2022 AmazingCre Portland Classic (Sep 15 - 18)

Argonne69

38 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

I have come to a conclusion with a lot of golfers, for whatever reason they tend to believe the more expensive your clothing is the the better you'll play, or at least you'll look like a good golfer while your meandering through the woods looking for that $5 Pro V you pulled left sliced right for the 3rd hole in a row.

FYP

57 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

I have come to a conclusion with a lot of golfers, for whatever reason they tend to believe the more expensive your clothing is the the better you'll play, or at least you'll look like a good golfer while your meandering through the woods looking for that $5 Pro V you pulled left for the 3rd hole in a row.

My favourite is the ProV1 that only sees one swing!  There's AAA grade used balls for a reason!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Why are you playing the blame game with caddies. Does the player not hit the shots, hit the putts. Was it Michael Grellers fault for Jordan's years of terrible play? How about Rickie, his caddies fault too I suppose.

Further on this subject, how about that bag Drew Ernst picked up when his sister went on the injured list? He's probably being a good brother by encouraging Austin to take a few more weeks off!

Sad Mental Health GIF by YouTube

Huge congrats to Andrea Lee; she's been trending toward this for awhile. Having thoughts of Solheim dance through her head!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

What a year for Andrea. We've seen so many top amateur/college players struggle on tour, but she looked like a seasoned pro out there. Yeah, I had a tear in my eye watching her post-round interview. 

11 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

When Andrea spoke about her grandfather, you weren't alone with that tear in your eye.

https://www.lpga.com/videos/2022/andrea-lee-final-round-interview-2022-amazingcre-portland-classic

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

I have come to a conclusion with a lot of golfers, for whatever reason they tend to believe the more expensive your clothing is the the better you'll play, or at least you'll look like a good golfer while your meandering through the woods looking for that $5 Pro V you pulled left for the 3rd hole in a row.

I love it when hackers are walking around in the latest golf gear.

Hat, sunnies, golf polo, golf pants/shorts, golf shoes - all matching plus using the latest clubs especially blades with a matching bag and umbrella.

Fail The Simpsons GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iBanesto said:

B. Padanganan was out there celebrating Andrea's win.

Wasn't that Yealimi as well?  Na Rin, Hye-Jin, and even Hannah got in on the celebration.

I wish I could emulate Andrea's swing - mainly her tempo.  However, did anyone notice her iron practice swings and how close she is to her ball?  If I try that, I'll end up pulling a Zach Johnson.

• Like 1

Paradym Ai Smoke TD 10.5* (@ 9.5*) / Ventus Blue TR 6S

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Paradym 5W 18* / GD Tour AD HD 7X

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Callaway '21 Apex Pro 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 125X

Callaway JAWS 52*/56*/60* / KBS $-Taper 130 "8i Spinner"

Argolf Pendragon XL (Broomstick)

Snell MTB Black

13 minutes ago, imkirby34 said:

Wasn't that Yealimi as well?  Na Rin, Hye-Jin, and even Hannah got in on the celebration.

I wish I could emulate Andrea's swing - mainly her tempo.  However, did anyone notice her iron practice swings and how close she is to her ball?  If I try that, I'll end up pulling a Zach Johnson.

I couldn't tell who the 2nd girl was in the photo.

Andrea Lee's flight is so straight! Such an easy swing.

2 hours ago, iBanesto said:

B. Padanganan was out there celebrating Andrea's win.

fellow-golfers-spray-andrea-lee-with-cha

41 minutes ago, imkirby34 said:

27 minutes ago, iBanesto said:

I couldn't tell who the 2nd girl was in the photo.

I'm guessing that's good buddy Yealimi with Andrea and Bianca?

timestamp ~7m27s in this LPGA highlights video

fellow-golfers-spray-andrea-lee-with-cha

Yealimi Noh & Andrea Lee : r/LadiesOfLPGA

Yealimi Noh, Nasa Hataoka, Andrea Lee & Ayaka Furue : r ...

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

Former Stanford star Andrea Lee lost her card last year, and then clawed her way back to win on the LPGA in Portland

Beth Ann Nichols

September 18, 2022

Andrea Lee’s very fine drive on the 17th hole came to rest in a divot. There’s never a good time to find a divot, but this was an especially terrible time, given that Lee was vying for her first LPGA title on the 71st hole of the AmazingCre Portland Classic.

She tugged her 6-iron to the left and ultimately got up-and-down with a beautiful bunker shot, as if the divot never happened.

The former No. 1-ranked amateur lost her tour card last season and played on the Epson Tour earlier this year. Rock bottom came last April when she felt so lost on the golf course that she wanted to withdraw and go home. She didn’t, of course, because Lee is a fighter. And that bad luck divot wasn’t going to stop her either.

“It’s more than anything I could have imagined,” said Lee of her one-stroke victory in Portland. “I cannot believe it.”

An unforgettable moment 🏆

The winning putt to seal @andrea_lee54's first Tour win at the @PortlandClassic! pic.twitter.com/TEUKqi56a6

— LPGA (@LPGA) September 18, 2022

Lee came into the final round with a share of the lead, but a pair of bogeys on Nos. 2 and 3 got her off to a sluggish start. She rebounded with three consecutive birdies on Nos. 5-7, and the former Stanford star joined a long list of players who had a chance late in the day at Columbia Edgewater.

Lee, a nine-time winner at Stanford, closed with a 6-under 66 to finish at 19 under and edge former Miami player Daniela Darquea by one stroke. Darquea came into the week 108th on the CME points list with only four starts on the LPGA this season, including the U.S. Women’s Open and Dow team event. She’d played most of the season on the Epson Tour, but made the most of her time in Portland, birdieing the last three holes to finish second.

Similarly, Esther Henseleit revitalized her season with a share of third. The German player came into the week 103rd on the CME list. The top 100 keep their card for the 2023 season.

Like Lee, UCLA’s Lilia Vu won a bunch in the Pac-12 and spent time as the top-ranked amateur in the world. Both are on the short list as rookie for next year’s U.S. Solheim Cup team. Vu joined Henseleit in a share of third with Narin An, Hannah Green and Ayake Furue.

“Andrea played amazing,” said Vu. “She literally hits every single shot like a foot, and I just knew like playing today, I’m playing with like the straightest hitters, and, me, I’m struggling all week to find a fairway.”

Sweden’s Maja Stark made her debut as an LPGA member this week and finished solo eighth. The Ladies European Tour star won the ISPS Handa World Invitational to earn LPGA membership. Stark was less than satisfied with her closing 66.

“My driver was kind of everywhere,” said Stark. “Pulled mostly left, but and then my irons weren’t very good and my wedges have been terrible all week.

“So I’m just happy that I managed to go under par to be honest.”

GettyImages-1425031699.jpg

Andrea Lee poses with the trophy and her father James Lee after winning the 2022 AmazingCre Portland Classic at Columbia Edgewater Country Club in Portland, Oregon. (Photo: Steve Dykes/Getty Images)

Lee broke down in tears during her post-round interview with the Golf Channel as she dedicated the victory to her late grandfather, who died last November. He always called her a champion.

“My grandpa loved golf,” said Lee. “I’m kind of sad that I didn’t get to play more rounds of golf with him or just go to the range together, but we were close and he helped us out a lot when we were in tough times during junior golf. It’s a very expensive sport and he was a huge supporter and he was my No. 1 fan besides my mom and dad.”

She was also emotional about the loss of her dog, Toki, who died earlier this year and would’ve turned 14 yesterday.

Lee melted even more in the arms of her father, who told her he was proud.

My dad is not a man of many words,” said Lee, “so it was just a nice moment to have with him.”

Her next big goal: win a major.

Andrea's father during 2019 QSeries (yes he was there every hole): "I don't want to have to go through this anymore" ... He's indeed not a man of many words but he said that (I paraphrase).   Can't imagine what he went through in 2021 QSeries... but all is well for him now I'm sure 👏

• Like 1

Congratulations to Andrea Lee, also congratulations to my good friend Paula Reto T10...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

On 9/19/2022 at 2:45 AM, Argonne69 said:

Hmmm. I found that the more expensive the shirt/jacket, the more likely you'll snag it on a thorny bush as you wade through the deep jungle looking for the Pro V.

Also, by all means keep using the new Pro V1s. I haven't bought a golf ball in years thanks to the generous donations from local hacks. Lol. I probably have 200 in my Honda. (Yes, 90% of those are Pro V1s). 

spacer.png

I figure that you also have a water golf ball retriever. Hope you don't spend half of your time looking for free balls like some people I have played with.

33 minutes ago, khalespace said:

I figure that you also have a water golf ball retriever. Hope you don't spend half of your time looking for free balls like some people I have played with.

Lol. Yes, I have a long retriever. I'm known to kill time when I'm forced to play slow rounds behind clueless hacks. I can get around in 2:30 on a good day, so a 4+ hour round provides plenty of opportunities for discoveries. Actually, I find most of the balls while helping my playing partners search for their errant shots. 

• Haha 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

On 9/19/2022 at 7:45 PM, Argonne69 said:

Hmmm. I found that the more expensive the shirt/jacket, the more likely you'll snag it on a thorny bush as you wade through the deep jungle looking for the Pro V.

Also, by all means keep using the new Pro V1s. I haven't bought a golf ball in years thanks to the generous donations from local hacks. Lol. I probably have 200 in my Honda. (Yes, 90% of those are Pro V1s). 

spacer.png

Hmm, that's a lot of golf balls in one place, I trust that this doesn't resonate:

A young couple gets married, and the groom asks his bride if he can have a dresser drawer of his own that she will never open. The bride agrees. After 30 years of marriage, she notices that his drawer has been left open. She peeks inside and sees 3 golf balls and $1, 000.

She confronts her husband and asks for an explanation. He explains "Every time I was unfaithful to you, I put a golf ball in the drawer." She figures 3 times in 30 years isn't bad and asks "But what about the $1, 000?" He replied "Whenever I got a dozen golf balls, I sold them"

• Haha 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

Hmm, that's a lot of golf balls in one place, I trust that this doesn't resonate:

A young couple gets married, and the groom asks his bride if he can have a dresser drawer of his own that she will never open. The bride agrees. After 30 years of marriage, she notices that his drawer has been left open. She peeks inside and sees 3 golf balls and $1, 000.

She confronts her husband and asks for an explanation. He explains "Every time I was unfaithful to you, I put a golf ball in the drawer." She figures 3 times in 30 years isn't bad and asks "But what about the $1, 000?" He replied "Whenever I got a dozen golf balls, I sold them"

Lol. Collecting is certainly a disease. I have a collecting bug across many hobbies. I probably average one lost ball every four rounds. I find an average of three balls a round. I've stopped keeping anything that isn't a premium ball. If it isn't a Pro V1, TP5, Z-Star, or Chrome Soft, I leave it behind for someone else to claim. I'll keep an occasional Callaway Supersoft for sub-50 degree days because they're marshmallow soft. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

On 9/19/2022 at 5:45 AM, Argonne69 said:

spacer.png

Any more balls or shoes and you're gonna need to upgrade the shocks in that little fella.

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2022 at 12:27 AM, Argonne69 said:

Lol. Yes, I have a long retriever. I'm known to kill time when I'm forced to play slow rounds behind clueless hacks. I can get around in 2:30 on a good day, so a 4+ hour round provides plenty of opportunities for discoveries. Actually, I find most of the balls while helping my playing partners search for their errant shots. 

image.jpeg.3aecd13ab5f96a1d460c990aad1838b8.jpeg

• Haha 3