Fujikura Ventus TR - Black & Red

liamw

I wonder if we will see the TR tech in hybrid shafts soon? I’d love a TR blue in a driving iron! 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

On 9/3/2022 at 9:37 PM, BirdieBob said:

Based on the comments, I am leaning towards getting fitted for one.  When I was fitted for my TSi4, Titleist fitted me to the Black 7X with 1” tipping but would be better fit to the 7TX.  When I went to order the shaft in mid June, I was told these were on the horizon.  My hope is that the TR7X  is closer to the 7X with a touch less spin than the 7TX.

Side note:  The hole he’s hitting on is at my old home club, Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club in Powell Ohio.  I’ve played the 16th many many times and still have a few friends that live on that hole.  Best line off the tee for that hole is right edge of the 3 bunkers, it gives you a shot at the narrow elevated green in 2.  Solid course, US Open qualifying is held there nearly every year, with sectionals the day after the Memorial this last year again.

Thanks for posting the video link, never watched his videos before this.  

First round with the Black TR 6x in my stealth plus. Untipped at 45.5. Thing is legit. Disliked the original black as felt it had limited feel. Gamed a Tensei 1k for most of last year and was much better feeling and had better results. Recently tried TR blue 6x and would turn over too much but felt great and so easy to find the middle of the club, so went to a 6tx. 6tx TR blue feels much smoother than the Black TR and certainly kicks more but I could still turn it over easily. 

TR Black is brilliant. Nothing has come close to the consistency this shaft provides. Not much curve either way. Again centre strikes being the key here I think. I’ve never felt as confident over a tee shot as I did yesterday

When I first tried ventus black 6x when it came out, SS was around 110 and felt I struggled to load it. I am now around 120 and maybe this is why I’m getting the results now out of the TR? Regardless, it has found a spot in the bag. 

• Like 4

On 9/9/2022 at 1:46 AM, I2izzer said:

First round with the Black TR 6x in my stealth plus. Untipped at 45.5. Thing is legit. Disliked the original black as felt it had limited feel. Gamed a Tensei 1k for most of last year and was much better feeling and had better results. Recently tried TR blue 6x and would turn over too much but felt great and so easy to find the middle of the club, so went to a 6tx. 6tx TR blue feels much smoother than the Black TR and certainly kicks more but I could still turn it over easily. 

TR Black is brilliant. Nothing has come close to the consistency this shaft provides. Not much curve either way. Again centre strikes being the key here I think. I’ve never felt as confident over a tee shot as I did yesterday

When I first tried ventus black 6x when it came out, SS was around 110 and felt I struggled to load it. I am now around 120 and maybe this is why I’m getting the results now out of the TR? Regardless, it has found a spot in the bag. 

TR softer than OG?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I2izzer said:

Definitely. 

No, it’s not softer. But there is a uniqueness to it that adds some level of feel..

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

im lazy and dont feel like reading 7 pages.... i tried a ventus velocore blue or black a few years ago when they were all the rage and just couldnt gel with it. whats different between that original velocore and this release? iirc those were counterbalanced and a big reason why many couldnt adjust to them.

2 hours ago, wy3134 said:

im lazy and dont feel like reading 7 pages.... i tried a ventus velocore blue or black a few years ago when they were all the rage and just couldnt gel with it. whats different between that original velocore and this release? iirc those were counterbalanced and a big reason why many couldnt adjust to them.

Stiffer/more stable handle.

11 hours ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

TR softer than OG?

Absolutely not. Stiffer handle makes the mid feel softer by comparison, but it is not actually softer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Zena said:

Absolutely not. Stiffer handle makes the mid feel softer by comparison, but it is not actually softer.

Does the stiffer handle make the TR load a little easier in the mid section?

I play with a Black 6x and I feel like I am stretching to get the shaft to kick the last few holes on 18. 

I bought the Blue 6x when Ventus first came on the market. It feels whippy and I feel I had to adjust my tempo too much to get along with it. Two way miss. 

Tested 6S.  More linear feel, but too soft. Black 6x has been fantastic, but a little hard to load when I get tired. 

I have always been curious about Red 6x. 

Edited by AtlantaGolf3

1 hour ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

I play with a Black 6x and I feel like I am stretching to get the shaft to kick the last few holes on 18. 

I bought the Blue 6x when Ventus first came on the market. It feels whippy and I feel I had to adjust my tempo too much to get along with it. Two way miss. 

Tested 6S.  More linear feel, but too soft. Black 6x has been fantastic, but a little hard to load when I get tired. 

I have played a Ventus Black 6x in my stealth plus for a few months this year until i tried recently the Red TR 6x with 1inch tip (to help stiffen tip) and honestly am loving the feel.  Easier to load late in rounds but tip isn't allowing two way miss for me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zena said:

So similar to smoke green Tx or rdx blue Tx?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

13 hours ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

I would suggest that when people feel the Black 6X is too hard to load at the end of the round, and you’re dead set on trying a Black TR, try the Black TR 6S or 7S with tipping if you want more tip stability back.

If you tip the Black TR 6S 1”, you’ll probably get a shaft that has the handle stability of the OG 6X, tip stability of an OG 6 S/X, and a mid slightly less soft than the OG 6S, but will be a little easier to load than the OG 6X.

2 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

So similar to smoke green Tx or rdx blue Tx?

Never played OG Smoke Green. RDX Blue TX maybe. I have tried it in 6.5, not TX, and it would def play softer and more lively than the TR 6X.

• Thanks 1

Anyone able to compare the 1K Pro Orange vs TR Black?

Thank you

• Like 1

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

On 9/4/2022 at 7:11 PM, Cellis said:

Well 18 holes in, super impressed. My miss is normally left and this shaft feels very anti left which definitely gives me the confidence to swing more freely. I hope to get it on a trackman soon because I am very curious of my numbers, especially spin. The biggest challenge I have is whether I want to put a 7x in my 3W or not…. 

I have played the OG red for two seasons now.  I’ve commented in other threads that the tip is pretty stiff notwithstanding the marketing on being a high/high profile.   It doesn’t snap hook.  I will pull it but rarely block or see the exaggerated rights two fairways over.  It is however a tempo driven shaft and violent transition into the ball that I have can lead to nasty pulls.

The red TR has me intrigued and might offer additional protection against those pulls. I am likely to order one for the TSR4 that I have on order.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 9/9/2022 at 10:29 AM, Trippels said:

Just got my Ventus TR black 7X. Great stuff. Gives more control, better feel and most importantly a flatter flight than the black 6TX. I've also briefly tried the black 7TX, and I think the flight is similar to the TR 7X,  but the TR feels better. 

Hi, did you tip your TR? I think I’ll get a black 6X, but am overthinking tipping 1/2” or 3/4”. I loved the og 7x though.

Or what is anyone tipping (if any) this thing? Bonus points for black as I understand many are for red already. 

Edited by kwayneiu
Added comment

32 minutes ago, kwayneiu said:

Hi, did either of you tip your TR? I think I’ll get a black 6X, but am overthinking tipping 1/2” or 3/4”. I loved the og 7x though.

Or what is anyone tipping (if any) this thing? Bonus points for black as I understand many are for red already. 

I second this question decided to go with a 5x and normally play stuff .5” tipped but opted out this time because it is “so stiff” to some and has great feel to others. Mine gets in Wednesday 

6 minutes ago, Tommyboi95 said:

I second this question decided to go with a 5x and normally play stuff .5” tipped but opted out this time because it is “so stiff” to some and has great feel to others. Mine gets in Wednesday 

Yea the TRs are already so low on torque as-is compared to most other shafts and their tip stiffness is barely weaker from og so was curious. Hopefully those above my pay grade chime in!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kwayneiu said:

Hi, did either of you tip your TR? I think I’ll get a black 6X, but am overthinking tipping 1/2” or 3/4”. I loved the og 7x though.

Tipped 1 inch, since it was replacing the OG black in 7TX

Edited by Trippels
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are all driver centric here , however, I need someone that has tested a Ventus TR 8x in a 3w application.  

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

12 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

We are all driver centric here , however, I need someone that has tested a Ventus TR 8x in a 3w application.  

What do you need to know?

Hit the Black TR 8x in a 300 Mini which I treat like a XL sized 3 wood (both tee and off the deck). Also hit it a little in a Rogue ST Max 3 wood.

3 hours ago, Zena said:

What do you need to know?

Hit the Black TR 8x in a 300 Mini which I treat like a XL sized 3 wood (both tee and off the deck). Also hit it a little in a Rogue ST Max 3 wood.

Launch spin , shot shape , what was your fw shaft previous?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Gamer 3 wood: Rogue ST Max 15° with Aldila Ascent 7X. Apex 120ft, Spin 4200, shape 5-10 yard fade to straight. 265yd flat carry, very little roll here on soft California courses, built that way on purpose.

Gamer 5 wood: Epic Flash 18° with AD-IZ 8X. Apex 115ft, Spin 5500, shape 5 yard fade to straight. 235 flat carry, very little roll, holds greens.

Gamer 300 Mini 11.5° with Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 2nd Gen 60X. Height 110ft, spin 3100, shape straight, 260 flat carry, 20yd roll. 

All my clubs except driver fade, I don’t hit draws.

Ventus Black TR 8X

In Rogue ST 3W: dropped height to 105 and spin to 3200, almost totally eliminated the fade and introduced the tiniest of draws. 265 flat with 10-15 roll.

In 300 Mini: dropped height to a 98-100, spin down to 2500, 265 flat carry with 25yd of roll. Biggest difference was better turf interaction off the deck.

8X is too heavy for me in a stock 3W/300Mini, so although my swing enjoyed the feel and load profile, I lost a few mph speed but improved smash factor with better strike point, especially in the mini. Launch and spin dropped drastically vs Aldila Ascent, less so vs Rogue Silver 110.

Black TR is a low-low shaft for me for sure. Much improved feel for me vs OG Black, but plays a hair stiffer. If I were to actually buy the shaft, it would be in a 7X for the 300 Mini. I prefer a higher launch/spin profile in 3 wood because it only ever comes out to try to hold greens at 265, so Black TR does not help me achieve that.

Hope it helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 12:16 PM, drbonesvt said:

I have a stealth plus 3 wood (15*) and have a ventus black OG 7x in it.  Tomorrow ill be receiving a Ventus Red TR 8X tipped 1/2 inch to test in my TSR 2+ against it.   We shall see.

The Stealth is 99.9% a tee club for me and is a bomber that doesn't really want to go left.  But its not great off the ground (playing at 14.25).  My hope was to see if the TSR 2+ could be close to it off tee and better off turf.

• Thanks 1