Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

atursky

Golf Turkey.... I absolutely agree 100 agree that we all perceive sounds differently and various different individuals will have different concepts of what they think sounds good for a driver..

Yep, same way as we age older individuals can't hear high frequency sounds very well.

Now back to the topic will have to ask others how their perception of sound is going to improve their hand-eye coordination and help them hit more Fairways.....

It won't! It's an afterthought they get blown way out of proportion primarily by hackers.....

If a player has two very well performing drivers he should definitely pick the one that sounds the best to him.

But believe it or not there are people who wont bag a certain brand driver that may best suit their game solely based on sound instead of Merit.

Kwonye,

Yep you're exactly right that was my first thought.

I game the LST based on trackman data but the max is truly my favorite it's a darn shame they didn't put the same carbon fibercrown on both the Max and LST.

You're exactly right I'm much prefer that.

But I doubt it will affect performance much mainly Aesthetics something I can easily get past

Haha anyone who likes olives is clearly mistaken*

No Doubt!

Funny.

You win for lightening the mood

Never thought I'd see the day where some of the commenters above and I would try to convince individuals the way they hit a driver and whether they can score well with it in the bag is more important than the way it sounds.

I often see stats for Fairways hit and greens in regulation but never "driver sounds in regulation"

There's no use with some of these people.

They can place them importance of sound they may but it's not going to help them one bit become better

Edited by WJack13

10 minutes ago, AmateurAmateur said:

Biggest issue with the Ping heads is that they are already typically pretty heavy- so Hotmelt while a solution to the sound can cause problems on the swing weight scale. It's a tough trade off you have to consider. 

Yeah, I had to order a lighter back weight to compensate for the 4g of hot melt in mine.

1 hour ago, WJack13 said:

Bag of toasty

I think we found the 20 handicap golfer who's worried about sound over performance.

Haha

Yep most all modern drivers sound the same no matter where you hit them on the club face...

Again we're not talking persimmon here ..

I'm not really sure how bad your swing is and if you have dents on the top of your crown ?

but I guaran dam tee you if you were to close your eyes you wouldn't know which balls I'd hit off the toe or The Sweet Spot of my G410..

Again I don't know how bad you're missing buddy...

But I have playing Partners tell me all the time good ball or you got that one good while it's still in the air and without blinking an eye or taking my eye off the ball i say,

Hell no, big toe miss...

They sure couldn't tell by sound until it lands and I'm 10 yd behind where I've been all day...

You feel that kind of stuff.

Again how bad are you missing and are you aware of how big the sweet spot is on my modern driver...

Not that much difference in sound these days off of driver face

I guess one might feel there’s only one sound when they heel every drive....because im prettttttty sure my drivers have different sounds depending on the strike, be it my vapor flex, a SIM, or a Pxg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WJack13 said:

Bag of toasty

I think we found the 20 handicap golfer who's worried about sound over performance.

Haha

Yep most all modern drivers sound the same no matter where you hit them on the club face...

Again we're not talking persimmon here ..

I'm not really sure how bad your swing is and if you have dents on the top of your crown ?

but I guaran dam tee you if you were to close your eyes you wouldn't know which balls I'd hit off the toe or The Sweet Spot of my G410..

Again I don't know how bad you're missing buddy...

But I have playing Partners tell me all the time good ball or you got that one good while it's still in the air and without blinking an eye or taking my eye off the ball i say,

Hell no, big toe miss...

They sure couldn't tell by sound until it lands and I'm 10 yd behind where I've been all day...

You feel that kind of stuff.

Again how bad are you missing and are you aware of how big the sweet spot is on my modern driver...

Not that much difference in sound these days off of driver face

Its BagofToast... I am actually off scratch so you can throw your immediate "I'm better than you" response in the trash. Not too worried about sound you can just cearly tell a difference haha, and no my driver does not have any dents. I think you have so much steam coming from your ears that you've gone deaf. I can certinaly hear a differance if I miss one or middle it, as well as others if I'm paying any sort of attention. You don't have to be almost missing the face for it to sound different. Literally no way you can say all drivers sound the same all over the face unless you're ignoring it. 

Have a good one 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TM Qi10 (9*) | Speeder Evolution IV 661 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM TP Soto CB

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

This goes out to everyone…

88811D36-055F-4D31-9EEC-EB29D0DD52B3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G430 10K w/ Black Tour 2.0 65X, 75X, or GDBB 6X

Ping G425 LST 3W Atmos Black 7X

Ping iCrossover 2 Atmos Black 9X or G425 5W GDBB8X/Atmos Black 8X or G425 2H Atmos Black HB 9X 

Ping iCrossover 3 (20º) AMT White S300 or ZZ65 or Atmos Black 9X

Ping i230 4-6 green dot, Blueprint S 7, Blueprint T 8, 9  AMT White S300

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 46ºSS, 50º SS, 54º ES, 58º ES TI S400

Putter - depends on the phase of the moon

Caddy - Snacks the Wheaten

2 hours ago, AmateurAmateur said:

Biggest issue with the Ping heads is that they are already typically pretty heavy- so Hotmelt while a solution to the sound can cause problems on the swing weight scale. It's a tough trade off you have to consider. 

You buy a lighter weight so after hotmelt it’s not to heavy. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

On 10/4/2022 at 7:41 PM, Kid Bro Sweets said:

I'll just leave this here 

image.png.99d47858bb4d2e40ed40f0f5ade96459.png

I just realized, I probably had both this driver, and the VAS irons in my bag at the same time for at least a little while. I probably could have given someone a heart attack. 

In my first post on this thread I said that I don't like the carbon fiber top, but coming back I think it would look good from address. I actually like the turbulators (if it isn't already obvious, I'm weird.) I don't like the accent colors, I think blue would look better, but it wouldn't stop me from trying it out if I was in the market for a driver.

D-Taylormade SIM MAX D Diamana PD 50r

3w- Honma TW-XP1 

17° Adams XTD Ti super hybrid

4h-5h- Tour Edge Exotics ex9

6-AW- Cleveland Launcher XL Nippon Zelos 7

56°- Cleveland CBX Zipcore

60°- Lazrus

P- Odyssey eleven tour lined stroke lab shaft

On 10/4/2022 at 12:48 AM, sneaky_pete said:

+1.  I use the turbulators the same way.  Been gaming the G400 Max since it came out so I hope the G430 Max is worth upgrading to.

I dont understand how anybody can hate on the turbulators. With golf being such a mental/visualization game--when you are addressing the ball they give you so much confidence when lining things up. I would go as far as they are the best visualization/alignment aid on any driver made. Ive been gaming the G400 Max for so long now that using another driver with a smooth crown and nothing but a tiny arrow showing the center of the clubface seems archaic.

Also, the only thing I would like to see with this driver is a bit more distance when you nuke one. The only drawback to my G400 is while it is a 'fairway finder' and has incredible forgiveness and low spin yada yada--is that it lacks a bit in getting long distance that other high end drivers do have. Hopefully this G430 can find that blend of forgiveness the G-400 series is known for while adding a bit more 'umph' when you square one up.

Edited by akronswitness
  • Like 3

Not seeing much of a difference from recent models and will be keeping my G400 Max until something much improved comes along.  Not a real fan of the yellow green accents and wish Ping would stick with a color mode, and honestly the silver and black of the last model was the best looking anyway. I'm sure they are terrific clubs and I look forward to future testing.

On 10/5/2022 at 2:30 PM, capking said:

Do you guys all buy equipment purely based on looks? If this outperforms my 410 I will get it.

I am reasonably confident that 40% of all TM Stealth driver sales came from 15-20 handicap golfers who liked the 'cool' carbon look and customizable face color without ever hitting it in a simulator at the store before purchasing.

Edited by akronswitness
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ghostwedge said:

I don't know why guys keep rolling out this "Ping isn't as long as other drivers" nonsense. From Finau and Bubba to a 71 yr old guy I get paired up with who hits his G400Max 260 yds, they re just as long. Not opinion, just fact.

I think the 425Max was slower overall (we are talking 1-3mph BS) vs the 400/410, and that was done testing indoors when the 425 came out.

LST was fast though 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Viper4225 said:

Do you know the profiles/characteristics on the ping chrome and black shafts?

Thanks

I think the Tour 2.0 Chrome is fairly similar to the existing Tour shaft.

And I have read somewhere on these forums that the Tour 2.0 Black is a lower launch/spin offering.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, klebs01 said:

425 sounded better. Lower more solid sound. I don’t get the negativity on the 425 sound it wasn’t loud on the one I’ve hit and is a solid dull sound. Not a tinny loud sound. 

I agree with this. I hit the 425 max on the range with trash balls and it sounded horrible. I hit it with a regular ball (ProV1) and it wasn’t nearly as bad. 

Edited by Bbunty
Spelling

Well that confirms the 2041 Ti stuff.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

4 hours ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

I can't wait to see the LST 3 wood with the titianium face. TXG mentioned it on the live Q&A today and they said it's gonna be a rocket launcher.

I just don’t understand “rocket launcher” in any scenario being beneficial in 3 wood.

Yes, you don’t want something that’s overly spinny, but I’d rather have something I knew was going to have some consistency on maintaining spin in the low 3K range when hit off the deck and low on the face. 
I don’t want or need fast, I need consistent launch with a spin range of 500rpm-700rpm from high end to low end for spin

Edited by Brooks_Cupcake
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

Well that confirms the 2041 Ti stuff.

Missed that one.

2041 that's futuristic.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

1 hour ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

I just don’t understand “rocket launcher” in any scenario being beneficial in 3 wood.

Yes, you don’t want something that’s over spinny, but I’d rather have something I knew was going to have some consistency on maintaining spin in the low 3K range when hit off the deck and low on the face. 
I don’t want or need fast, I was consistent launch and a spin range of 500rpm-700rpm from high end to low end for spin

The long 3w is kind of the thing right now. TSr2+, TM mini, etc…. Not a great fit for everyone, but works well for others. I really like all the options we have at our disposal. 

You and I can agree that this is not a good fit for us. Make a hot titanium faced 7w that goes longer, straighter, and higher than my 5w and my fragile ego and I are all in. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

6 hours ago, PrettyGood said:

I think the Tour 2.0 Chrome is fairly similar to the existing Tour shaft.

And I have read somewhere on these forums that the Tour 2.0 Black is a lower launch/spin offering.

Sounds like MY cup of tea. Put an All-Fit universal adapter on it and let the Games begin.

The new 2.0 Tours are a seriously good looking offerings from Ping though. Seriously.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

8 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Yes, you don’t want something that’s overly spinny, but I’d rather have something I knew was going to have some consistency on maintaining spin in the low 3K range when hit off the deck and low on the face. 
I don’t want or need fast, I need consistent launch with a spin range of 500rpm-700rpm from high end to low end for spin

You might not need one but I'm sure many people benefit from a hotter 3 wood that they use as a tee club. The course I play at it short and tight, so I only use my 3W off the tee. I don't ever hit my 3 wood into greens, I have my 7 wood for that.

• Like 1

How bad is it that I want that 2Black shaft for my 410?

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic