2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Billy Horschel and PGA Tour/DP World Tour Hypocrisy

DaddySwagMaster

8 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

I suppose they could go to the extreme and say any player suspended by a tour will have his owgr points paused for the duration.  So they would have essentially zero points.  Then the LIV would essentially be my Saturday game….sure we’ll  give you ranking points but without having anyone in your field with any points their will be no points to distribute. 🫢

They can and they will do a lot of things in 2023-24. The most important thing will be stopping all renegades from playing in the majors......especially the Masters. I have no idea as to how the tour will do it, but it will be done.....

I foresee the term "In good standing" being tossed around a great deal.

Edited by Titleist99

1 minute ago, Titleist99 said:

They can and they will do a lot of things in 2023-24. The most important thing will be stopping all renegades from playing in the majors......especially the Masters. I have no idea as to how the tour will do it, but it will be done.....

Doubt that will happen but I’d love to see it.

I posted this in the LIV thread but I’ll add it here.  The folks in Portland agree with you as well.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34152449/liv-golf-headed-oregon-first-stop-us-many-local-officials-oppose-event

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

50 minutes ago, Titleist99 said:

An eight series exhibition tournament with no cut and no way to qualify will never get world ranking points no matter how much you wish it to be so. 

I'll leave it to you to figure out the average ranking of the players that should rival a D1 college program....

What does a cut have to do with it?  What purpose does a cut serve?

A cut just reduces the field so you don't have to continue with foursomes on Saturday and Sunday.

It doesn't make the event harder to win necessarily. A no cut event isn't easier to win.  As you are oft to say in the distance debate thread, lowest score wins.

The reason it doesn't get owgr points is that it hasn't met the 12 month existence criteria. Nor has it applied. That's it. Has nothing to do with a lack of cut or 54 holes.

Check out some of the tours that also receive OWGR points.  Plenty have 54 hole events.

Now, LIV may not now or ever get owgr points but it won't be due to strength of field or lack of cut or because it is a 54 hole event, unless the owgr guys change their rules.

https://progolfnow.com/2022/06/05/rbc-canadian-open-liv-golf-fields/

Edited by smashdn

2 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Doubt that will happen but I’d love to see it.

I posted this in the LIV thread but I’ll add it here.  The folks in Portland agree with you as well.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34152449/liv-golf-headed-oregon-first-stop-us-many-local-officials-oppose-event

LIV is not a tour, it's an eight-tournament series that's capable of buying its strength of field and manipulating the results or outcome to suit their purpose......the field consist of GN employees. I suspect that there will be protest at every event in the states.

17 minutes ago, Titleist99 said:

LIV is not a tour, it's an eight-tournament series that's capable of buying its strength of field and manipulating the results or outcome to suit their purpose......the field consist of GN employees. I suspect that there will be protest at every event in the states.

Are you that out of touch with what’s going on in this country lately that you think anyone other than an extremely small group of people really cares enough about this to protest at these events, and an even smaller group cares whether they do?

Face it, LIV isn’t going anywhere. In fact it’s getting bigger every day. You have a choice, continue beating your head against the wall and getting angry about it, or accept that it is a thing and move on. 

Edited by john myrbch
  • Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

PING G425 3W 14.5* & 5W 17.5*

PING G425 4H 22** & 5H 26* 

CALLAWAY Apex DCB 6-AW 

CALLAWAY Raw Face 54-10 

CLEVELAND  RTX Zipcore 58-6 

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

12 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

Are you that out of touch with what’s going on in this country lately that you think anyone other than an extremely small group of people really cares enough about this to protest at these events, and an even smaller group cares whether they do?

Face it, LIV isn’t going anywhere. In fact it’s getting bigger every day. You have a choice, continue beating your head against the wall and getting angry about it, or accept that it is a thing and move on. 

You've never been more wrong----I couldn't care less about LIV exhibition or anyone affiliated with it. Stay or go it doesn't affect me one way or another. I don't worry about millionaires making more millions. Sorry to disappoint you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

Did you read the article I posted about Portland? Appears not. Here’s the pertinent part to those in Portland…justified anger imo…Greg would call it a simple mistake.

But in Oregon, there also is anger over the hit-and-run death of Fallon Smart in 2016. She was 15 when she was killed on a Portland street.

Saudi student Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah, who was in college in Oregon, was facing a trial on first-degree murder charges when he removed a tracking device and vanished. U.S. authorities believe the Saudi government helped arrange for a fake passport and provided a private jet for travel back to Saudi Arabia. The case was featured on "60 Minutes."

"It's wrong to be silent when Saudi Arabia tries to cleanse blood-stained hands, in the fight for Oregonians to get justice -- Fallon Smart was killed very close to our house in Southeast Portland, and the person charged with the crime, a hit-and-run death, was, based on all the evidence, whisked out of the country by the Saudis before he stood for trial," Wyden said in an interview with The Associated Press

3 hours ago, smashdn said:

What does a cut have to do with it?  What purpose does a cut serve?

A cut just reduces the field so you don't have to continue with foursomes on Saturday and Sunday.

It doesn't make the event harder to win necessarily. A no cut event isn't easier to win.  As you are oft to say in the distance debate thread, lowest score wins.

The reason it doesn't get owgr points is that it hasn't met the 12 month existence criteria. Nor has it applied. That's it. Has nothing to do with a lack of cut or 54 holes.

Check out some of the tours that also receive OWGR points.  Plenty have 54 hole events.

Now, LIV may not now or ever get owgr points but it won't be due to strength of field or lack of cut or because it is a 54 hole event, unless the owgr guys change their rules.

https://progolfnow.com/2022/06/05/rbc-canadian-open-liv-golf-fields/

They may get approved later. Not now.  As I recall 8 vents is too few for a so called tour to qualify.  And the 54 hole methods will result in about 50% reduction in points awarded.  That and the whole “it’s not a tour because it’s a closed series of exhibitions ” idea.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

34 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Did you read the article I posted about Portland? Appears not. Here’s the pertinent part to those in Portland…justified anger imo…Greg would call it a simple mistake.

But in Oregon, there also is anger over the hit-and-run death of Fallon Smart in 2016. She was 15 when she was killed on a Portland street.

Saudi student Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah, who was in college in Oregon, was facing a trial on first-degree murder charges when he removed a tracking device and vanished. U.S. authorities believe the Saudi government helped arrange for a fake passport and provided a private jet for travel back to Saudi Arabia. The case was featured on "60 Minutes."

"It's wrong to be silent when Saudi Arabia tries to cleanse blood-stained hands, in the fight for Oregonians to get justice -- Fallon Smart was killed very close to our house in Southeast Portland, and the person charged with the crime, a hit-and-run death, was, based on all the evidence, whisked out of the country by the Saudis before he stood for trial," Wyden said in an interview with The Associated Press

They may get approved later. Not now.  As I recall 8 vents is too few for a so called tour to qualify.  And the 54 hole methods will result in about 50% reduction in points awarded.  That and the whole “it’s not a tour because it’s a closed series of exhibitions ” idea.  

LOL~While I read the whole article it was clear to me that both are LIV zealots and can't be convinced other wise. One is nit picking my total statement and the other clearly didn't bother to read the article ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Yep. You missed it. But I’m not judging there. It’s usually me who misses these things because I’m not on any of the other social media. . Lol. 

but it’s true. LIV won’t get any special treatment here.  

by that I mean that they won’t get their free echo chamber that the OP here wants.  Members here aren’t being silenced for talking out against them .  Nor are people being silenced for being pro LIV.  I think the mods have done a great job with it.  

I did miss the February announcement, but I don't see how it differs from their mission statement unless the WRX partnership with the PGA Tour requires WRX to be biased.  Seems I may have misunderstood your implication of WRX as a "media source paired with the PGA Tour". 

I agree the mods have done well with the LIV issue.  It should be discussed, and just because some may provide what appear to be "pro LIV" arguments doesn't necessarily mean those same people are LIV fans.  Just means some want to have a reasonable discussion with critical thought about the implications.  LIV is happening and has the potential to change quite a bit in the professional golf world.

Cheers Blade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1