2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

1 hour ago, SaVo_ said:

would you say the 1k Black felt similar to the Ventus blue for you? Currently gaming the Hzardous might look into switching it out for the 1k Black 

Take this with a grain of salt as I hit less than a dozen balls indoors 10 days ago and have been using my G410 LST w/TRONO 65x all week, but if memory serves me right I’d rank them in order of feel/stiffness.  

Ventus Blue➡️1K Black➡️Blue TR➡️Ventus Black

Maybe more WRX’rs can chime in here.  Not much info on this shaft (yet).

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

Quick Review:

Coming from a cracked Sim2. The crown cracked while at the range, and I knew the TSR was only a few weeks out, so I borrowed a demo Stealth Plus Head  from our pro and played it the last 60 days or so. Kind of a blessing but TaylorMade sent a Stealth Plus head to replace mine, and I immediately sold it for TSR cash. Have to admit, like the Stealth far better than the Sim2. Was an easy transition since I have my shafts I generally like Tour AD XC 6x and a Diamana ZF in 6TX.  So plug and play and the head was quite a bit better.

So moving on to the TSR. I ordered with the stock Hzrdus in a 6.5. Kind of a blind guess, but sent my shafts to get the tips swapped to Titleist Adapters. I didn’t get fit, but went with the TSR3 as I’ve hit a TSI3 a few times and felt it to be the best fit. (No Titleist demo days near me as I’m in a rural area) 

It came in yesterday, swapped to a Golf Pride Multi Compound grip. Today, I had a few minutes to get in a quick 9 holes. Took my breakfast ball on hole 1 and neither tee shot was great. Loved the hot feel on the face. Feels like a trampoline coming from the TaylorMade. Move to hole 2, I hit a low missile down the fairway with no spin that ran out forever. 25 yards past my usual area on the hole. Hole 3 a tight tree lined par 4, missile down the middle, leaving 68 yards in. (Hole plays 382) On and on and on…after the first tee box, I hit 5/5 fairways, all of them going 20+ yards past my usual spots. This thing is LONG, HOT, and very surprisingly forgiving. I worried it might be a hard to hit in the center, but this thing is a dream. Is it a honeymoon? Maybe. But man it was fun. Already looking forward to Thursday when my usual shafts arrive and I can play around on the range. I’m in love! 😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaVo_ said:

would you say the 1k Black felt similar to the Ventus blue for you? Currently gaming the Hzardous might look into switching it out for the 1k Black 

The 1k black feels a smidge more flex than the hzardous. I hate the hazardous with a passion. The 1k black was ok. I’d go…

Ventus blue. Ventus TR blue. 1k/hazrdous tie from whip to rebar feeling. 

57 minutes ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

The 1k black feels a smidge more flex than the hzardous. I hate the hazardous with a passion. The 1k black was ok. I’d go…

Ventus blue. Ventus TR blue. 1k/hazrdous tie from whip to rebar feeling. 

With Ventus black being most rebar?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

9 hours ago, mgcgolfr said:

Ordered 16.5* TSR2 Fairway on 9/9 with a Titleist rep at a fitting at my club, order has been saying In Process for over a week when I clicked view order on the original email. Just a got an email from Titleist saying the has been an update to the status of my order. Got excited and thought it meant it was shipping, but no just an email showing it is "In Process". Was holding out hope it would arrive by the end of the month, but starting to think I should expect it the 7th or later in October. 

Since you got an additional email update, with status still saying in process, I expect it should ship within 3-4 days after that. 

I had the same thing happen to me. Email update for two different orders. Both said “in process”.  But they had already shown that for about two weeks. This time they both shipped within 3 days of that second email. 

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

35 minutes ago, Arlin964 said:

Since you got an additional email update, with status still saying in process, I expect it should ship within 3-4 days after that. 

I had the same thing happen to me. Email update for two different orders. Both said “in process”.  But they had already shown that for about two weeks. This time they both shipped within 3 days of that second email. 

Ordered today from Dallas Golf. TSr2 Driver w/ a custom shaft and grip. Shipping Thursday overnight, arriving Friday, gaming this weekend. 

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

Just now, bobfoster said:

Ordered today from Dallas Golf. TSr2 Driver w/ a custom shaft and grip. Shipping Thursday overnight, arriving Friday, gaming this weekend. 

That’s incredible!

Also, I love Dallas Golf. Austin is top notch. 

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

9 hours ago, Arlin964 said:

Ok awesome, that is good to hear. I will report back when I get the shipping notification. If it is similar to your experience I should hopefully get a tracking number by Friday.

I was able to hit the TSr3 fairways yesterday finally, look is perfect for me, very natural progression from my 917F3, but I don’t agree with the 1K black. Numbers were good but it feels very harsh to me, same impression I had in the driver. Makes me feel better about my sight unseen order, though I’ll likely need to look at different shafts. Also thinking I may need to swap it for a 16.5, spin was still pretty low with a 16.5 turned down slightly. 

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist T200 3 Utility Build Thump 90-X
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

TSr3 in the bag;  TSr4 on the Fedex truck!;  TSr2 & TSr2+ on order.....thanks DD!!

• Like 2

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

1 hour ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

I was able to hit the TSr3 fairways yesterday finally, look is perfect for me, very natural progression from my 917F3, but I don’t agree with the 1K black. Numbers were good but it feels very harsh to me, same impression I had in the driver. Makes me feel better about my sight unseen order, though I’ll likely need to look at different shafts. Also thinking I may need to swap it for a 16.5, spin was still pretty low with a 16.5 turned down slightly. 

Id be interested in the 1K Black fairway shaft...just throwing it out there haha

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

7 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Has anyone comparred the 8 & 9* TSR3? The 8 isn’t available near me for testing, and wondering it’s a spin killer…don’t need more help with 900 RPM o

I got fit from 9* into the 8* and tried both in TSR as well, the 8* is slightly lower spin for me, nothing crazy.  The 9* was just not optimal.  

49 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

TSr3 in the bag;  TSr4 on the Fedex truck!;  TSr2 & TSr2+ on order.....thanks DD!!

Wow the full line! Do you just like to swing them all a bit to see what the right fit is for you then get rid of the ones that don't, or is it a case where you'll swap them out here and there depending on what you're wanting?

5 minutes ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Wow the full line! Do you just like to swing them all a bit to see what the right fit is for you then get rid of the ones that don't, or is it a case where you'll swap them out here and there depending on what you're wanting?

This is WRX sir, we carry all 5 of our drivers to the course and test them on the driving range to see which one fits our swing that day before we hit the course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

They are all being tested with multiple shafts to see what combinations will provide varying launch conditions for weather/course conditions.  May keep several or sell them all...WRX works

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

26 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

They are all being tested with multiple shafts to see what combinations will provide varying launch conditions for weather/course conditions.  May keep several or sell them all...WRX works

That's awesome you can do that. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you, as for the time being I'm likely living vicariously through other WRX'ers.

My new TSR3 driver and TSR2 3 wood showed up yesterday and I was able to get in a quick 9 after work and figured I would share my initial impressions. 

TSR 3 8* turned down to 7.25* w/ Ventus Black 7x.-

- WOW, I was hitting it well in my fitting but gaming it on the course really put into perspective how good this club really is. The look/sound/feel IMO are perfect and the face is really hot, everywhere. My miss tends to be a little extra sauce on a cut. This new head shaft combo has taken that mis and made it playable, without losing any distance. When squared the ball knuckles and just carries forever. I struggled to turn the ball over at all but thats more of a me issue then the club I believe and will just get used to consistently playing the power cut. Really happy though and cant wait to get some more rounds in with it. 

TSR2 15* turned down to 14.25 w/ ADUB 8x - 

- This club is crazy easy to hit/launch consistently. I think it took me 2 swings in my fitting to get synced up with this and was able to carry that confidence onto the course yesterday. The ball just seems to come off dead straight every time and in the same window which I love. I pretty much only hit 3 wood off the tee and this club is a fantastic fairway finder for me. Mis hits are much less penalizing then the 910F I was playing prior.

Overall really happy with both clubs. I dont think I gained a ton of distance over my old stuff on solid strikes but I absolutely gained consistency and forgiveness with this setup. The ball just jumps off both clubs, comes out in the same window, and ultimately is very predictable. Titleist nailed it IMO. 

Had a fitting with one of the UK reps a few weeks ago. I currently use a TSi2 after previously using a TS3 but got fit back into the 3 model with a 10* TSR3 head at B1 setting with T1 setting in the weight track & moved into the Tensei 1K Black stiff shaft from the previous Hzrdus shaft offering. 

Received it today for 9 holes and it feels so solid playing a high baby draw. Without doubt the best driver I've ever purchased.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• Like 1

WITB

default_titelist-small.jpg 

TSR3 10 DR
TSi2 15 FW

TSi3 18 HY
U.500 (3 & 4)
620 MB (5-PW)
Vokey Spin Milled 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Concept 1

Took a TSR2 with ADUB 6S out today, and the results were mixed. Felt like i had to be incredibly deliberate and conscious of my tempo for the results to be good. Any time I tried to put a little more into itc the shaft felt pretty loose. I think ventus Tr blue is going to end up being the shaft that goes in it. 

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

3 hours ago, ChrisGio315 said:

Id be interested in the 1K Black fairway shaft...just throwing it out there haha

Haha unfortunately I went with the Tensei raw white but I may not end up in that one either.

• Like 1

Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

ProV1x

54 minutes ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

Am I crazy…..

Do the 2 fairway woods sit a little open? And the 3 seems more neutral?

It was hard to tell at Dicks with all the plastic and shackles on the clubs to deter theft to really tell. 

They all seem pretty neutral to me. It’s hard for me to really tell with the shallow face on the 2 but it didn’t seem super open to me.

Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

ProV1x

• easyyy unfeatured this topic