2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: Fujikura VENTUS TR Black and Red Shafts! 4 Testers Needed!

1. City, State? - Tampa, Florida

2. Handicap? - 6.5
3. Current driver setup? - Titleist TSi2 w/ Ventus Black 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black TR 7S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love the Black and would like to see if this can perform better than the original Black
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

Edited by mantismike

Driver:  Titleist TSi2 9* Ventus Black 6S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi2 15* Speeder 757 Evo II S

Utility: Titleist T-200 3 Iron Ventus Blue HB 8 S

Irons: Titleist 620CB w/ DGTI X100 4-6

Irons: Titleist 620MB w/ DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM9 50/8F, 56/10S, 60/4T

Putter: Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+ 34"

Ball: Pro V1

1. City, State? Green Lake, Wisconsin

2. Handicap? +1
3. Current driver setup? Ping G410 LST with handcrafted hzrdus smoke green PVD 70 tx
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black TR 7x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I have been wanting to test something against a set up that has been in the bag for 3 years.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, I have access to a trackman as well to provide detailed numbers and findings.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

1. North Oaks, Minnesota

2. 7
3. SIM 2 9* with Ventus Black 7TX
4. Black, 7TX or 7
5. I've become a Fujikura fanboy after finally taking fittings and equipment seriously. I own Ventus driver shafts in both black and blue profiles after fitting into both of them, play a 10X Blue in my driving iron, and love my Pro 2.0 that's in my 3 wood. 
6. Yes! I have access to both FlightScope via my coach and Trackman on demand at my club, so I would be happy to provide qualitative and quantitative feedback.  

1.City, State? Staunton, Va

2. Handicap? +3.8
3. Current driver setup? Stealth plus 9° Ventus black 6x…..we’ll testing the blue now since my black broke in the tip section 3 days ago.
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I want to see how different the evolution in the line is and how different it is or similar data wise.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course. Would love to do that!

Edited by Gtyler14

1. City, State? - Toledo, OH

2. Handicap? - 10.4
3. Current driver setup? - Stealth Plus 9* Ventus Black 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  - TR Black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I have fallen in love with the Black 6x, I think it is one of the best shafts in the last 10 years. I do have to turn my Stealth down in loft, and I think with this shaft the launch may be lower and really feel the tiny void I have been gaming.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? - Absolutely!

Cobra Aerojet LS 9°  |  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
TaylorMade Sim Ti 15°  | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  Tour Issue X100 Onyx
**IRON SET UNDER CONSTRUCTION** 
Titleist SM8 50° |  Tour Issue X100 Onyx

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

1. City, State? Sylmar, CA

2. Handicap? 1.5
3. Current driver setup? Callaway Rogue ST, Ventus Black 6S tipped 3/4"
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Ventus TR Black 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Been a fan of Fujikura since they released the ATMOS shafts, I have the 6X Augusta Limited edition. Also have the Blue and Black Velocores so I am curious to see what the TR will add to the shaft
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1. City, State? Point Roberts, Washington 

2. Handicap? 6
3. Current driver setup? Sim2 10.5 Fujikura blue 6x and experimenting with Ventus "Purple" 6x (Red tipped 2") 
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Red 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Like everyone on this site, I like to tinker and LOVE GEAR.  Also after a few months of speed/strength training, I've seen some big gains and I am searching for a new driver shaft. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, other than looking at Golfwrx during the day I work in Communication so I would love to share my experience and take photos...

WITB
Driver: TM Stealth 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Ventus TR Blue 6X 
3Wood:TM TI Stealth 3 wood Oban Purple 75 X 
Hybrid: Free Agent (potential 7 wood)
4 iron: TM TI Gapr Lo Nippon GOST TS 

Irons: 5 TM TI P760 Mitsubishi OTH 90G 
6-PW TM TI P7MC KBS Tour V 125 (thanks D_Coop86)  
Wedges: TM TI Hi-Toe 2 50-54-60* KBS 610
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X 5r "Knuckle-neck" w Accra FX 400/Garsen Quad Pro Grip
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B Xs

1. City, State? Memphis, TN

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current driver setup? Callaway Rogue ST MAX w/VENTUS Red 6s
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  VENTUS Red TR 6s
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Because the Ventus Red is the best shaft I have ever played.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, for sure.

1. Cleveland, OH

2. 9
3. Rogue ST Triple Diamond 10.5 set at 9.5 - AV white stiff
4. VENTUS RED TR 6s
5. Love the idea of a smooth profile and always wanted to try a high end shaft
6. I will go above and beyond to satisfy the needs and wants for an in-depth report/comparison.

Rogue ST Triple Diamond 10.5* @ 9.5*
Nike SQII 15*
Adams A7 18*
Titleist AP2 712 4-PW
Vokey 52* SM2 56* BV Custom 60*
Scotty Midslant 33"

How To Apply
1. City, State? Reno, NV

2. Handicap? 1.5
3. Current driver setup? Stealth + 9 degree Ventus blue 6x tipped 1.5 inches
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? big fan of the ventus line. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? of course

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

1. City, State?  Saratoga Springs, NY

2. Handicap? 6
3. Current driver setup? Titleist TSi3 w/ Ventus Red 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  I'm very interested in the Red TR 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  The Ventus Red has been the best driver (and 3w) shaft I've used.  I'd love the chance to see if the new technology incorporated in the TR line would be even better for me.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes, absolutely would.  Have our Club Championship a month from now and would be interesting to see how we can do under some pressure!

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

1. City, State - Sheboygan, WI

2. Handicap - 9.0
3. Current driver setup - TaylorMade Stealth+ 8* with VA Composites Vylyn 65 Stiff
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? - VENTUS TR Black in 6s
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? - I've always had a bit too much spin with the driver, but I like to swing shafts that I can still feel the clubhead. Having a shorter, quick swing also makes the stability extremely important. Getting the timing down with a shaft like this, especially to help bring spin down, would be amazing. And having an all-black Driver (with the Ventus TR Black and the black Stealth head) would just look sweet. I could bring my handicap down even farther if I missed the driver in better places, and I think the Ventus TR Black would do that.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course - I enjoy writing reviews & keeping the forum updated.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS Driver with Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6X
Callaway Paradym 3 Wood with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7TX
Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 5 Wood with Graphite Design Tour AD DJ 7TX
Callaway Rogue ST Pro Hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
Callaway Paradym 5-AW with VA Composites Synystr 110X Shafts
Callaway Paradym GW with Mitsubishi Chemical MMT 105TX
Callaway CB 56* with Mitsubishi Chemical MMT 105TX
Toulon Garage Daytona Beach Putter

Callaway Tour 300 Laser Rangefinder

1. City, State? Glen Carbon, IL

2. Handicap? 4
3. Current driver setup? TM Sim Max 9* Aldila Quaranta Reg
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus Red TR 5 Red 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Improve face contact and shot dispersion 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1. City, State?    Statesville NC 

2. Handicap?     7
3. Current driver setup?  Cobra SZ weight forward stiff flex Aldilla silver 65g
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black X flex. 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Driver is by far the weakness of my bag. I have high swing speeds (117) and my current setup is just to soft. My buddies Ventus is the best feeling shafts I’ve ever swung 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!! 

DRIVER - Titleist TSI3- Tour AD DI 6x

FAIRWAY WOODS - Callaway Rogue ST LS 3W- Rogue Silver X

HYBRIDS - PING G410

IRONS - Taylormade P760-DGS300

WEDGES - Cleveland Zipcore 56 / Callaway MD4 60

PUTTER - SeeMore 

1. City, State? Glenville, NY

2. Handicap? +.3
3. Current driver setup? TaylorMade SiM 8* with UST Proforce V2 7F5 tipped 1.5"
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Black TR 6x Tipped 1"
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Im looking to tighten dispersion while maintaining stable ballflight with low spin and good launch conditions with good feel. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Definitely! I have multiple different heads and adapters i can test this with and would love to see how it feels and performs. Hopefully to kick out my gamer shaft and allow me to improve my fairways hit per round. 

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

1. City, State? Greenville, SC

2. Handicap? 11
3. Current driver setup?  Callaway Mavrik w/ Evenflow Riptide
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6s
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Heard the stability is amazing on the TR's

Mizuno ST-Z 220 10.5* - Tensei Blue Raw AV 65S

Ping G425 5w 16.5* - Alta CB 65S, Ping G425 7w 19.5* - Tensei Orange AV Raw 75S

Mizuno CLK 22* & 25* - Tensei CK Blue 70S

Mizuno 919 HMP 5i-PW - Recoil 95 F4, Mizuno T22 54 & 58 - Recoil 95 F4

Odyssey 2 Ball Ten White Hot Tour Insert

1. City, State? Destin, FL

2. Handicap? 4.2
3. Current driver setup? Stealth Plus 8* with Ventus Black 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? I would love to test the Black TR 6s shaft, but both if I had a chance.  
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? wI have been searching and searching for a driver shafts that will deliver the piercing ball flight as well as the necessary spin characteristics.  The Black is as close as I have come.  Very interested in trying the new shafts.  
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely! I also just bought a Full Swing Swing monitor kit so I would be able to provide in depth numbers to go along with a test.  I could provide feel characteristics and hard data to support any conclusions.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, GolfWRX_Official said:

APPLY NOW!

1. City, State? Rochester, NY

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current driver setup? Cobra ltdx ls with vented blue TR6x 
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love the ventus blue TR and was between that and the ventus black but just slightly preferred the blue TR with the slight higher launch profile. Huge fan of the ventus line as I also play them in my woods. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, absolutely! 

1. City, State? Finland Hyvinkää

2. Handicap? +2.6
3. Current driver setup? Titleist Tsi3
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x TR
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I tested shrotly black 7x velcore and loved it but it was too heavy
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Offcouse i am

1. City, State? DeRidder, LA

2. Handicap? 18
3. Current driver setup?  Rogue ST Max w/ Tensei Blue 65 R
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Red 6 R or S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Still looking for the "perfect" shaft for me, have always heard Ventus is the best.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely.

1. City, State? crystal lake, Illinois

2. Handicap? 3
3. Current driver setup? Ping G400 with diamana Kai'li 70g
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Because I've been considering the shaft for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger and I think it'd be a great way to compare what I have and put my thoughts out there. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, of course. 

1. City, State? Cincinnati, OH

2. Handicap? 0.4

3. Current driver setup?

Stealth plus 9. Ventus black 6X/7X shaft 

4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? 

VENTUS TR BLACK 6X 

5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?

Extremely excited to hear the TR black has the stiffest profile yet, and I’ve been been looking for that as I’ve been going back and forth between the ventus black 6X/7X models for some time now. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

100000% yes

1. Centreville, VA

2. 10.2
3. Titleist TS3 w/ Project X hzrdus smoke black 60 6.5 flex
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 60X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Played Fujikura shafts in the past and would love to get back into them
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes and have access to launch monitor to show numbers plus could take it on course

Titleist TS3 8.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 13.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.5
TaylorMade P790 3 w/ HZRDUS Black 85 6.0
Callaway X Forged 4-PW w/ KBS $Taper 120
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610
Swag Savage Too
Taylormade TP5x

1. City, State? Ambler PA

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current driver setup? Cobra Radspeed, Oban Black Kiyoshi S Flex 65g
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black TR 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I have a Blue TR in a fairway wood an absolutely love it.  Want to try a modern shaft versus the Oban

1. City, State? Venice FL

2. Handicap? +4.3
3. Current driver setup? Ping G410 Plus 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green 70 6.5TX at 44.25
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red TR 8x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I've made dramatic swing changes and have lost too much spin and would love to try a higher launching mid spin shaft in a heavy weight at a longer length than what I am playing now 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course and I'll have access to Launch Monitor's for Full detailed and in depth specs 

Edited by AdamStoutjesdyk

Ping G410 Plus 9* Fujikura Venus TR Black 7-X

Taylormade  Stealth 3HL/16.5 16.5 Tour AD DI 9x

Taylormade Stealth 7/21  Project X Tour Issue 10A2 7.0

Srixon ZX Utility 3/20 Nippon Modus 130x

Srixon ZX7 MK II 4-9 Nippon Modus 130X

Cleveland RTX 6 48/8, 54/8, 60/06 PX 6.5

Evnroll ER2v Midlock 41"

Srixon Z-Star Diamond

How To Apply
1. City, State? Summerville, SC 

2. Handicap? 10 
3. Current driver setup? Callaway triple diamond rogue Ventus Black 6tx 
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6X 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love the black but believe the black TR might be a perfect fit between black 6x and 6tx. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

1. City, State? Va Beach, VA

2. Handicap? .8
3. Current driver setup? Stealth+ Ventus Black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I was a winner of the original Ventus giveaway several years ago and through random circumstances was able to go to and meet the team at Fujikura HQ while on a business trip to SoCal. Although I have strayed from time to time I can honestly say if the first piece of golf equipment I have tried in 30 years where I see and actual appreciable difference in results compared to others. Would be really excited to see how they have improved on the current platform. 

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

1. City, State? Ankeny IA 

2. Handicap? 0
3. Current driver setup? Rogue ST 💎💎💎 S w/ Ventus Blue TR 6TX and/or TSI3 w/ Ventus Black 6TX
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black TR 6TX
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Have played Ventus in all my woods for the past few years and been anxiously awaiting the release of the Black TR !! 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Without question !