Thank you JT

buckeyefl

For a bunch of Golfwrx guys that probably don't seriously compete in regional amateur tournaments events, you sure like to hear yourself type how others should behave....  LOL I have more self-control than most, but I no longer compete, so I say nothing.  The reason they won is they know they have to make every putt.  The reason we're here is we don't, and it's not even close.

Remember boys and girls, the President's Cup team was out there carrying the torch for a bigger PGA purpose, they carried it well too, and WON.  Try and get on board with the WIN, instead of criticize in your undies from your bedroom computer. 🤣

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Confused 4
  • Titleist TSR2 10' Velocore Blue TR 6 series S
  • Titleist TSR2 15' Velocore Red 6 series S
  • Titleist T200 2i & 4i  MCA-Tensei AV Blue S
  • Titleist T100s 5i-W MCA-Tensei AV Blue S
  • SM9 F-52/12, MCA-MMT 105 sw
  • SM9 M-58/8, MCA-MMT 105 sw
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX

I tried to type this one out last week, but I couldn’t make it right. 

Since I am full on drunkwrxing right now, I’m going to give it another whirl: 

Since JT dismantled Medinah #3 back in 2019, they have closed the course for two years for renovations to make it harder, and whacked each member with a 34K assessment to JT proof the place.

when a friend of mine told me that, my first thought was, man, I would forward that bill to Justin Thomas as a joke. So, when I read the title of this thread, I thought someone did, ha. 

alright, enough of this jabbering, where is the Johnny black 

Edited by Dr. Block
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

For a bunch of Golfwrx guys that probably don't seriously compete in regional amateur tournaments events, you sure like to hear yourself type how others should behave....  LOL I have more self-control than most, but I no longer compete, so I say nothing.  The reason they won is they know they have to make every putt.  The reason we're here is we don't, and it's not even close.

Remember boys and girls, the President's Cup team was out there carrying the torch for a bigger PGA purpose, they carried it well too, and WON.  Try and get on board with the WIN, instead of criticize in your undies from your bedroom computer. 🤣

Pepper! Hope all good 😊

But “bedroom computer”? 

🤣

That be like early 2000s yo! ; )

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ksmiffi said:

Being given a putt is a privilege and not a right. Expect to putt out and appreciate the moments when the putt is given, but don’t expect it. His ego and sense of entitlement were on full show. 

It's called sportsmanship. Not in the rules but I understand JTs frustration. As a competitor it should tick you off. 

1 hour ago, Richsgbox said:

It's called sportsmanship. Not in the rules but I understand JTs frustration. As a competitor it should tick you off. 

If a competitor cannot understand that concessions are not a right and his ball is under the control of his opponent at that point then he’s playing the wrong game. 

I start off a matchplay game by stating: “ on concessions, mine would be for such short putts that you might as well putt anyway “.

Edited by Pastit

30 minutes ago, Richsgbox said:

I would disagree.  Sportsmanship is wishing the guy good luck, helping him look for his ball.  Giving him a putt just because he thinks it should be given to him is not sportsmanship.

And if that would tick you off, you will get many invites for high stakes match.  

12 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

I would disagree.  Sportsmanship is wishing the guy good luck, helping him look for his ball.  Giving him a putt just because he thinks it should be given to him is not sportsmanship.

And if that would tick you off, you will get many invites for high stakes match.  

For whatever reason i stopped really expecting them. I think it's a better way to go into match play. Just expect to have to putt everything and you'll be happy when you don't. Plus if you're stressing over something i just tell myself "probably not a gimme then, i don't really blame him"

I agree with you, i played in a match a couple of years ago in an interclub against 3 guys, hardly any putts were given but they were genuinely good guys. One of them even stopped me before i committed a rules violation, in a hole i was still active against him on. Now that is good sportsmanship, whether he gave putts or not.

• Like 2

Tour Edge C722 10.5 w/Tensei Raw AV White 75

Tour Edge E722 15 w/Tensei RAW AV White 75

PXG 0311 XP 18 degree iron w/Steelfiber 115

PXG 0317 ST w/TT Elevate Tour

PXG 0311 forged 54/60 w/TT Elevate Tour

Deschamps Slick Satin / Plumbers Neck

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Pepper! Hope all good 😊

But “bedroom computer”? 

🤣

That be like early 2000s yo! ; )

All is good except for the bones are acting up.  Thanks for asking.

OK - so they evolved to the living rm or vehicle on the cell. LOL

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 1
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX

5 hours ago, golfortennis said:

Have to agree on the self-control.  What's it been, 2 days since you mentioned being a CEO?  Can't imagine any of us going that long without bringing it up.

As to the torch, pretty much every international team player plays on the pga tour as well, so, what was the purpose?

Thanks, glad you noticed.  I would bet $$$$ LIV was on the minds of both teams = the purpose.

• SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX

On 9/26/2022 at 1:33 PM, mikewohlwend said:

He also got mad when Si Woo shooshed the crowd after a hole.

Did the PGAT block this? Lol

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

Not arguing concessions. Simply saying I understand JTs displeasure. Emotions are part of any game. Some people here see that and immediately assume it's cause he feels "entitled". 

And there wouldn't be anything wrong being ticked during a high stakes match. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

Taylor-made P790 4-AW

Callaway MD5 JAWS 54*

Callaway MD5 JAWS 58*

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

Vice Pro-Soft balls

20 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

If they know they have to make every putt then why complain about not being conceded a putt?

I don't see why winning is relevant either; it doesn't excuse poor behaviour. Winning and playing with class doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

The level of play is also irrelevant. You see people playing the game with dignity and class at all levels and you see people behaving like idiots at all levels.

Nothing he said was relevant so there's that.

2 hours ago, Richsgbox said:

Not arguing concessions. Simply saying I understand JTs displeasure. Emotions are part of any game. Some people here see that and immediately assume it's cause he feels "entitled". 

And there wouldn't be anything wrong being ticked during a high stakes match. 

Except that it gives your opponent an advantage when you are that weak minded. Be ticked but be silent.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

But you said something. Something pointless but something

They won because they have more talent. It's not even arguable. Their team was deeper. It was like a D1 college team playing an ok high school team. The outcome was predetermined.

Yes they won. They were supposed to win but nothing you said has anything to do with the topic. JT showed he has a serious weakness and it was exploited and HE LOST. It will now be exploited for the rest of his career and he will continue to struggle with it until someone pulls him aside or until he has a CTJ moment.

The point of most of the comments went over your head and it doesn't require having competed or are currently competing  in anything golf related to see that he has a lot of work to do if he really wants to reach his potential.

Oh and you may want to send a note to JT that they have to make every putt. Apparently he didn't know that since its his first match play event.

• Like 1

What makes this issue interesting is JT is such an accomplished player he sometimes behaves as if he deserves a putt to be given when most people watching and those who have commented earlier that "deserves" has nothing to do with it. I am surprised he let his feelings show to the extent that everyone could read what he was thinking. Not good in poker or match play. 

• Like 1

Having a bit of a temper can add fuel to one's inner fire to succeed but it also derail success. 

Learning to control and channel that emotion can be challenging and comes at different times for different folks. Some never find that control.

As for JT, he is now old enough, and has been in the spotlight long enough, to have gained control over himself. No one can do that for him.

I may be qualified to speak on this topic (allegedly). References available upon request. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

JT should definitely post on this thread 

🤣

Cmon JT, we know you readin all this!

Check the rules and etiquette thread, that's where you'll find him 

I think someone named JTshorty93USA posted a thread "played in a match recently and jerk opponent made me putt out several times and I made a face, was I wrong?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tour Edge C722 10.5 w/Tensei Raw AV White 75

Tour Edge E722 15 w/Tensei RAW AV White 75

PXG 0311 XP 18 degree iron w/Steelfiber 115

PXG 0317 ST w/TT Elevate Tour

PXG 0311 forged 54/60 w/TT Elevate Tour

Deschamps Slick Satin / Plumbers Neck