2022 Walmart NW Arkansas Championship (Sep 23 - 25)

Argonne69

Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points

Format: 54 holes

Purse: $2,300,000

Par: 71

Yardage: 6,438 yds

History: This is the 16th year for the event. In 2021, Nasa Hataoka shot a final round 67 to win by one shot for her 2nd win of the season.

Coverage:

September 23: NBC Sports App Stream 11:30 am - 2:30 pm (EDT)

September 23: The Golf Channel 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm (EDT)

September 24: The Golf Channel 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (EDT)

September 25: The Golf Channel 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (EDT)

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

18 hours ago, 18majors said:

Go Su Oh!  Go Muni He!

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points

Format: 54 holes

Purse: $2,300,000

Par: 71

Yardage: 6,438 yds

History: This is the 16th year for the event. In 2021, Nasa Hataoka shot a final round 67 to win by one shot for her 2nd win of the season.

Coverage:

September 23: NBC Sports App Stream 11:30 am - 2:30 pm (EDT)

September 23: The Golf Channel 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm (EDT)

September 24: The Golf Channel 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (EDT)

September 25: The Golf Channel 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (EDT)

@18majors Looks like a stronger field/ more demand for places, vs previous week?

Even the Monday Q's = more entrants this week & some of them played in the main tournament last week (presumably this = a function of being near the tail-end of the season & folks scrambling to get enough points to keep their card for next season?

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/walmartnwarkansaschampionshippresentedbypg/tournament-entries 

Monday Q's: https://qs.lpga.com/reports/?tourn=NWRQ&report=https://preq.lpga.com/tic/tmresult.cgi?tourn=NWRQ~season=2022~result=PF~ 

https://seoulsisters.freeforums.net/thread/3247/2022-walmart-arkansas-championship-presented

image.png.9b45b4bfcd29150617ea77006b1d5d8c.png

2 hours ago, Supermilo said:

Just short it! more direct approach... 😁  (Passive Aggressive puts are very Canadian 🤣)

Lol. Nah, if it actually increases in value the option expires worthless, but you make money on the stock. Shorting is fine if you believe there's no way its going up. 

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

8 minutes ago, Orange Hog said:

Super excited about this week's event since this is right in my backyard.  I've played the course a ton of times and have played in the pro am 3 times previously.  There's nothing super complex about the track.  Players can attack just about every hole so I'd expect there to be some low scores like we've seen in past years.  Plus the weather forecast looks amazing so it should be a great weekend!

One complaint about the event is I've never understood why it's only a 54 hole tournament when the purse is one of the largest on the schedule.  I'd love to see them extend it to a 72-hole event.

I am excited to see the Korda sisters make it to NW Arkansas.  Very excited to see them (especially Nelly) in person this weekend.

It's 54 holes because there's two days of pro ams. It's a very popular event with the locals, and they donate generously to the local charities. 

I stopped at the course in late 2019 on my drive from Chicago to Phoenix. I told the security guard at the front gate that I was a huge fan of the LPGA, and wanted to drive into the housing development and take a photo of the 18th hole. He scowled at me, and turned me away. Pfffttt. Lol. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

It's 54 holes because there's two days of pro ams. It's a very popular event with the locals, and they donate generously to the local charities. 

I stopped at the course in late 2019 on my drive from Chicago to Phoenix. I told the security guard at the front gate that I was a huge fan of the LPGA, and wanted to drive into the housing development and take a photo of the 18th hole. He scowled at me, and turned me away. Pfffttt. Lol. 

Totally understand the 2 days of pro ams.  Like I said, I've played in 3 of them and they're a blast.  The work they do on local charities with the event is fantastic, as well.  The playing time on the course always feels a bit compressed with it being 54 holes vs 72 but, again, I get it with everything they have jammed into the week.

Pinnacle is pretty cautious with who they allow in there if you don't have a tee time with a member or a guest pass.  My old boss used to live there and he had to give me a special guest pass to use whenever I came over.  I will say that you aren't really missing anything by not getting a picture of the 18th hole.  The course itself is beautiful but not really what I'd call iconic by any means.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Orange Hog said:

Totally understand the 2 days of pro ams.  Like I said, I've played in 3 of them and they're a blast.  The work they do on local charities with the event is fantastic, as well.  The playing time on the course always feels a bit compressed with it being 54 holes vs 72 but, again, I get it with everything they have jammed into the week.

Pinnacle is pretty cautious with who they allow in there if you don't have a tee time with a member or a guest pass.  My old boss used to live there and he had to give me a special guest pass to use whenever I came over.  I will say that you aren't really missing anything by not getting a picture of the 18th hole.  The course itself is beautiful but not really what I'd call iconic by any means.

I attended last year for the first time and the most memorable thing about the course were some of the homes that lined the course, truly impressive. The 18th is just super long but agreed nothing too iconic about the course in general. Perhaps the 15th and 16th hole with the elevated tee box and island green are as close to iconic as the course gets.

This is however a first rate event. I really enjoyed it and Walmart and partners do so much to make is spectator friendly. From fairly priced concessions and tickets, free sunscreen, free bottled water, the 17th hole and the charitable aspect,  among other community involvement, I wish more events on the LPGA tour focused on making it an “ golf experience” rather than just a golf tournament. Not saying every event needs to be the WM Open in Phoenix which to me is a little too much but everyone should be able to have a good time. 

Many events have tried to go in this direction but how many events now have a women or girls leadership summit and call it a day as far as additional experiences? 

Dallas is about 40 minutes closer so that’s where I plan to attend this year but all things equal, this is a better event. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fredogolfer said:

I attended last year for the first time and the most memorable thing about the course were some of the homes that lined the course, truly impressive. The 18th is just super long but agreed nothing too iconic about the course in general. Perhaps the 15th and 16th hole with the elevated tee box and island green are as close to iconic as the course gets.

This is however a first rate event. I really enjoyed it and Walmart and partners do so much to make is spectator friendly. From fairly priced concessions and tickets, free sunscreen, free bottled water, the 17th hole and the charitable aspect,  among other community involvement, I wish more events on the LPGA tour focused on making it an “ golf experience” rather than just a golf tournament. Not saying every event needs to be the WM Open in Phoenix which to me is a little too much but everyone should be able to have a good time. 

Many events have tried to go in this direction but how many events now have a women or girls leadership summit and call it a day as far as additional experiences? 

Dallas is about 40 minutes closer so that’s where I plan to attend this year but all things equal, this is a better event. 

Totally agreed on all fronts.  We (my wife and kiddos) always run in the 5K they have the weekend before the tournament to support the local charities and we get free tickets that way.  My kiddos love attending the event because they always have a ton of stuff to do for them.  It definitely has a WM Phoenix Open vibe but with a family friendly swagger to it, which I love.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, khalespace said:

Putting $10 on Lilia Vu (33:1) to make it through after Andrea Lee. 

Like that play a lot.

I'm going with a return to the winner's circle for Sei Young Kim as she makes a zillion birdies to win a shootout.  Kupcho for the silver and Celine Boutier for bronze.

• Like 2

Quite the birdie blitz. Twenty under for three rounds looks like the target score. It's been a while since we saw Yuka at the top of the leaderboard. 

• Like 2

Another BS penalty, this time against Nelly. Upon close inspection, looked to me like she seated the putter then took the stroke, albeit with a non-traditional stance. Hopefully this is being overturned as I write this but if not, she got Lexi'd IMO. Her initial movement behind the ball had no "intent" whatsoever. She was definitely fighting it in the scoring tent. Lydia was in on the convo, too, but I couldn't tell what she was saying.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, MagicClassic407 said:

Another BS penalty, this time against Nelly. Upon close inspection, looked to me like she seated the putter then took the stroke, albeit with a non-traditional stance. Hopefully this is being overturned as I write this but if not, she got Lexi'd IMO. Her initial movement behind the ball had no "intent" whatsoever. She was definitely fighting it in the scoring tent. Lydia was in on the convo, too, but I couldn't tell what she was saying.

Just saw this on replay. I think she stabbed at the ball with intent and missed it and it should have been a double bogey. Evidently they ruled otherwise. 

12 hours ago, North Texas said:

Just saw this on replay. I think she stabbed at the ball with intent and missed it and it should have been a double bogey. Evidently they ruled otherwise. 

I was watching when Nellie made that putt & immediately thought there was something wrong about it & I wouldn't have been surprised that might be revisited by the officials.  In the scorers tent Nellie was told about the penalty the officials thought was warranted.  They ruled it a penalty, then a little later they changed their minds & did not penalize her.  She was careless when she made that stroke & got lucky. I think some would've given her a penalty stroke.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, North Texas said:

What hole did this happen?

Update:  Just watched it.. 17th hole..  Seemed so innocent..

Edited by 8602081