MEMBER REVIEWS: GOLFFOREVER Swing Trainer and App Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

464245415_GOLFFOREVERREVIEWS.png.4c52a769c5a48108494b8d47a02d3625.png

GolfWRX has six of our members testing out the GOLFFOREVER swing trainer and app. GOLFFOREVER is a comprehensive, smart at-home training system that takes a science-based approach to maximizing golfers’ performance by improving flexibility, core strength, balance and rotational power. The first golf-specific home training program to embrace the approach of home exercise equipment paired with streaming instruction, GOLFFOREVER takes it one step further by customizing each golfer’s exercise routines just for them, based on a proprietary strength and flexibility test users take when starting. The members below will be reporting back to the community about the things that they have noticed while testing this product. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them!

Learn more about GOLFFOREVER here.

The testers are: 

@HappyGilmoresBoots

@Cwing

@Taylormadehunter1

@vandyfan

@cdewispelare

@dieker5

Special thank you goes out to @GOLFFOREVER_Officialfor putting on this testing event for our members!

Golfforever_BydlonAndrew_050922_HiRes-1990208.jpg.8c309e26066086fdef3f98dec72c939e.jpg.29f46cb8f4876979d0cc03b8f5775019.jpg

I want to start out and thank GOLFFOREVER for the chance to review and use their product.  I am 37 years old, 5 foot 9 and about 190lbs right now.  I have always been athletic and worked out in my 20's, mainly at gyms.  In my 30's so far, I have been very hit and miss with my workouts being I have two kids now.  This will be my first workout plan using and app while working out from home.  I hope this will be easier being I don't have time to go into gyms anymore.  I currently am a 4 hcp. I don't have very good flexibility/mobility and that is what I am most interested to try on gaining.  I first started off by downloading their app on the apple store.  Once signed in you will do an assessment.  There were a few different options on what your goals were.  I chose flexibility and mobility. There was also strength training, swing speed training, weight loss, and a few more. You then do a few quick exercise assessments for the app to see where your physical conditioning is at. Overall, the app has been excellent with in depth videos on each assessment exercise and how to execute them. Right from the beginning I can tell this is going to be a very detailed and professional exercise/golf training program.  I received the swing trainer last night via UPS.  It was boxed and packaged very well, and the case is excellent quality with room to store all the equipment if you need to take it with you.  The plan is to start tonight on my first workout.  I will report back with more pictures then and to let everyone know how it went.  Until then I have a few pictures of the box and the case that comes with it.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 123811695_Golf1.jpg.9fb71b864c1a98c0cb1087cb4c676e86.jpg1400608257_Golf2.jpg.5f81848f63d48136b4007ac44801ade9.jpg1305959880_Golf3.jpg.089d251b48d10c66e6dfc8898b863d8b.jpg673748899_Golf4.jpg.1d51ad342bfc4c1bbb879705f5d4aad0.jpg 1365685180_Golf5.jpg.1722a14f3d3b19b7ae96b2dd90d9f266.jpg  

Edited by dieker5
  • Like 2

Following what @dieker5 said, I am excited about this opportunity. I have informally tested and reported on numerous products but this is the first time I have ever been selected for an official test and I do not plan on disappointing. Excited to see how this works for me and the other fortunate testers!

About Me (if interested)

I'm 38, 6'0" and weigh between 190-200 pounds. I played collegiate soccer and have worked out consistently since I was 15 years old between sports training, olympic weightlifting, yoga, crossfit, endurance biking etc. In my prime (age 25-30) I was able to bench 1.5x my bodyweight, run an 11:00 2 mile, do a headstand, etc. Up until about 4 years ago I was working out 1-2 hours per day, 6-7 days a week. Those days are long gone...because now I have two children under the age of 4 and working out has, understandably, taken a backseat to my family and work. I also had major reconstructive surgery on my ankle in 2019 and as a result I can no longer run or play sports that involve running/cutting/etc. As such, all the programming and training I used to do is mostly out the window and something GolfForever presents is a solution to my current problems. I tend to be a bit aimless in the gym these days and I am lucky if I get in there 4x a week now and most of my workouts are 30 minutes or less. As I approach 40 I am getting less flexible, recovering slower, and generally feel achy more than I ever did. I have changed my expectations for what "fitness" is and now it includes being painfree, relatively flexible and maintain my weight and waist size (there it is, the VANITY!). 

I chose flexibility/mobility as my goal as well. I should receive my package this evening based on the shipping information. 

In looking at the GolfForever website, they assert 3 major positive outcomes for their product: Flexibility, Balance and Speed. For those I have established some baseline metrics (these are not GolfForever baselines, these are my own tests to see how I improve, I will obviously use the metrics from GolfForever as well). 

Flexibility (will measure tonight and update this post) these come from Physical Therapy baseline tests, I will explain these as I gather numbers:

Sit and Reach Test

Overhead Wall-facing squat 

Shoulder Flexibility Test
Internal/External Rotation

Trunk Rotation Test

Groin Flexibility

Balance (this one is a bit tricky to baseline):

Single leg standing with eyes closed (left leg) - best of 3 tries:

Single leg standing with eyes closed (right leg) - best of 3 tries:

Single leg standing toe touch (left/right) 

Speed Baseline (Trackman measured which I believe can tend to have different clubhead speed readings vs GCQuad):

Median Clubhead speed with Driver (10 shots): 104.7 mph

Median Clubhead speed with 7i (10 shots): 90.1 mph

• Like 2

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I'm incredibly stoked to have the opportunity to try this out - big thanks to @GOLFFOREVER_Officialfor being so generous!  I've been golfing most of my life, in the most casual sense...lucky to get out once a month, and generally play a few scrambles here or there.  I've been trying to improve where I can and drop my handicap down to roughly bogey golf.

About me?  34, 6', 212lbs.  I've done some pretty solid yoga routines in the past, strength training in college, and have generally subsisted on things like cycling and skateboarding for cardio.

My goals with this fitness regimen are to develop better clubhead speed.  I'm currently swinging between 88 and 92mph with my Srixon Z-765 driver, and would love to hit triple digits if at all possible.

• Like 3

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

The GOLFFOREVER swing trainer has arrived and was packaged well….

2A40F528-CFCF-482A-8696-BEA05B5CB6E4.jpeg

932FCD48-0B71-40B3-8D43-B4F887A0EE7A.jpeg

2336D383-5C9D-4608-B442-BE02B222AC9F.jpeg

44B7297B-12AB-4891-9538-7D11D158F002.jpeg

5F7F1035-BC54-458D-A642-DB6705BD0734.png

6EDEE1E5-7FF9-4B60-B752-218FF1A1C02F.jpeg

EBF4C321-26B1-4721-AAEF-7818130C5B41.png

ED0BF260-DD25-4EB1-AB8C-88F70476B56D.jpeg

Edited by Cwing
  • Like 3

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Glad that the Swing Trainers are starting to arrive and we are very much looking forward to seeing the reviews.  Thank you to the testers for taking the time to go through this.  To the testers and everyone else - please feel free to reach out with questions!

-GOLFFOREVER Team

• Like 3

So based on my answers to the assessment I have been placed in the "back tees" group which is probably the first time I have ever been on the "back tees" with anything golf related, haha.

Performed my first two workouts last night: (1) Fundamental and (1) Rotational Power. The workouts were each about 20 minutes in length and require, so far, minimal equipment. I will say the majority of the exercises introduced (these initial workouts seem to focus on introducing movements and exercises) are ones that I have not seen or performed before. The most notable exercises were those that were compound movements involving bands which immediately stressed both my balance and flexibility. While I was not sweating at the end of the first workout I can very much say I was "activated." Going into the second workout, I found the rotational power more stressful and I was sweating a decent amount. I took the option to repeat the exercises after the video was concluded. The workouts I performed last night didn't "deplete" as much as  "stress" and "teach" movement patterns if that makes sense. As expected, my balance is a tad bit suspect and I have some lateral imbalances that were easily identified.  

The two videos are each about 18:00 - 20:00 minutes long and go by rather quickly, to me. The instructions are easy to follow and the moves are understandable and replicable. So far I have only used the bands and my foam roller but excited to get a chance to use the "bar" in upcoming videos. One day down, 364 to go!

• Like 3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

@vandyfan Congrats on completing your first set of workouts.  Since you have added other equipment into your profile, the workouts that are being served will only featured that equipment.  I just want to make sure that you have the Swing Trainer included in your profile as well?   While we would recommend that you continue with "Today's Workout" where the customized routines are served to you - keep in mind that you can always search workouts with the Swing Trainer in the "library" that houses all of our content.

Enjoy the program and can't wait to hear about the experience with the Swing Trainer!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GOLFFOREVER_Official said:

Since you have added other equipment into your profile, the workouts that are being served will only featured that equipment.  I just want to make sure that you have the Swing Trainer included in your profile as well? 

That is very helpful! I assume if I have included everything in the "My workout equipment" then it will now feature? I had removed the "GF Swing Trainer" and "Foam Roller" (I have both of these) because the "Buy" button out to the right made me conclude that the app didn't think I had these items, if that makes sense. I have since updated to this which should signal to the app I have a foam roller, tubing and the GF swing trainer?

golfforever.png.1e000ec370d7c6b82a45c0139002a2ed.png

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

@vandyfan - Yes, the way you have it set up in the screenshot shows that you have the Swing Trainer,  Foam Roller and Tubing.  So you will only be served workouts that utilize those pieces of equipment.  There are still hundreds of workouts that do not require any equipment and you could get those as part of your customized program too, as a heads up. 

That is also good feedback about the "buy" buttons that made you think that they werent added to your profile - thanks for that - we are always trying to improve the experience!

• Like 1

First, thank you very much GOLFFOREVER_Official for making this happen.

A little about me. From what’s posted above, I may be the oldest participate at an age of 56-yrs and a few months. I’m 5’11, 230 lbs at start. The timing for me couldn’t be better as my last day of work was 6/30/22 retiring just 24-days short of 33-yrs. For me, just a few weeks ago there would be no way I could/would partake in a program like this. Plain and simply, I needed something like this but there were not enough hours in the day being a superintendent over an operations group in a 24/7 process.   When work and daily commute were combined, I averaged about 70-hrs a week and it had been quite stressful since the announced shutdown in May, 2021. In short, it was a stressful ride. 

With that, my golf game had fallen off drastically during this calendar year. I’ve had no practice time, I’ve had flareups with Mortons Neuroma in my left foot and I’ve got arthritis in my back in L4/L5. This season my distance was / is way down. Distance is down at least 20-30 yds short of last fall and anger / frustration on the course had become very much an issue.

That stated, I tried to stay positive as I knew life would be drastically changing and my number 1 goal once 7/1/22 arrived would be to develop new routines with a focus on fitness / wellness and to simply de stress.

For me the process did indeed start on 7/1. I woke up at 6AM (usual start to my day pre 7/1 had been getting up by 3:45 AM) and hit the road for a 2.5 mile walk. I then jumped in with a 20-lb kettle bell work that my lower back wasn’t ready for. As a result, my Saturday (7/3) round was the worst I’ve ever had. 100% arm swing and I could barely stand over a putt. 

Saturday afternoon I find an email that my code to access the GOLFFOREVER app was expected. Once received, I had an issue with the code/log in and began email correspondence Amanda. Wow, I was quite surprised given this was a holiday weekend. The issue was resolved and, as others had noted, I took the test. Sadly but not surprisingly, my performance was less than stellar.

Given I had not yet received the swing trainer, I decided to spend some time with the app. I found some dedicated back specific workouts that I did on Sunday, again on Monday before play and on Tuesday before getting a lesson and again before playing on Wednesday.

Well, I won’t say my back is good as new but I can honestly say that my back was far better off after doing the warm ups and I will absolutely continue to do them. One is for at home before you go play and the other is for at the course before teeing off.

Those videos I mentioned can also be found on the GOLFFOREVER YouTube channel here

and here 

Edited by Cwing
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Ok first workout in the books last night!  I have been in the gym lifting weights but never have followed an app or dedicated workout plan.  You open the app on your device and can just click the start today's workout tab.  You will start off on a fundamental workout which is a warmup and your core exercises to get the blood flowing and the heartrate up a little.  From what they say these can double as a warmup before your round as well.  The exercises tonight worked on the shoulders and core with resistance. This lasted about 15 min then you start a rotational power workout.  This workout was eye opening for me. Mainly on how lacking I am on core and rotational strength.  This part of the workout was a little under 30 minutes.  For the first workout I think they did a great job of easing you in but also as I sit here writing this, I feel it in my core and shoulders!  I was worried I was not going to be engaged but I am already looking forward to my next workout.  The equipment machining and all the extra pieces are high quality. They have an excellent way of attaching the resistance band to the door.  I will post some pictures of that and maybe a few pictures of the next workout.

• Like 2

Incredible opportunity for this group.  I have been on the fence about purchasing this. Details and updates have been great so far, keep it coming.  

Looking forward to all the before and after pics in a few weeks 😄

Before and after weight training : r/beforesandafters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

20 hours ago, vandyfan said:

The workouts I performed last night didn't "deplete" as much as  "stress" and "teach" movement patterns if that makes sense. As expected, my balance is a tad bit suspect and I have some lateral imbalances that were easily identified.  

Last night's workout used the swing trainer exclusively and I was sweating very heavily. This morning I can feel soreness setting in (the good kind) in areas I don't typically have it from my typical HIIT workouts (outside of hips, upper part of glute, obliques). Genuinely looking forward to my next workout. I am also a sucker for the "points" and gamification in the app that encourages me to keep a streak going of working out. All the while I am adding to my arsenal of movements to add into my regular morning workouts. 

I am playing golf this weekend so I am watching the fundamentals closely to find an ideal warmup. So far both of the fundamentals workouts I have performed have done a good job "activating" so either would suffice. The main areas I feel like I need assistance in activating are my obliques, low back and glutes and that are core focuses of the app. I have always said I want to get serious about really prioritizing my core and the swing trainer not only does that it also makes it fun (so far!). 

• Like 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

2 hours ago, vandyfan said:

I am playing golf this weekend so I am watching the fundamentals closely to find an ideal warmup. 

The fundamentals are a great way to begin a workout and can be used for Pre-round warmups too, but you can also search in the library under "Pre-Round Warmups" to try one out before your round this weekend.  Scottie Scheffler's pre-round with the Swing Trainer is listed in there as well.

Play well this weekend!

• Like 1

Started my day with a 2.3 mile walk. I expected to play today and had planned on the at home back warm up prior to leaving for the course and the at course back warm up once I arrived. Those are the workouts that I’d previously attached above.

I got the walk in before the rain arrived and washed out the round. As a result, day 1 is now in the books. My session started off with a warm up called the “Back & Core 1 / Forward Tees”. Great combo warm up/ stretch routine similar but different from the video above.  From there, the next set was “PGA Tour Workouts: JT (w/Tubing Instructions) / All Levels”. 

This workout was a good workout using the fitness bands (not the swing trainer). The workout was a combination golf specific rotational workout program lasting about 20 minutes.

Here, about 6 ish hours later, I can feel the work. Thus far, I am really likely the app as this is not a method in which I’ve worked out in the past (mostly free weights, dumbbells, kettlebell’s, machines, etc).

When logging into the app as shown in the screen shot below, one can see the completed workouts as shown by the green shaded trophies. As you can see, I’ve completed multiple “Fundamental” workouts but only one “Rotational Power” workout to this point and my current Golf-Fit Score is 69.

One can also go to the calendar at the bottom of the page to see exactly what programs they had previously completed and on what day.

image.jpeg.9cbaff833517e5ce899481cc043acf09.jpeg

Edited by Cwing
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Nice Cwing, my score is 32 right now.   Have 2 workouts done and will do another tomorrow.  I really enjoyed the last rotational power workout.  When I lifted weights in the gym I actually enjoyed squats.  One of the exercises in the workout had me doing squats with the GF stick and tension band held out in front of me.  I thought that was a great workout.   Also before I played this morning I utilized some of the foam rolling movements I have been doing in the fundamentals section and that helped tremendously to wake my body up in the early morning.  

• Like 2

Completed two warm ups before yesterdays round. One was the same at home back warm up I previously linked above. The second was titled, “Full Body Warmup w/Swing Trainer / Forward Tees”. 

The Full Body routine wasn’t a long warm up as it was about 7 minutes in total, but it was swing specific and got the body moving. Lots of swings in 30 second intervals. Three different movements with each completed from each side.

One thing regarding the app. It seems I have max’ out on points for the week ending 7/10.  I’d suggest keeping the points total going without a weekly max. Maybe show the goal achieved and an actual. 

This will be a tough week or two for me to use. Tons to do today before a planned trip so I wasn’t able to do a GOLFFOREVER workout today. It will likely be Wednesday before I can attempt another as a full day of travel is in store for Tuesday. That stated, the trainer is packed in my golf bag to allow for use during my trip. 

Edited by Cwing
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

I also used the warmup feature both before my round AND at the turn when we were backed up for 15 minutes waiting to tee off. The main things I am noticing both today and noticed yesterday is significantly less back fatigue. I don't feel like I played golf yesterday which is a great feeling. The main place I am noticing this is in my glutes and hips which I think, due to tightness, were the main contributors to my back fatigue. Feel pretty freed up at the moment! I shot 73 yesterday which is a bit better than average but mainly I was getting a ton of out of my full swing. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

I did my first balance workout last night and...wow...my balance is terrible. The exercises were very challenging, from a balance perspective, and have identified a weakness that I hadn't really thought about. One of the things that was shown in the workouts is that when you are standing on one leg and moving your head, it dramatically impacts your balance. As a test, I would ask someone to try lifting up one leg and then look left, right, up and down and turn your head with each shift. It is amazing how challenging that was for me. The instructor noted how balance can rapidly improve so I am looking to see how this improves over the next few weeks. 

So far this works really well with my lifestyle. I can basically do these workouts anywhere I have a door jamb and 30-40 minutes of free time. So far I have performed golf forever workouts at my office, in my house both early in the morning and last thing at night and at my mother in law's house. The swing trainer is quite sturdy and seems to be well constructed, haven't had any issues with any of the workout equipment to date. 

@GOLFFOREVER_Official there may already be a way to do this so I apologize if I missed it but on the "Workout History" (shown below), it would be great if I could add a note about my workout. I think I would add something along the lines of how I did with particular movements and/or how far I was from the anchor point on various exercises, this would be a way to track improvement (potentially). 

golfforever2.png.ef6a96bf741fc398bc9b8c866fae5243.png

Edited by vandyfan

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

3 hours ago, vandyfan said:

@GOLFFOREVER_Official there may already be a way to do this so I apologize if I missed it but on the "Workout History" (shown below), it would be great if I could add a note about my workout. I think I would add something along the lines of how I did with particular movements and/or how far I was from the anchor point on various exercises, this would be a way to track improvement (potentially). 

Thanks for this note -  we currently do not have this ability in the app, so you didnt miss it!  It's great feedback though and I just put it into our "future development" requests for upcoming version releases!  Thanks and let us know if anything else comes to mind!  We are always looking for new features to add in!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:31 PM, Cwing said:

Given I had not yet received the swing trainer, I decided to spend some time with the app. I found some dedicated back specific workouts that I did on Sunday, again on Monday before play and on Tuesday before getting a lesson and again before playing on Wednesday.

It's great to hear you felt a little improvement just from doing a few routines while you waited on your swing trainer. Once you take the assessment you will be put into a weekly routine that will help your back for the long term. What you've already experienced is that just getting blood flow in the muscles that support your back and loosening up the hips and shoulders one time can make you feel a little better. Once you really start to build strength and endurance in the muscles that support your back when playing golf - and permanently increasing your ROM in your shoulders and hips - your back will very likely feel dramatically better. Complete your "Today's Workout" at least 3 times a week for the next two weeks then let us know how you're feeling.

-Dr. Jeremy James

GOLFFOREVER FOUNDER

On 7/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, vandyfan said:

I also used the warmup feature both before my round AND at the turn when we were backed up for 15 minutes waiting to tee off. The main things I am noticing both today and noticed yesterday is significantly less back fatigue. I don't feel like I played golf yesterday which is a great feeling. The main place I am noticing this is in my glutes and hips which I think, due to tightness, were the main contributors to my back fatigue. Feel pretty freed up at the moment! I shot 73 yesterday which is a bit better than average but mainly I was getting a ton of out of my full swing. 

That's great to hear. You just identified one of the three most common causes of back pain/fatigue in golfers: weak/tight glutes and hips. The other two are poor endurance in the core muscles and limited range of motion and flexibility in the upper back and shoulders. As you continue to progress and do the fundamentals each day as part of your workout you'll continue to be provided routines that target these areas which will make your back more resistant to fatigue and pain as time goes on. Keep at it!

-Dr. Jeremy James

GOLFFOREVER Founder

On 7/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, vandyfan said:

Following what @dieker5 said, I am excited about this opportunity. I have informally tested and reported on numerous products but this is the first time I have ever been selected for an official test and I do not plan on disappointing. Excited to see how this works for me and the other fortunate testers!

About Me (if interested)

I'm 38, 6'0" and weigh between 190-200 pounds. I played collegiate soccer and have worked out consistently since I was 15 years old between sports training, olympic weightlifting, yoga, crossfit, endurance biking etc. In my prime (age 25-30) I was able to bench 1.5x my bodyweight, run an 11:00 2 mile, do a headstand, etc. Up until about 4 years ago I was working out 1-2 hours per day, 6-7 days a week. Those days are long gone...because now I have two children under the age of 4 and working out has, understandably, taken a backseat to my family and work. I also had major reconstructive surgery on my ankle in 2019 and as a result I can no longer run or play sports that involve running/cutting/etc. As such, all the programming and training I used to do is mostly out the window and something GolfForever presents is a solution to my current problems. I tend to be a bit aimless in the gym these days and I am lucky if I get in there 4x a week now and most of my workouts are 30 minutes or less. As I approach 40 I am getting less flexible, recovering slower, and generally feel achy more than I ever did. I have changed my expectations for what "fitness" is and now it includes being painfree, relatively flexible and maintain my weight and waist size (there it is, the VANITY!). 

I chose flexibility/mobility as my goal as well. I should receive my package this evening based on the shipping information. 

In looking at the GolfForever website, they assert 3 major positive outcomes for their product: Flexibility, Balance and Speed. For those I have established some baseline metrics (these are not GolfForever baselines, these are my own tests to see how I improve, I will obviously use the metrics from GolfForever as well). 

Flexibility (will measure tonight and update this post) these come from Physical Therapy baseline tests, I will explain these as I gather numbers:

Sit and Reach Test

Overhead Wall-facing squat 

Shoulder Flexibility Test
Internal/External Rotation

Trunk Rotation Test

Groin Flexibility

Balance (this one is a bit tricky to baseline):

Single leg standing with eyes closed (left leg) - best of 3 tries:

Single leg standing with eyes closed (right leg) - best of 3 tries:

Single leg standing toe touch (left/right) 

Speed Baseline (Trackman measured which I believe can tend to have different clubhead speed readings vs GCQuad):

Median Clubhead speed with Driver (10 shots): 104.7 mph

Median Clubhead speed with 7i (10 shots): 90.1 mph

Didn't want to jack the weightlifting thread in the other subforum, as I am primarily interested in GolfForever content, so I came over here with a question:  Since you have access to the app as part of your testing, is there any training content on the app available without a paid subscription?  Some of the YouTube videos that I've seen have been fairly intriguing.

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

4 hours ago, GOLFFOREVER_Official said:

That's great to hear. You just identified one of the three most common causes of back pain/fatigue in golfers: weak/tight glutes and hips. The other two are poor endurance in the core muscles and limited range of motion and flexibility in the upper back and shoulders. As you continue to progress and do the fundamentals each day as part of your workout you'll continue to be provided routines that target these areas which will make your back more resistant to fatigue and pain as time goes on. Keep at it!

-Dr. Jeremy James

GOLFFOREVER Founder

My time doing yoga told me that while Shakira's hips don't lie, mine definitely do.

Question for you on the app:  I'm on an Android device, and it doesn't seem to have logged my workouts this week.  I recently did a soft reset on the phone to alleviate some unrelated bluetooth issues, but I was wondering if there were any way for me to review my workouts and re-upload them.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

On 7/13/2022 at 1:41 PM, stryper said:

Didn't want to jack the weightlifting thread in the other subforum, as I am primarily interested in GolfForever content, so I came over here with a question:  Since you have access to the app as part of your testing, is there any training content on the app available without a paid subscription?  Some of the YouTube videos that I've seen have been fairly intriguing.

As you mentioned, we do have our Youtube channel where you are able to see a small amount of our content for free.  The app, which has exponentially more workouts, exercises, warmups, etc is available with a paid membership.   The memberships are paid either monthly or annually and do come with a FREE 30 day trial.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, HappyGilmoresBoots said:

My time doing yoga told me that while Shakira's hips don't lie, mine definitely do.

Question for you on the app:  I'm on an Android device, and it doesn't seem to have logged my workouts this week.  I recently did a soft reset on the phone to alleviate some unrelated bluetooth issues, but I was wondering if there were any way for me to review my workouts and re-upload them.

Thanks for mentioning.  I am not sure how that would happen, but anything is possible.  I will have our customer service team reach out to you today and see if we can solve this.  Thanks again!

Edited by GOLFFOREVER_Official

Sorry that I’m late to the party with my review, but here it is. 

First, about me.  I’m 45 years old, 6’2” and range from 230 to 260 depending on if I’m cutting or bulking. I’ve been lifting for over 25 years so have a good background knowledge on strength and conditioning. Been playing golf for 30+ years and for years I’ve been able to lift without it affecting my ability to golf. But what I’ve found since I’ve turned 40 is that my flexibility has decreased greatly; probably due to age and never really seeing the need to work on flexibility. Well, now the time has come to get some of my flexibility back as I’ve noticed as my flexibility has dropped my club head speed has also began to drop. 5 years ago I was swinging around 120 with my driver and now it has dropped to about 110 maybe even less on days when I’m feeling extra stiff. Hopefully this will help get some of my flexibility back and as a result get some or all of my club head speed back as well. 

Onto initial impressions. Packaging was very nice and the equipment itself also very high quality. I’ve seen low quality resistance bands in the past, and these included in the set are not them. Very high quality materials used all around. After unboxing, registering and uploading my info into the app I got started. I will say, my initial impressions of the routine were mixed. The routine itself was very good, I felt like it was hitting areas that I had never worked on before and were very effective. The down side was there is a lot of buildup to the workout when you watch the video. As someone with a history of working out regularly, probably more talking and explanation than is necessary. But for a beginner exercising for the first time, this is probably good info so I won’t say it is bad, just not really into that I need. 

I’ll be sure to update as I use it more. Hopefully I can get some of my speed back, I’ll update with some numbers as I progress!

• Like 1

Finding time to work out while on vacation to a somewhat exotic place (Kauai) has proved very difficult. That stated, I’ve gotten one full workout in and several “warm up” sessions in since I arrived. I also hope to get in at least one more full workout and I will get at least one more pre round warm up before play again on Wednesday (Makai).

As an aside, most of my warm ups continue to be lower back routines and I know they are working as my last round was Saturday 7/16 (Poipu Bay) and it was the first round in which I did not use icy hot before, during or after my round.

I must say the full workout I undertook that included “Hamstring Flexibility for Golf Posture” put a hurting on my legs and hips. I was shocked of just how limited my movements were and the soreness it generated. Thankfully, the tightness only lasted over night and swimming seemed to help loosen everything back up pretty quickly but I was absolutely shocked how sore this workout made me.

The GOLFFOREVER programs are absolutely helping my lower back and are identifying weaknesses that I had zero idea I had. Once vacation is over I will jump back in 100% again.

Edited by Cwing

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*