NFL Weekly Picks Club 2022

touch

Nfl Logo Png PNG Images | PNG Cliparts Free Download on SeekPNG

6th annual NFL Picks Contest

Welcome back fellas to what we do best and that is pick games, talk football, talk golf, laugh our tails off, and bounce around with discussions on other various subjects. 

I am capping the contest this year at 8 players and the 8 participants from last year have the first shot at those 8 spots. If one or more of the Original Eight decide not to play this year then I will allow someone new (an outsider) to take a spot.  * Remember this contest runs all the way thru the Super Bowl and it is a commitment. 

The Original Eight are

NCL

doc

greenemachine

P3P 

P48 

CH

LP 

Gentlemen if you are interested in doing this again this NFL season please submit a post stating " I'm in" by the deadline that is this Friday Sept. 2 at midnight.

RULES 

1. For futures betting we will again predict which teams will win their division. 2 points for each correct futures pick 

2. NEW SLP picks. Season Long Picks.

I have added a twist this year and that is the SLP Play. How the SLP Play works is this. At the start of the season pick two teams (one from each conference NFC and AFC) and those two teams will be two of your five picks each week. Your season long picks are teams that you have action on (or a pick involved) for all 17 weeks. They might be a favorite or they might be an underdog it doesn't matter, it's your jam regardless.  You will   understand this better when I submit all my future's picks in my next post. 

3.  We will also continue to make our weekly 3 picks consisting of either side or total (over/under).

This season Q and I will be more strict regarding tardiness in posting your results each week. I will issue a warning first and then if a participant continues to drag their feet I will hand out a -1 pick penalty. That means I will take a W in your record and turn it into a L. Running this thread and keeping the standings current takes work, we don't need any repeated tardiness please. If you know you that there might be a good chance that you will be late with your results go ahead and PM another player and kindly ask that they cover you and post up your weekly results on time in your absence. 

I am glad that professional football will be back soon. 

It will be good to have the band back together. 🤩

Best,

commissioner LP 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway     Mavrik Max  Mitsubishi C-6 blue

Callaway     Epic Flash 3 fw  Even Flow 

Callaway     Epic Flash 5 fw  Even Flow  
TM               M4 (4) hyb  Atmos 

TM               M4 (5) hyb  Atmos 

Honma        TW-X  6-pw  Vizard 

TM               M5  gap w  50*  TT XP 

Ping            Glide 2.0 - 56, 60 both SS w/ AWT 2.0  

Rife             2 bar     Iomic 65 

LP 's division winners and my SLP teams 

Division winners 

AFC East -  Buffalo 

AFC North - Cincinnati 

AFC South - Indy

AFC West - Las Vegas

NFC East - Philadelphia 

NFC North - Minnesota 

NFC South - Tampa 

NFC West - LA Rams 

Season Long Plays 

AFC - New York Jets 

NFC - Minnesota 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Petethreeput said:

So five total picks or say I pick the season long and I pick them, are they considered part of the three? Forgive my misunderstanding.

Yes five total picks each week.

Two are your SLP teams and they don't change weekly. The other three picks are what ever you select for that given week. 

They are not part of the three they are separate. 

No worries P3P I expected my twist to the picks this year might require additional explanation as it's confusing I know. 

Q will keep track of our SLP' s separate in one column in the standings and they also will be factored into our combined (all 5 picks) weekly results total.

• Like 1

⭐

The deadline to have your most recent weekly results in by is 7 PM Eastern on Tuesday's of each new week. 

Thank you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, touch said:

Nfl Logo Png PNG Images | PNG Cliparts Free Download on SeekPNG

6th annual NFL Picks Contest

Welcome back fellas to what we do best and that is pick games, talk football, talk golf, laugh our tails off, and bounce around with discussions on other various subjects. 

I am capping the contest this year at 8 players and the 8 participants from last year have the first shot at those 8 spots. If one or more of the Original Eight decide not to play this year then I will allow someone new (an outsider) to take a spot.  * Remember this contest runs all the way thru the Super Bowl and it is a commitment. 

The Original Eight are

NCL

doc

greenemachine

P3P 

P48 

CH

LP 

Gentlemen if you are interested in doing this again this NFL season please submit a post stating " I'm in" by the deadline that is this Friday Sept. 2 at midnight.

RULES 

1. For futures betting we will again predict which teams will win their division. 2 points for each correct futures pick 

2. NEW SLP picks. Season Long Picks.

I have added a twist this year and that is the SLP Play. How the SLP Play works is this. At the start of the season pick two teams (one from each conference NFC and AFC) and those two teams will be two of your five picks each week. Your season long picks are teams that you have action on (or a pick involved) for all 17 weeks. They might be a favorite or they might be an underdog it doesn't matter, it's your jam regardless.  You will   understand this better when I submit all my future's picks in my next post. 

3.  We will also continue to make our weekly 3 picks consisting of either side or total (over/under).

This season Q and I will be more strict regarding tardiness in posting your results each week. I will issue a warning first and then if a participant continues to drag their feet I will hand out a -1 pick penalty. That means I will take a W in your record and turn it into a L. Running this thread and keeping the standings current takes work, we don't need any repeated tardiness please. If you know you that there might be a good chance that you will be late with your results go ahead and PM another player and kindly ask that they cover you and post up your weekly results on time in your absence. 

I am glad that professional football will be back soon. 

It will be good to have the band back together. 🤩

Best,

commissioner LP 

1 hour ago, touch said:

I am still basking in my "I can't quit you Rory" pick, can we all go back to golf and just savor the flavor a little bit longer? So sweet that he got the Tour Championship under his belt. I bet DJ was a little bit jealous.  Oh yea I'm In

1 hour ago, touch said:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, doctoro said:

Can someone please give doc a tutorial on how to correctly quote a post? 

I've got enough on my plate.

I hear ya doc, I'm still singing Rory's praise myself. 👊 Today on the course I shouted a few times following an excellent shot...

" Rory frickin' McIlroy" 😀

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

I can't quit The Commodores 

That Brick house song hit number 1 on the charts 

For that reason I will take the Commodores to win the NFC East

I predict the NFC East will be the new home to hitting the overs move over AFC West we have some crappy defenses in this division.

Giants and Eagles are improved but the Commodores have no secondary and their pass rush is medium to rare at best

ALL that said I still think they can split with the Eagles and Dallas and take 2 from the G Men

Wentz will throw deep and loosen up defenses enough for our running game to dictate flow

She's a brickhouse Danny Boy so keep your hands to yourself and just keep quiet and we might be ok.  GO COMMODORES

There are not a lot of surprises this year barring key injuries

Buffalo will take the AFC East

AfC North will be the Ravens but they lose in the playoffs after sustaining injuries during the season.

Bengals make the playoffs and beat them.

AFC West goes to Mahomes comeback trail I can't quit you Patrick. Your team sucks but I believe in you and Andy. Give me the Chiefs

The South I don't even know who plays in the South

I think Indy is there 

Give me Indy and the accountant Matt Ryan. I have no real reason just picking them. If Malik comes in for Tennessee all bets are off

NFC North Green Bay yawning out loud

NFC West I think the Rams will change course and run the ball more and grind out a title in the west. Kingsbury is a clown and I don't know enough about Trey Lance 

NFC South other than Brady I could careless about this pathetic division

I guess I have to take Saints on the Famous Jameis Revenge Tour...screw Tom Brady!

Who else is in that division? 

I am getting old.  I forget about the crap teams that never win any games.  

For my two teams ATS 

Lets dig for positive regression from bad ATS records last year 

Jacksonville

And one that had very good ATS records last year Green Bay

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Sounds like a good time, but if someone drops out, how do you decide who the replacement is.  I get the feeling your Jets pick is your season long tackling dummy pick!  😀😀😀

😄  to your comment on my Jets pick. I just feel that they will be much improved. They might not win a bunch of games but I feel they will cover plenty as underdogs getting gobs of points. Who knows NJBF? Truth be told I am one of the weaker prognosticators in the group.

It's first come first served NJBigFish22 so that makes you sir the first alternate. Stay tuned. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

This will be a lot to keep track of.

My division winners will be these teams: Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, and out west, let's take LA Raiders.  In the NFC, which I know nothing about, I will take the Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, NO Saints, and out west give me the sweet sounds of Janes Addiction and the LA Rams.

My all season teams will be the Rams because there is a lot to LA, and of course the Steelers because they are the only team I even remotely follow.

5 picks a week, that's a lot of picks.

• Like 2

SLP's   

touch -  Jets and Vikings

doc     -   Jaguars and Packers

P3P     -   Rams and Steelers 

Posted (edited)

Division Winners 

AFC East                                                                              AFC North               

LP   - Buffalo                                                                       LP   -  Cincy

doc - Buffalo                                                                      doc - Baltimore 

P3P - Buffalo                                                                      P3P - Cincy

P48  - Buffalo                                                                     P48  - Baltimore 

AFC South                                                                           AFC West 

LP   -  Indy                                                                             LP    - Las Vegas 

doc  - Indy                                                                            doc   - KC                                                                 

P3P - Indy                                                                             P3P - Las Vegas

P48  - Indy                                                                            P48 - LA Chargers  

NFC East                                                                              NFC North

LP     - Philadelphia                                                          LP   -  Minnesota 

doc  -  Washington                                                          doc  -Green Bay

P3P  -  Dallas                                                                      P3P - Green Bay 

P48   - Dallas                                                                      P48  - Minnesota 

NFC South                                                                          NFC West 

LP     - Tampa                                                                     LP      - LA Rams 

doc  -  New Orleans                                                       doc    - LA Rams

P3P   - New Orleans                                                       P3P   - LA Rams 

P48   - Tampa                                                                   P48    - LA Rams 

__________________________________________________________________________________

SLP's   

Season long plays. Two teams picked every week of the regular season.  

P48     -   Patriots and Seahawks  

Edited by touch

P48 division winners and my SLP teams 

Division winners 

AFC East -  Buffalo 

AFC North - Baltimore

AFC South - Indy

AFC West - San Diego

NFC East - Dallas

NFC North - Minnesota 

NFC South - Tampa 

NFC West - LA Rams 

Season Long Plays 

AFC - New England 

NFC - Seattle

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

This will be a lot to keep track of.

My division winners will be these teams: Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, and out west, let's take LA Raiders.  In the NFC, which I know nothing about, I will take the Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, NO Saints, and out west give me the sweet sounds of Janes Addiction and the LA Rams.

My all season teams will be the Rams because there is a lot to LA, and of course the Steelers because they are the only team I even remotely follow.

5 picks a week, that's a lot of picks.

"5 picks a week, that's a lot of picks. "  actually it just making 3 picks each week (like we have always done)  because your LA Rams and PGH Steelers picks are automatically in the 5 each and every week. 

" This will be a lot to keep track of."   And that is why I have my assistant the great Mr. Qqq123xx ! 🙂

Welcome back Montana man. Cheers to ya P3P.  You have been missed. 🥂

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Division Winners 

AFC East                                                                              AFC North               

LP   - Buffalo                                                                        LP   -  Cincy

doc - Buffalo                                                                       doc - Baltimore 

P3P - Buffalo                                                                      P3P - Cincy

P48 - Buffalo                                                                      P48 - Baltimore 

AFC South                                                                           AFC West 

LP   -  Indy                                                                             LP     - Las Vegas 

doc  - Indy                                                                            doc   - KC                                                                 

P3P - Indy                                                                             P3P - Las Vegas

P48 - Indy                                                                            P48 - LA Chargers  

NFC East                                                                              NFC North

LP       - Philadelphia                                                          LP    - Minnesota 

doc   -  Washington                                                           doc  - Green Bay

P3P  -  Dallas                                                                        P3P  - Green Bay 

P48   - Dallas                                                                        P48  - Minnesota 

NFC South                                                                          NFC West 

LP     - Tampa                                                                     LP      - LA Rams 

doc  -  New Orleans                                                       doc    - LA Rams

P3P   - New Orleans                                                       P3P   - LA Rams 

P48  - Tampa                                                                    P48    - LA Rams 

__________________________________________________________________________________

SLP's   

Season long plays. Two teams picked for every week of the regular season.  

P48     -   Patriots and Seahawks  

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, touch said:

"5 picks a week, that's a lot of picks. "  actually it just making 3 picks each week (like we have always done)  because your LA Rams and PGH Steelers picks are automatically in the 5 each and every week. 

" This will be a lot to keep track of."   And that is why I have an assistant the great Mr. Qqq123xx ! 🙂

Welcome back Montana man. Cheers to ya P3P.  You have been missed. 🥂

I'm sorry I won't be available this season. 

woo-girls-know-who-the-rich-ones-are.jpg

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

I'm sorry I won't be available this season. 

woo-girls-know-who-the-rich-ones-are.jpg

Lord have mercy. I will take a serving of that Neapolitan ice cream off your right hip sir.  

Is it a big bank account or a big tool?   Oh I forgot it's the Q man that we are talking about so the answer is BOTH !   😅

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SLP      Patriots/Jaguars        Will be real interesting year for both teams.

DIVISION WINNERS

AFC EAST:  BUFFALO BILLS   No homer central my bones still creaked up from last years 

basement dwelling. 

NORTH:  BALTIMORE RAVENS     Ton of injuries last year reverse karma this year.

SOUTH:   TENNESSE TITANS    Run that ball. 

WEST:    K.C. CHIEFS              And I'm not much on barbeque stunning. 

NFC EAST:   PHILLY CHEESESTEAK    No cheese wiz allowed. 

NORTH:  G.B. CHEESEHEADS    Love me cheese period. 

SOUTH:  T.B. ERROL FLYNNS     Rest of division 500 at best. 

WEST:   L.A. RAMS                     Cardinals will make it interesting. For a while. 

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Thanks 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Indeed ! ⭐  it's melted slices of provolone or GTFO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, touch said:

Indeed ! ⭐  it's melted slices of provolone or GTFO. 

Correct. And hey the SLP that is same as other picks with spread/or over under correct?

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

As we start a new season of NFL picks let me say something please. For or a few years now I have had the best statistician in the game at my side. Please gents join me in giving a tip of the cap to Q for the fine job with the numbers that he has continued to do for us in both golf and football. 

Boys be correct and buy that M F'r a drink or two this season please. 

You rock Q. Thanks for tackling the standings once again for us !  ⚡

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Qqq123xx said:

Correct. And hey the SLP that is same as other picks with spread/or over under correct?

No over/ under choice is involved with a SLP pick.  It is just the side. So if your Pats are -7 you got them. If they happen to be +2 you got them. 

Once again you cannot pick an OVR/UNDR play with your SLP's as they are side only. 

Nice try though.  😅

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, touch said:

No over/ under choice is involved with a SLP pick.  It is just the side. So if your Pats are -7 you got them. If they happen to be +2 you got them. 

Once again you cannot pick an OVR/UNDR play with your SLP's as they are side only. 

Nice try though.  😅

Lol no try intended. I like that didn't really want O/U involved so good. 

• Like 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

6 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Lol no try intended. I like that didn't really want O/U involved so good. 

I knew your question was just for official business and not something you were asking to be a thing. Commish was just being a smart A S *.  😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2022 at 9:57 PM, doctoro said:

I can't quit The Commodores 

That Brick house song hit number 1 on the charts 

For that reason I will take the Commodores to win the NFC East

I predict the NFC East will be the new home to hitting the overs move over AFC West we have some crappy defenses in this division.

Giants and Eagles are improved but the Commodores have no secondary and their pass rush is medium to rare at best

ALL that said I still think they can split with the Eagles and Dallas and take 2 from the G Men

Wentz will throw deep and loosen up defenses enough for our running game to dictate flow

She's a brickhouse Danny Boy so keep your hands to yourself and just keep quiet and we might be ok.  GO COMMODORES

There are not a lot of surprises this year barring key injuries

Buffalo will take the AFC East

AfC North will be the Ravens but they lose in the playoffs after sustaining injuries during the season.

Bengals make the playoffs and beat them.

AFC West goes to Mahomes comeback trail I can't quit you Patrick. Your team sucks but I believe in you and Andy. Give me the Chiefs

The South I don't even know who plays in the South

I think Indy is there 

Give me Indy and the accountant Matt Ryan. I have no real reason just picking them. If Malik comes in for Tennessee all bets are off

NFC North Green Bay yawning out loud

NFC West I think the Rams will change course and run the ball more and grind out a title in the west. Kingsbury is a clown and I don't know enough about Trey Lance 

NFC South other than Brady I could careless about this pathetic division

I guess I have to take Saints on the Famous Jameis Revenge Tour...screw Tom Brady!

Who else is in that division? 

I am getting old.  I forget about the crap teams that never win any games.  

For my two teams ATS 

Lets dig for positive regression from bad ATS records last year 

Jacksonville

And one that had very good ATS records last year Green Bay

Because I am an old dude that so very much loved that song back in the day I just had to ! 💥

🕺

bravo doc ! ⚡

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1