APPLY NOW! Edel SMS Iron Testing! 3 Testers Needed!

961449366_EdelTesting.jpg.ab135f8f505bb4daf544fff6a1dbfa09.jpg

Edel Golf and GolfWRX and VERY excited to bring you this testing opportunity! We are looking for 3 members to test out the new Edel SMS Irons and report back to the community with how they perform. We want members who want to really dial in their game and move the weights around to find their best fit. Apply now for your chance to be one of the 3 lucky testers who will get to test out a set of Edel SMS Irons.

About Edel's SMS Irons

Clubface is king. SMS weighting gives golfers the ability to control their clubface throughout their swing to create the most efficient impact for them. Imagine having total control of your face angle by matching the SMS weights to your swing and unlocking the most accurate iron you’ve ever hit. By moving the heaviest weight on the iron to its optimal position, you’ll get total face control for increased distance, dialed-in accuracy, and ultimate iron performance. 

The SMS Irons feature a plasma welded maraging steel face cup to increase ball speed across the entirety of the face. Also, utilizing a forged hollow body construction for breakthrough distance, Edel has created a proprietary urethane foam fill to greater dampen vibrations and provide impeccable feel and sound.

How To Apply
1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current iron set?
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

That's it. GolfWRX and Edel Golf will select the testers in about two weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only.

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_5480_720x.jpg.21d972d0c07b6a73df11da5fefdf2053.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1545_720x.jpg.aec4909e6d07ff0d60ac7eec1e40ed04.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Victoria, TX

2. +0.8 handicap 

3. Arias D-23 ( zero offset) 4-PW, Callaway Rogue ST Pro 3 iron 

4. I love my current irons, but after reading the good things about Edel’s new wedges I am extremely interested to see if my accuracy could improve with their weighting technology. Iron play is a strength of my game already, but if I could improve my proximity to the whole a little bit I feel I could make that next step with my game. I’m only two hours from their headquarters, so if selected I would love to go in and do a fitting with them if possible.

5. I have a very high quality digital camera, a portable launch monitor, and a background in writing as a published author, so I would be happy to do some really in-depth updates. 

Edited by JDTex

Driver - TaylorMade Sim Max 12* (@10*), Diamana S60 Limited

Fairway Wood - Ping G410, 17.5*, Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.0

Irons- Srixon ZU85 4, Aerotech i110CW

Srixon Z785 5-PW, Project X 6.0

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore, 52 Mid, 58 Mid, DG Tour Issue Spinner

Putter – Do I have to? 

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

1. City, State?  Walnut, CA

2. Handicap?  4.8
3. Current iron set?  New Level 623-M
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I've tested Edel wedges in the past and thought they were exceptional in feel and performance so I would love to test the irons.  I also tend to miss toe side with irons so I think the adjustable weights would increase forgiveness for that. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Diamana TB 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1. City, State?  Fairfield, PA

2. Handicap?  3.0
3. Current iron set? PXG Gen 2 0311 P (4-PW), RH, Std length, 1* up, True Temper Pro X100 hardstepped 1x
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Edel has a reputation of making awesome equipment, but difficult to find in my area to try.  Really like the adjustable weights in the back to adjust both swing weight and ball flight.  PXG makes a solid distance iron, but the feel is only ok.  These Edel irons look awesome!!!!!
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely!!!!!

1. City, State? Madison, WI

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current iron set? Maltby PTM
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? The simple adjustability is extremely intriguing!  
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely! 

TITLEIST TSi3 9º

COBRA LTDX 15º

COBRA OS 22º + 25º

MALTBY PTM 6-GW

CLEVELAND CBX 2 52º+58º

ODYSSEY Tri Hot 5k 2 | Tour B X

1. City, State? Watertown, MA

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current iron set? TM P760
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Move that weight out to the toe and see what happens!!! I'm considering going to get fit for these irons regardless of the contest. The dispersion reports are amazing!
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

Edited by capifico22

1. City, State? Cedarburg, WI

2. Handicap? 0.5
3. Current iron set? Nike VRII Pro Combo 3-4, VRII Pro 5-PW, C-Taper 130X
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Love to test some new technology that looks good, could use a little more forgiveness after the birth of #3
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

Titleist TSI2 10.0* UST Elements Chrome+
Titleist TSI2 15* Matrix Red Tie

Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Diamana White

Titleist TS2 19* Diamana White
Nike VR II Pro Combo 4, Nike VR II Pro 5-PW KBS C-Taper
Nike Engage SS 52 at 53*
Nike Engage DS 58 at 59*
Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

1. Orlando, FL

2. 11.9
3. Bridgestone Tour X CB w KBS PGI 90s 4-pw
4. These irons have a super clean look to them. I dig the idea of dialing in the weight to different position, since I am a lead teape guy. Also love that they are hollow bodied for add speed. Seem exactly like something that would fit my eye and my game. 
5. Totally agree!

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade Stealth+ - MCA Kai'li White 60s

Callaway Epic Speed 3w - Aldila Tour Green 70s

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3i - UST Mamiya Recoil 680s

Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 4i-pw - KBS PGI 90s

Cobra King F6 GW 50 - Fujikura Reax 75s

Taylormade Hi Toe Raw 54, 58 - Fujikura Ventus Red 75s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Taylormade TP5x

1. Northborough, MA

2. Unofficial 11
3. New Level PF-2
4. Would love to test some hollow bodied irons, and see if they offer improvements to solid one piece forgings. The additional weight adjustment seems like a step forward in design and tech. Additionally, I am really interested in the turf interaction.
5. If chosen I would write an indepth review, and offer comparisons to my current sent and previous irons where I have LM numbers. I will also compare on course performance.

1. City, State? Cincinnati, Ohio

2. Handicap? 10
3. Current iron set? Nike Pro Combo
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Look and feel of the blade with larger sweep spot..  Hard to find irons with large sweet spot without much offset..
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes definately..

1. Tulsa, Ok

2. +1.7
3. Bridgestone j40 DPC
4. I play the SMS wedges and like the look of the irons. Would certainly like to give them a try.
5. Absolutely.

TSR 3 @ 8* - Ventus Black TR 7x
Cobra King Tec 2h 15.5* - Hzrdus Black 85tx
Bridgestone J40DPC 3-P - X7

Mizuno t7 50* - x100
Edel SMS 55* & 60* - KBS black 130x

Lajosi Sensor WB custom

1. City, State? PASADENA CA

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current iron set? CALLAWAY APEX TCB 4-AW
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? IRON PLAY IS MOST IMPORTANT TO MY GAME, AND IF I CAN TIGHTEN DISPERSION ON MY IRONS THAT WILL LEAD TO MORE PARS WHICH WILL HELP ELIMINATE THOSE BLOWUP HOLES
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? YES!!

1. City, State?   Phoenix, AZ

2. Handicap?  7
3. Current iron set?  Ping S56
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I can't hit my S56s anymore very well!  I need an iron that will help get back distance, control and accuracy which I have lost! 🙂  
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes

1. City, State?   Middletown, PA

2. Handicap?   9
3. Current iron set?   Callaway Rouge Pro
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?   Being an inconsistent striker of the ball, the moveable weighting will help dial in better accuracy for my game!
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?   Yes, of course.

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

1. City, State? Venice Florida 

2. Handicap? +4.2
3. Current iron set? Ping S56 4-9 AWT X Flex -1/2" 
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I've always been a fan of David's technology and have had multiple wedges and putters from them but in my area testing the irons has been pretty much impossible, I like the fact of the SMS weighting to slow toe rotation due to to my miss normally being left and i've always lead taped my irons on the toe side to limit face rotation through impact and because I play everything at -5/8" , it would be nice to have a set not all gummed up with lead tape to accomplish that same feat and to be at a proper swing weight at a short playing length. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? 100% I'll also have access to Trackman and GCQuad information to compare the irons to my current gamers 

Ping G410+ 9* Set to Flat 0 Hzrdus Smoke Green PVD "Hulk" 70 6.5TX Tipped 1.5"

Ping G 17.5 @ 16.5 Ping Tour 80x Tipped 1.5"

Nike  Oven Serial VR Pro LTD 5 Wood @21.25 Prototype Aldila RIP 90x 

Titleist TS2 Hybrid 23* @ D1 Tour AD DI 105x

Ping S56 4-9 AWT X Purple Dot -1/2" Hardstepped 1x 

Cleveland RTX 4 46/10 54/10 60/10 TT S400 Tour Issue 

Taylormade Spider OG AGSI+ 32.5" 2Thumb OG Lite 

Srixon Z-Star Divide 

1. City, State? - Lima, Ohio

2. Handicap? - 5.4
3. Current iron set? - Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 shafts - 2* weak, 2* Flat 
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? - I have hit their putters and wedges before and have been a huge fan of them, so I would love to test out the irons! 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? - Yes, absolutely! 

1. City, State? Fairfield, California

2. Handicap? 16
3. Current iron set? Titleist 716 AP1
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I’m on the market for a new set of irons and the customizable face weighting is an intriguing technology I would definitely like to test
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? of course!

1. City, State? Sacramento, CA

2. Handicap? 12
3. Current iron set? Mizuno MP18 with Project X LS 6.5, -0.5"
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Built in weight tweaking appeals highly to me. I already do this with my irons with lead tape to both progressively swingweight and place the tape behind strike point to improve stability and  help turf interaction.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely. I will have plenty of comparison pictures, comprehensive review combining first impression, stock setup playability, adjusted weighting playability, and final tweaking that combines insights from both range performance and on-course reviews. I have a local executive 9 that is the perfect place to play with only irons to utilize the entire set.

1. City, State? San Francisco, CA

2. Handicap? 20
3. Current iron set? Adams A4 Forged
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Love the idea of being able to tinker with the setup to find what works best for me. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

1. City, State? San Diego, CA

2. Handicap? 7
3. Current iron set? Taylormade P790/770/MC combo
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? To see if weight shifts make the same difference for me that they do with my driver.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? YES!

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

1. City, State? Oklahoma City, Ok

2. Handicap? 0.7
3. Current iron set? Callaway Tcb/apex mb combo
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? On my off days I fight a left miss and would love to be able to just adjust the toe weight to minimize that. Great concept and would be interested to see it in action. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

1. City, State? Hillsboro,OR

2. Handicap? 21
3. Current iron set? 2019 PXG 0211
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I love tinkering with weight and I have lead tape on my clubs. Having a little one, I want to get away from lead tape for safety reasons. I would love to utilize these to not only help with my miss but have an MOI matched iron set in hopes I can get better consistency and play better golf.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes but with life events going on things would be delayed. I certainly would do a solid comparison to my current set when all is said and done 🙂

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

3W: Rogue ST LS 16.5 '22 Tensei AV Blue 75x

3H: Sub70 939X UST Proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: 2021 Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

1. City, State?  Bentonville, AR

2. Handicap?  7
3. Current iron set?  Sub70 659 TC
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I've been through both a fitting of Edel putters and wedges previously and the fitting process was next level.  I also had the chance to demo the prior generation Single Length irons and was really impressed by the technology built into those irons, as well as the way they built the irons around their fitting process.  I love the notion of being able to dial in every single club to optimize performance.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes