*Graphite Design Lovers Anonymous* Tour AD UB vs IZ vs XC and NOW vs TP! ...and HD....and VR

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

So I happen to have all 3 of these right now. Why you ask? No idea, but it's fun. I've been using the XC for the last few months and it's been a fantastic shaft. I guess if I had to nitpick I would like a little more launch and a little more face closure.

I'm probably going to give all three of these another range session but heres my initial feels about them after the first time on the range. I hit about 10-15 balls with each shaft alternating. I also need to take these out on the course and play 9 holes each sometime soon.

So, range sesh 1:

AD XC - Like I said, currently in the bag. Extremely smooth and a nice one-piece feel with only a small loading feel in the handle without much kick - but still very 'smooth'. The handle IS NOT soft like a whiteboard profile, its more like just a soft-er blue profile handle. Very anti-left and lots of roll with a lower launch but still gives a mid flight profile. 

AD UB - Really really wanted to get out there and love this shaft as its 'one level above' the XC on the GD chart. Still not sure about this shaft after this session. The handle is noticeably more stout than any of these shafts for some reason. Worst dispersion out of all 3 for me but has a nick kick feel to it. I did notice that stiff handle a few times in my hands and didnt love it. Launch looked about the same as the XC, maybe a touch higher, but was for sure higher spin as I did not get the roll out of the XC.

AD IZ - Wow. This thing is smooth. Crazy smooth. This is probably the nicest feeling shaft I've swung in a while along with the AD TP. Almost too much of a smooth kick/load as every time I swing it I'm like "wow that's going left" but it doesnt! As I got used to it after a few swings it performed great and had the highest flight out of all three shafts. Not going to lie I really wanted the UB to wow me but the IZ did moreso with the feel and the punch it gives the clubhead when you swing. I can also swing the IZ with a half swing or a 3/4 swing and it STILL gives a nice load feel.

I'll update this thread again after more range time and some on-course hits.

IMG_4338.jpg.60cc0590b0084dab17f29a870377b985.jpg

Great stuff man. Nice to hit any GD shaft. Played them all except the XC. IZ is still the longest shaft I have ever used. No clue why I don’t go back to it. TP really works for me, but it just kinda meh from a feel standpoint.

I really wanted the UB to work for you so you could be an “influencer” for me. Can’t wait to hear about your next session or on the course. See how the IZ is when you need to hit a fairway. Enjoy the testing. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just now, OspreyCI said:

Great stuff man. Nice to hit any GD shaft. Played them all except the XC. IZ is still the longest shaft I have ever used. No clue why I don’t go back to it. TP really works for me, but it just kinda meh from a feel standpoint.

I really wanted the UB to work for you so you could be an “influencer” for me. Can’t wait to hear about your next session or on the course. See how the IZ is when you need to hit a fairway. Enjoy the testing. 

If the UB ends up getting the axe I'll trade you for the TP since I havent used one in driver yet.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Just now, third-times-a-charm said:

If the UB ends up getting the axe I'll trade you for the TP since I havent used one in driver yet.

See… you are an influencer. Let me know man. 

• Haha 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just got back from range session 2 this morning. I was a little sore and tight from hitting a bunch yesterday so it was perfect to test again, plus it was the morning and I dont usually function properly in the morning. Rotated between all 3 shafts again for about 6-10 balls each.

AD UB - Still can't time this thing. Maybe it's just not for me. The extra stiff tip maybe? I dont like the Ventus line, either, so maybe there's some merit to that. Had a few good nice high bombs with it where the shaft felt good but besides that it was still very inconsistent. The swings which resulted in offline shots and etc felt okay but the shaft itself felt bad during those ones if that makes sense. I felt like I wasnt getting ANY help from the shaft and I couldnt feel it in my swing very well.

AD XC - Performed great again. No complaints here. Still a very solid shaft and i can feel a nice smooth bend but nothing crazy and gives me a good looking mid flight. Tbh I want to keep this one in the bag just because I can look cool and have a 'low launch' shaft (even though it isnt) in the bag but if the IZ still feels good on hole 16 and the XC needs too much effort than the IZ may win out with how easy it is to load.

AD IZ - Same here. Crazy smooth and a buttery kick to it that really punches the ball. I did notice it turning over a bit more than the XC and I had one overdraw with it. I tried the -1 setting on my driver for a few balls with the IZ and I did not expect to do that with a Triple Diamond head and it still gave me a nice flight without any real consequence. I need to do more testing with this.

Looks like the AD UB is getting the boot. It's going to be between the XC and the IZ for on-course testing.

• Like 4

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

It is very cool how different things work for different folks, I was a long time AD BB 7X user and loved the shaft. It really transformed my Driver game.

After a few more injuries (and years) I went to the 6X and had even better results, saw the XC come out and had to have it so tried the 6x and hated it, which seemed odd as they are very similar profile. Went back to the BB 6x and played that until a PXG fitter proved on the range a Fuji pro 2.0 in 6x gave me better everything so went to that for the last couple of years.

Then just a few months ago picked up the a UB in 6S and it is firmly in the bag now as it is markedly better than the fuji on the course, could be just age catching up and the Stiff flex is just better but the UB is great for me. 

If I could find a UB 7s reasonably priced it would go straight into the 3 wood for a try out

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

Also I am not far from you if you ever want to get a round in, I play old man golf but have fun none the less. 

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

XC is a great shaft, I still have it in the bag. @third-times-a-charm, I agree that it really isn't a true low/low, more like low/mid launch.  Stable shaft with just a hint of load without hinging in one particular spot (at least that's my perception).

Also have a BB in 7S and have had good results with that, although the XC is better. 

Never tried the IZ, but have hit many other GD shafts and almost all of them give me the lefts...

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Just got back from range session 2 this morning. I was a little sore and tight from hitting a bunch yesterday so it was perfect to test again, plus it was the morning and I dont usually function properly in the morning. Rotated between all 3 shafts again for about 6-10 balls each.

AD UB - Still can't time this thing. Maybe it's just not for me. The extra stiff tip maybe? I dont like the Ventus line, either, so maybe there's some merit to that. Had a few good nice high bombs with it where the shaft felt good but besides that it was still very inconsistent. The swings which resulted in offline shots and etc felt okay but the shaft itself felt bad during those ones if that makes sense. I felt like I wasnt getting ANY help from the shaft and I couldnt feel it in my swing very well.

AD XC - Performed great again. No complaints here. Still a very solid shaft and i can feel a nice smooth bend but nothing crazy and gives me a good looking mid flight. Tbh I want to keep this one in the bag just because I can look cool and have a 'low launch' shaft (even though it isnt) in the bag but if the IZ still feels good on hole 16 and the XC needs too much effort than the IZ may win out with how easy it is to load.

AD IZ - Same here. Crazy smooth and a buttery kick to it that really punches the ball. I did notice it turning over a bit more than the XC and I had one overdraw with it. I tried the -1 setting on my driver for a few balls with the IZ and I did not expect to do that with a Triple Diamond head and it still gave me a nice flight without any real consequence. I need to do more testing with this.

Looks like the AD UB is getting the boot. It's going to be between the XC and the IZ for on-course testing.

Love this comparison. Great details and analysis.

I've hit a bunch of GD shafts ... what I'm finding is I absolutely love the UB as a fairway wood shaft, but it didn't work for me in my driver. (This is true of the DI also.)

It's not about being too "soft" ... I mean my driver shaft currently is a Diamana TB, which I'd think most would describe as a softer overall profile than the UB. But it's feeling the load in my hands with the UB vs. just a little bit lower with the Diamana TB and some other GD shafts that I get along with well in driver, like the HD and VR, that made the difference. 

I guess my tempo is a bit more deliberate with fairway woods. So where the softer handle throws me off in a driver, it turns out to be absolutely perfect in a fairway wood. 

I gave up on the XC because of the soft handle in driver and never actually tried it in a fairway wood. The IZ is awesome in both for me, but just launches too high. I could see it being perfect for me as like an 8X in something lower launching and neutral-to-fade biased like an Apex UW though.

• Like 3

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

I also have a little side quest going on right now in my 7 wood. Testing the AD TP 7 vs the AD TP 8. I had an AD MJ 8 last year and it was okay - hoping the TP 8 is a nice for for me. The TP 7 in my 7 wood was tipped 1.5" - a little over the GD recommendation (from an Apex UW) so this a 1" tipping on the TP 8 it may play nicely.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

What did your misses look like with the UB?  I had the same issue where I couldn't time the damn thing and the two way miss would come into play.  Funny thing is that I was flushing a lot of drives though. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

5 hours ago, eric61 said:

Love this comparison. Great details and analysis.

I've hit a bunch of GD shafts ... what I'm finding is I absolutely love the UB as a fairway wood shaft, but it didn't work for me in my driver. (This is true of the DI also.)

It's not about being too "soft" ... I mean my driver shaft currently is a Diamana TB, which I'd think most would describe as a softer overall profile than the UB. But it's feeling the load in my hands with the UB vs. just a little bit lower with the Diamana TB and some other GD shafts that I get along with well in driver, like the HD and VR, that made the difference. 

I guess my tempo is a bit more deliberate with fairway woods. So where the softer handle throws me off in a driver, it turns out to be absolutely perfect in a fairway wood. 

I gave up on the XC because of the soft handle in driver and never actually tried it in a fairway wood. The IZ is awesome in both for me, but just launches too high. I could see it being perfect for me as like an 8X in something lower launching and neutral-to-fade biased like an Apex UW though.

You could always loft down with the IZ or go with a 13* fairway metal.  If the IZ was more anti-left for me it might be in the bag for my 3 metal as we speak. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

4 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I also have a little side quest going on right now in my 7 wood. Testing the AD TP 7 vs the AD TP 8. 

TP broke my heart. One of those shafts I really wanted to work.  Best results were controlled draws, but too many low/left shots at the end of the day, and I put it on BST.

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

11 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

What did your misses look like with the UB?  I had the same issue where I couldn't time the damn thing and the two way miss would come into play.  Funny thing is that I was flushing a lot of drives though. 

Just extreme inconsistency with a push fade miss. Didnt once get into a groove with it and was hitting high, low, straight push right, push fade - could feel the strikes kind of all over the face, too. For some reason I just dont get along with it.

• Thanks 1

Just extreme inconsistency with a push fade miss. Didnt once get into a groove with it and was hitting high, low, straight push right, push fade - could feel the strikes kind of all over the face, too. For some reason I just dont get along with it.

Sounds like you might not get along with soft mid and butt shafts.  Did you get along with the DI?  I sure didn't but it was in my bag for 5 years.  😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Sounds like you might not get along with soft mid and butt shafts.  Did you get along with the DI?  I sure didn't but it was in my bag for 5 years.  😂

Ive tried the DI twice, both in a fairway but with older versions of my swing which were terrible - and I did not like the noodly feel of the DI. I have not tried it recently mostly because I've been trying all of the 'upgraded DI' shafts from GD so I figure why try their oldest profile.

I'm in love with the TP in fairways right now which apparently is an 'upgraded DI'. But apparently the UB was also and it doesnt work for me so go figure hah.

• Like 1

Ive tried the DI twice, both in a fairway but with older versions of my swing which were terrible - and I did not like the noodly feel of the DI. I have not tried it recently mostly because I've been trying all of the 'upgraded DI' shafts from GD so I figure why try their oldest profile.

I'm in love with the TP in fairways right now which apparently is an 'upgraded DI'. But apparently the UB was also and it doesnt work for me so go figure hah.

The TP and UB feel nothing like the DI for me.  They don't kick nearly as much as the DI did for me.  I will say that I did hit some my longest drives with the DI but what's 340+yard down the middle 8% of the time when the rest were ok to horrible, lol. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

You could always loft down with the IZ or go with a 13* fairway metal.  If the IZ was more anti-left for me it might be in the bag for my 3 metal as we speak. 

Since I really like the feel of the IZ this is what I'll be experimenting with in driver. Going to try lofting down to see if I can bring the flight down a touch and open the face a little. I'm playing a TC Callaway head so the lie is already flat as can be. Tbh I thought the IZ would give me crazy lefts with the feel it has but with this head it does not. 

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

The TP and UB feel nothing like the DI for me.  They don't kick nearly as much as the DI did for me.  I will say that I did hit some my longest drives with the DI but what's 340+yard down the middle 8% of the time when the rest were ok to horrible, lol. 

This is how the XC has been for me. Great on the range and longest drives of my life on the course but that only happens 1-2 times per round and the other 9 drives are out of the fairway. If the IZ is more playable on gameday while I'm out there it might kick the XC out.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I think my gameplan when the TSRs are released is to do something like: 

TSR2+ 13* at 43" w/ IZ 7X

TSR2 18* at 42" w/ UB 8X

Then into my 22* JPX 921 SEL 4 iron (that's the Forged model; we lefties get a 22* 4 iron and 26* 5 iron in Forged and then 30* 6 iron in Tour and on from there in the SEL set-up). Decent chance I abandon my Steelfiber iron shaft experiment and go with Modus 120X in the irons, though. 

I go back and forth between drastically different set-ups. I like 4W/7W because they're both playable in almost any situation, and I like 3+/5 because a 5 wood is really versatile too and having a strong less-than-driver option that's easy to shape off the tee is important on a couple courses I play regularly. I'd like to stick with two fairway woods rather than switching out four, but, hey, this is WRX.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Talking about the IZ/TP specifically - me happening to like them both - I was just re-reading Russ Ryden's data/notes of these shafts and this was in his closing statements on the IZ:

Look at the torque numbers and compare them to other shafts in this weight range. The closest match to the Tour AD IZ was the Tour AD TP. I see a slightly softer butt and a slightly stiffer tip. This is seen the the tip/butt ratios. They are lower, and generally that indicates slightly lower launch. 

Funny how I've been loving the TP in my fairways, wanting to try the TP again in driver but havent, and then loving the feel of the IZ. His comments are correct and if you compare his data points on both the TP and IZ they are identical shafts with both using T1100 in the tip section. He also notes that the IZ 'should be' lower launch due to being more tip stiff and etc yet GD's chart says the IZ is a higher launching and spinning shaft all around given its placement on there.

Talking about the IZ/TP specifically - me happening to like them both - I was just re-reading Russ Ryden's data/notes of these shafts and this was in his closing statements on the IZ:

Funny how I've been loving the TP in my fairways, wanting to try the TP again in driver but havent, and then loving the feel of the IZ. His comments are correct and if you compare his data points on both the TP and IZ they are identical shafts with both using T1100 in the tip section. He also notes that the IZ 'should be' lower launch due to being more tip stiff and etc yet GD's chart says the IZ is a higher launching and spinning shaft all around given its placement on there.

I found the IZ to be a true mid-high launch shaft whereas the TP is definitely mid launch.  A more stable DI in terms of launch and spin but plays/feels way more firm. 

Edited by phizzy30

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I found the IZ to be a true mid-high launch shaft whereas the TP is definitely mid launch.  A more stable DI in terms of launch and spin but plays/feels way more firm. 

Oh yeah same here. The flight is visually higher with the IZ even in a lower loft.

There is a reason why these shafts are hard to clearly separate from each other. It's because the bend profiles are so close! The amazing part is that GD can put such different feels in a shafts that look so similar on an EI curve. S3 indicates that TP is the most stiff in the butt and tip by a very slight amount in the 60 gram weight class in stiff flex. I play an AD TP 6TX in driver and 8X in 5 wood on occasion and I still like the shaft a lot.

image.png.22946ce2632b2f57e0ce50288c5ed73c.png

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

23 hours ago, cw1209 said:

There is a reason why these shafts are hard to clearly separate from each other. It's because the bend profiles are so close! The amazing part is that GD can put such different feels in a shafts that look so similar on an EI curve. S3 indicates that TP is the most stiff in the butt and tip by a very slight amount in the 60 gram weight class in stiff flex. I play an AD TP 6TX in driver and 8X in 5 wood on occasion and I still like the shaft a lot.

image.png.22946ce2632b2f57e0ce50288c5ed73c.png

Cool chart. It really is amazing. And you can feel that extra stiffness in the TP. I play the 60-gram version in a fairway for that reason and is plenty stable. 

My favorites so far are the XC6 stiff in driver, the XC 7, TP 6 and BB 7 in fairway woods, and the IZ is one I can play in either. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

The XC wins. Everything else was sold off.

I loved the feel of the IZ but it just went left like the Diamana ZF and TB way too much. It also spun more than the XC. I wish I could experiment with tipping more, but I dont think the AD IZ tipped .5 or 1" would beat out the XC (tipped .25").

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 4:44 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

So I happen to have all 3 of these right now. Why you ask? No idea, but it's fun. I've been using the XC for the last few months and it's been a fantastic shaft. I guess if I had to nitpick I would like a little more launch and a little more face closure.

I'm probably going to give all three of these another range session but heres my initial feels about them after the first time on the range. I hit about 10-15 balls with each shaft alternating. I also need to take these out on the course and play 9 holes each sometime soon.

So, range sesh 1:

AD XC - Like I said, currently in the bag. Extremely smooth and a nice one-piece feel with only a small loading feel in the handle without much kick - but still very 'smooth'. The handle IS NOT soft like a whiteboard profile, its more like just a soft-er blue profile handle. Very anti-left and lots of roll with a lower launch but still gives a mid flight profile. 

AD UB - Really really wanted to get out there and love this shaft as its 'one level above' the XC on the GD chart. Still not sure about this shaft after this session. The handle is noticeably more stout than any of these shafts for some reason. Worst dispersion out of all 3 for me but has a nick kick feel to it. I did notice that stiff handle a few times in my hands and didnt love it. Launch looked about the same as the XC, maybe a touch higher, but was for sure higher spin as I did not get the roll out of the XC.

AD IZ - Wow. This thing is smooth. Crazy smooth. This is probably the nicest feeling shaft I've swung in a while along with the AD TP. Almost too much of a smooth kick/load as every time I swing it I'm like "wow that's going left" but it doesnt! As I got used to it after a few swings it performed great and had the highest flight out of all three shafts. Not going to lie I really wanted the UB to wow me but the IZ did moreso with the feel and the punch it gives the clubhead when you swing. I can also swing the IZ with a half swing or a 3/4 swing and it STILL gives a nice load feel.

I'll update this thread again after more range time and some on-course hits.

IMG_4338.jpg.60cc0590b0084dab17f29a870377b985.jpg

This is a question that almost doesn’t belong in this thread but I love the BB6 shaft, which is hard to find currently. I’m pretty sure it’s somewhat similar to the XC (it’s predecessor). Regardless, looking at trying out a ventus shaft (blue or black)… 

Any thoughts on which one would be most similar to the XC or the BB?? 

thanks a lot

On 7/2/2022 at 1:08 AM, eric61 said:

I think my gameplan when the TSRs are released is to do something like: 

TSR2+ 13* at 43" w/ IZ 7X

TSR2 18* at 42" w/ UB 8X

Then into my 22* JPX 921 SEL 4 iron (that's the Forged model; we lefties get a 22* 4 iron and 26* 5 iron in Forged and then 30* 6 iron in Tour and on from there in the SEL set-up). Decent chance I abandon my Steelfiber iron shaft experiment and go with Modus 120X in the irons, though. 

I go back and forth between drastically different set-ups. I like 4W/7W because they're both playable in almost any situation, and I like 3+/5 because a 5 wood is really versatile too and having a strong less-than-driver option that's easy to shape off the tee is important on a couple courses I play regularly. I'd like to stick with two fairway woods rather than switching out four, but, hey, this is WRX.

do we know when the TSR’s are coming out?? 

2 minutes ago, David Miller said:

This is a question that almost doesn’t belong in this thread but I love the BB6 shaft, which is hard to find currently. I’m pretty sure it’s somewhat similar to the XC (it’s predecessor). Regardless, looking at trying out a ventus shaft (blue or black)… 

thanks a lot

I would say the blue would be.

7 hours ago, David Miller said:

thanks a lot

See, the XC is soft in the handle and the Ventus Blue and Black are super stiff in that area.  Feel wise, the XC will feel like neither IMO.  Feel is subjective though.  However, since you're asking, I would say that the Ventus Black is the most similar in terms of launch and spin. 

• third-times-a-charm changed the title to *Graphite Design Lovers Anonymous* Tour AD UB vs IZ vs XC and NOW vs TP! ...and HD....and VR