Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

5 hours ago, NZ315 said:

Not really digging the driver. Although the carbon crown is appealing just loose the fins. That fairway wood is probably going in the bag though. If the carbon crown on the woods are all the way through. I see a new 7wood in my horizon. 
Maybe……

100% agree!  That fwy looks money💰

• Like 1

Looks like this design was released with a 2nd & 3rd generations already in mind.

The carbon area on the crown on the next generation will extend more toward the face, but will still have metal turbulators. Then they'll claim a huge weight savings which can redistributed low & back to make it even more forgiving. 

Then they can make the turbulators out of carbon on the 3rd gen & save even more weight on the crown, Stop me if you've heard this story before.

• Like 1

Florescent yellow paint on the crown. Its a no from me.

• Haha 1

WITB 2022

Titleist TSI3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

6 hours ago, PowderedToastMan said:

Well, they did what people asked, which was to put carbon on the crown of the LST. Should be an awesome driver. 

Is that really what the people were asking for though? I always heard complaints about the sound and a few grumblings about the head weight for sure, but there was clearly a market for all metal heads - PING and Titleist prove that. The PING heads are too ugly for my taste but I wouldn't give them a sniff now that they've gone carbon in the low spin heads.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65TX
Titleist 917 15º -  LAGP Tour AXS Blu 70X
PING iCrossover 3i - PING Tour 2.0 X
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 
Mizuno T22 47.5º, 52º, 56º C-Taper

Mizuno S18 60º C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

28 minutes ago, PureDivots said:

Personally not a fan of carbon in terms of sound and feel, but I'm sure these will grow on me. Interested to see how they perform.

Same here! Been gaming Ping drivers since the G10. Learned long ago to ignore the looks of ping drivers. When the g30 came out I learned to ignore the sound as well. Been ignoring looks and sound for so long given how long and straight they are. Same with this release, looks ok, sounds like who knows what, but if it's long and straight, take my money now.

• Like 3

My last 2 drivers have been the G410 Plus and the G425 MAX. I think I may try this line but I am probably going to look elsewhere. I am tired of the look and I think the color is really an eye sore. Obviously if it performs really well and I like the feel I would consider it.

Edited by stephenmatt

I'm surprised it took Ping this long to return to using composite in the head.  I understand why Titleist never will use it again.  Titleist's last driver model with composite material is the reason why lions eat their young.  But Ping on the other hand had huge performance success with their composite head.  I have no clue how it sold, however you have to think that performance means something.  I'm shocked they didn't return to the well sooner.  

I don’t mind the turbulators that much…I think they give PING Drivers a distinctive look. And although I’m not a fan of the neon green colour scheme, I could look past it if the clubs perform.

But the shallowness of the Fairways is the real deal breaker for me. I tested the shallow-faced Fairway trend with the Epic Max 3W last year, and I’ll never go back. Deep faced Fairways for me…sorry.

• Haha 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max (11*) / Tensei AV White 65 S

Callaway Apex UW (17*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Callaway Rogue ST Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX Utility (23*) / UST Recoil 95 F4

Titleist AP2 714 (5-9) / Dynamic Gold S300 

Titleist Vokey SM9 (48-10 F, 54-10 S, 60-10 S) / Vokey Wedge Flex

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide (36")

WITB on WRX

Look forward to demo one, the yellow doesn't appeal to me s/b silver paint fill.

D.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* Driver - Tensei Pro Orange 60 Stiff
Ping G425 Max 14.5* 3 Wood - Tour Ad Di8-S
Ping G425 4/22* HYB -Tensei Pro Orange 80S Hybrid
Ping G425 3/19* HYB -Tour AD Di-85S Hybrid
Titleist 718 AP2 5-9i - Steelfiber i95S
Titleist SM6 Steelfiber i110S - 46-50-56-60
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Laguna
Ping DLX Cart Bag -  V1 Sport Push Cart
Garmin Approach G80

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

I don’t mind the turbulators that much…I think they give PING Drivers a distinctive look. And although I’m not a fan of the neon green colour scheme, I could look past it if the clubs perform.

But the shallowness of the Fairways is the real deal breaker for me. I tested the shallow-faced Fairway trend with the Epic Max 3W last year, and I’ll never go back. Deep faced Fairways for me…sorry.

Oh BN, you'll learn shallow face is HOT dude... perfect for those tight lies going for 2 on the Par 5s 😉

I'll wait and see with this G430. I won't be so pumped about it like I did with the G425 this time and the good WRX community here will surely let us know the sound/weight is fixed or not especially for the carbon top LST version.

Now watch...how many threads will there be for the

"Will the G425 rear weight fit on the back for the G430"

followed by

"man, can I hotmelt the G430 to improve the sound"?

😁

• Haha 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max 9* Graphite Design XC-6S tipped 3/4", Top Golf All-Fit Universal adapter

Fairways: Honma 737 13* 3+ wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Callaway DET 15* Miyazaki C Kua 43S 3 wood
Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW, TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane swing

3 hours ago, AmateurAmateur said:

Definitely in the minority but actually a huge fan of the Turbulators. I feel like they frame the ball nicely and once you go to a matte top you can't go back. 

+1.  I use the turbulators the same way.  Been gaming the G400 Max since it came out so I hope the G430 Max is worth upgrading to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DLBTide7 said:

I was in a ProAm at Shriners today, and played 9 with a Ping staff player. He was getting 1.5 -2.0 mph greater ball speed than the 425 LST; the sound is very solid and “muted” compared to the 425. At one point he said he actually would have liked to hear a little louder sound coming from the 430 driver. 

That's great to hear a proper performance gain, seems like Titleist had a massive performance gain this year also so we expect others to gain also. Any idea about the shape bias? How did he hit it?

G425 Max Ventus TR Red 5 / Ping G425 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Ping G425 4Hy  Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

14 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Golf.com wrote:

"One of the biggest pieces of feedback from the Ping reps as well as players on the range at TPC Summerlin was the lower and more muted sound from the G430 Max and LST drivers. We can likely attribute a big reason for the acoustic change coming from the carbon crown with the G430 LST model, but for the all-titanium construction of the G430 Max there is a good chance some internal geometry has been adjusted."

This means they also fixed the sound on the Max head, I would say it will be a big improvement over the G425. So not just paint.. I just hope the Max head is neutral flight bias this time, G425 Max is a hook machine, at least the 1st generation heads were.

I wonder if it is a fundamental internal geometry change on the Max, or whether they have factory-added hotmelt like with the i525 irons, time will tell...

• Like 1

Yikes.. I will stick to my G425s... 

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 degree Tour AD DI 7S

3 Wood: Ping G425 Max 14.5 degree Diamana TB 70S

5 Wood: Callaway Rogue ST LS 18 degree Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4/5 iron: Ping i210 Project X LZ 6.0

6-PW: Ping Blueprint Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: Miura Milled Tour (52, 56), Vokey WedgeWorks Proto (60-T) Nippon Pro Modus 120S

Putter: Piretti 801R Tour Only Prototype

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic