MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics 722 Hybrid and C722 Ti-Utility! See What Members Are Saying!

36499815_TourEdgehYBRIDtesting.png.f9d10e8fd3b6f9d0e5678ccaeec6f8ad.png

GolfWRX has five of our members testing out the Tour Edge 722 Hybrids & C722 Ti-Utility! The 722 Hybrids features the revolutionary RyzerSole Technology, which brings the ultimate in power, feel and forgiveness through Tour Edge’s breakthrough Diamond Face VFT technology. The C722 Ti-Utility comes with a new compact shape with added offset, combining the look, feel and workability of a traditional forged iron with the extreme distance of a metalwood. The members below will be reporting back to the community about the things that they have noticed while testing this product. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them! 

Learn more about the E722 and C722 Hybrid here.

Learn more about the C722 Ti-Utility 
here.

The testers are:

@Bullpride

@18th Legion

@Aprovenz

@TheDominator273

@BunkerSnot

Thank you to @Tour Edge Golffor putting on this exciting member testing event!

• Like 1

Thank you so much to @Tour Edge Golf and @GolfWRX_Official for putting this on! I was lucky enough to get selected to test out the E722 hybrid. I was thrilled since I have an old trusty Cobra 4 iron that I was looking forward to putting under the gun.

The club arrived 2 days after I received notification which is amazing. Come to find out they're a 2 hour drive away from me, so not unexpected, but awesome nonetheless. 

IMG-1206.jpg.49abdbaa6daaca4f1b5b7bf10cc7cc4b.jpg

First off, the club looks good. Kind of has the Mizuno "framed carbon" look. A little busier crown than what I'm used to, but it's still class. The thing I really like is the footprint behind the ball. I like a bigger-ish hybrid. My Cobra is the OS version from 2017. I like a confidence inspiring look at address and it definitely fits the bill. 

IMG-1207.jpg.d5c1d3215b0ea5b6e289c792c3ab9fdb.jpgIMG-1209.jpg.97a7521418524e0acbd0aa5cf3beb639.jpgIMG-1208.jpg.b70a2b79e2b2c4e4fd0cb3f4b95c3c80.jpgIMG-1210.jpg.f1c6f6b5b5b964c7c127dbe714c377cd.jpg

I was able to get this out on the range for a few swings. I went with the KBS TGI 80s shaft based on recommendation from the Tour Edge Website. It feels great. The only gripe I have with my current hybrid is that I tend to hit an overly spinny ball. It's honestly what I prefer in most cases, and I know that this is kind of what this club was made for, but I'd like to see a big stronger of a flight that doesn't balloon on me. A lot of the time lately I'm using hybrid off the tee and hitting it as hard as I can on par 5's when I don't trust the 3 wood. 

IMG-1226.jpg.ec8df0a01146b7d9f5c7881dfe329608.jpgIMG-1225.jpg.bbdf63e86dedf5eb4496e5ff51a2954f.jpg

I'd like to get this on the course and test with my ProV1s (cause obviously range balls aren't the best), but from my first few swings I'd say the club performs better on the "spinny balloon" shots. I was having a good ball striking day and when catching one high on the face, the club really takes off. The sound also sticks out to me in the positive. It's not "muted" by any stretch, but it's definitely a better sound than my Cobra. I think the club frames the ball well. I was kind of lining the edge of the ball up with where the solid black border/edging of the club cuts in towards the back of the club. Like I said, I need to get this bad boy out of the course and see what it can do.

Right after I found out I was selected for this club, I found a great deal on a U505 22* (same loft as this guy), so I might keep both and rotate, or see which one fits my needs better. Like I stated before, I've been using hybrid a lot off the tee, so the flight of the driving iron might be preferred for that spot, that way I can sneak a longer hybrid in there for the par 5 shots. 

I'm hoping to get this guy out this weekend for a round, and will most definitely update with my thoughts and the performance of the club. Tour Edge is doing some awesome things with their clubs. From first impressions, I'd say they have another winner here. If gapping gets worked out, I'd say this guys has a real chance at making it into the bag. Definitely feel free to reach out with questions or comments if you have any!

Thanks again!

• Like 2

Ping G430 10.5

Ping G410 17.5

Cobra OS 22/25

Maltby PTM Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58

Odyssey Rossie

@GolfWRX and @Tour Edge Golf for the opportunity to review the E722 Hybrid. I received it last night and couldn't wait to take some swing in the basement. 

TLDR

The E722 is a good looking club that is easy to hit with consistent results.  

What I Received

Tour Edge Exotics E722 Hybrid

Shaft: Ventus Blue Stiff

Loft: 19

Length: Standard

Grip Size: Midsized

A bit about me

I am currently carrying a 20 HCP, though I play on a rather tough course.  I am also an 5-8 HCP on GSPro Simulator Tours.  I play 3-5 times a month outside and 4-8 rounds a week in the basement (plus range time).  The weaknesses in my game right now are inconsistent ball striking with irons as well as struggles with wedge and putter play.   I have been working with a coach every two weeks and have made some solid improvements. 

Unboxing

The E722 came well packaged in a good looking box with solid packing materials.  I would have no concerns with it showing up in anything other than perfect condition. 

IMG_4897.JPEG.f864be91c52d9f4da2b594e281a2b49d.JPEG

IMG_4898.JPEG.94757301e562ad3104f2b6dda5faa0e1.JPEG

IMG_4899.JPEG.2df59e0b56feac0610d69dca2cb531ab.JPEG

Looks

It is a very good looking club both in the bag and at address.  The large-ish head inspires confidence without being as bulky as a wood.  I prefer thinner irons but did not find it difficult at all to line up behind the E722. 

IMG_4906.JPEG.3707eaf147f17e3bae702526b003b826.JPEGIMG_4905.JPEG.76dfa3f14b21e1cad190ec52cca0a7d7.JPEGIMG_4904.JPEG.4a229a52b39bc4f43c4d5069367c3de4.JPEG

At the (basement) range

I am fortunate to be able to hit clubs as soon as they arrive. My basement setup includes GC2 (Ball data) with HMT (Club data).  I video recorded my initial swings.  Video of those swings is linked below.   

I have been looking for something to fill the gap between my 3/4 iron and my 3wood.  The E722 fits perfectly.  Even on mishits, ball of the deck carried 195-205 and rolled out to 210-225.   I easily able to get it up in the air, much easier than the One Length 3Utility I have been playing. 

On the (basement) Course

Immediately after my range session, I took the club out to the course (in the basement).   I play on the SGT Web tour which plays from the middle tees.   I was confident hitting the club off the tee on shorter par 4s.  I also felt really good about hitting it into greens from 200 yards.   I will work on editing the shots out of my round to post here. 

On the (outside) Course

I look forward to taking this out to the course and will update when I do. 

Conclusion

I strongly suggest the E722 for anyone looking for a consistent and easy to hit Hybrid to fill the gap between long irons and fairway woods. 

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. 

Edited by Bullpride
  • Like 2

Bag 1: Callaway Apex Pro (2020) PW-5i, Cobra Mim Raw black GW, Odyssey Black Series 008

Bag 2: Titleist Tour Model Forged Blades (1980) PW-2i,  Wilson 8813

Both Bags: Callaway Epic Max LS driver, Cobra Speedzone 3w,  Sub 70 JB Forged Wedge Full Groove Raw 56, JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 60

Adding to an ever growing collection of 8802/Napa style putters

Home setup: GC2+HMT, GSPro, Fiberbuilt 4x7

Thank you @GolfWRX_Official and @Tour Edge Golf for the opportunity!  I was selected to test the 722 Ti-Utility.  This was great timing, as just hours before I got my notice of being selected I was on Google Earth planning my tee strategy for my Playing Ability Test this fall and there are lots of holes where I was looking at 220-250 to take out trouble and leave a short iron into the greens.

Quick background on my golf game, I started playing again and working as an assistant pro last season after 8 years of working in other fields and not touching my clubs.  When I left golf I was between a 2-3 handicap, and I'm currently a 5.7.  I've never been great with fairway woods or hybrids, but have hit long irons well.  After struggling again with woods last year and trying everything from the 300 Mini to the Callaway UW I decided to put a 3 iron in the bag for this season and have played most of the year with 13 clubs.

I am currently playing a Srixon ZX5 3 iron with 20* of loft in the spot the 722 Ti-Utility is up for, so all comparisons are between those 2 clubs.

First Impressions

The club arrived to the course I work at in under a week.  It was extremely well packaged with lots of paper inside of a heavy duty box.

My club didn't come with the shaft I asked for (Ventus Blue 8S) and came with a Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S instead.  It was a coin flip decision between that and the Ventus so I'm not terribly concerned with getting that shaft instead.

Looks wise the 722 is awesome.  It is slightly bigger heel to toe than my ZX5 3 iron, as well as a hair fatter on the top line, but neither are a huge departure from what I'm already looking down at.  You can definitely see more junk in the trunk of the 722, but the faux blade back flows into the sole in an aesthetic manner in ways that the utility irons were back when I had last considered them circa 2012.

I've managed one range session so far with the 722, and two things immediately jump out at me.  Ball speed and forgiveness.  With similar effort swings, the 722 is 3-4 mph faster off the face than my ZX5.  What that has done is translated into about 7 extra yards of carry on my stock low running tee shot (138 mph BS 215 yds carry, 12* launch, 3500 rpm and peak height around 75 ft).  I've also found it easier to hit a high ball, giving me nearly the same total yardage but with more carry.  With the ZX5 the higher ball was possible, but it was harder to execute on command.

I'm encouraged by the early results, and despite not being sure the shaft is a great fit for me I think this club will be in my bag for the foreseeable future.

More to come as I get more hands on time with it and get it on the course for the first time!

Edited by TheDominator273
  • Like 3

Quick update.  I took the club out on the course last night for my Thursday evening 9 holes flighted scramble.  I am a C player, so I expect to a play a few of my shots through the evening.  I had an exceptionally good day while our A player struggled in places.  I had two opportunities to hit the E722.

220 yards out from the left rough on a long short Par 5.  We were in the right rough with the ball slightly below my feet.  I hit a low pull that faded to the middle of the green, scooting through to the right back fringe.  The others in my group cheered. 

The other chance was a long 230+ par 3, which seems to be perfect for a club like this.  I am capable of hitting a draw with it which is needed as the pin usually tucked left around/behind a hill.   Unfortunately I topped my shot (no fault of the club).  Hopefully next week I will make better contact and will be able to report the results. 

I continue to be very confident over the ball with this in my hand.  I plan on taking it out to the other course I typically play (Lakeview in Morgantown WV).  It has narrow tree lined fairways, especially on several ~400 par 4s.  This club lines up perfectly for me off the tee and should perform well.   Updates to come. 

Bag 1: Callaway Apex Pro (2020) PW-5i, Cobra Mim Raw black GW, Odyssey Black Series 008

Both Bags: Callaway Epic Max LS driver, Cobra Speedzone 3w,  Sub 70 JB Forged Wedge Full Groove Raw 56, JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 60

I was chosen to test (thank you @TourEdgeGolf and @GolfWRX ) and selected a C722 Hybrid, Fujikura Ventus Blue - Regular flex, 19* - #3

I was finally able to get out to the course and the new hybrid was a big part of my course planning.  I'll have more of my experience and photos in the next couple days but the 2 things I have now; this club is a beast and I will be changing the grip to my standard Golf Pride CP2 Wrap and the C722 will be an immediate add to the bag.

Edited by BunkerSnot
  • Like 1

Realized I hadn't posted any pictures of the 722 Ti-Utility vs my ZX5 so here is a good one.

PXL_20220808_205843707_MP.jpg.7cede1ac55cd0dac6541efccd869a232.jpg

The 722 is on the right, the ZX5 on the left.

I was able to get out and play a round tonight and hit my 722 a few times.  I remain impressed by the forgiveness of the club and the overall ball speed it offers.  I didn't hit it particularly well tonight, but found myself past where similar strikes would have gone with my ZX5.  I do think the shaft is too light for me, so I have a Modus 105X 2 iron shaft on the way to put in the head so as to match the rest of my irons.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The oft delayed review - @TourEdgeGolf moving back to the first page of the equipment forum - bring on the questions.

I was selected to test and review the C722 Hybrid - I received a #3-19*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-R shaft.

2.jpg.ff517b151fcd4f8e094b8c592b4f5101.jpg

1.jpg.97ed4638b66a8f088455ea95984d356d.jpg

3.jpg.3bf6d88bd6eb68c110549f11e6e8bb79.jpg

4.jpg.4dd793d0467ad4124160a392d546e47c.jpg

7.jpg.ecfb7fc7cacbff99dac3c93b0fc7de5e.jpg

8.jpg.bb3085e5ebed928460c4db57f31df5a4.jpg

A bit about my game - Playing once a week I have regressed to an 18 handicap, strengths are recovery shots and putting, weakness is driving, so having a club that will go "that way" as far as possible is what I continually seek... along comes the Tour Edge C722 Hybrid 😀

My previous long hybrid was a 2018 Callaway Epic #3-20* - photos below for comparison

5.jpg.dc6412da58186080503da93283bfd264.jpg

C722 on the right - more compact, with a little taller (deeper) face

6.jpg.4d82eabc287445f7708202d9cf3ad816.jpg

My request of previous hybrid was 200 yards, decent swing would typically garner adequate results 190 to 200 yards, but seldom longer.

My first on course shot with the C722, a touch out of the toe but it produced a wonderful, penetrating 215 yard shot just right of the green (my poor alignment)

9.jpg.891d5a5eb3d74e209a955d9b77aa8373.jpg

I was slightly worried the Tour Edge C722 wouldn't have the forgiveness necessary for my swing, but I have been pleasantly surprised.  My ball strike has been all over the face, full swing, partial swing, putt from the fringe, 100% effort, 80% effort, 75 yard low punch under tree limbs all have been met with a pleasing "tink" and the ball just goes.  Smooth swing distance is easily 200 yards (easier and more consistent than previous hybrid, happy me), efforted swing is impressive, with a long of 236 yards (tee to fairway).  The only lie that has penalized me with the C722 is one which leads to ball strike higher on the face (pop up, carry 170 to 180 yards).  The Tour Edge C722 hybrid may not be the best fit for all golfers but I will say the Ventus shaft matched to the club I have is something everyone should at least take for a couple of test swings.

P.S. - I will be adding the C722 #5-23* to the bag very soon... again bring on the questions!

Edited by BunkerSnot
  • Like 1

Update: The E722 still continues to perform nicely. I have grown to prefer the ball flight, feel, and look to my trusty Cobra. I haven't been able to play a whole lot of golf so I lent the club to my father to try out. They're a breeze to hit for him as well even as a 25 handicap. Needless to say, I'm going to have to beg for it back! 

• Like 1

Ping G430 10.5

Ping G410 17.5

Cobra OS 22/25

Maltby PTM Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58

Odyssey Rossie

I've hesitated to post an update because I have been struggling on a good shaft fit for me.  It's clear that the ball speed I'm looking for is there.  However, with the stock 75 gram shaft it was definitely too light and I struggled with consistency and dispersion.  I put in a Modus 105X shaft that was soft stepped once to match my iron shafts and early in a round or range session I can manage it, albeit with a lower than preferred ball flight, but even halfway through a round the weight gets to be too much.

I have a couple other shafts I plan to try as the look and feel of the 722 Utility is great, and the extra ball speed over my set 3 iron turns it into an awesome weapon to have in the bag.

• Like 1

I have been using this club extensively at my local courses.  It seems to be automatic any time I need 200-215.  I find myself using it in various situations.  It is great off the tee on short par 4s (and when my driver isn't doing what I need).  it is amazing in the fairway on approach.  It also performs very well out of the rough.  

I have also found it incredibly useful in the basement during rounds.  I can put together a range session or some on course video if anyone is interested (which would include ball/club data). 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 6:07 PM, BunkerSnot said:

The C722 #5-23* has been purchased and arrived today... it will be in the bag this weekend.

You won't be disappointed.  Let us know how it goes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 9:31 PM, TheDominator273 said:

Realized I hadn't posted any pictures of the 722 Ti-Utility vs my ZX5 so here is a good one.

PXL_20220808_205843707_MP.jpg.7cede1ac55cd0dac6541efccd869a232.jpg

The 722 is on the right, the ZX5 on the left.

I was able to get out and play a round tonight and hit my 722 a few times.  I remain impressed by the forgiveness of the club and the overall ball speed it offers.  I didn't hit it particularly well tonight, but found myself past where similar strikes would have gone with my ZX5.  I do think the shaft is too light for me, so I have a Modus 105X 2 iron shaft on the way to put in the head so as to match the rest of my irons.

Anymore updates on how you like the DI?  Debating whether to go with TE or with the Srixon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@TheDominator273 I am looking at the C722 ti-utility (I always look at utilities towards the end of the season) and I too am worried about the weight of the shaft(s) since I am trying to basically fill the 4 iron spot with it. I am currently playing KBS Tour 120 S in my irons which feels pretty good. Looks like the Tensei AV Raw White to be the heaviest stock option at 90ish grams but I don't love the idea of a "low" launch. Basically I assume I would try the ventus blue made for shaft since and see if I can get along with it. 

All that is to say, have you found a shaft option that helps with your consistency and dispersion? 

• Like 1

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 17.75* - LIN-Q Blue

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 21.5* - PX U-Steel 6.0

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Maltby MAX Milled 58*

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

40 minutes ago, vandyfan said:

@TheDominator273 I am looking at the C722 ti-utility (I always look at utilities towards the end of the season) and I too am worried about the weight of the shaft(s) since I am trying to basically fill the 4 iron spot with it. I am currently playing KBS Tour 120 S in my irons which feels pretty good. Looks like the Tensei AV Raw White to be the heaviest stock option at 90ish grams but I don't love the idea of a "low" launch. Basically I assume I would try the ventus blue made for shaft since and see if I can get along with it. 

All that is to say, have you found a shaft option that helps with your consistency and dispersion? 

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to do so.  Working at a golf course in MN in the fall leaves little time to get out and play.  The times the course is playable due to light or weather I'm working.

I do think something in the low 90s for weight is what will work best for me, just need to pick one, install it and see how it goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandyfan said:

I read other places the launch is on the higher side to other DIs.  That is kind of where I am as well.  Not sure I get along with the hybrid, but want some more like an iron.  I am a big Tour Edge fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfinbrad said:

Not sure I get along with the hybrid, but want some more like an iron.  I am a big Tour Edge fan.

I don't get along with fairway woods so I think I should test the TE Utility vs the TE Hybrid. There is probably even a world where I could game both the TE 4 iron utility iron and then a 2-3 iron loft hybrid. Looks like the Golf Galaxy carries it so there we go. 

Maltby MAX Milled 58*

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

38 minutes ago, vandyfan said:

I don't get along with fairway woods so I think I should test the TE Utility vs the TE Hybrid. There is probably even a world where I could game both the TE 4 iron utility iron and then a 2-3 iron loft hybrid. Looks like the Golf Galaxy carries it so there we go. 

Let us know how you make out.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, vandyfan said:

If you can find the Ventus Blue 8 give it a go.  I find the made for shaft to be very stable, good for a nice mid ball flight and just a touch firmer than the flex would indicate... you can go after it a bit and the shaft won't punish you with odd deflections.  If you don't like the club after 3 swings put it back on the rack.  Enjoy the testing.

• Like 1

I got to a simulator this week and they didn't have the Ti-Utility (will have to go to Golf Galaxy for that which I will) but I did get a chance to hit the Srixon ZX and Sim Stealth UDI and was absolutely roasting those (for me). Like hitting them too far. The Srixon was 23* but I was hitting 139-140 mph ball speed and carrying it 215-220 on good strikes. Really I am trying to fill a 190-200 yd gap but now this has me re-thinking things. If the tour edge is that hot I may have to step back to the 5i (25*) even though I already a carry a 26* set 5 iron. 

• Thanks 1

Maltby MAX Milled 58*

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

1 minute ago, vandyfan said:

I got to a simulator this week and they didn't have the Ti-Utility (will have to go to Golf Galaxy for that which I will) but I did get a chance to hit the Srixon ZX and Sim Stealth UDI and was absolutely roasting those (for me). Like hitting them too far. The Srixon was 23* but I was hitting 139-140 mph ball speed and carrying it 215-220 on good strikes. Really I am trying to fill a 190-200 yd gap but now this has me re-thinking things. If the tour edge is that hot I may have to step back to the 5i (25*) even though I already a carry a 26* set 5 iron. 

Thanks for the follow up.  I plan on getting a TE Utility in a couple weeks.  Absolutely killing the C722 driver.  Like the 3 wood, but might need to make a shaft change.  Want to compare the Utility to the C721 hybrid. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I know its been a while but wanted to update everyone on my Tour Edge experience.  I picked up a C722 4Hybrid, 5 wood, and driver.   They are quickly become my favorite clubs in the bag.  I turned both the 4H and 5W down a degree and they are absolute launchers.  I have never been more confident at the top of the bag than I am with these clubs!

• Like 1