2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)

SheriffBooth

On 2/28/2024 at 4:41 PM, jdl said:

he talked about Chubby's book he was laughing but at the end

because he knows it will go on discount/sale, before it is even on the "shelf"

Callaway Rogue 12 degree Driver , stiff shaft

3 Maltby Hy , stiff shaft

Maltby KE4 Max 4-GW w/ TT Score S Flex

Maltby MAX Milled Wedges 52 and 56 degrees w/ TT DG 120 S Flex 

Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle Putter

54 minutes ago, jls667 said:

I had a thought watching The Match the other night (which, btw, was probably one of the better ones they did since they had Peyton Manning playing during COVID) and wondered why LIV hasn't made any effort to do something like this? They're already throwing irrational money around to guys that don't need it and it's already an exhibition to begin with. LIV clearly has an image issue, why not try to rehab that image with some positive and charitable events?

They're supposedly "growing the game" yet Monday, I saw loads of kids watching pros play under the lights at a facility created with the sole purpose of getting the youth into the game. LIV has been blabbering about "growing the game" while sending filthy rich guys to play golf all over the world to play golf for other filthy rich guys like a bunch of jesters. At the end, one filthy rich guy pays another filthy rich guy. Yet I have not seen or heard of a single dollar being used to benefit others or put a club in the hands of a kid who otherwise may not have had the opportunity.

It's amazing how LIV has endless money but seems to have leaders who have no common sense. People think you're evil? Do things that make the public change their minds. Even the actual LIV organization aside, what have the players been doing with all of this money? No human being realistically needs that much money. Even Rahm said way back that he has no need for more money, and the extra money won't change how he or his family lives, sooooo....where's it going to go? 

I'm all for people earning as much as they can for themselves, their families and generations after, but at some point you stop actually earning for yourself and future generations, and it turns to simple greed. That's where LIV appears to be operating. It might be wise to show people that there's an actual side to you that all levels of the public can root for and become the good guy.

I've asked several times throughout this thread and the one that preceded it.

What's liv doing for charity?

The fan boys make one mention after another that they're doing this and that and yet I've seen nothing.

Every aspect of liv is nothing but sportswashing. You really think the owners of liv are going to do anything to help out folks in need here in the US or anywhere else for that matter?

Show me I'm wrong and I'll happily retract my sentiments.

Growing the game. lol. It's intended to do nothing more than grow their pockets. Make SA a tourist destination which is even more laughable.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, idrive said:

The fan boys make one mention after another that they're doing this and that and yet I've seen nothing.

Every aspect of liv is nothing but sportswashing. You really think the owners of liv are going to do anything to help out folks in need here in the US or anywhere else for that matter?

Growing the game. lol. It's intended to do nothing more than grow their pockets. Make SA a tourist destination which is even more laughable.

I've read some articles about them promising to give to charity but haven't actually read where it was done. I'm pretty sure someone can lead you to a website.

9 hours ago, scotee said:

Mere pocket change for those guys.

I dont think it's Norman that stole the idea, more like the Saudi's that were originally in on the finance side of it and just said F it, we will do it without you.  if that's the actual number LIV pays it no problem. That's not even a year salary for Tyrell Hatton. Reminds me alot of The Social Network movie when Zuck has to pay off the Winklevos twins for stealing their idea, in the grand scheme of things its a speed bump. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfinfloridaafter40 said:

Once again we have a week with much much higher quality golf being played on LIV vs the PGA tour.  Still the haters hate

LIV stinks.  How can you watch it?  I'd rather read a book.  Ratings are worse than WNBA.  Not saying PGA is great, but at least there's real competition.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Golfinfloridaafter40 said:

Once again we have a week with much much higher quality golf being played on LIV vs the PGA tour.  Still the haters hate

Nobody owes it to LIV or the Tour to watch or even pay attention.  People spend their time on what interests them.  There just aren't many people interested in LIV...just like the WNBA.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

You can keep saying that over and over but the data says otherwise. Wrx is just a small segment of golfers hating and ignoring LIV. Most significantly there's a much larger segment of nonWRX golfers ignoring LIV altogether. 

You keep saying the PGAT is fine over and over to but the data from the last few PGAT events, your right it shows your statement is true that there is as much larger segement of non WRX golfers ingornig .... GOLF.

The Mexico Open dropped 15% in ratings and 13% viewership from last year.  I will concede it is the "Mexico Open" a who really cares event, but the Genesis Open which included the "Hype" of Tiger Woods which we all know Tiger draws people to watch was down 5% just on Sunday.  The prior days were down even more so one of the top events for hte PGAT with the top draw names and it declines also.....

Those precentages might seem trival to you and others but to sponsors they are not.  Adding in the PGAT is now asking for more $$$ from sponsors.  Is there any wonder why the PGAT lost 3 of its biggeest sponsors they had in the last 6 months.

Edited by CDM
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, idrive said:

Check out their website.

https://www.livgolf.com/potential-unleashed

They do quite a lot, and have segments within each tournament showing the local charities they support and initiatives they drive. Additionally, several players have prominent foundations. For example, the Garcia's support Children's Hospital and Foster Care families. Pretty cool. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PowerFade36 said:

LIV golf have any plans to be televised on a mainstream TV channel? Hate watching golf on my devices.

Youtube is on every smart tv in the world, is it not?

Titleist TSR3 - Hzrdus T1100 Hulk

Sub 70 949 Pro Hybrid 19 and 22* - Recoil Dart 95x

Srixon ZX7 - MMT's 105TX SSx1

Sub 70 JB Forged 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*- MMT Scoring

PXG Gen2 Mini Gunboat

5 hours ago, CDM said:

You keep saying the PGAT is fine over and over to but the data from the last few PGAT events, your right it shows your statement is true that there is as much larger segement of non WRX golfers ingornig .... GOLF.

The Mexico Open dropped 15% in ratings and 13% viewership from last year.  I will concede it is the "Mexico Open" a who really cares event, but the Genesis Open which included the "Hype" of Tiger Woods which we all know Tiger draws people to watch was down 5% just on Sunday.  The prior days were down even more so one of the top events for hte PGAT with the top draw names and it declines also.....

Those precentages might seem trival to you and others but to sponsors they are not.  Adding in the PGAT is now asking for more $$$ from sponsors.  Is there any wonder why the PGAT lost 3 of its biggeest sponsors they had in the last 6 months.

At this point it doesn’t matter. The deal with SSG will help combat any loss in sponsors. With PGAT enterprises certain tournaments won’t be under the nonprofit umbrella and any revenue generated from them will be reinvested into the PGAT

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stinger_gc said:

At this point it doesn’t matter. The deal with SSG will help combat any loss in sponsors. With PGAT enterprises certain tournaments won’t be under the nonprofit umbrella and any revenue generated from them will be reinvested into the PGAT

How does the investment work?  Was it an act of good will or does ssg expect to be paid back plus interest?

5 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Big picture the data doesn't support your claim. 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/pga-tour-2023-season-us-tv-viewers-audience-ratings-nbc-cbs-golf-channel/?zephr_sso_ott=AabUmU

The web traffic info on the liv and pgat sites are easily accessible. LIV's interest is still small and showing little growth. This is not good for a young, heavily funded entity especially after spending $500M to sign Rahm.

There's fractional interest in LIV outside the USA which has to be a disappointment for a organization looking for global recognition and acceptance. LIV literally sees 6% the web traffic as the pgat. Pgat web traffic has increased in the past 6 months wheresas liv is down slightly. Who knows but maybe AK will give them a pop. But is it sustained? My bet is no. 

Woo me with data to say otherwise. 

image.png.4504423ae3bf5c7377eb6cc748d68328.png

image.png.24ea21ca7f6473e96546e143b048cb4b.png

You can change it to overall if you like.

Fact is Genesis was down. To me that was surprising given Tiger was hosting.

Maybe being sick was part of it but a 51% drop on opening day and day after was lower when it's Tiger is telling

3 hours ago, pingbling23 said:

How does the investment work?  Was it an act of good will or does ssg expect to be paid back plus interest?

The way I understand it was SSG did an audit of the tour and invested X percent into pga tour enterprises and that’s what their equity will be from the “for profit” part of the pga tour. I think PIF will be brought in is they’ll invest into PGAT enterprises and get a % of equity. I have absolutely no clue how they’ll decide who gets how much 

48 minutes ago, stinger_gc said:

The way I understand it was SSG did an audit of the tour and invested X percent into pga tour enterprises and that’s what their equity will be from the “for profit” part of the pga tour. I think PIF will be brought in is they’ll invest into PGAT enterprises and get a % of equity. I have absolutely no clue how they’ll decide who gets how much 

thank you.  ive seen many posts about how good it is for the pga tour getting the money but ive missed what it means for the future and how ssg was going to get that money back.

7 hours ago, 2balls1cup said:

Last night was my first time watching LIV golf, as I am an AK fan and wanted to see how he'd play. I'm glad he's back and thought he played relatively well considering the circumstances. However, LIV golf as a product was much worse than I expected. The entire thing just felt like an exhibition that was extremely unserious - from the shotgun start, to the loud annoying music, the lack of fans, and the golfer attire (especially AK lol). I am not an old curmudgeon that thinks everything needs to be 'how it always was' on the PGA Tour, but there's a fine line and LIV has crossed way over it, not in a good way. They might as well have let them ride carts and drink on the course (might have been more entertaining).

The golf itself was totally uninteresting as well, outside of AK. I know LIV paid AK to bring eyes to their league, but I think the only thing its accomplished is the unintended consequence of showing people how bad the product actually is. I can't imagine any first-time LIV viewers last night walking away thinking 'man, I've really been missing out'. If it wasn't funded by unlimited $, LIV would have absolutely zero chance of success.

Its exactly what they dont understand. It is the format, shotgun 54 holes, golf is secondary to the party and the events are meaningless. Turning off golfers hoping to get people to come and party?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Big picture the data doesn't support your claim. 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/pga-tour-2023-season-us-tv-viewers-audience-ratings-nbc-cbs-golf-channel/?zephr_sso_ott=AabUmU

The web traffic info on the liv and pgat sites are easily accessible. LIV's interest is still small and showing little growth. This is not good for a young, heavily funded entity especially after spending $500M to sign Rahm.

There's fractional interest in LIV outside the USA which has to be a disappointment for a organization looking for global recognition and acceptance. LIV literally sees 6% the web traffic as the pgat. Pgat web traffic has increased in the past 6 months wheresas liv is down slightly. Who knows but maybe AK will give them a pop. But is it sustained? My bet is no. 

Woo me with data to say otherwise. 

image.png.4504423ae3bf5c7377eb6cc748d68328.png

image.png.24ea21ca7f6473e96546e143b048cb4b.png

The LIV website is horrible from a UX standpoint. Too cluttered 

Here’s the interview with Rory so you can see & hear it for yourselves.  I get the impression if Rory completes the Grand Slam he’s jumping ship.  I like how he defended Gooch too- good on him.

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, idrive said:

What it's "telling" is the general golfing public that actually watches golf is sick and freaking tired of the whole liv- PGAT fiasco. 

liv has done more damage to professional golf that any other single anything that has ever taken place.

The divide will never heal.  It's us vs them and the divide will only continue to worsen. Until/if liv folds.

"Growing the game"  Please, how about ruining the game.

Maybe you should ask actual tour pros if they think LIV is the worst thing ever.  Guys on LIV getting megabucks forces PGA tour to raise purses, signature events, SSG bonus checks coming soon.  Golf pros have never had it so good.

LIV isn't going to fold, a merger will unfold sometime this year.  For some reason that will give some people the sadz.

PS. Golf interest has been going downward for many years, the yoy data people spouting on here is meaningless.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/major-golf-ratings-historical-masters-us-open-british-pga-championship-tiger-woods/

Edited by pgapromex
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ashortgame said:

Yes sadly this thread has turned into a negativity fest. I occasionally venture here to see if anything has changed. Pound for pound this week's LIV is a really solid field while the Cognizant Classic has but a sprinkling of quality players. It look more like a KF field.

I still dislike the shotgun start format which I think is quite unfair and the commentary is awful but there is no denying the quality of the LIV field.

The negativity seems to be the usual posters who probably are using 8 years old Game Improvement clubs and are so out of touch with the modern game  they cant see night from day.

I think its more used to boost their post count thinking in some deluded way it gives them credibility. There are posters in here who have upwards of 3,000 posts! I wonder if they actually play golf? 

Shame really. 

A sure fire way to know when someone run out of valid points is when they start the personal insults.

A smart person told me that many years ago and it always holds true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter