T.P. Mills Putter Questions

Hey Gents,

I'm in the process of changing putters and was looking at the Cameron 2004 Newport Beach or 2005 Newport 2; however, after seeing several pictures and discussion about T.P. Mills putters I was intrigued enough and contacted David Mills (via e-mail) to find out more. What a great guy.

In any event, I'm looking at the Mills Tradition C1030 or the Soft Tail Stainless. Any opinions out there on these two putters? The C1030 looks Cameron Newport 2ish; however, it's kind of hard to tell from the pictures on the website. Also, what finish in these two putter looks best?

Lastly, their limited edition Holiday Collection putter looks really cool. I e-mailed David about this, and in his words "you won't be disappointed." Anybody out there getting one of these, and if so, do you have any more information about it? The pictures on the website suggest that it resembles the Soft Tail. Who knows, maybe my order will include this one as well.

Thanx for any info ... doublej

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much of a fan and an advocate I am personally for T.P. Mills putters, I think that a large portion of why I love my putter so much was just the interaction and input I was able to have with it. The Mills putters are in my opinion as soft and as true as any putter on the market, and I have also found that the finish is more durable than other manufacturers. I have had my putter for over a year, and while I maintain it and take care of it... it still looks amazing.

I guess the best advice I can give you is to enjoy the process, and than when you are finished and waiting for your putter, it makes delivery that much more special. Enjoy the stick and happy putts!

Matt

M3 9.5* - ACCRA TZ5 265 M5      M5 Rocket 14* Matrix Black 8M3    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
TM 2014 TP 4-PW DG TI X100     RTX4  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     Evnroll ER5    Titleist  Players 4
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

The tradition are definitely of the anser model persuasion, you can always talk about a tradition with harder lines and plumbers neck. There are a few listed in the tour samples section of the website. Very nice putters and I can't wait to get mine, and maybe more!

M5 Tour
R15 3HL
Rescue TP
MP25 4-P
MP 52,56,60
Spider Tour

The tradition are definitely of the anser model persuasion, you can always talk about a tradition with harder lines and plumbers neck. There are a few listed in the tour samples section of the website. Very nice putters and I can't wait to get mine, and maybe more!

Thanx for the info. I'm more of an anser type guy myself and likely will go with the tradition. Do you know anything about that Holiday Collection putter, such as what you would compare it to? I'm really interested, but don't know enough about it.

Thanx ...

As far as the Tradition models go, the soft-tail is a unique design. If I was going to get one, I would go with the "flat/tour" black oxide finish.

jay

Thats the exact finish I have on my Mills Drop Back Toe Anser. David recommended it to me and its perfect. The putter overall is just Black Oxide but the topline is misted or "flat". Just beautiful.

I agree with all the guys that have praised their experience with David. I've already got another one coming. Enjoy the experience ordering and recieving your Mills.

Taylor Made 10.5* SIM Max
Taylor Made 18* Five Wood

Ping G25 7 Wood

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals 5 thru GW
Vokey SM6 54*/10* S Grind
Vokey SM6 58*/12* K Grind
T.P Mills Custom PN MIng
T.P Mills Klassic
Odyssey Black Stroke Lab 7S

I'm guessing at this but:

Milled putters are formed from a block of metal, or put together by pieces which were milled from a CNC machine with computer programming etc.

Forged putters are metals which have been heated and formed roughly to the shape of the club, and are ground down to preferences. They are stamped by machines rather than cut/milled by machines.

M5 Tour
R15 3HL
Rescue TP
MP25 4-P
MP 52,56,60
Spider Tour