New T100 issue

DM4

I recently purchased a set of T100 with the AMT White s300 in them I love the visual flight and Impact point on these clubs but I have lost a full club in distance from my ZX7 with X100 120, I was trying to go to a softer shaft in a new set of irons due to getting older and not wanting to go after it as hard.

both sets of clubs have identical loft & lie and I use a Pro v1 and the ball off the T100 seems to knuckle but I still get back spin on the green with a full 8 iron.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, DM4 said:

Jace_bkr 

so you are saying the same head loft from the zx7 to the T100 not the s that you think spin may be the issue?

Unless you had the lofts of the T100 bent stronger or weakened the ZX7 they are not the same loft..

a ZX7 8 iron has 36 degrees of loft 

a T100 8 iron has 38

a T100S 8 iron is 36 ( same as ZX7)

On the spin issue Everyone's mileage will vary but I and countless others found the ZX7's to be too low spin. High spin players love them though as the lower spin produces better results in their hands..

Changing shaft and club head but keeping lofts the same is still a huge deal... giant lol  everything has been changed except 1 variable

Going to a softer shaft doesn't always result in a way that you might think..... now if you're on a good launch monitor or hitting balls outside to determine is one thing but to just wing it thinking you can just go softer shaft and swing softer to get same distance is not a given at all.... you might have to swing harder to get same distance there are no constants in golf gear across different players lol  even after fittings things change on course lol

I woulda used the same shaft if you liked it.... for accuracy reason and just live with a little shorter shot cause a softer shaft "might" get you more yards but might spray it all over

If you really need yards use a little hotter club then T100 and keep old shaft

Can't figure how to like my own posts

4 hours ago, DM4 said:

I recently purchased a set of T100 with the AMT White s300 in them I love the visual flight and Impact point on these clubs but I have lost a full club in distance from my ZX7 with X100 120, I was trying to go to a softer shaft in a new set of irons due to getting older and not wanting to go after it as hard.

both sets of clubs have identical loft & lie and I use a Pro v1 and the ball off the T100 seems to knuckle but I still get back spin on the green with a full 8 iron.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Going to a softer flex shaft doesn't always work.  Least it hasn't worked well for me when I went to AM shafts that vary 2g in weight. 

T100-S and stock ZX7 specs are just about the same, but the T100 specs are NOT as strong, so a distance loss makes sense.  The other variable is ZX7 offset appears more pronounced.  Head designs are different.

I play 620 MB & CB, and offset is minimal by my tech guy's calculation, like T100.  I suspect the T100 specs are more similar to my 620 than ZX7.

Furthermore, I am better with constant weight sets.  I play Tensei AV White AM2 Iron S in 2i-4i, all is fine, but pulled the rest of the shafts and installed MMT 125s.  It's been a great run too, but think age is catching up with my game and saying it's time to go to lighter weight.

I have been considering T100 or T100s even T200 sets, but procrastinating because of the shaft options.  Also, don't want custom order knowing wait times are still indeterminable.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Titleist TSi2, 10' Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6
  • Titleist TS2, 16.5 Ventus Velocore Red 6
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tensei AV White AM2
  • Titleist 620 3i-PW MMT 105s
  • SM9 F-52/12, MMT 105s SW
  • SM9 M-58/8, MMT 105s SW
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX

So I recently switched from the 620 CB to the new T100 and I did notice a pretty big drop off in spin with the irons (~800rpm per iron), which caused the irons to go almost a club further than my old set. I swapped from the Pro V1 to a Pro V1x to get the spin back up and that's helped a ton. I would maybe recommend going that route to bring spin back up? Feel is very good on the new Pro V1x where I don't notice a huge difference compared to the Pro V1. Weird though that you're getting less distance with lower spin, figured it might help the ball go further..

Titleist TSR2 11* - Tour AD UB 7x

Titleist TSR2 16.5* - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist TSR2 21* - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist T200 4 iron - Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 5 - 9 - Modus 130x

Vokey SM9 46F, 50F, 54D, 58LBK

Buttonback Newport 2 Stability Tour

You changed 3 variables, loft, shaft weight, and shaft flex. I am not sure you can blame the T100 for this "issue"

Im my experience the T100 and the T100s both spin more than the ZX7, so I really don't think they are knuckling, esp if you are backing up an 8i. In reality you are likely spinning them more while getting less ball speed due to more loft

10 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

You changed 3 variables, loft, shaft weight, and shaft flex. I am not sure you can blame the T100 for this "issue"

Im my experience the T100 and the T100s both spin more than the ZX7, so I really don't think they are knuckling, esp if you are backing up an 8i. In reality you are likely spinning them more while getting less ball speed due to more loft

Exactly.  Contrary to popular opinion shots that spin more actually fly lower than shots that spin less.  I would guess that a shot that the OP sees as knuckling (i.e. low and falling out of the air early) is too much spin if they were lower spin with the ZX7.

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

Ping i525 5-UW - Modus 120 Black Edition 

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom - Spencer Levin Style