to hear more from everyone.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Took some pics to compare the FT X to my gamers of the last 2 years (Cleveland Launcher UHX).

Just about the same size and thickness with a touch less offset and of course the more jacked lofts. 

Got two range sessions in so far and I am most definitely a fan. I was consistently 10-15 yards longer across the bag when struck well and centered and toed strikes (my most common miss hit) seemingly only losing about 10-12 yards but staying on target. Height seemed to be normal for me, maybe even a little higher in the shorter clubs - didn't have a LM I was just using my normal range landmarks and my rangefinder. There's a new, indoor place near me that has Trackman bays for rent so I'm gonna head there next practice session to look at numbers.

Wasn't able to play this week due to work but I will finally this weekend. Very happy so far.

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Kenbone said:

Took some pics to compare the FT X to my gamers of the last 2 years (Cleveland Launcher UHX).

Just about the same size and thickness with a touch less offset and of course the more jacked lofts. 

Got two range sessions in so far and I am most definitely a fan. I was consistently 10-15 yards longer across the bag when struck well and centered and toed strikes (my most common miss hit) seemingly only losing about 10-12 yards but staying on target. Height seemed to be normal for me, maybe even a little higher in the shorter clubs - didn't have a LM I was just using my normal range landmarks and my rangefinder. There's a new, indoor place near me that has Trackman bays for rent so I'm gonna head there next practice session to look at numbers.

Wasn't able to play this week due to work but I will finally this weekend. Very happy so far.

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

Wow...that is about the SAME as my current bag. FTX 5 to PW then SAME Cleveland wedges except we differ in the degrees - mine being Cleveland CBX2 48* and Cleveland Black Full Face 56*

Be interesting to see how your gaping is going to work from your GW on up...

I am contemplating sticking a 52* in mine (combined 48, 52 & 56)

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

21 hours ago, Kenbone said:

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

Wow!! Talk about an upgrade.  Good on WRX and Cobra for this testing. 

I just got my FT-X this week.  I have them in 5-G with KBS TGI 70g.  Took them out today for the first time.  

First impressions are very good.  Such a great feel and sound.  Seem like same distance as my PXG0211 perhaps a few yards longer.    

The real battle will be when my Gen5  0311 with SteelFiber 80 arrive! 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

3 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I am contemplating sticking a 52* in mine (combined 48, 52 & 56)

Yep - same here. Probably gonna order a 52* CBX as well. I already have a 50* and a 56* so then I would have everything but a 60* which I don't get along with.

• Like 1

I’m following this as I just purchased a set of the Tec-x.  They were the clear winners at my fitting. I’ve been to the range and so far I’m happy with the purchase, first round is tomorrow. At the range I find the GW to fly higher and a bit shorter than my 52* zipcore YMMV. In general the ball flights are higher than the X20’s I was using. 

• Like 1

Played 18 today with the FT OL. Really starting to like them.  Hitting the GW-9 iron really well.  Almost holed one from 125 out with the PW.  Overall not as forgiving on miss hits as the F9 OL, But as I get use to them the dispersion is better, and the feel is great when you flush one.  Still hitting the longer irons a little low, but distance is really good.  I looked up the specs and the $taper lite are 115 grams and my F9 5 iron has the KBS 80gram shaft so I think it's a tempo and mental thing that will sort itself out the more I play with them. Looking forward to the next round, and if my schedule allows a few range sessions next week.  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 9:11 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Wow!! Talk about an upgrade.  Good on WRX and Cobra for this testing. 

I just got my FT-X this week.  I have them in 5-G with KBS TGI 70g.  Took them out today for the first time.  

First impressions are very good.  Such a great feel and sound.  Seem like same distance as my PXG0211 perhaps a few yards longer.    

The real battle will be when my Gen5  0311 with SteelFiber 80 arrive! 

Interested in hearing how you like the KBS TGI 70. I was close to ordering the FT with graphite, but have played KBS steel shafts for years.  I don't get along with hybrids so was thinking of ordering a LTDX 4 iron or the FT-X 4 iron with the KBS TGI 70 to fill the gap between my 5w and 5iron.  I use to own the Ricky Fowler style F9 4 iron and loved it. Should of never sold it.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pack7483 said:

Interested in hearing how you like the KBS TGI 70. I was close to ordering the FT with graphite, but have played KBS steel shafts for years.  I don't get along with hybrids so was thinking of ordering a LTDX 4 iron or the FT-X 4 iron with the KBS TGI 70 to fill the gap between my 5w and 5iron.  I use to own the Ricky Fowler style F9 4 iron and loved it. Should of never sold it.  

So far. One full round and I like them.  They feel lively and stable enough but yet the weight savings from my 95 and 105g steel shafts is significant.   I have always been a KBS Fan.  Both steel and graphite.  I had the TGI 85? In my 2019 T300 and I’ve had CTL in Mizuno Hot Metals and KBS 90 in some previous.

So far the TGI 70 are my favorites.   But qualifier. I have some Gen5 0311 in SteelFiber I80 arriving Monday.  So it’ll be fun to put those up against the FT-X 

• Like 2

Vokey

On 6/18/2022 at 7:37 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

So far. One full round and I like them.  They feel lively and stable enough but yet the weight savings from my 95 and 105g steel shafts is significant.   I have always been a KBS Fan.  Both steel and graphite.  I had the TGI 85? In my 2019 T300 and I’ve had CTL in Mizuno Hot Metals and KBS 90 in some previous.

So far the TGI 70 are my favorites.   But qualifier. I have some Gen5 0311 in SteelFiber I80 arriving Monday.  So it’ll be fun to put those up against the FT-X 

That's an interesting range of TGIs you've gone thru. What made you pick the TGI 70 over the TGI 85s that were available?

Now, a $349 PXG club versus a $185 FTX... that would be a fun test especially if the PXG is customed tuned to your swing with all those weights. Bring it oN...

😋

• Like 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

I now have 1 short range session and 4 complete rounds in and really happy with the performance of these irons. Took a little bit to get used to (as would any new set) in terms of distance but now seem to have them pretty dialed in. The scoring irons (8-PW) are tremendous in terms of trajectory, feel and stoppage. 

Still struggling a bit with the 4-5 irons but when they are hit well, they are rocket launchers. I hit a 5 iron last night that flew dead straight but went a little farther than I anticipated (carried about 225 and then jumped on a firm fairway). I have not hit a great tee ball with the 4 iron yet but have used it quite a bit on 2nd shots into par 5s which is great to have an iron in your hand.

Looks

Really appealing looking. Top line not too thick, perfect frame of the ball, sits nice and square (pictures make is seem like they are closed but they’re not). Head size is just right, especially on 8-PW. They exude confidence and look great in my bag!

Feel

One of the best attribute of these irons is the super solid feeling when you hit the center or near center of the club face. Especially on par 3s or using a lower iron to tee off, the feel is pure and a little squishy (in a good way) and not clunky or thin. Mishits will still not feel great but still perform (more on that below) but the sweet spot of these irons seems to be pretty large. This is the first set of irons that I’ve used that are hollow and have some much technology and you can definitely feel it on well struck shots. I can confidently say they feel better on center strikes than my TM forged irons and my Maltby forged irons.

Distance

Holy sh*t. These irons are rocket launchers. It helps that the lofts are jacked up and that took some serious adjustment for me but the feel, technology and performance make these irons stand out. Hitting these, I am a half club longer and the forgiveness in these keeps the ball in the air and going at the target WAY longer than my current irons. Regarding the lofts, I need to make about 1.5 club adjustment and be sure I am hitting the right iron to avoid a serious issue. I went with the 4-PW and given the lofts, I needed to keep my TM PW in the bag to fill the gap which is fine since the PW is my favorite and most reliable club anyways- now I get to carry 2!!

In terms of examples, I have been averaging about 225 carry with the 5 iron which is close to 20 yards further and am now able to hit way more 9 irons (about 155 yds) and PW (about 145) into mid-range par 3s. Being able to hit shorter irons more often into greens has been awesome. I have also been able to tee off on shorter par 4s with a 6 iron and still get it out there over 200. The distance gain for me has improved my GIR and FW accuracy over the last few rounds.

Performance

The one standout for me has been performance. These irons started to feel and perform great from the first ball I hit. The biggest thing for me is what appears to be a self-correcting ball flight feature in that approach shots stay on line WAY longer, where as they used to fade off to the right. Not sure if that is the tungsten toe weight or not (I think it is) but the performance is real. The ball flight is mid to high (I hit it high anyways) and but still penetrates and my balls were less affected by the wind.

That’s not to say the clubs hit the ball for you, I have still hit some bad slices with long irons and dubbed a few approaches but my mediocre shots are now better and my good shots are great shots. Again, I think it’s a combination of the technology, the lofts and the ability to hit shorter irons all around the golf course.

Cobra- you have a winner here for sure and a believer in me. So glad I was chosen for this. I am going to keep playing these and will do another report soon.

4iball.jpg

7iball.jpg

Bag1.jpg

Bag2.jpg

PWball.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, SwingBlues said:

That's an interesting range of TGIs you've gone thru. What made you pick the TGI 70 over the TGI 85s that were available?

Now, a $349 PXG club versus a $185 FTX... that would be a fun test especially if the PXG is customed tuned to your swing with all those weights. Bring it oN...

😋

Yes it is quite the range.   I went with the   TGI 70 due to the fact I felt from the start the 85’s in the T300 just didn’t feel right to me for some reason.   Even though I had Played heavier in steel.  Just felt unbalanced.  

The Gen5’s arrived Monday as scheduled.  Got out yesterday with them.  And results were vey good.  

Had 5 good birdie looks, and by good o mean within 15 feet or less.  As opposed to 20 to 30 feet it seems usually when o hit a green.   

also flew the pin on 5 or 6 holes.  And I never do that.  Usually I’m short by a club.   

Im supposed to play tomorrow in a league.  But good chance of rain.  If it does.  I’ll take both sets into our pavilion and set up my hitting next and Mevo to get some comparisons.  

• Like 1

Vokey

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yes it is quite the range.   I went with the   TGI 70 due to the fact I felt from the start the 85’s in the T300 just didn’t feel right to me for some reason.   Even though I had Played heavier in steel.  Just felt unbalanced.  

The Gen5’s arrived Monday as scheduled.  Got out yesterday with them.  And results were vey good.  

Had 5 good birdie looks, and by good o mean within 15 feet or less.  As opposed to 20 to 30 feet it seems usually when o hit a green.   

also flew the pin on 5 or 6 holes.  And I never do that.  Usually I’m short by a club.   

Im supposed to play tomorrow in a league.  But good chance of rain.  If it does.  I’ll take both sets into our pavilion and set up my hitting next and Mevo to get some comparisons.  

Yep, that's personal for sure. I am the opposite, with my testing against my prior gamers, JPX921 Hot Metal Pros, I actually prefer the KBS TGI 95s (taper tip) in my HMP over the 85s in the FTX. The feel of the 95 is so much smoother but my PRGR is showing I am getting +1-2 mph consistently with the 85s. For now, I'll live with the 85s. I also have the TGI 100s in all my A & S wedges, never gonna give those 100s up. I think 85 and the 100, is not the best, seamless balance but that's OK...

Let's see some pics of the PXG vs FTX, that would be such a contrast 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Yep, that's personal for sure. I am the opposite, with my testing against my prior gamers, JPX921 Hot Metal Pros, I actually prefer the KBS TGI 95s (taper tip) in my HMP over the 85s in the FTX. The feel of the 95 is so much smoother but my PRGR is showing I am getting +1-2 mph consistently with the 85s. For now, I'll live with the 85s. I also have the TGI 100s in all my A & S wedges, never gonna give those 100s up. I think 85 and the 100, is not the best, seamless balance but that's OK...

Yeah.  No doubt feel and comfort is definitely an individual thing in a lot of cases.   I have recoil 95 in some ZX7 and  I love the feel of those.  Ha. Go figure 

I’ll definitely get some comparison pics soon. 

• Thanks 1

Vokey

20 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Here you go, a few pics to get you started.  No side by side LM data yet.  Played today in the rain.  So all bundled up and wet it was tough to give the PXG a fair assessment.  They did as well as could be expected in the conditions. 

0311 XP on the left 

2CADBA38-1177-4679-8AD2-9033F0E03081.jpeg.8a176314fbebbe41eb9cd87f06d6d361.jpeg

2CADBA38-1177-4679-8AD2-9033F0E03081.jpeg.8a176314fbebbe41eb9cd87f06d6d361.jpeg

0311 makes the FTX look smaller than it really is 

71A638C7-DC49-47C2-B9E7-C8551B7A621E.jpeg.991f780ce573c4093a34b8944a4d37ba.jpeg

B7AECE5D-AA88-4B3A-A7C1-4059FB342F91.jpeg

0311 on left 

F1F5B9DA-3942-4D09-97F0-CCC03C32C501.jpeg.3adf523fd7c4cf6683d420a3442016da.jpeg

PW at address 

3C1CF367-788E-44F6-8393-67071E884C43.jpeg.c3a7051ed5155a4aac0aed422886797e.jpeg

A0D59876-54CE-4948-853C-DB477EAD3FD9.jpeg.407bbb0f5fe23ac84ef0d6147144f154.jpeg

F3DDF61B-1AAF-4EDB-BBDD-D4E2A4A4CFB9.jpeg

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2
  • Thanks 1

Vokey

Thanks for the comparison pics. I thought the PXG would have a thinner top line and perhaps no offset but it's pretty darn close.

For GI irons, the FTX definitely hold it's own against the PXG... very nice Cobra.

I seriously think Cobra has now redefined GI distance irons where shape is not obnoxiously big "to inspire confidence".

Now it's a question of which is more buttery & forgiving - swing test & really, it's the battle of the Tungstens

👍 Thanks, great set of clubs, enjoy the testing

• Like 1

To me. They are both great looking GI clubs.  But I agree.  Cobra has really raised the bar with the FT-X release.   I had the 2020 version of the FT and didn’t really like anything about therm.  From a feel, sound or performance standpoint.   But they nailed every aspect of these.  

I may do one WRX’er thing.  I didn’t order a 0311 5 iron as I historically don’t hit them much further than my 6.  And I didn’t need another $300 club that went the same distance.   But I have hit the FT-X 5 iron on course and both times I got the needed yardage out of it.   So I may stick that in the last iron slot.  The shafts are close enough in weight.  I don’t think it would be a huge change. 

• Like 2

Vokey