Jump to content

Perplexed by Driver


Baller2525
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

I have recently been perplexed by the numbers on my driver. From a club delivery standpoint, everything looks to be in good order. Not perfect, but not horrible. But for some reason the spin on the driver and launch numbers are extremely low. I hit up on the driver a fair amount, but the spin still seems ridiculously low for the delivery. See the attached picture. Am I missing something here, or is there possibly an issue with the driver head, i.e. a crack i'm not seeing?

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like you probably need a higher loft head from the get go.  Adjusting the hosel to increase loft will only do so much with your current set up and can bring the lefts into play due to the closed face. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I'm reading this correctly your angle of attack is 4.9* up and your launch angle is  9.7*, which means your effective loft at impact is only 4.8*... something is definitely amiss here.

  • Like 3

Driver: currently accepting applications...
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5, 4&5 iron, DG X100 SSx1
Mizuno MP 5, 6-PW, DG X100 SSx1
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC, 53* & 58* (DG S300)
Piretti Potenza II Rev 2.0, 375g, 34", 80g TourLock Pro+ counter weight
Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, grochol17 said:

If I'm reading this correctly your angle of attack is 4.9* up and your launch angle is  9.7*, which means your effective loft at impact is only 4.8*... something is definitely amiss here.

Yeah and spin is 1400.  I'm thinking he's hitting the upper part of the face and really swinging up on it.  Even then I don't get how his launch angle is only 9.7.  OP, what's the loft on your driver?  My other thought is that the GCQuad needs to be recalibrated/fixed?

Edited by phizzy30

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Quad is telling you exactly what the issue is.  On that particular shot you are striking it 7mm on the toe, which is decently enough away from the middle to have a substantial drop in spin.  Further, it is higher on the head, which is also a drop in spin.  There is something like 1800 RPMs difference from the high toe to the low heel in terms of spin rate on a head.  This is also evident by the efficiency ratio.  On a Quad, the maximum efficiency is supposed to be 1.45 for a perfectly struck shot (i.e., for a swing speed of 100mph, the max ball speed is 145).  You efficiency is 1.46, which typically happens when the BS outpaces that ratio due to toe strikes.

 

Put some masking tape, the quad dots, or foot powder spray and see for yourself.  As you start to bring the strike more towards the middle I wouldn't be surprised to see spin come back around the 1800 mark.  Still too low to have any sort of stable flight, but much better than 1400.

  • Like 4

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

 

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

0211DC 5-PW - Elevate Tour

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Baller2525 said:

Hello all,

 

I have recently been perplexed by the numbers on my driver. From a club delivery standpoint, everything looks to be in good order. Not perfect, but not horrible. But for some reason the spin on the driver and launch numbers are extremely low. I hit up on the driver a fair amount, but the spin still seems ridiculously low for the delivery. See the attached picture. Am I missing something here, or is there possibly an issue with the driver head, i.e. a crack i'm not seeing?

 

spacer.png

 

31 minutes ago, WristySwing said:

The Quad is telling you exactly what the issue is.  On that particular shot you are striking it 7mm on the toe, which is decently enough away from the middle to have a substantial drop in spin.  Further, it is higher on the head, which is also a drop in spin.  There is something like 1800 RPMs difference from the high toe to the low heel in terms of spin rate on a head.  This is also evident by the efficiency ratio.  On a Quad, the maximum efficiency is supposed to be 1.45 for a perfectly struck shot (i.e., for a swing speed of 100mph, the max ball speed is 145).  You efficiency is 1.46, which typically happens when the BS outpaces that ratio due to toe strikes.

 

Put some masking tape, the quad dots, or foot powder spray and see for yourself.  As you start to bring the strike more towards the middle I wouldn't be surprised to see spin come back around the 1800 mark.  Still too low to have any sort of stable flight, but much better than 1400.


Yup, that.^^

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the spin is also displaying a total of 1,988rpm spin since it's splitting it between back and "side". That is a pretty standard "low spin" number for a high toe strike. 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Kuro Kage 70XTS || Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR 7X 
Taylormade SIM V2 16.5* Kuro Kage Prototype 80TX || Taylormade M5 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 80TX 
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Srixon ZX Utility 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB9.8 Tour Spec-X
Callaway X-Forged UT 22* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

 


Yup, that.^^

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the spin is also displaying a total of 1,988rpm spin since it's splitting it between back and "side". That is a pretty standard "low spin" number for a high toe strike. 

 

Truthfully, I never look at total spin.  Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spot but I haven't seen a convincing reason to look at that number when backspin, strike point, and tilt axis will tell you everything you need to know without having to get bogged down in trying to decipher which spin is acting on which axis.

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

 

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

0211DC 5-PW - Elevate Tour

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Valtiel said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the spin is also displaying a total of 1,988rpm spin since it's splitting it between back and "side".

 

More like 1524 total spin by my calcs.    Total spin = sqrt(side*side + back*back)   

Just use the Pythagorean theorem for right triangles to convert side and back spin to total spin.

 

Still very low.  

 

Definitely need to see the face impact location.  However...

 

The toe hit isn't helping but it's not really hurting the back spin all that much either. 

 

High impact can lower spin quite a bit - but it also would be increasing loft and launch.   IF there were no other issues,  one would expect to see the launch angle higher than the 9.7* for impact high on the face to drop spin that much.   So there is likely more going on here than just impact high on the face.

 

That brings us back to a dynamic loft that's a bit too low for that AoA.   Unusual with am's but it's either that or something is wrong with the LM readings.  Or maybe the ball?  

 

Also that's assuming nothing was put on the face - like impact tape - that would reduce the friction and spin.

 

Edited by Stuart_G
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 4:26 AM, phizzy30 said:

Yeah and spin is 1400.  I'm thinking he's hitting the upper part of the face and really swinging up on it.  Even then I don't get how his launch angle is only 9.7.  OP, what's the loft on your driver?  My other thought is that the GCQuad needs to be recalibrated/fixed?

 

OP here (posted before my account got validated), according to the strike from the quad, the strike was only 3mm high on the face (assuming the measurement is correct). That along with the toe strike could drop the spin into the area i'm at, but with a high strike, I should at least see better launch. That's exactly what's perplexing me. I know the strike was far from perfect, but the numbers still don't make sense to me (assuming the GCQuad is calibrated properly).

 

Loft on the driver is 10 degrees. This was on the default A1 setting for titleist hozel. I am wondering if the TSI3 low spin head's CG placement just isn't great for my swing, assuming no calibration issues with the launch monitor. But it seems strange to loft up above 10 degrees while i'm hitting up with 5 AoA.

 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:06 AM, Stuart_G said:

 

More like 1524 total spin by my calcs.    Total spin = sqrt(side*side + back*back)   

Just use the Pythagorean theorem for right triangles to convert side and back spin to total spin.

 

Still very low.  

 

Definitely need to see the face impact location.  However...

 

The toe hit isn't helping but it's not really hurting the back spin all that much either. 

 

High impact can lower spin quite a bit - but it also would be increasing loft and launch.   IF there were no other issues,  one would expect to see the launch angle higher than the 9.7* for impact high on the face to drop spin that much.   So there is likely more going on here than just impact high on the face.

 

That brings us back to a dynamic loft that's a bit too low for that AoA.   Unusual with am's but it's either that or something is wrong with the LM readings.  Or maybe the ball?  

 

Also that's assuming nothing was put on the face - like impact tape - that would reduce the friction and spin.

 

 

What is a good dynamic loft for an upward AoA of 5 degrees? I thought that dynamic loft accounts for angle of attack. I really don't have a great understanding of dynamic loft, but I thought 14 degrees is pretty average. Nothing was put on the face aside from the GCQuad dots. Looking at this article, I calculated that launch should theoretically be 12.89 degrees if the measurements are correct. That either leads me to believe the gc quad measurements are off, or there's a potential issue with the head. I'm going to test on a different monitor and apply new dots. I'll also swap in a buddies head to see if I get any different results.

Edited by Dollafiddy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dollafiddy said:

 

OP here (posted before my account got validated), according to the strike from the quad, the strike was only 3mm high on the face (assuming the measurement is correct). That along with the toe strike could drop the spin into the area i'm at, but with a high strike, I should at least see better launch. That's exactly what's perplexing me. I know the strike was far from perfect, but the numbers still don't make sense to me (assuming the GCQuad is calibrated properly).

 

Loft on the driver is 10 degrees. This was on the default A1 setting for titleist hozel. I am wondering if the TSI3 low spin head's CG placement just isn't great for my swing, assuming no calibration issues with the launch monitor. But it seems strange to loft up above 10 degrees while i'm hitting up with 5 AoA.

 

 

What is a good dynamic loft for an upward AoA of 5 degrees? I thought that dynamic loft accounts for angle of attack. I really don't have a great understanding of dynamic loft, but I thought 14 degrees is pretty average. Nothing was put on the face aside from the GCQuad dots.

I'm perplexed too as your launch angle should be higher with the 10* head.  Spin definitely drops a bit hitting it higher on the face.  Are you seeing the same ball flight out on the course? 

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dollafiddy said:

What is a good dynamic loft for an upward AoA of 5 degrees? I thought that dynamic loft accounts for angle of attack. I really don't have a great understanding of dynamic loft, but I thought 14 degrees is pretty average. Nothing was put on the face aside from the GCQuad dots.

 

14* for dynamic loft is a little bit low but not a lot.  Maybe 16-17* is more in line with optimal launch angle for this situation.  I could be wrong but first impression is that the spin still seems a bit low for that dynamic loft.

 

One thing to consider is that foresight depends on the placement of the face stickers/dots on the face in order to get accurate club data and impact location data.  And different driver face geometry (bulge and roll - the curvature of the face) and complicate the calculation of much of that face data.  So part of me wonders how accurate that dynamic loft really might be.  It might actually be lower.

 

So I'd personally want to see foot powder spray or impact tape used to validate the foresight data.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stuart_G said:

 

14* for dynamic loft is a little bit low but not a lot.  Maybe 16-17* is more in line with optimal launch angle for this situation.  I could be wrong but first impression is that the spin still seems a bit low for that dynamic loft.

 

One thing to consider is that foresight depends on the placement of the face stickers/dots on the face in order to get accurate club data and impact location data.  And different driver face geometry (bulge and roll - the curvature of the face) and complicate the calculation of much of that face data.  So part of me wonders how accurate that dynamic loft really might be.  It might actually be lower.

 

So I'd personally want to see foot powder spray or impact tape used to validate the foresight data.

 

Looking at the driver head, it does look like the middle sticker is placed too low (maybe half a dot below the geometric center of the face on the left side). I wonder if this affected the face impact reading, and gave a reading that's higher on the face than it really was, which would explain lower launch, but it would not explain the spin. But I suspect you may be right that the dynamic loft reading is reading higher than it actually is. That has to be the only answer assuming there is no issue with the head, such as a crack i'm not seeing. I'll use some powder spray and report back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dollafiddy said:

Looking at the driver head, it does look like the middle sticker is placed too low (maybe half a dot below the geometric center of the face on the left side). I wonder if this affected the face impact reading, and gave a reading that's higher on the face than it really was, which would explain lower launch, but it would not explain the spin. But I suspect you may be right that the dynamic loft reading is reading higher than it actually is. That has to be the only answer assuming there is no issue with the head, such as a crack i'm not seeing. I'll use some powder spray and report back.

 

The Quad doesn't take into account launch based on the stickers on the face.  The launch is captured by the cameras.  The only data from the face is path, AoA, swing speed, face rotation, dynamic loft, lie angle, and strike point.  Anything ball related, such as spin, ball speed, launch, etc. is captured in real time by the cameras.

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

 

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

0211DC 5-PW - Elevate Tour

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Stuart_G said:

 

He wasn't saying or even implying that it was.   He just said impact lower on the face than reported might explain the lower launch.

 

 

 

 

"Looking at the driver head, it does look like the middle sticker is placed too low (maybe half a dot below the geometric center of the face on the left side). I wonder if this affected the face impact reading, and gave a reading that's higher on the face than it really was, which would explain lower launch, but it would not explain the spin."

  • Like 1

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

 

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

0211DC 5-PW - Elevate Tour

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WristySwing said:

 

"Looking at the driver head, it does look like the middle sticker is placed too low (maybe half a dot below the geometric center of the face on the left side). I wonder if this affected the face impact reading, and gave a reading that's higher on the face than it really was, which would explain lower launch, but it would not explain the spin."


Exactly.

Edited by Stuart_G
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Stuart_G said:


Exactly.

Come on, Stuart, read the rest of the sentence.  I don't want this thread to degrade into a post war between the two of us.  They are saying, in less words, "The dot placement was low and might have affected the face impact reading, giving a reading that's higher on the face than it really was and would explain the lower launch." 

 

Or at least that was my interpretation of what they said, hence, my comment about dots being meaningless for ball readings such as launch and spin.

Edited by WristySwing

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

 

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

0211DC 5-PW - Elevate Tour

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, WristySwing said:

They are saying, in less words, "The dot placement was low and might have affected the face impact reading, giving a reading that's higher on the face than it really was and would explain the lower launch." 

 

I agree.   But that's not saying anything about how accurate the launch numbers were or were not.  Which, unless I missed the point of your post is what you thought he was saying.   He's given a reason why (the accurate) numbers were low.  He's not saying the launch numbers were not accurate.

 

Edited by Stuart_G
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Stuart_G said:

 

I agree.   But that's not saying anything about how accurate the launch numbers were or were not.  Which, unless I missed the point of your post is what you thought he was saying.   He's given a reason why (the accurate) numbers were low.  He's not saying the launch numbers were not accurate.

 

 

From what I'm reading anyways, it seems like they are talking about dot placements.  Higher on the head = higher launch, not lower.  So unless I am really misreading what they typed, which is possible, it seems like they are trying to say the dots = the confusing readings when in truth the reading is quite clear as I showcased above initially.

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

 

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

0211DC 5-PW - Elevate Tour

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, WristySwing said:

 

From what I'm reading anyways, it seems like they are talking about dot placements.

 

Yes.  We're on the same page so far.

 

47 minutes ago, WristySwing said:

  Higher on the head = higher launch, not lower. 

 

Maybe this is where the confusion comes from.    If the dot placement was low - then the actual impact position would be lower than the reported position, not higher.  

 

Lower impact position would support the lower launch - but not the lower spin (which he also said).

 

 

Edited by Stuart_G
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stuart_G said:

 

Yes.  We're on the same page so far.

 

 

Maybe this is where the confusion comes from.    If the dot placement was low - then the actual impact position would be lower than the reported position, not higher.  

 

Lower impact position would support the lower launch - but not the lower spin (which he also said).

 

 

 

Yes that’s exactly what I mean. The launch and spin numbers don’t lie, but based on face measurements such as dynamic loft and strike location, the measured spin and launch don’t make sense. It’s a mismatch between the measurements. Which is why I think the face measurements are off. That’s the only explanation I can see, as I don’t see any cracks or issues. And like you said, ball speed and efficiency don’t seem to be the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So here’s the follow up. Used some foot spray and face contact was pretty good. Slightly toe, but slightly. Cleaned the head off and got some numbers.


Launch was around 11-12, improved, but spin still extremely low. Only around 1500. Delivery was similar as previously, about 5 degree up AoA and 14.5 dynamic loft. I swapped the head out with a buddy’s TS2 (same loft) and spin instantly increased to 2,000 with same launch. It does appear that there is an issue with my tsi3 head, or the cg location for low spin just does not work well for me.

Edited by Dollafiddy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dollafiddy said:

So here’s the follow up. Used some foot spray and face contact was pretty good. Slightly toe, but slightly. Cleaned the head off and got some numbers.


Launch was around 11-12, improved, but spin still extremely low. Only around 1500. Delivery was similar as previously, about 5 degree up AoA and 14.5 dynamic loft. I swapped the head out with a buddy’s TS2 (same loft) and spin instantly increased to 2,000 with same launch. It does appear that there is an issue with my tsi3 head, or the cg location for low spin just does not work well for me.

Could the face be slightly caved in or flattened? usually if this happens you’ll see some crazy ball flights. 
 

Hold a credit card across the face horizontally and vertically. It should touch on the middle but not the ends. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 1:21 PM, WristySwing said:

 

Truthfully, I never look at total spin.  Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spot but I haven't seen a convincing reason to look at that number when backspin, strike point, and tilt axis will tell you everything you need to know without having to get bogged down in trying to decipher which spin is acting on which axis.

Somethings is way off with this numbers.
- Spin indicate a impact higher than VCOG, and the OP say its only about 3 mm (1/8") above the centerline = 240 rpm cut off on spin vs center.... so far so good, but then we should have seen a even higher ratio for dynamic loft to launch vs a center strike, so lets do those numbers.

His AOA is 4.9, so we use 5 for the sake of ease, and his loft is 10*. The summary of them is 14.9 or 15* as dynamic loft, WITHOUT any contribution from the shaft...

With a positive AOA of 5.0* the ratio from dynamic loft to launch is 0.910 so those 15 of Dynamic loft, should deliver 15* x 0.910* = 13.65* as launch angle....still without any forward shaft bending...so this numbers is not right, the numbers dont match up at all. 

image.png.7e8cf1f5986107d7b718265851efcfbb.png

The only way this numbers could be right, would be if the player actually de-loftet the club during the swing, and lift the handle of the club trough impact so that COC had a positive angle of 5*. That would reduce actual loft at impact, and that can also explain spin values that low, nothing else can.

In that scenario his dynamic loft is "Launch A 9.7 / 0.910" = 10.65*, so the player is "de-lofting/equalizing" what ever contribution the shaft gave, ending up with the clubs actual loft on the impact position as contribution to launch

Here is how thats scenario looks like, its possible, but not normal
535347023_positiveAOAwithforwardshaftlean.JPG.6d55698bfd9378a314b473d7c45ee668.JPG

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Like 1

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Howard_Jones said:

Somethings is way off with this numbers.
- Spin indicate a impact higher than VCOG, and the OP say its only about 3 mm (1/8") above the centerline = 240 rpm cut off on spin vs center.... so far so good, but then we should have seen a even higher ratio for dynamic loft to launch vs a center strike, so lets do those numbers.

His AOA is 4.9, so we use 5 for the sake of ease, and his loft is 10*. The summary of them is 14.9 or 15* as dynamic loft, WITHOUT any contribution from the shaft...

With a positive AOA of 5.0* the ratio from dynamic loft to launch is 0.910 so those 15 of Dynamic loft, should deliver 15* x 0.910* = 13.65* as launch angle....still without any forward shaft bending...so this numbers is not right, the numbers dont match up at all. 

image.png.7e8cf1f5986107d7b718265851efcfbb.png

The only way this numbers could be right, would be if the player actually de-loftet the club during the swing, and lift the handle of the club trough impact so that COC had a positive angle of 5*. That would reduce actual loft at impact, and that can also explain spin values that low, nothing else can.

In that scenario his dynamic loft is "Launch A 9.7 / 0.910" = 10.65*, so the player is "de-lofting/equalizing" what ever contribution the shaft gave, ending up with the clubs actual loft on the impact position as contribution to launch

Here is how thats scenario looks like, its possible, but not normal
535347023_positiveAOAwithforwardshaftlean.JPG.6d55698bfd9378a314b473d7c45ee668.JPG


I could see this being a possibility. But wouldn’t this be taken into account for dynamic loft at impact? Or is that misleading due to some sort of gear effect on the ball given this type of delivery?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dollafiddy said:


I could see this being a possibility. But wouldn’t this be taken into account for dynamic loft at impact? Or is that misleading due to some sort of gear effect on the ball given this type of delivery?

Dynamic loft is the summary of static loft, + AOA + shaft bending. In the scenario above, the player is de-lofting the club, and thats the same as a reduction to static loft, and dynamic loft. When we reverse the numbers "Launch angle /0.91" we get to see that Dynamic loft was only 10.65*, MAYBE because this scenario is what went down. This is the only way this numbers goes up, unless there was some set up issues with the LM or ball used.

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • 2022 Sanderson Farms - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comment here
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 Sanderson Farms - Monday #1
      2022 Sanderson Farms - Monday #2
      2022 Sanderson Farms - Monday #3
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Eric Cole - WITB - 2022 Sanderson Farms
      Jackson Suber - WITB - 2022 Sanderson Farms
       
       
       
       
       
      Pull out Albums
       
      Custom Toulon putter - 2022 Sanderson Farms
      Dean Burmester & Vince Whaley custom Cameron putters - 2022 Sanderson Farms
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 3 replies
    • 2022 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Monday #1
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Monday #2
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Monday #3
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Monday #4
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Monday #5
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2022 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Augusto Nunez - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Harry Hall - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Roy - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Philip Knowles - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Taylor Montgomery - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Nico Echavarria - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Harrison Endycott - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Tano Goya - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Alex Lee - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Rickie Fowler - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Beau Hossler - WITB - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Ryan Moore WITB – 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Zecheng "Marty" Dou WITB – 2022 Fortinet Championship
      S.H. (Seong-hyeong) Kim WITB – 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Vincent Norrman WITB – 2022 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      Pull out Albums
       
       
      Kramer Hickok’s custom Cameron putter - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway's new Wilson Dynapwr driver - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Rickie Fowler with new Cobra King Tour irons - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Rickie Fowler, Ryan Brehm & Doug Ghim - Cameron putters - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Ping PLD putters - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Greyson Sigg - new Mizuno JPX 923 Tour irons - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Srixon MKII X5 & X7 drivers - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Fujikura Ventus Black TR and Red TR shafts - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Tyson Alexander's custom Cameron putter - 2022 Fortinet Championship
      Hideki Matsuyama's new Srixon ZX5 MKII LS driver (and putting drill) – 2022 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
       
       
      • 10 replies
    • 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions) - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions) - Tuesday #1
      2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions) - Tuesday #2
      2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions) - Tuesday #3
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Ken Duke - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      Jay Haas - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      David McKenzie - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      Scott McCarron - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      Brett Quigley - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      Tim Petrovic - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      Dickey Pride - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
      Tim O'Neal - WITB 2022 Ascension Charity Classic (PGA Tour Champions)
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 26 replies
    • 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
       
      2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship - Monday #1
      2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship - Monday #2
      2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship - Monday #3
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
       
      Jeff Overton - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Kevin Yu - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Carson Young - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Shawn Stefani - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Pontus Nyholm - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Yannik Paul - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Jeremy Paul - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Andrew Kozan - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Jose De Jesus Rodriguez - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      MJ Daffue - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
      Trevor Werbylo - WITB - 2022 Korn Ferry Tour Championship
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 4 replies
    • 2022 Tour Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      General Albums
       
       
      2022 Tour Championship - Tuesday #1
      2022 Tour Championship - Tuesday #2
      2022 Tour Championship - Tuesday #3
      2022 Tour Championship - Tuesday #4
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
       
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Tour Championship
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2022 Tour Championship
      Sepp Straka - WITB - 2022 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      Pullout albums
       
       
      Odyssey prototype putter - 2022 Tour Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2022 Tour Championship
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 1 reply

×
×
  • Create New...