Ping G430 Woods/Hybrids

39 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

It seems like a G425 with a different color. Not much different than what you have in your bag.

By ping standards of the last decade the G425 is the nicest looking line of woods theyve ever made. Too bad theyre on the higher spin side, the fairways have such shallow faces, and the driver sounds like a hollow beer can - else I'm sure more people would give them a more serious look.

• Like 2

Rogue ST MaxTC 9.2° + GP 6 / 🦄 MAVRIK MaxTC 14.7°@15.7 + GP 7 / Apex21TC 19°@19.6 + HY 85 / P790 21° + LIN-Q 100 / P770 + DG 105 / MD5 Forged / Las VegasTC H3 + All In

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I have zero factual information.  What I'm about to say is pure conjecture.  With Ping always maintaining that carbon actually has a net negative weight advantage due to the shelves and glue I wonder if that is why no carbon on the Max?  The 425LST has actually morphed into the game improvement realm for MOI. You would think Ping could use carbon on the LST and afford to give up some MOI and it still be a great driver. It might not be possible for the Max to be a 5600+ MOI with carbon? 

Then again Ping may have done it for cost savings?  Who knows. Guess we will find out in the next couple of months. 

Possibly. Or just do carbon because in the lst purely for sound as it's the "better player" option. Time will tell.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:53 AM, Red4282 said:

Let the hype train begin…. train GIF

Between this and what Im hearing about Callaways new driver…. 😩 

Im happy with my current driver

Has there been a thread started on new Callaway news? On topic though, interested like everyone else to see how the new LST stacks up to previous models. Some have complained of high spinning 425 heads for an LST, but works just fine with the right shaft. 

• Ping 425LST 8* TPO 1K 70TX
  • Ping 425 Max 13* CK Orange 80TX
  • Ping 425 2HY 17* Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
  • TaylorMade Combo, 1U/1S, PX LS 6.5 +.25"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.09S, SM8 60.04L
  • Taylormade Spider X Face Balanced

1 minute ago, 70sinsight said:

Has there been a thread started on new Callaway news? On topic though, interested like everyone else to see how the new LST stacks up to previous models. Some have complained of high spinning 425 heads for an LST, but works just fine with the right shaft. 

Not that im aware of

has the Alta shaft changed at all besides the colourway?

Ping G400 Max / Speeder 661 Evo IV 
Sim Ti 3 / HZRDUS Blue 75
Cobra Radspeed 5 / HZRDUS Blue 75
Oven Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 / Modus3 105
Ping I210 5-U / Modus3 105
Vokey SM8 54D / Modus3 125

Vokey SM8 58 LBK / Modus3 125

Nike Origin Naked B2-01

40 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Not that im aware of

Gotcha. Was wondering if there was something in the forum to match up in terms of what you've been hearing

• Ping 425LST 8* TPO 1K 70TX
  • Ping 425 Max 13* CK Orange 80TX
  • Ping 425 2HY 17* Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
  • TaylorMade Combo, 1U/1S, PX LS 6.5 +.25"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.09S, SM8 60.04L
  • Taylormade Spider X Face Balanced

56 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Gotcha. Was wondering if there was something in the forum to match up in terms of what you've been hearing

Ironically my train gif is kinda related. Johnny Wunder when asked about it said “im so excited for everyone to see them, they went off the rails in the best possible way”. Take that for whatever its worth 🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, hartman29 said:

Any pics of the fairways?

The one that says "3 15"

• Haha 3

410LST 9º, 3w 14.5º, 3h 18º, i210 4i, Blueprint 5-P, Glide Forged 50/54/58. Ping Tour X, Tensei Blue, and MMT105TX shafts. 2021 Fetch w/ BGT Tour Black. i230s on their way.

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."

23 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

I think those pics are not what we will see. I am very excited for this release. Show us the real pics!

I agree. These pics are very unimpressive and there is no way Ping would allow spy pics this bad to leak so soon before a release. I tend to think Golfwrx would take these down if they were legit. 

58 minutes ago, Byrdman2230 said:

I agree. These pics are very unimpressive and there is no way Ping would allow spy pics this bad to leak so soon before a release. I tend to think Golfwrx would take these down if they were legit. 

Would be pretty crazy that these fakes would have Ping this upset13893879-9565-4F30-AA08-631B130915C1.png.baa8ad2f15b96833acfb05dc1cad404e.png

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, mrmikeac said:

Would be pretty crazy that these fakes would have Ping this upset13893879-9565-4F30-AA08-631B130915C1.png.baa8ad2f15b96833acfb05dc1cad404e.png

I could be completely wrong, but I just don’t see any way Ping allows these pics if indeed this is the G430. Golfwrx honors embargo’s and takes pics down that are not supposed to be on this site, yet this terrible quality image is still posted here days later when you’re supposedly about to get someone in big trouble for posting it on a no name IG account. It all just seems suspect. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

By ping standards of the last decade the G425 is the nicest looking line of woods theyve ever made. Too bad theyre on the higher spin side, the fairways have such shallow faces, and the driver sounds like a hollow beer can - else I'm sure more people would give them a more serious look.

I thought the G425 line of Drivers and woods were one of the best selling they've put out. People not buying them?

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5

Callaway B21 3&7 wood

Ping G400 5,6 Hybrid

Honma TW-X 6-11, Vizard 85R

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping PLD Anser

57 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

I thought the G425 line of Drivers and woods were one of the best selling they've put out. People not buying them?

I'm not sure about best selling compared to the G400 initial line but definitely up there. I was just saying that they could have sold that many more if those issues were addressed.

• Like 1

Rogue ST MaxTC 9.2° + GP 6 / 🦄 MAVRIK MaxTC 14.7°@15.7 + GP 7 / Apex21TC 19°@19.6 + HY 85 / P790 21° + LIN-Q 100 / P770 + DG 105 / MD5 Forged / Las VegasTC H3 + All In

42 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I'm not sure about best selling compared to the G400 initial line but definitely up there. I was just saying that they could have sold that many more if those issues were addressed.

Totally agree

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5

Callaway B21 3&7 wood

Ping G400 5,6 Hybrid

Honma TW-X 6-11, Vizard 85R

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping PLD Anser

I usually buy all my stuff from the same guy who owns a golf store and course and he said that he has sold 1200 g425 drivers so yeah they are one of the best selling drivers.  Now I don't know if that beats, exceeds or falls behind the g400 but I would say that is pretty darn good for one store to sell that many!!!

3 hours ago, RodrigoNicely said:

Also fyi something that hasn’t been talked about is the return of a titanium fairway and cost will be almost as much as driver. It’s solid though and I’m sure will find a spot in my bag lol

On those released photos I didn't see any "ti" markings, but thats a good point to keep in mind for sure.  Sounds like I'm about due for the purge of all the stuff sitting around the house to order day one...

• Like 1
LTDx LS 9* - SIM2 15* - SIM2 19* - G425 5i - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62* - F22

• pga43 locked this topic