2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

4 minutes ago, auD said:

I had this huge gash from my alignment stick... I was so pissed, so I sanded it down in anticipation of painting it, but then I got lazy and just polished it. Now it just looks matte lol.

IMG-9343.jpg

IMG-9370.jpg

IMG-9391.jpg

IMG-9394.jpg

You are a really funny person. Can't believe you did that. Maybe not the best idea to post it here, as Titleist may steal it for the next generation. You actually turned a TSi matte. And it really looks good

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

7 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

I don't think it was the color that made that line a "flop".... The drivers just seemed to lack pop considering what they were up against at the time.  The 917f is a really good fww and easily kept up with the TSi2 when I was looking to upgrade, wound up sticking with the 917 and still game it.

I can appreciate that Titleist is not trying to reinvent the wheel here, the TSi line is awesome and a definite upgrade from previous drivers they released.  These are nice but I won't be dropping my TSi3 for one.

Totally with you on this. Aesthetics do matter to me, but numbers matter more.

Edited by bobfoster

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

1 hour ago, bobfoster said:

Glad to finally see these. Beautiful fer sure.

Thing is, I've been playing a TSi3 for a while now (and a TSi2 3W, 5W, and hybrid), and am in love with the club. In fact ordered a new TSi3 with a custom shaft - just making final tweaks to ball flight. (Ordered it over six weeks ago now, still hasn't arrived, grumble grumble, but that's another issue.) The TSi3 is perhaps the most responsive driver I've ever played. I know better than to say "best driver ever" - people's games are so different - but I can say "best driver I've ever played". Everything from the aesthetics to the technology (to the Trackman numbers) just suits my game.

Fairly long (important), really workable (IMO, more important) and surprisingly forgiving (well, relatively speaking - Titleist doesn't even pretend to make drivers for weekenders that hit off the heel or toe - but slightly off center hits aren't punished that badly). 

So I guess that while the TSr3 is pretty, it is not that much prettier, and I'll wait until some numbers and reviews start coming in. I'm incredibly satisfied with my TSi, and I'm wondering whether the TSr is just one of those micro-adjustments made more for marketing than performance reasons (I was one of the idiots that "upgraded" from the 905 to the 907). Titleist (just my opinion) has been responsible for major technology advancements, but really every five or six years they introduce an entirely new concept. They release new clubs every two years however, because there is a segment of golfers that will just buy the next new thing no matter what (almost all of whom have accounts on WRX 🤣). The change from the D to the TS series in 2018 was huge. The change from the 905 to the 907 was micro.

They did make adjustments in some of the TSr clubs for adjusting weights, but really, doesn't appear to be anything other than different means to achieve the same end. And the only thing I ever adjust by a bit is the loft/lie on the hosel. Never want to adjust the back for a draw or fade bias (I want neutral, draw/fade done with stance and grip, not club weights for goodness sake - if I gave a club a draw bias, I'd have to fight the club to do a baby fade - why? Was fun to see the DJ WTIB from the US Open. He's got his TSr at neutral). 

From all I can see (just from pics), the TSi to TSr (so far) looks like one of those micro year changes. I do have an open mind and soft spot in my heart when it comes to Titleist drivers (and Mizuno irons), and if the numbers, reviews, and performance say there is a substantive improvement, I'll be totally ready to click the Confirm Purchase button in a heartbeat. 

But right now, all I know is that I have a driver that seems custom designed to fit my eye and my swing, and it is gonna take a lot to kick it out of my bag. 

PS. Final note that struck me as very weird. The difference between the TSi4 and TSr4. Looks like a really dramatic difference. The bottom of the TSr4 looks quite elongated relative to the TSi4. I played a TSi2 for a short time (switched to the TSi3 because the TSi2 had a tendency to balloon). But the sole of the TSr4 actually looks as long as the TSi2. 

PPS. Want to mention how much I appreciate WRX. Seven pages and growing on the minute differences between two generations of Titleist Drivers and FWs. Some of my playing buddies are pretty good golfers, but couldn't imagine having this sort of conversation with them. This place is cool.

Agree 💯 on the TSi3.  Best driver I've ever had for ME.  Like it so much I bought a spare with identical aftermarket shaft just in case something happened.  Also played the spare to be sure it works like the gamer (spoiler...it does). 

I will buy the TSR3 just because that's what I do as a club ho.  Really can't imagine it being any better for me and that's ok if it's not.  No issues continuing to play with the TSi3 for the foreseeable future.

If by chance the TSR3 is noticeably better by some freak chance...well holy crap.

Titleist TSR3 Driver
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2
Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 3i

Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60*
Byron Morgan 615

Callaway Chrome Tour

8 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

I don't think it was the color that made that line a "flop".... The drivers just seemed to lack pop considering what they were up against at the time.  The 917f is a really good fww and easily kept up with the TSi2 when I was looking to upgrade, wound up sticking with the 917 and still game it.

I can appreciate that Titleist is not trying to reinvent the wheel here, the TSi line is awesome and a definite upgrade from previous drivers they released.  These are nice but I won't be dropping my TSi3 for one.

I'm still gaming the 917F. I really did think that the drivers were complete duds against the field.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Maybe it's an omen. I saw these TSr pics right before I teed of today and had the best driving day I can remember with my TSi3. These new ones look awesome, but there's very little chance that I'm "upgrading".

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour Chrome 2.0 
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

13 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

Either way, the lighter colored crown was not well received.

I agree the 917 Drivers definitely lacked pop, and the fairways weren’t as bad. The main reason I never liked the 917 line is I thought all of them sat shut (closed)!

The TSi woods mostly TSi3 Driver & TSi2 fairways have been amazing! I love that I don’t have to turn them down in loft for it to sit slightly square to open. 

Main reason I brought up the old gray sparkle paint job is when you look at a car that’s silver or gray with some dirt or scratches it is not as noticeable as high gloss black. Any wear/blemish/smudge on the top of the TS or TSi woods it’s very noticeable

The big news here for me is the 4. Looks  to be the biggest evolution in the model line as it may be a bit more forgiving given the back weight, while keeping the more compact design and low spin. 

the lack of a front weight in the tsi3 was a mental block to me which I tried to resolve by adding a healthy chunk of lead tape, but I was afraid the 4 wouldn’t be forgiving enough, so now right as I was about to pull the trigger on a rogue TD LS, I’m going to have to wait for this…

Edited by NNJ
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, buckeyefl said:

What makes you sure of that?

Any difference is going to be small to nothing. We have long been in the realm of tweaking to get every last yard/forgiveness.

Well, in my opinion, the TSI were Titleist’s best woods in many years in terms of looks, feel, forgiveness, and distance.  Sure, the last two were probably very marginal over prior year’s versions, but at this point if it looks good, feels good, and is 1% more forgiving and goes 2 yards farther…then I’m interested.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I'm a bit disappointed how similar the new one looks just because I like seeing new things, but I really couldn't hit my TSi3 much better so I won't complain. Could hope for slight improvements with a bit less spin and better sound if I wanted anything different, basically what TSi did compared to TS. Will certainly pre order to the driver when able and test it out. Hoping the fairway wood doesn't sit so closed like TSi3 (TS3 didn't do this) and it doesn't go too far. Might lean back toward TM fairway wood if this is the case.

This is my main thing - that TSr 3 fw doesn’t sit closed like TSi3 fw did. As you said TS3 didn’t do this and even TSi2 doesn’t sit closed. Fix Titleist - fix! 🙂

9 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Id prefer a matte head but I love my TSi4 so much that the gloss does not bother me anymore.  Hope they have 8* available in the new 4 model. 

8,9, and 10.  They got you covered.

image.png.532d5fc8323169a13ecf779be83cdea8.png

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

wow these are amazing. 

Driver- Titleist 9* TSI3 Fujikura Speeder Evo V1 569

3W-  Cobra Speedzone 14.5* / Oban Isawa Red

Hybrid - Taylormade 19* Sim Max / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Proto

Irons- Callaway Apex 2021 5 thru AW  / LA golf Tour AXS Red 

Wedges- Vokey SM8 Jet Black 54* & 58*  

Putter- SIK C Series DW 

For those of us with a (ahem, cough, cough) non wrx swing speed, does anyone know what is happening with the 1?  I have the original TS1 and skipped the TSi1 but could be tempted…..

• Like 2

Titleist TSi1 10 degree driver 

TM Stealth 4 and 7 woods
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Vokey 54 D grind 58 D grind
Scotty Newport 2.5 Special Select

TM Tour Response balls

H2NO stand bag

Still don't like the look of the drivers, but the fairways look better than the TSI's. 

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

14 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Finally time for an upgrade! 

I may be trading some things in for some Titleist woods.. 

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

8 hours ago, NNJ said:

The big news here for me is the 4. Looks  to be the biggest evolution in the model line as it may be a bit more forgiving given the back weight, while keeping the more compact design and low spin. 

the lack of a front weight in the tsi3 was a mental block to me which I tried to resolve by adding a healthy chunk of lead tape, but I was afraid the 4 wouldn’t be forgiving enough, so now right as I was about to pull the trigger on a rogue TD LS, I’m going to have to wait for this…

The TSR4 has me very intrigued. I am playing a Mavrik Subzero and this looks to have the same kind weight system. Looks to have the ability to have more control over feel and spin. I put the 14 weight in the rear and a 5 up front on my Mavrik and it changed the feel of the driver and made it more stable for me.

WHATS IN THE BAG 2024

DRIVER - TAYLORMADE M5 9* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70 6.5

3WOOD- TAYLORMADE M6 15* PROJECT X HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80 6.5

DRIVING IRON- TAYLORMADE SIM UDI #2 MITSUBISHI DIAMANA THUMP HYBRID 100 XSTIFF

3-PW- MIZUNO MP-53 DYNAMIC GOLD S300

WEDGES- TITLEIST VOKEY SM6 53*S /58*S DYNAMIC GOLD WEDGE

PUTTER- PING G2 ANSER 33.5"  PING PP58 MIDSIZE 

BALL- 21 TAYLORMADE TP5X / 23 SRIXON Z STAR

GRIPS- GOLF PRIDE TOUR VELVET PLUS 4 STANDARD

Wonder if they'll offer the TSR3 in the 11* loft like they do/did the TSi3.  Even though I hit up on the ball I tend to deloft the driver so the 11* has been the perfect answer for me without having to buy a 10* and loft it up and close the face.   Fingers crossed on an 11* offering!!!  🤞

Titleist TSR3 Driver
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2
Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 3i

Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60*
Byron Morgan 615

Callaway Chrome Tour

I'm predicting the TSr2 head will be the special head in this bunch.  By the looks, they moved more weight low and back, kind've similar in shape to what we've seen w/ the TM heads of late with their "inertia generator".  Turn that concept into a more forgiving package.  TSr3 will likely also still be really good but I don't foresee it being a leap forward over the TSi3 as it looks to be almost identical in design.

I love my TSi2 driver/3 wood but the TSr2 line looks awesome.

Excited to hit them and compare to my current set-up.

I can't see myself changing out my Tensei Raw White shafts but will be interested in what Titleist will offer for stock shafts with a similar profile.

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

51 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Wonder if they'll offer the TSR3 in the 11* loft like they do/did the TSi3.  Even though I hit up on the ball I tend to deloft the driver so the 11* has been the perfect answer for me without having to buy a 10* and loft it up and close the face.   Fingers crossed on an 11* offering!!!  🤞

The 11 is on the USGA conforming list in both TSr2 LH and RH and the 3 RH. No guarantee this goes to market but shows their intent.

578C6928-9B05-471C-90A2-7F453FB88ABD.jpeg.896f508b1d40fed2e57c4159fe0f4ab9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• easyyy unfeatured this topic