Anyone play ventus black 10TX?

lowlofted

I'm assuming you'll be competing in the World long drive championship next week?

I've had the Black 10TX in a 2 iron, even that was bordering on overly stiff.

What shaft are you currently using and what's wrong with it?

Edited by Trippels
  • Like 2

Driver: Mizuno STG; Ventus TR black 7X

Irons: Mizuno pro 225/221 2-5#/6-9# ; Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: Mizuno T22 46S/50S/54D/58C ; KBS $ Taper X

Putter: Mizuno MP-A306; Mitsubishi MMT

Grips: The Grip Master roo midsize

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

I can get into the low to mid 140's for club speed with driver. I did actually compete in my first amateur long drive tournament last year at the national championship and qualified day before and made it to last day which in turn I qualified for worlds but didn't have the time to go to Chicago. so I can't swing "normal" stuff so to speak lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lowlofted said:

I can get into the low to mid 140's for club speed with driver. I did actually compete in my first amateur long drive tournament last year at the national championship and qualified day before and made it to last day which in turn I qualified for worlds but didn't have the time to go to Chicago. so I can't swing "normal" stuff so to speak lol.

Very fast, but still a bit slower than guys like Bryson and Drew Copper. Both of them have similarly lofted  "3 woods" but the shafts in their woods are not anywhere near as heavy as a ventus black 10tx, probably not as stiff either. So I'd say it's unlikely to be ideal.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lowlofted said:

Looking for essentially 2x stiff 3 wood shaft. From what I read the ventus black 10tx kind of first that bill. Got a new pxg  turned down to 11.5 degrees and need a stiffer shaft. Anyone use this shaft or something comparable?

so someone here does. I think his handle is ChipNStrokes maybe

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

3W: Rogue ST LS 16.5 '22 Tensei AV Blue 75x

3H: Sub70 939X UST Proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: 2021 Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

13 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

so someone here does. I think his handle is ChipNStrokes maybe

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lowlofted said:

I see. I have Ventus Black 9TX in a 2 DI and wish I should help you here but... well... not sure I'm qualified haha

Curious which telephone poles you swing in your irons

Edited by PNW

I have a Black HB 9TX in my 2 hybrid and it's money.  I've had the hardest time finding a shaft that's anti-left and low enough launch and spin for my hybrid and after a ton of testing, the Ventus Black HB is it.  Had a 7X in my driver and it was very consistent, numbers wise on Trackman.  Not a big fan on how the Ventus Black line feels, but results and numbers don't lie. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM Stealth Plus+ 9* - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB - KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura - KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

22 hours ago, Trippels said:

Very fast, but still a bit slower than guys like Bryson and Drew Copper. Both of them have similarly lofted  "3 woods" but the shafts in their woods are not anywhere near as heavy as a ventus black 10tx, probably not as stiff either. So I'd say it's unlikely to be ideal.

Not familiar with the Drew guy but I do follow DeChambeau a good bit. Not sure if Bryson is actually "faster" than me. I hit 145 last year on GC quad without being pumped up. By that I mean like when I got on the stage at long drive your adrenaline is really pumping and I bet I was 2-3 mph faster on average. Again that is speculative. Not worried about the weight as I like heavy shafts. I play the dynamic gold x7's in all my irons from gap wedge up to my 2 iron, and I like them alot. Most of my driver shafts are 3x so I felt like a heavier stiffer shaft would suite my 3 wood nicely. I also will tend to hook balls so a "whippy" shaft in my opinion makes it much more challenging. Also the point of the 3 wood is to be more of an off the tee box club along with my 2 iron. I don't see myself needing my 3 wood much if ever from the fairway unless I totally botched my drive into very long par 5. 

1 hour ago, lowlofted said:

Not familiar with the Drew guy but I do follow DeChambeau a good bit. Not sure if Bryson is actually "faster" than me. I hit 145 last year on GC quad without being pumped up. By that I mean like when I got on the stage at long drive your adrenaline is really pumping and I bet I was 2-3 mph faster on average. Again that is speculative. Not worried about the weight as I like heavy shafts. I play the dynamic gold x7's in all my irons from gap wedge up to my 2 iron, and I like them alot. Most of my driver shafts are 3x so I felt like a heavier stiffer shaft would suite my 3 wood nicely. I also will tend to hook balls so a "whippy" shaft in my opinion makes it much more challenging. Also the point of the 3 wood is to be more of an off the tee box club along with my 2 iron. I don't see myself needing my 3 wood much if ever from the fairway unless I totally botched my drive into very long par 5. 

Bryson's ball speed record is over 221, if you're faster than that you might have a shot at some freebie shafts from someone like Paderson, at least worth asking if they'd like to sponsor your long drive efforts.

Here's the Drew guy's WITB.

1 minute ago, Trippels said:

Bryson's ball speed record is over 221, if you're faster than that you might have a shot at some freebie shafts from someone like Paderson, at least worth asking if they'd like to sponsor your long drive efforts.

Here's the Drew guy's WITB.

Did my research earlier. The guy has a fantastic swing. I still want to get a paderson shaft at some point. I almost pulled the trigger on one but wanted to call the company first to see which one would be best. I wouldn't want a sponsor to be honest though. Recently just built a new Krank 4 degree driver with a house of forged maximus shaft in 3x. I'm also not pursuing a long drive career at all. I did it for fun and for my dad that passed away the year prior. He wanted me to try it before last year but the last chance qualifier in Myrtle Beach always coincided with the start of Deer season haha. But after he passed I decided to go qualify and luckily compete. It was a fun experience and I probably would have done a lot better had I not been hitting a push in the last day. If you aren't used to being on the stage then it can get your adrenaline going for sure. I may try it again at some point but for now I just like to hit long drives occasionally on the course.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lowlofted said:

https://fb.watch/fIz2T5FYWS/

Not sure if this video link works but this is me last year around the amateur long drive competition. Think best one went like 380 on the monitor that morning. Don't kill me on my swing, I know it isn't so pretty to look at. Ex college baseball player who kinda learned my own swing by myself so I got plenty to work on lol.

I give you a lot of credit for posting your swing. And it didnt sound like a humblebrag either. There are a lot of people that talk out of their a** here, so a lot of people don't believe it when there is a claim of 140+ mph CHS. NoBoDY But BrySioN CAn SwING thAt FaSt. There are a lot of good athletes out there, period.

From a tech perspective, I think a Ventus Black 9 or 10 TX would fit the bill here, even though I've never seen someone actually use one in a wood 😆

I think there are some Atmos black 8 or 9 TX shafts out there, but pretty rare

I swing in the low 130's and my back hurts even thinking about hitting one of these shafts in a 3 wood hahaaaa

Love to hear an update on this when you put one together, just for my own curiosity. 

Edited by MagicMan79
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MagicMan79 said:

I give you a lot of credit for posting your swing. And it didnt sound like a humblebrag either. There are a lot of people that talk out of their a** here, so a lot of people don't believe it when there is a claim of 140+ mph CHS. NoBoDY But BrySioN CAn SwING thAt FaSt. There are a lot of good athletes out there, period.

From a tech perspective, I think a Ventus Black 9 or 10 TX would fit the bill here, even though I've never seen someone actually use one in a wood 😆

I think there are some Atmos black 8 or 9 TX shafts out there, but pretty rare

I swing in the low 130's and my back hurts even thinking about hitting one of these shafts in a 3 wood hahaaaa

Love to hear an update on this when you put one together, just for my own curiosity. 

I get the backlash as I'm new to forum claiming a high swing speed. That is literally the only video of me swinging a club. The owner of the shop let me use the monitor for free that morning if he could record some of the swings. He is a great guy and I use him to put together some of my clubs. I will definitely update once I get a chance to try the shaft out. Could be a flop, who knows. 

19 minutes ago, lowlofted said:

https://fb.watch/fIz2T5FYWS/

Not sure if this video link works but this is me last year around the amateur long drive competition. Think best one went like 380 on the monitor that morning. Don't kill me on my swing, I know it isn't so pretty to look at. Ex college baseball player who kinda learned my own swing by myself so I got plenty to work on lol

Crazy/impressive thing is that your swing looks under control with really good balance.  Most guys that swing as hard as you look like they're about to s*** bricks and fall over.

Edited by phizzy30

47 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Crazy/impressive thing is that your swing looks under control with really good balance.  Most guys that swing as hard as you look like they're about to s*** bricks and fall over.

Thank you. I try to stay relatively under control. Honestly I feel like if I started lifting weights again like college and more importantly gained flexibility I could be much faster. 150mph would be cool but a bit unnecessary I believe. 

29 minutes ago, Cwebb said:

I'd say go for it.  A 100-105g fairway wood shaft is well within being "in proportion" to DG X7 iron shafts.  The guy that many idolize around here, used that weight for a long time.

What has worked well as a driver shaft for you?

Honestly they are all long drive oriented shafts. I have a house of forged black diamond in 2x, xphlexxx busa in 2x, aldila voodoo in 2x, fujikura flywire in 3x, and 2 new shafts which are a house of forged maximus 3x and a house of forged KVLR in 3x. Oddly to me the lightest shaft the fujikura flywire feels the most "boardy" to me. In the video was the fujikura flywire with a krank f7 head in 5 degree. I just this week put together a krank fire in 4 degree which is adjustable down to 3 or up to 6 paired with the maximus and the KVLR. I like the maximus so far. Similar to the black diamond but slightly stiffer. As you can see I went down the proverbial rabbit hole with shafts. it's cool to see how each one changes the flights.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:35 PM, Trippels said:

Drew Cooper played a Diamana 90TX in his mini driver. 

I know because I now own it 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Primo1868 said:

That is quite heavy, fair enough. Still a step down from a Ventus black 10TX though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lowlofted said:

Thank you. I try to stay relatively under control. Honestly I feel like if I started lifting weights again like college and more importantly gained flexibility I could be much faster. 150mph would be cool but a bit unnecessary I believe. 

Strength training and increased flexibility will help, but working Type II(fast twitch) fibers will take you to the next level.  Olympic lifts, plyometrics and over speed training with heavy and light sticks. 

Just now, Primo1868 said:

Which Diamana?  There's a bunch of different ones/generations. 

There's nothing wrong with a 100+ gram shaft in a 3 wood. Everybody used to play one when there was only steel available on the market. Not sure why the early posters were making a fuss.

I have a little bit of speed and moving to a heavier shafts or heads has always helped smooth my tempo out. The lighter I go the more erratic things get. I'd vote in favour of the 10TX.

Ya....

I play Ventus Black 10tx in both my hybrids and love em....  very accurate.

I wanted to play in a 3wd but aren't they too short and dont fit?? didnt read thread if discussed

play the Ventus Black 8x in driver but have the 9x and 10x shafts too that I need to experiment with..... just love those shafts

Edited by Barfolomew

I try and like my own posts but can't figure out how...