2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Da 2023 college fooball 🏈

bscinstnct

9 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Looks like those volunteers are a little overrated.  Eh!? 

Not as much as Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M et al. At least UT beat the crap out of and housed LSU in Death Valley when 'Bama could not. Example #4239784 why there should be no weekly college ranking polls until 5-6 weeks into the CFB season after the teams have played. Saban on the road against rated teams does not seem to end well for him. The Buckeyes really struggled at Northwestern against an awful Northwestern squad today. This is the time of the CFB season when chaos at the top the the rankings usually takes place without fail.

- Biggest surprise of the night was a mediocre FSU making the vaunted "U" look like a low level D2 school at home with another high priced over rated head coach. See Texas A&M for a further example.

- Most overrated player in the nation by far this season is DJ Uiagalelei. Woof. Same as last year.

- Never been an ND fan but nice to see them club some smugness out of Dabo tonight. Long time coming. Cue the Victory March. ND played like a champion, well a 6-3 team today.

- CJ Stroud from OSU..... What was that? 10-26 for 76 yards against a 1-7 team? Bye Bye Heisman.

- It's Georgia's title to lose at this point. Class of the SEC.  

Will be interesting to see the CFP rankings this week.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, grm24 said:

Not as much as Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M et al. At least UT beat the crap out of and housed LSU in Death Valley when 'Bama could not. Example #4239784 why there should be no weekly college ranking polls until 5-6 weeks into the CFB season after the teams have played. Saban on the road against rated teams does not seem to end well for him. The Buckeyes really struggled at Northwestern against an awful Northwestern squad today. This is the time of the CFB season when chaos at the top the the rankings usually takes place without fail.

- Biggest surprise of the night was a mediocre FSU making the vaunted "U" look like a low level D2 school at home with another high priced over rated head coach. See Texas A&M for a further example.

- Most overrated player in the nation by far this season is DJ Uiagalelei. Woof. Same as last year.

- Never been an ND fan but nice to see them club some smugness out of Dabo tonight. Long time coming. Cue the Victory March. ND played like a champion, well a 6-3 team today.

- CJ Stroud from OSU..... What was that? 10-26 for 76 yards against a 1-7 team? Bye Bye Heisman.

- It's Georgia's title to lose at this point. Class of the SEC.  

Will be interesting to see the CFP rankings this week.

Yep as far as in context I’ll agree with all that. Tenn is above Clemson and Bama.  But having them 1, and  UGA 3 was a joke. And I’ll add. I’m not a Bama homer.  But if Tennessee plays Bama at home , that game goes The other way.  And yet Bama losing drops them to 6.  Playing in Knoxville is like playing with one arm in behind your back.  But I know coulda woulda shoulda.  

In all reality it should be UGA 1 tenn 2 I won’t stir up the hornets nest completely by picking a concrete 3 or 4.  But I will say this. Current Bama team is another good case for why w 8 team playoff is needed.  They could very realistically win a 8 team playoff with 2 loses. They’re certainly better than Clemson.  By miles.  ( who plays nobody all year ).  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 hours ago, grm24 said:

Hmm. Pitt didn't seem to have any issues playing at UT last year. 🙃

Let’s just agree to leave Clemson out of the playoff , and the rest won’t matter to me 😂

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

How about those Frogs!  One of the best mascots in CF (lizards with an attitude that can shoot blood out of their eyes).  I don't see them making the playoff, but they are big overachievers.  They get more out of less every year whereas places like Texas and TAMU have become the experts at getting less out of more. 

Texas is surging.  Big game this week between the Frogs and the Horns.  Not sure TCU can win, but should be a great game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

How about those Frogs!  One of the best mascots in CF (lizards with an attitude that can shoot blood out of their eyes).  I don't see them making the playoff, but they are big overachievers.  They get more out of less every year whereas places like Texas and TAMU have become the experts at getting less out of more. 

Texas is surging.  Big game this week between the Frogs and the Horns.  Not sure TCU can win, but should be a great game.

Awesome TP! Hope to catch that game.

Texas seems like the Australia of the USA with all kinds of deadly creatures that can kill ya! 😳🤣

On 11/6/2022 at 9:26 AM, bladehunter said:

Yep as far as in context I’ll agree with all that. Tenn is above Clemson and Bama.  But having them 1, and  UGA 3 was a joke. And I’ll add. I’m not a Bama homer.  But if Tennessee plays Bama at home , that game goes The other way.  And yet Bama losing drops them to 6.  Playing in Knoxville is like playing with one arm in behind your back.  But I know coulda woulda shoulda.  

In all reality it should be UGA 1 tenn 2 I won’t stir up the hornets nest completely by picking a concrete 3 or 4.  But I will say this. Current Bama team is another good case for why w 8 team playoff is needed.  They could very realistically win a 8 team playoff with 2 loses. They’re certainly better than Clemson.  By miles.  ( who plays nobody all year ).  

By this logic, Tennessee's loss at Athens was as much about Athens as about the UGA team. I'm a UT homer and I don't see it that way, but I definitely think the crowd and atmosphere had an impact down there. 

Hopefully UGA dominates right through the SEC Championship game and Tennessee's loss begins to look like it was inevitable rather than poorly played. 

The pro-UT spin on the loss is that avoiding the SEC Championship is a net positive this year. A rematch against LSU or having to prepare for a scrappy Ole Miss team would be a huge challenge going into the pre-playoff practices. Hopefully Tennessee will try to make a statement against each of their last three opponents to improve Hooker's Heisman stock and the team's position for a playoff spot. 

In any case this season is coming at a perfect time for recruiting and I think when the staff has a team made up of the players they want they'll be able to compete better against excellent teams like UGA. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

32 minutes ago, me05501 said:

By this logic, Tennessee's loss at Athens was as much about Athens as about the UGA team. I'm a UT homer and I don't see it that way, but I definitely think the crowd and atmosphere had an impact down there. 

Hopefully UGA dominates right through the SEC Championship game and Tennessee's loss begins to look like it was inevitable rather than poorly played. 

The pro-UT spin on the loss is that avoiding the SEC Championship is a net positive this year. A rematch against LSU or having to prepare for a scrappy Ole Miss team would be a huge challenge going into the pre-playoff practices. Hopefully Tennessee will try to make a statement against each of their last three opponents to improve Hooker's Heisman stock and the team's position for a playoff spot. 

In any case this season is coming at a perfect time for recruiting and I think when the staff has a team made up of the players they want they'll be able to compete better against excellent teams like UGA. 

Athens isn’t on the same level as Neyland.  There’s something about rocky top that makes non volunteers homicidal. Or suicidal.  It’s like the tiger rag.  I throw up a little each time my brain thinks of it.  Orange.  It’s truly a horrible color.  😂.   

and let me tell you.  As a gamecock, I’m no Georgia fan.  But I think UGA beats them by 14 plus in any stadium on earth.  

• Haha 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Athens isn’t on the same level as Neyland.  There’s something about rocky top that makes non volunteers homicidal. Or suicidal.  It’s like the tiger rag.  I throw up a little each time my brain thinks of it.  Orange.  It’s truly a horrible color.  😂.   

and let me tell you.  As a gamecock, I’m no Georgia fan.  But I think UGA beats them by 14 plus in any stadium on earth.  

Fortunately for you there wasn't much orange to see on Saturday. It looked like our receivers and O-linemen were wearing red shirts most of the day. 

• Haha 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

41 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Fortunately for you there wasn't much orange to see on Saturday. It looked like our receivers and O-linemen were wearing red shirts most of the day. 

Ha! Good point.  And thank you for having a sense of humor.  I Really don’t take it as seriously as I sound.  I mean I’m a gamecock fan.  How serious can I be and survive 😂.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Ha! Good point.  And thank you for having a sense of humor.  I Really don’t take it as seriously as I sound.  I mean I’m a gamecock fan.  How serious can I be and survive 😂.  

No kidding! UT has been in the wilderness for so long we're just happy to have some success. 

My son works on the UT football social media squad. He said they get metrics on "impressions" (clicks/likes/etc) and Tennessee has the most engagement of any team by a margin of 1.5MM or something like that. The recruiting momentum seems real. We'll see!

• Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

9 hours ago, me05501 said:

No kidding! UT has been in the wilderness for so long we're just happy to have some success. 

TD

My son works on the UT football social media squad. He said they get metrics on "impressions" (clicks/likes/etc) and Tennessee has the most engagement of any team by a margin of 1.5MM or something like that. The recruiting momentum seems real. We'll see!

This was the best trolling of the day after Stetson scored the 13 yard TD run. 600-700 calls the night before from Tennessee fans trying to faze him. He's a cool customer. Watched the Mailman in HS. Awesome talent. Making some $$ off of the calls. LOL🤣

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2

USC fan, and I can't even be mad at the lack of movement in the polls as teams fall all around them.  The defense is terrible and needs to show out for any jump in the rankings.  They will probably lose to UCLA if the defense can't sort out the issues.  UGA looks incredibly difficult as it stands.  

Driver: Cobra LTDX 9 degree; HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black

Fairway Wood: Taylormade M6 15 degree

Titleist u510 2 iron

Srixon ZX5 4-PW; ACCRA iSteel 115

Wedges Vokey SM9 58/54/48

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2 

10 hours ago, ANimz said:

USC fan, and I can't even be mad at the lack of movement in the polls as teams fall all around them.  The defense is terrible and needs to show out for any jump in the rankings.  They will probably lose to UCLA if the defense can't sort out the issues.  UGA looks incredibly difficult as it stands.  

The 2022 UGA squad may prove to be the last team that had everything all at once. NIL and the transfer portal seem to be allowing talent to spread across more teams and will make building a dynasty a lot more difficult. 

• Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

2 hours ago, me05501 said:

The 2022 UGA squad may prove to be the last team that had everything all at once. NIL and the transfer portal seem to be allowing talent to spread across more teams and will make building a dynasty a lot more difficult. 

I am curious to see how it impacts juniors leaving for the draft though.  I imagine there could be more people staying for their senior season with NIL deals on the table.  

Driver: Cobra LTDX 9 degree; HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black

Fairway Wood: Taylormade M6 15 degree

Titleist u510 2 iron

Srixon ZX5 4-PW; ACCRA iSteel 115

Wedges Vokey SM9 58/54/48

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2 

1 hour ago, ANimz said:

I am curious to see how it impacts juniors leaving for the draft though.  I imagine there could be more people staying for their senior season with NIL deals on the table.  

I think that would be a positive, especially in basketball. Then again, the players getting the most NIL money are the same ones who will get the fattest rookie contracts and endorsements. 

• Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

UCLA and Oregon.... Thanks for playing. As a parting gift you will still both have a good bowl game to play in.

Texas A&M - What to do with Jimbo Fisher.

Crazy ending to D3 Mt Union/Baldwin Wallace game. Hail mary pass way short bounces off the defenders helmet into the WR hands for the winning score. Clinched the OAC for Mt Unions for like the 300th year in a row. Mt Union is the greatest D3 school in football history. It's not close.

Edited by grm24
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 2:53 AM, grm24 said:

Texas A&M - What to do with Jimbo Fisher.

What a situation that is. So much money being thrown at coaches and players in Aggieland and so little to show for it. Jimbo looks really uncomfortable. You know he's trying not to misstep to prevent them from being able to fire him with cause. 

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

6 hours ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Frogs are tough as nails.  Walk off FG to win by 1.  Insane.

They personify (to borrow a phrase), "it ain't over 'til it's over". 

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

7 minutes ago, ThinkingPlus said:

Huge win for SC. That takes care of Tennessee as far as the CFP is concerned. 

Yep definitely overrated . I wish the QB well. But he  had days to throw all night and some of the smallest DBs in college ball and still couldn’t complete a pass.   Did not need to be in the playoff.  

now if we can knock off Dabo in tiger town next week , my Christmas list will be complete !  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

You guys stomped em good 😃

Man, those SC cheerleaders nothing to sneeze at either ; )

Carolina girls , best in the world !  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• bscinstnct changed the title to Da 2023 college fooball 🏈