Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

Guess Ping is just gonna continue to roll out drivers with ugly turbulators. I don’t think anything is going to get the LTDX LS out of my bag, but this one won’t even get tested.

• Haha 1

LTDX LS 9* EvenFlow Black HC 65 6.5

425 Max 3W EvenFlow Black HC 75 6.5

425 Max 5W EvenFlow Black HC 75 6.5

425 Max 7W Rogue MSI 80x

JPX 923 HMP 6-G DG 120 S300

RTX Zipcore Raw 52/9

RTX Zipcore Raw 56/6

MG3 Hi Toe Raw 60/13 Stock

7 minutes ago, schaperb90 said:

I find all these "looks" comments funny. Especially the ones where they claim they won't even try it. I would literally play the hammer driver if it performed. There's no pictures of your "pretty" clubs on a scorecard. I get it, it's nice to have nice looking clubs, I'll never disagree with that. But performance will always come first, and I'm surprised more people here don't have that mentality.

Also, just want to ask, how are people complaining about the colorway? Does the red face keep you from trying a stealth? Does cobras crazy colorways keep you from trying their drivers? Heck, Callaway's last gen drivers were green and yellow... Not to mention this is a forum filled with people who paint fill their clubs with florescent colors. 

Sometimes this forum just confuses me...

This. 

I am guilty I did make some comments about looks but I have also played ping drivers for the past several years. So obviously I don’t care that much. I will more than likely be gaming something from the 430 wood lineup just not the driver. That’s only because I am running with the TSR3 this year instead of my 425LST 

On 10/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, lil'mike said:

The range or setup for the fade/draw weight change is pretty small now compared to the G410.  Will that work at that short of change?

The 410 LST driver head is so flexible, I can't see moving away from it.

410LST 9º, 3w 14.5º, 3h 18º, i210 4i, Blueprint 5-P, Glide Forged 50/54/58. Ping Tour X, Tensei Blue, and MMT105TX shafts. 2021 Fetch w/ BGT Tour Black. i230s on their way.

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."

31 minutes ago, kasting333 said:

I like the fins but not the carbon look on the back. 

I kind of feel the same but none of it is so bad that I still won’t test it when it comes out. 

My bigger worry is that the sound will be fixed in the LST with the carbon but not the max but that the max will be a better fit for me. 

3 hours ago, schaperb90 said:

I find all these "looks" comments funny. Especially the ones where they claim they won't even try it. I would literally play the hammer driver if it performed. There's no pictures of your "pretty" clubs on a scorecard. I get it, it's nice to have nice looking clubs, I'll never disagree with that. But performance will always come first, and I'm surprised more people here don't have that mentality.

Also, just want to ask, how are people complaining about the colorway? Does the red face keep you from trying a stealth? Does cobras crazy colorways keep you from trying their drivers? Heck, Callaway's last gen drivers were green and yellow... Not to mention this is a forum filled with people who paint fill their clubs with florescent colors. 

For me anyway, it isn’t the colors of clubs. At least not on the sole. Couldn’t possibly care less about the sole or head covers. I do care about the face and crown, however. Not if it’s a lipstick of color, that doesn’t bother me. But I find the red face of the Stealth distracting, and I certainly don’t like looking down at turbulators. It’s off putting to me. But, that’s just one of a million reasons this game is so great, is that club looks are entirely subjective. One mans pig is another mans prize.

• Like 1

LTDX LS 9* EvenFlow Black HC 65 6.5

425 Max 3W EvenFlow Black HC 75 6.5

425 Max 5W EvenFlow Black HC 75 6.5

425 Max 7W Rogue MSI 80x

JPX 923 HMP 6-G DG 120 S300

RTX Zipcore Raw 52/9

RTX Zipcore Raw 56/6

MG3 Hi Toe Raw 60/13 Stock

Demo/fitting day at my club on the 21st which will feature 430 clubs

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST 🔹🔹🔹LS 9* - Tensei AV White 65 X

TaylorMade Sim Ti 14* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X

Mizuno Pro Fli-HI 3 - Fujikura Pro 2.0 8X

Srixon ZX7 4-PW - TT DG TI S400

Vokey sm8 - 50* f, 56* @55* s, 60* m

Odyssey White Hot OG 1

Srixon Z Star🔹

4 hours ago, schaperb90 said:

The market for drivers is ultra competitive.  Almost every OEM makes a driver that “performs.”  But if one makes a driver that feels like hitting a soup or that is distracting to me at address, I’ll probably go elsewhere.  In fairness, though, I will try this line.  

To me, the 430 looks like Ping and Cobra had a baby, and not in a good way.  Turbulators remain, and now you have the back end of what Cobra has been doing, along with yellow lipstick.  

You are right about other OEMs making fugly crowns and soles too.  I had to go the Customs route for every Callaway driver I’ve had since the OG Epic.  I just like a clean look, and initial impressions of the 430 may be somewhat skewed coming on the heals of a very clean TSr release.

The LST finish looks classy and the shape looks great.  Fairways (without turbulators) look much better to me than drivers, but same was true for 425 line.  

I am most curious about the sound.  I love how my 425 hybrid feels.  My 7w feels pretty good too.  But I could not get past the sound of the drivers, especially the Max (LST was better but still loud).  A nice sound/feel could be a game changer.

And it’s Ping, so I’m pretty confident they will remain easy to hit.  

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR3 Driver (10°) | Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60s

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Red (Velocore) 7s

Callaway Apex UW (19°) | Fujikura Speeder NX 7s

Ping G425 4 Hybrid | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80s

PXG Gen5 0311 P Dark 5-GW Irons | Matte Black Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105s

Callaway JAWS Full Toe Black 54, 60 Wedges | True Temper DG 115 Spinner

TaylorMade MySpider GT Putter

Titleist ProV1 Ball

13 hours ago, Red4282 said:

This is your semi annual reminder of how these new releases all work-

1)- pictures leaked “its hideous, ill pass”

2)- people start hitting them and claiming huge gains

3)- sells like hotcakes even though its no better (or worse) than last years model or other oems.

In all seriousness though, people really decide not to buy something because of some tiny lime/volt accents on the bottom of the club….really? But dont mind an obnoxious red face? Hmm.

Haha, so true. I want to say maybe 1/2 the people on here were hating on the ZX7 irons before release and look at them now.

Funny to go back to read some of those comments made by people that ended up buying a set. 

Not saying this is an apples to apples comparison of course and people are allowed to change their mind. The initial reaction to anything is always interesting. 

Edited by reamr87

Ping G425 Max 9.1* @ 7.6* - Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.5 (14 Gram Weight - 5 Grams Of Hotmelt)

Taylormade Sim2 15* - Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.5

Taylormade Sim2 19* - Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.5 1" short

Mizuno Pro 223 4-6 / Mizuno Pro 221 7-PW - Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM8 54* F and 58* S - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Ping 2021 DS 72 35" PP60 Grip

Golf Pride MCC White/Black

2021 Titleist Pro V1

Just when you thought the 425 fairways were pretty shallow...  These look like we're getting close to Orlimar Trimetal territory.  Or maybe TM Jetspeed, that was pretty low profile as well.

Interested to try them out and see what happens.  I love shallow FW, and the only thing keeping me from getting a Rogue ST Max right now is trying this or whatever Cally and Tour Edge bring next year, want to try them all first.

I hated the way turbulators looked when I first put the g410lst in my bag.  After about 2 rounds I forgot they were even there.  And you know what?  That driver flat out performed.  As fast as any of the competition and more forgiving compared to the low spin drivers.

I would guess this driver will do the same (and sound better doing it).  If people would give the driver a chance, I would guess most would get used to the turbulators or forget they are even on the driver.

• Like 1

There's a reel (5th newest) on the Majectic GC's instagram page of Lee Westwood hitting the G430 on the range and you can hear the much more muted sound of the G430. The newest reel on Westwood's IG page also has some clips of Westy hitting the G430 with audio.

Edited by BubbaBallesteros
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, schaperb90 said:

Exactly, the little neon yellow accents on the side are so minimal I don't get why people think its a deal breaker.

I've played the Stealth and the LTDx this season and they're a little busier than my G425 from last season but who cares.  The G425 was the epitome of just clean looking golf clubs, so I'm sure thats a big where people are coming from.

• Like 3
LTDx LS 9* - SIM2 15* - SIM2 19* - G425 5i - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62* - F22

5 hours ago, hartman29 said:

Just when you thought the 425 fairways were pretty shallow...  These look like we're getting close to Orlimar Trimetal territory.  Or maybe TM Jetspeed, that was pretty low profile as well.

Interested to try them out and see what happens.  I love shallow FW, and the only thing keeping me from getting a Rogue ST Max right now is trying this or whatever Cally and Tour Edge bring next year, want to try them all first.

Hey, orlimar trimetals is an all timer…. 4 wood was money. Thats partly why interested in these… reminds me of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it just me or i forgot about how a head looks like after a couple of rounds ? I play the 410 LST and turbulators are there, i just do not pay attention to that. FYI also had a TSi3 which looks great but performance was not as good for me as the 410.

If it work great a lot of people will play it, no matter how it looks.

1 minute ago, pingplayer said:

Is it just me or i forgot about how a head looks like after a couple of rounds ? I play the 410 LST and turbulators are there, i just do not pay attention to that. FYI also had a TSi3 which looks great but performance was not as good for me as the 410.

If it work great a lot of people will play it, no matter how it looks.

I kind of prefer the turbulators tbh 🤷‍♂️ 

i think the 410 fairways look better than the 425. 

Titleist TSR3 9* w/Diamana GT 60TX tipped 1"
(Probably) Taylormade Stealth2 Plus 15* w/Diamana GT 70X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/MCA Tensei Black 85TX
Ping i230 4-P w/DG120 X100
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

38 minutes ago, Vlade15 said:

Already posted about this.  Had the g410lst - forgot the turbulators were even there after about 2 rounds.

Got to admit I had a sceptical look when I first held the G400 in my hands.

Parked it behind the ball and thought " hmm don't know about these fins "

After about 4 lasered tee shots , " ok, these turbulator things frame the ball nicely " glad the saga continues. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic