2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW! Edel SMS Iron Testing! 3 Testers Needed!

On 9/8/2022 at 10:29 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current iron set?
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

Grand Rapids, MI area

Ping S55, White Dot (2* up), +1"

Would love to see how improved control of the face could improve my game, I consistently have a closed clubface.

You betcha

1. City, State?  Warner Robins, GA

2. Handicap?  12
3. Current iron set?  Mizuno MP-15
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I have always heard great things and Edel seems to do a great job innovating.  The SMS irons seem like they will provide a player’s performance and looks with the ability to truly customize the iron to optimize forgiveness and control.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes

How To Apply
1. Haymarket Virginia

2. I have not kept a handicap in a couple years but hover around a 5
3. Ping i210 5-UW Accra i-series stiff 
4. I absolutey love my Edel SMS wedges they are the best wedges I have played in 35 years. The technology is legit and I feel it could make a bigger impact in the irons. I love the look of the new irons. I love my i210 irons but believe these could kick them out of my bag.
5. I would be more than willing to do extensive testing and write a thorough review with photos and ongoing updates.

WITB
 Ping G425 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Titleist TSR2+  Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Titleist TS3  18* set to C1 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Callaway UW 21* Oban Kiyoshi white 75 stiff
Ping I210 5-UW Veylix arcane copper mod 1010
Edel SMS V grind  54* Accra SP Wedge 
Edel SMS V grind 58* Accra Hybrex Wedge
SiK DW 2.0 slant neck LA Golf Soho Green or Argolf Merlin Accra FX200 shaft
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

1. City, State? Ashland, OH

2. Handicap? 10
3. Current iron set? Bridgestone J15CB
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Always heard great things about Edel, have even bagged the occasional Edel Wedge and Putter over the years. Think they are beautiful, but nowhere to hit and test before making a commitment to a full set. Would love to try to knock the old J15CB out of the bag. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely ready and willing!

1. City, State? Loxahatchee FL

2. Handicap? 8
3. Current iron set? Srixon ZX7
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Love the technology and interested to see how it performs. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? YES

Rogue ST 3D 10.5 GD AD DI 6s

Paradym 3D 15* Kali white  70s

U65 20* 

4-P ZX7 Modus 120s

50.08F/54.14F/60.10S Sm6 KBS $-taper

Phantom X12.5

PROV1 

1. City, State? Edina MN

2. Handicap? 14.1
3. Current iron set? PXG 0311XF
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I have buyers remorse on the PXG and will switch out this year, have had Edel putter in my bag longer than any other club
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

1. City, State? - Milwaukee, WI

2. Handicap? - 8.1
3. Current iron set? - Callaway Mavrik 5i - AW w/ Nippon Zelos Reg / Stiff 8 shafts
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? - Love the look of the Edel irons. I'd love to see if they are true to the hype of extra 6+ yards per club! Also the movable weights is great as I have a tendency to hit off the toe once in a while with my 5 and 6 irons. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? - Yes. 

1. Venice, Florida 

2. 1.3

3. Cobra King Forged CB

4. Ability to tinker and fine tune iron face angle at impact sounds great! 

5. Of course. 

WITB Currently
Titleist TSR2 10*

Callaway Paradym 16.5*

Titleist TSi1 20*

Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Irons - Srixon ZX7 5-PW

Cleveland RTX6 56*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II Centershaft/Ping Tyne C

Mizuno K1-L0

1. City, State?  Portsmouth, NH

2. Handicap?  13
3. Current iron set?  Mizuno MP-62 
I’ve heard great things about the company and their innovative ways. I have never had the opportunity to try their equipment  but am interested to give it a shot and provide a non biased opinion
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review,with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes that is not a problem at all 

1.  Mt. Pleasant, MI

2.  13.7

3.  Ping G410

4.  To be perfectly honest (and ruin any chance of being selected as a tester) I am simply interested in trying over-priced, over-hyped product in the hopes that I am WRONG in the way I think about this brand.

5.  Would gladly eat my words in a thoroughly documented review.

On 9/8/2022 at 10:29 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

961449366_EdelTesting.jpg.ab135f8f505bb4daf544fff6a1dbfa09.jpg

Edel Golf and GolfWRX and VERY excited to bring you this testing opportunity! We are looking for 3 members to test out the new Edel SMS Irons and report back to the community with how they perform. We want members who want to really dial in their game and move the weights around to find their best fit. Apply now for your chance to be one of the 3 lucky testers who will get to test out a set of Edel SMS Irons.

About Edel's SMS Irons

Clubface is king. SMS weighting gives golfers the ability to control their clubface throughout their swing to create the most efficient impact for them. Imagine having total control of your face angle by matching the SMS weights to your swing and unlocking the most accurate iron you’ve ever hit. By moving the heaviest weight on the iron to its optimal position, you’ll get total face control for increased distance, dialed-in accuracy, and ultimate iron performance. 

The SMS Irons feature a plasma welded maraging steel face cup to increase ball speed across the entirety of the face. Also, utilizing a forged hollow body construction for breakthrough distance, Edel has created a proprietary urethane foam fill to greater dampen vibrations and provide impeccable feel and sound.

How To Apply
1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current iron set?
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

That's it. GolfWRX and Edel Golf will select the testers in about two weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only.

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_5480_720x.jpg.21d972d0c07b6a73df11da5fefdf2053.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1545_720x.jpg.aec4909e6d07ff0d60ac7eec1e40ed04.jpg

Reside in Tallahasse Florida

Play Mizuno JPX 919 forged and Cobra Amp Cell pro

It's all about club/turf interaction so would enjoy finding out how these Edel SMS irons move dirt.

Of course, write it up

1. City, State? Warren, NJ

2. Handicap? 5
3. Current iron set? PXG Gen 4 0311ST
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Love to try new technology, especially ones that allow me to customize. PXG's screw system is too much hassle to make changes. Edel's system is perfect. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

1. City, State?  Sacramento, CA

2. Handicap?  6
3. Current iron set?  MacGregor Pro-m
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I've always liked the brand but never had a chance to hit any of your products. Would love to try em some day.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Would not be a problem for me writing and taking video documenting my thoughts about the product.

Edited by ballzo

Titleist TSr3 8* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6
Titleist TSr3 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7
Sonartec MD 19* Fujikura Banzai
MacGregor Pro-M 4-P S300
MacGregor MT-Pro 52.6*, 56.12*, 58.10 bent to 59*
Scotty Cameron California Series Del Mar

1. City, State? Greenville, MI

2. Handicap? 7.5
3. Current iron set? P-770’s
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I would love to adjust weighting to achieve better consistency. I play closer to toe side rather then center, and would love to get a little more weight behind the ball
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely I would!

1. City, State?  Mesa, Arizona

2. Handicap?  7
3. Current iron set? Ping GMax
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I think the ability to move weight around on an iron is both unique and very innovative.  I'd like to see if I can dial in my iron play with them.  Also I'm 69 years old and play 3 to 4 times per week and you need to see how they react with a senior player.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes

1. City, State?  Wichita, KS

2. Handicap?  0.6 Index 
3. Current iron set?  PXG 0311ST (milled)
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons?  I have been doing a lot of research on these irons.  They are very attractive and unique in the marketplace.  I have enjoyed the online reviews by the various fitters and testers that have tested these -- very strong endorsements of what Edel is doing.  The movable weights are cutting edge and will give me the flexibility to dial in each individual iron depending on my impact positions (heel on the short irons, mid-face on the mid and long irons).  I especially like the reduce offset of these irons.  Chomping at the bit to be a tester.   Please pick me.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes, I would provide great details based on my experience.  I have ready access to Trackman and can post all the data from moving the weights around, as well as on the course performance.  I like to go head to head with my current games in providing reviews.   

1. City, State?

Grand Rapids, MI

2. Handicap?

3. Current iron set?

PXG 0211DC

I've always been interested in Edel's unique technologies (putters specifically) and I'm interested to see how these irons performs with adjustable weights.  

Absolutely!

1. City, State? Hastings, MI

2. Handicap? 18
3. Current iron set? Mizuno 225 i/o 6.0 shafts
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? i've had a long time interest in Edel irons and products but I have no availability locally to see or try them. On shorter clubs I tend to strike more heel side and longer irons a bit more toe side so the movable weight tech would allow adjusting the heaviest weight to where I tend to strike the ball on each club.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

How To Apply
1. City, State? San Diego, CA

2. Handicap? 10.4
3. Current iron set? Srixon 785
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Looking for a new set of irons and have not been impressed with any of the other current offerings. The mix of looks and technology in the Edel's is very appealing. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

1. City, State? Flemington NJ

2. Handicap? 0
3. Current iron set? Mizuno Pro 223/221
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? I use to have the wedges and switching out the weight to the toe really helped me hit my wedges straight without a draw.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

. City, State. Altamonte Springs Florida 

2. Handicap? 16
3. Current iron set? Callaway X series 
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Have been looking to upgrade irons, and hollow body design is what I have been looking at. Adjustable weight system is intriguing as well.
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

1. City, State? Northern NV

2. Handicap? 1.4 
3. Current iron set? Srixon ZX7 and Z-Forged
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Coming from an engineering background, I love to tinker, and understand the methods behind the madness. These irons with their adjustable perimeter weighting system seem like they would be a great place to take a deep dive into the numbers and effects of moving the weight around. I would hope to get time on the course with them, and launch monitor time to provide real data sets. 
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? I would very much enjoy documenting my process of club testing and experimentation with the weighting system, hopefully on course and with monitor numbers to provide real data sets as well as anecdotes. 

1. Owensboro, KY

2. 3.3

3. Srixon 785 TIx100

4. I love my irons, as they were what I was fitted into back in 2018. I played my previous set of Ben Hogans, for 14 years before switching. Once I find what I like, I stick with it. I’m so intrigued with the weights in these irons. As I tend to hit my long irons 4-5, with a slight fade, my 6-9 with a baby draw, and PW-wedges straightish. Would love to play with these irons to see if I could possibly dial them into the ball flight I want throughout the set. 

5. ABSOLUTELY!

[b] Cally Rogue SZ [/b]9* Diamana Ilima 60x
[b] TM m2 HL - proforce v2 96gx
[b] Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro 3-pw TI S400
[b] Callaway MD3 52/10 TI S400 Callaway MD3 58/10 PM grind TI S400
[b] TM Spider Tour CS
Ball of the week

1. City, State? Kalispell, MT

2. Handicap? +0.8
3. Current iron set? P7TW w/ Project X 6.5
4. Why do you want to test Edel's SMS irons? Edel has made some incredible products and I've only been really able to test the wedges out before and they were awesome! I currently use a little bit of lead tape on the toe of a few of my irons and would love for that not be a problem any longer and they look incredible!
5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

Taylormade SIM 9 // Diamana DF 60 TX
Ping G425 Max 14.5 // Tour AD DI 8x
Taylormade SIM DHY 3 // Diamana thump 100x

Taylormade P7TW 4-PW //  Project X 6.5
Callaway Jaws Raw 52, 56, 60
Mizuno M-Craft 2 Putter