New Footjoy premiere series model for 2023

On 1/11/2023 at 7:41 PM, ReidE5 said:

It does feel a little softer to me.  Not quite as rigid as the packard/ tarlows.  Leather seems slightly more supple and flexible if that makes sense.  Would also love to see these with spikes.  Tried a pair last summer and had to return them only due to lack of grip.  Soggy florida grass is too slippery for spikeless. 

How do you feel they would do in the afternoons when it’s dry?  I have the Packards and Tarlows and really like them.

I was thinking of getting the spikeless Premieres for afternoon golf practices. I’m a HS golf coach and I typically hit a few balls here and there with the kids, and wouldn’t mind the spikeless so I don’t have to take multiple shoes on the bus with me to practice. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 8/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, ski_lodge said:

The right tongue constantly moves to right side of the shoe and have to straighten out every few holes. It’s not that big of a deal but can be annoying at times. A lot of my friends that have premieres have the same issue. There isn’t much chatter about it on here, though. 

Damn. I thought it was just me! 🤣

Shoes are still fantastic though. Now that I think about it, my Pro SL’s do the same thing though too

DRIVER: Callaway Mavrik Sub-Zero 10.5*

3W: Callaway Mavrik Sub-Zero

3H: Callaway Mavrik Tour

IRONS: Titleist 2019 T100 // 4-PW // DG AMT White S300

WEDGES: Vokey SM9 Raw // 50*, 54*, 58*

PUTTER: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

BALL: Titleist ProV1 (preferrably high #s)

BAG: Titleist LinksLegend Green/White

On 1/12/2023 at 7:45 PM, jah7838 said:

How do you feel they would do in the afternoons when it’s dry?  I have the Packards and Tarlows and really like them.

I was thinking of getting the spikeless Premieres for afternoon golf practices. I’m a HS golf coach and I typically hit a few balls here and there with the kids, and wouldn’t mind the spikeless so I don’t have to take multiple shoes on the bus with me to practice. 

I would say they are awesome for that.  I only slipped a couple time in pretty nasty conditions.  More of a casual round with fairweather conditions they would be fine.  Still pretty grippy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ReidE5 said:

I would say they are awesome for that.  I only slipped a couple time in pretty nasty conditions.  More of a casual round with fairweather conditions they would be fine.  Still pretty grippy

Thanks for the input. I’ll end up getting a pair here soon. I saw the new colorway that’s white with black accents that I really want from the FJ Catalogue. 

• Like 1

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 6:30 PM, ncgolfer93 said:

When is the release date??

This is what I want to know. Looking to order Wilcox myjoy. Likely 2 pairs. 

TM Qi10 LS 9.0 Tour AD BB-7x 
TM Qi10 Tour 14.0 Graphite Design Tour AD BB-8x 
Titleist TSR2 18.0 HZRDUS Black 6.0
Mizuno 245 4-PW KB Tour C Taper 120 S
National Custom Works 48 Green KBS Tour High Rev 
National Custom Works 54 Green KBS Tour High Rev

National Custom Works 60 Green KBS Tour High Rev
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2 sole stamp 

3 hours ago, courcy75 said:

This is what I want to know. Looking to order Wilcox myjoy. Likely 2 pairs. 

3/15/23 per the catalog.  I also want to see MyJoys.  I love the look of the Tarlow but the placement of the cap toe was a little uncomfortable.  The Wilcox design looks like it will be more comfortable, especially where the forefoot flexes.  Hope they keep the Navy/Pink houndstooth pattern for MyJoys!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 10:03 AM, heisman6183 said:

3/15/23 per the catalog.  I also want to see MyJoys.  I love the look of the Tarlow but the placement of the cap toe was a little uncomfortable.  The Wilcox design looks like it will be more comfortable, especially where the forefoot flexes.  Hope they keep the Navy/Pink houndstooth pattern for MyJoys!

I have the all white Tarlow and Packard, and agree about the toe cap being a little uncomfortable. It took quite a bit longer to break them in compared to the Packard. I was able to walk 18 in the Packard with no discomfort pretty much immediately. It’s taken a while to get there with the Tarlow. 

• Like 1

WITB

• 2 weeks later...

FJ’s video on IG today had JT wearing white/blue Wilcox. Maybe we are getting close to a release. I can’t wait to pick these up. 

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Any feedback yet on the sizing of these vs the previous models? My Fields seem to have broken in nicely, still need to get them out on the course but Canada. Want to see if I need an 11 or 11.5 and W or XW, too many variables. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

15 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Any feedback yet on the sizing of these vs the previous models? My Fields seem to have broken in nicely, still need to get them out on the course but Canada. Want to see if I need an 11 or 11.5 and W or XW, too many variables. 

I just bought a pair of fields.  I was a 9W in previous years premiers but I was comfortable in the 9.5 M this year.  I haven't tried on other pairs but with the fields it does appear to be a tad bit wider than previous gen. 

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

7 minutes ago, mcc0819 said:

I just bought a pair of fields.  I was a 9W in previous years premiers but I was comfortable in the 9.5 M this year.  I haven't tried on other pairs but with the fields it does appear to be a tad bit wider than previous gen. 

So pretty much sounds like I have to get my foot into a pair in store to see the fit, which I kinda figured. Not a big deal if they didn't have any sizes/options in the stores near me. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

So pretty much sounds like I have to get my foot into a pair in store to see the fit, which I kinda figured. Not a big deal if they didn't have any sizes/options in the stores near me. 

Yeah the stores around my typically don't have many wide options which sucks for people like me.  I was pleasantly surprised the 9.5 medium fit me great width wise.  

Just now, mcc0819 said:

Yeah the stores around my typically don't have many wide options which sucks for people like me.  I was pleasantly surprised the 9.5 medium fit me great width wise.  

Oh yeah last time I tired on a 11M which was just snug and an 11.5W which was just a bit too big so kinda landed on the 11W but want to try the new cut cause I want to order a pair of Premier's from FJ USA cause FJ Canada doesn't have all the color options or widths. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

9 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Oh yeah last time I tired on a 11M which was just snug and an 11.5W which was just a bit too big so kinda landed on the 11W but want to try the new cut cause I want to order a pair of Premier's from FJ USA cause FJ Canada doesn't have all the color options or widths. 

Yeah man FJ sizing can be tough to dial and a pain to order online just to exchange.  I am excited to try the fields this year but am a little worried as I loved the spiked version.  I know the spikeless version still has aggressive tread but I love the security of having spikes especially on wet days. Do you have any experience with the spikeless version of premieres?

4 minutes ago, mcc0819 said:

Yeah man FJ sizing can be tough to dial and a pain to order online just to exchange.  I am excited to try the fields this year but am a little worried as I loved the spiked version.  I know the spikeless version still has aggressive tread but I love the security of having spikes especially on wet days. Do you have any experience with the spikeless version of premieres?

I have the Fields as well, I myself also preferred a spike shoe and looking for a pair of Packard's to fit my preference. I haven't played a round with the Field's yet I have done a range session when I first got them but it was very dry so no issue, curious about the wet but FJ have a very aggressive spikeless tread on the Premier lines so I probably trust them more than a few other brands. 

I've been wearing the Field's a lot indoors just to break them in and not seeing any issues on the turf so far. But I'll really know in 6 weeks when the golf season starts up where I'm at and the ground is soft. But again still want a spiked pair as it's what I like. 

• Thanks 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 2/19/2023 at 10:03 PM, Konklifer said:

These look great. 

BBD24C66-FA46-4AE6-9E3E-EFE2DEF54C33.png.93b7aae91c423b83f79c284bed9d96c0.png

They look even better in person.  The local Golf Galaxy has them...I will end up with a pair.  I have the all white version of the Fields and really like how comfortable they are.  Break in is a lot easier than the Packard or the Tarlow.  I'll get to use them this afternoon for the first time on the range.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare to the Packard and Tarlow when hitting balls.  

WITB

9 minutes ago, chewy007 said:

How much do you loose with the spikeless field? I have started to really like the look of the Field

Traction? I have spiked packards and have slipped in them. I doubt it’s really any different between the two in the same model. 

My course has very firm ground with short turf - in a way I felt that the firm sole of the Premieres made it worse for traction than my spikeless True’s that have flexible soles. Or at least it was no better. 

In soggy conditions they may have the advantage. But again, the Pro SL is super common on tour so unless you’re using metal spikes, I don’t think the removable soft spikes are an advantage except that they are replaceable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Irritating that they don’t have all models available in a spiked version.

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Got mine friday and love the fit. Spoke to a rep and they said these will be on myjoy in about a month. Can't wait. 

TM Qi10 LS 9.0 Tour AD BB-7x 
TM Qi10 Tour 14.0 Graphite Design Tour AD BB-8x 
Titleist TSR2 18.0 HZRDUS Black 6.0
Mizuno 245 4-PW KB Tour C Taper 120 S
National Custom Works 48 Green KBS Tour High Rev 
National Custom Works 54 Green KBS Tour High Rev

National Custom Works 60 Green KBS Tour High Rev
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2 sole stamp 

• 2 weeks later...

Friend just sent me this, FJ is FINALLY releasing the Fields with spikes! September release.

20230329_175239.jpg.ba01851a43fce88794af4f0ed58a6ac3.jpg

• Like 4

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Ping G430 21° - AD IZ 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T22 50S, 54D - S400 TI

Vokey SM9 60T - S300

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X