The "Get It All Out" Thread

Vater

I certainly appreciate your desire to use this space for random musings. But, this is the internet so...

6pmrn8.jpg

Then again, I might just be expressing my own bitterness. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

40 minutes ago, jholz said:

I certainly appreciate your desire to use this space for random musings. But, this is the internet so...

6pmrn8.jpg

Then again, I might just be expressing my own bitterness. 😀

Unfortunately, there is no winning on the internet, friend. 

• Haha 2

Cobra RadSpeed (9°) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Cobra SpeedZone Big Tour (13.5°) - Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X

Cobra SpeedZone Tour (17.5°) - Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X

TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP (16°) - Aldila RIP 85X

Titleist U500 (2) - Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 95X

Titleist 620CB (3-6) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Titleist 620MB (7-9) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 (48.10F, 54.12D, 60.12D) - True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Taylormade Spider X #3

Titleist ProV1x

Here’s a stray thought/rant:

Taking lessons gets really damn expensive as an equipment ho! 

I’m making some long-term improvements to my swing. They’re paying off and I know that they’re the right way for me to go … but those changes also mean what fits me is changing. I now need heavier shafts and flatter lie angles, especially with irons and wedges, than I did before.

So what do I do? The smart thing, wait it out, get the swing changes solidified and then go do a fitting? Nahhh… buy, try and sell tons of different stuff right now, see what sticks.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR2 9* | testing shafts

4 Wood: Titleist TSR2 | Graphite Design Tour AD UB 7X

7 Wood: Ping G425 Max | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X

(Currently testing options to slot in here.)

Irons: Srixon ZX4 5 iron, ZX5 6-7, ZX7 8-PW | Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50/10S, 54/12W, 60/8Z | Nippon Modus 130S

Putter: Bettinardi Queen B 6

I've got a set of Nippon 125s on order just because.

Even though I'm driving the ball as well as I have in a long time, I'm also about to order a Ventus Red TR. Also, just because.

Oddly enough, I'm not even thinking about next year's drivers at this point. The Mizuno experiment this year has been a rousing success.

Mizuno ST-G 220 / STZ-220 : Ventus Red TR 7S or GD Tour AD TP7S or KBS TD Cat 3 or Ventus Blue 7S

Cobra Radpeed 3W : GD Tour AD TP8-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue 8HB-S

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54: Nippon Modus3 125 S 

Cobra MIM Black 58 : Nippon 125 Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

1 hour ago, Vater said:

Yes. And he's much better than me.

I wonder if there's a correlation there...

A friend of mine texted me that he shot 1 under over the weekend at a tough course.  I was with him when he bought his driver. His old driver broke and we stopped at a Golf Galaxy on our way to a scramble tournament.  He hit 3 balls with a few used drivers that they had and said, "This one seems good."  That was about 5 years ago.  He still has it in his bag and hit it about 290 down the middle almost every hole.  His irons were a box set that started to fall apart so he bought a heavily discounted set off RockBottomGolf and loves them.  He never even practices or warms up. Just runs from the car to the pro shop to the first tee.  We tell him he should enter tournaments but he insists he's not good enough.  

• Haha 3

I'm a club 'ho, and a total head case

On the range there aren't many shots I can't hit, short game area I look like a wizard and wield a putter with the best of them.

Put me on the course and everything changes.  Yips have affected putting and my play around the green for 3 seasons.  All the lessons that have "clicked" with the full swing after lots of work go out the window and I look like a mechanical robot.

Put me back on the range or the practice area and all is good again.  I hate this game

So I buy shiny new clubs, fully knowing it won't change a thing, but they make me happy and I have too much free time

• Like 2

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf

Stealth Plus 10.5*(-2*) Ventus Black 6X

TSi2 15* RDX Smoke Black 70 6.5       TSR2+ HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.5                  
TSi2 21* RDX Smoke Black 70 6.5       TSR2 21* HZRDUS Black 4G 80 6.5 
'21 P790 4-PW   DGX100

SM9 50/12F
Glide 3.0 54* SS
Jaws Full Toe 58*

Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Arm Lock(experiment worked)

I hit my Stealth plus way longer than my Epic Speed TD but I can't miss with my ES. Its autopilot. Why can't I have both in one driver? Is a Rogue ST TD the answer?? I love my stealth tho. I want an MG3 46 but that would put my 223 set as 5-9, and that might irk me. Maybe I'll dump my fli hi 4 iron and put the 223 4i back into the bag then that'll cause a bigger gap to my 5w. WTF.  🤪

• Haha 1

The only one I worry about at night:

How far do I have to hit it for the cart girl to notice? 

• Haha 4

Lefty

Driver: 8° Cobra LTDxLS | Mitsubishi C6 Onyx 60X

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST | Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i-PW Srixon 785 | AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 52° MD3 | 56° Glide 2.0 Stealth | 60° Glide 

Putter(s): TP Mills Trad II | Cody James Patriot | Lajosi Sensor | KB-9306 | and more. 

WITB Thread

6 hours ago, M4TT said:

Do you ever think this way, and then play with somebody who has no interest at all in the equipment world and wouldn't even know or care what the latest model driver is on the market? I do. I spend, like most of us, most of my days thinking about my own equipment, where I can fill gaps etc or what might be a good new purchase then I play with somebody who has had the same bag for the past 7 years, never cleans their clubs and think's I'm referring to a dog when I talk about my custom Scotty.

Yeah and then that guy plays great and I start questioning my life.

Edited by black bnr32

3 hours ago, JTK37 said:

On the range there aren't many shots I can't hit, short game area I look like a wizard and wield a putter with the best of them.

Put me on the course and everything changes.  Yips have affected putting and my play around the green for 3 seasons.  All the lessons that have "clicked" with the full swing after lots of work go out the window and I look like a mechanical robot.

Put me back on the range or the practice area and all is good again.  I hate this game

So I buy shiny new clubs, fully knowing it won't change a thing, but they make me happy and I have too much free time

The difference in performance between the range and course is totally unacceptable and I’ll eagerly vote for any politician that will fix this injustice.

Push slice on the range; pull hook on the course.  Mind blown.

4 hours ago, JTK37 said:

Play more practice less dude

• Like 1

I'm anxiously waiting for the Ventus Red TR, TPBlue 1K and Diamana GT to be released so I can test them all out and finally be done with tinkering with 3 metal(NOT).  Don't get me wrong, I love my ZF, but I always think there's something better out there.  2023 can't come fast enough, lol. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Every spring I'm convinced this is the year I'm going to hit all my clubs longer and still be a accurate. And every year I'm disappointed. I'll be 71 next June, maybe 2023 will be my year. 🤣

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5

Ping G425 3 wood

Ping Anser 17°,20°,23° Hybrids

Ping G400 6-SW/KBS TGI 70 shafts

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping PLD Anser

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

The only one I worry about at night:

How far do I have to hit it for the cart girl to notice? 

I remember a few years ago I was playing with one of my good friends, and we were about 150yds out in the fairway when the cart girl showed up. Let me tell you, she was gorgeous, like 10/10 stuff. As my friend was ordering I decided to play my ball and hit it to like 1 foot. Now I was like 30 at this point and a solid 7/10 looks wise, and at the peak of my virility. 

She was like, "wow that's good right"

I was like "yeah"

She said "well see ya"

My friend said to me as she left "wouldn't it be great if they cared about this stuff"

They don't care (cries inside)

• Like 3

PXG 0311 Gen5 w/PX RDX Smoke Black 70

PXG 0211 15* w/PX RDX Smoke Black 70

Sub70 659CB 3-AW RAW w/KBS Tour

Sub70 JB wedges 54/60 RAW w/KBS tour

Deschamps Crisp Antique

12 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I remember a few years ago I was playing with one of my good friends, and we were about 150yds out in the fairway when the cart girl showed up. Let me tell you, she was gorgeous, like 10/10 stuff. As my friend was ordering I decided to play my ball and hit it to like 1 foot. Now I was like 30 at this point and a solid 7/10 looks wise, and at the peak of my virility. 

She was like, "wow that's good right"

I was like "yeah"

She said "well see ya"

My friend said to me as she left "wouldn't it be great if they cared about this stuff"

They don't care (cries inside)

They don't it's just a job to them, probably better than working at a restaurant or bar minus the creepy dudes. But I like joking about it cause it's fun.

I actually had one compliment from a cart girl, she caught us mid way through a hole asking if we wanted a drink. I was good just focusing on my shot, I had something like 130 to the pin, elevated pin, in front of a bunker in rough and a tree in my way. Smart move punch out but the lie and bunker lip took that option out, the lie was an up slope so I knew I could get the ball up.

Grab a wedge, settle in and just swing as hard as I could. Well shot was perfect, up and over the tree, lands on the green 15-20ft from the pin hole high. I hear 2 voices say "Wow, nice shot" one was my buddy the other was the cart girl, I laugh and say that was more fluke and stupidity and I probably couldn't do that again.

And that's how I met your mother kids....

I joke she drove off and I missed the putt.

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 8° Cobra LTDxLS | Mitsubishi C6 Onyx 60X

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST | Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i-PW Srixon 785 | AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 52° MD3 | 56° Glide 2.0 Stealth | 60° Glide 

Putter(s): TP Mills Trad II | Cody James Patriot | Lajosi Sensor | KB-9306 | and more. 

WITB Thread

10 hours ago, M4TT said:

Do you ever think this way, and then play with somebody who has no interest at all in the equipment world and wouldn't even know or care what the latest model driver is on the market? I do. I spend, like most of us, most of my days thinking about my own equipment, where I can fill gaps etc or what might be a good new purchase then I play with somebody who has had the same bag for the past 7 years, never cleans their clubs and think's I'm referring to a dog when I talk about my custom Scotty.

played with a father and son today off Hilton Head island.  Dad was probably a 20 and the kid a 10.  They shared using the R9 driver (kid hit it as far as my G400) and each had a bag of l gear that was 10-20 years old.  We are talking Orlimar Trimetal folks.  And it didn’t affect anything an ounce.  At one point I asked what loft the R9 was because the kid was hitting moon balls and neither knew without looking.  

It was like playing golf with aliens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Epic Speed / Smoke Green 

Epic Super 16 & 21 Steelfiber 75

PXG 0311P Gen 3 6-W 950GH S

SM8 56° & 60° S200

Tad Moore Longneck or Del Mar Two Longslant

Got custom fit for a driver shaft, but oftentimes it feels like I'm getting roughly the same performance out of the expensive shaft than my previous $50 one. I know it's more me and my swing being wonky than anything, but still mildly annoying. Also in regards to driver, got a new 3 wood sight unseen and there are times when it can be close enough to the driver that it makes me wonder why bother.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, MattM97 said:

I actually had one compliment from a cart girl, she caught us mid way through a hole asking if we wanted a drink.

... Never had a cart girl comment on a shot but many more than a few comment on my remote controlled ZIP cart. They just seem fascinated by it with the main comment being "That is so cool/awesome" and one "dope!" 

... Also, we spend so much time making sure our equipment is where we need it to be, grips and shafts logo down with the right look at address. Not too thick or too thin a top line or it's gone. Leading edge too curved our too straight and it's history. Then you play with someone using a new driver that still has that long sales sticker on the tip of the shaft!?! Which is only trumped by the guy using a 5 yr old driver and that same sticker is dirty and frayed. 

Edited by chisag

Cobra           LTDx 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZ 6SR
Taylormade  SIM2 Max 15*/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65
Taylormade  DHy 19* ... Even Flow Black 85R
Cobra           4i-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Taylormade  MG3 50/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Cleveland     Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"

I have a 24* 5 iron and a 20* 7 wood that probably is less than 20* (18-19*) since it's tour issue and thats usually the case. I have a shaft thats playing 39.5" or so in a 4i and I want to try out a hybrid to gap between the 7w and the 5i. I have no idea why I want this, btw. Problem is, though, that I dont know if I need a 20* or 23* hybrid. A 20* hybrid - even if my 7w was 20* - with a shorter-than-7w shaft by 1" should most definitely not be as long as the 7w, but will it be TOO much longer than the 5i? If I go with the 23* hybrid is that too close to the 5i only being 1" longer and 1* stronger? I guess the question is which scenario is better regardless - being closer to the 5i or closer to the 7w. As of right now being closer to the 5i - aka 4i distance - seems to be more practical....unless it's within like 5-7yds.

This is so stupid.

And no, I will NOT go get actual numbers somehow because thats no fun. I want to guess and base it on feel.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

ES🔹🔹🔹 + AD TP 6 / MAVRIK MaxTC 14°@16 + AD TP 7 / MAVRIK SZTC 20°@19 + AD TP 8 / P790 + M40X Black / P770 + DG105 / MD5 Forged / Detour 2 Mod

I might be the guy you all are referring to. I can hit a pretty low 3 wood off the tee and prefer that to a driver on most holes on the course we played yesterday, driver just runs out of room quick and brings a lot of trouble into play, all to be 110 out instead of 125 so who really cares?  Anyway, paired up with a random fella as our 4th and he wants to know what shaft is in the 3 wood, what it weighs, what flex, and whatnot. I just handed it to him so he could look, I have no idea. I bought it about 10 years ago and love it. He asked what loft it was and for the first time I noticed there isn’t a loft stamped on it. Where did I get it?  Did I have it custom fit?  Told him no, I liked the way it looked when I set it down so I bought it, it’s the last club I bought and everything in my bag is older except the driver which I trust less than a stripper with my credit card. 

But I am looking at new 52 and 58 degree wedges and I’m terrified to be honest. I’ll need insight from the club ho’s for sure.