2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: KBS TOUR LITE Golf Shafts! 5 Testers Needed!

1. City, State? Cleveland, OH
2. Handicap? 3.5
3. Current irons and shafts? Callaway X Forged ('07) w/ Rifle Project X Flighted 6.5 
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? 105x

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I've previously used KBS Tour 130x shafts and loved them and my next set of irons will likely go back. Would love to test something new from them. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely, yes. 

1. City, State? Ft. Worth TX

2. Handicap? 24

3. Current irons and shafts? Pxg cor2 with mmt 80s

4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? The 105x

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I prefer a lighter shaft and need to up my shaft flex.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

1. City, State? - Bend, Or
2. Handicap? 7
3. Current irons and shafts?  ZX5 / C Taper Lite S
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test?  S

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I would like to install them in 2021 P790’s and compare them with my C-taper’s, which work far better than the DG105’s currently in the P790’s.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

1. City, State?

- Columbia, MO
2. Handicap?

3. Current irons and shafts?

-Mizuno Pro 221 3i-Pw 

-Mitsubishi MMT 105 Stiff Hardstepped Once
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? 
-Open to any Flex that is needed, preferably  Stiff or X Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester?

-I study and research golf equipment and components everyday for multiple hours.  I build my own irons and am very sensitive to even the slightest nuances of how golf clubs perform.  I’m highly detailed oriented and could offer valuable feedback and insight from a feel and performance perspective.  I also play a highly sought after shaft,  MMT 105 Stiff Flex as well as 105 TX . I’ve owned and gamed DG 120 x100, Project X LZ, Project X LS,  KBS 105 Tour,  DG 105 Stiff.  My swing requires a Lite Weight designation.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

-Absolutely, I already do club reviews for smaller local golf shops near me.

thank you for your consideration,

Virgil Maralit

1. City, State- Mesa, AZ

2. Handicap- 12

3. Current irons and shafts. - P770 with project x 6.0 and Srixon zx7 with N.S. Pro modus tour120 s flex. 
4. What flex kbs tour lite do you want to test? Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a kbs tour lite shaft tester? I’ve always heard good things about kbs shafts and I’d like to test a lighter shaft against the heavier ones I currently play. 
6. Are you willing to do a in-depth written review with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

1. City, State? Loxahatchee FL
2. Handicap? 7.6
3. Current irons and shafts? ZX7 modus 120s
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff flex

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I love to tinker. I’ve got the kbs $taper in my wedges so I’m interested in trying your product in my irons

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

Rogue ST 3D 10.5 GD AD DI 6s

Paradym 3D 15* Kali white  70s

U65 20* 

4-P ZX7 Modus 120s

50.08F/54.14F/60.10S Sm6 KBS $-taper

Phantom X12.5

PROV1 

1. City, State? Fishkill, NY
2. Handicap? 18
3. Current irons and shafts? Two sets of Onoff/Nippon modus 3 105 regular and Onoff/KBS Tour 90 regular irons.
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Regular.

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I want to see how KBS tour lite compares to Modus 3 modus 105, KBS tour 90 and True temper elevate MP 95 shafts. I love playing higher flight and higher spin shafts as my ss is about 80MPH. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes absolutely.

Ping G425 10.5 / Ping G410
Callaway UW 17*
Ping G410 4H
Cobra F7 EL 4i
Ping i200 6-UW / i500 5-PW Power Spec / i210 5-PW
Ping Glide 4.0 54/58
SC Phantom x 9.5 

1. City, State?  Alexandria. La
2. Handicap? 1
3. Current irons and shafts?  Zx7 Modus 105S
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I’m a light shaft player and so this is right up my alley.  I’d love to review, test and compare to my gamers as well as some other lighter shafts I’ve played in the past. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Totally! It would be a ton of fun.

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

1. City, State?  Casper, WY
2. Handicap? 14
3. Current irons and shafts?  Mizuno 921 Forged with Recoil 95
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I get along great with shafts in the 100-110 gram range and I’m a huge fan of the original Rifle shafts, which I still use in my wedges, so these sound like a perfect blend of what I enjoy swinging. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely, I’m a school teacher, so I love to help people out. 

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue, Ping g425 6h Tensei orange

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

1. City, State? Atlanta, GA
2. Handicap? +1
3. Current irons and shafts? Callaway Apex MB '18 w/ DG X100
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? X-stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I LOVE testing out iron shafts, all shafts really, but I find iron shafts are so much more versatile. I can hit everything from my wife's irons to something with a Modus 130X in it... i really enjoy reacting and adjusting to the equipment rather than expecting something to fit exactly into my template. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? you bet

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw; X Forged '18 4i | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Evnroll ER2v Long Plumbers Neck

1. City, State? Bellingham, WA
2. Handicap? 9.7
3. Current irons and shafts? KBS C-Taper Lite X
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? X

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I have a set of really nice irons that have shafts that I no longer play and would LOVE to reshaft and put into play again. This is the **perfect** opportunity for those particular irons.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Would be looking forward to it.

1. Worcester, Massachusetts 

2. 4

3. Haywood Signatures with KBS $Taper Lite 95

4. Want to test the 95s

5. Love the $Taper Lites I'm currently playing, but always looking to tinker and improve my setups

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates....... ABSOLUTELY YES

On 10/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1742640716_KBSTourLite.png.a883177f70f0680f172d74da1539507c.png

GolfWRX and KBS Golf Shafts have teamed up for an awesome member testing opportunity. We are looking for five testers to review KBS' TOUR LITE golf shafts. The TOUR LITE golf shafts is the perfect golf weapon for a player of any skill level. The KBS TOUR LITE conclusively assists to increase swing, control, dispersion & ball speeds.

About KBS TOUR Lite
The KBS TOUR LITE is designed for players seeking tight dispersion, higher trajectory, additional spin, precision control, & combining it with maximum distance in the ultimate lightweight package.

Learn more about the KBS Tour Lite golf shafts here.

1. City, State?
2. Handicap?

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

That's it. GolfWRX and @KBS Golf Shafts will select the testers in about two weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only.

1. City, State?

Erie, Colorado 
2. Handicap?

nippon modus 105 S 
105 x 

kbs has always been at the top of my list and since I have increase my 6i speed to 90+ I would like to try a similar shaft as the modus but stiffer. Higher launching interested me for the landing angle. If I could improve my stopping power on greens, especially in longer irons, I would be ecstatic. This would be a tester piece for me and as shafts go, they make a bigger difference im my game than Lower handicaps who can hit any shaft well. I am coming at this from a purely inquisitive POV and want to see if the performance actually helps or hurts my game. Will mount up in a set of new level 902s. 

yes, as always. 

1. City, State? - Bend, OR
2. Handicap? - +1.1
3. Current irons and shafts? - Miura MB-001 w/ KBS CTaper 130x
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test?  - I would like to try the 105 X shafts

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? - I’ve gamed CTapers for a few years and would love to get into something lighter than I can control flight with a bit more (higher than C-Taper would be fun to play with).

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? - Absolutely, I have a background in content creation so that’s an easy one!

1. City, State? North Haven, Connecticut
2. Handicap? 10.1
3. Current irons and shafts? Mizuno JPX 921 forged with Nippon 105 R
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? 100 S

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? as I am aging, I find I am looking for more speed and a higher trajectory, these shafts feel like they could help!

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? yes

Edited by Tommythek42

1. City, State: Streetsboro, OH
2. Handicap: 10.3
3. Current irons and shafts: MMT 85r and KBS Tour 110r
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test: Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester: I am very intrigued to see how they compare to the KBS Tour 110, and if I can get better dispersion and speed from the stiffer profile, lower weight.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates:  Absolutely!

1. City, State? San Antonio, Texas
2. Handicap? +1.6
3. Current irons and shafts? Taylormade 770 $Taper 120S+
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? 105 S+

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? Getting older losing distance, would love to create a little more speed!

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes 

1. City, State? Denver Co.  / Hutchinson, KS
2. Handicap? 8.1 
3. Current irons and shafts? Srixon ZX7 with Nippon Pro Modus 105S  (Hard step once)
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? Played KBS Tour for 8+years but needed lighter shafts and the other KBS ones did not fit well.  Been looking at these since the release of them was announced.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? YES!

1. City, State? Rutherford, NJ

2. Handicap? 3.6

3. Current irons and shafts? MP18 sc with Oban CT115 stiff

4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff or x

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I love trying new clubs/shafts in true wrx fashion.  I think i can play the lighter shafts having transitioned from s300 to the obans so I am curious how the KBS tour lites would play.

1. City, State?  Carleton, Michigan
2. Handicap?  8
3. Current irons and shafts?  Titleist t100 and project x 5.5 rifles
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff 

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester?  I love testing and tinkering.  I’m always open to trying out anything that may improve my game and or make life easier. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  I absolutely am and I have a full swing golf launch monitor that I could get some numbers on too so I can compare. 

1. City, State? Tuscaloosa, AL
2. Handicap? 5.7
3. Current irons and shafts? Titleist CB True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Stiff or X-Stiff

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I’ve always played a True Temper shaft with my irons. I’ve been happy with them but when I got fitted for my irons a couple years ago I liked the flight and look of the KBS shafts but wasn’t willing to make the switch after only hitting 25-50 balls. If I can test the shafts for a little longer then maybe it would be worth the switch.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? For sure.

1. City, State? - Davenport, IA
2. Handicap? +2
3. Current irons and shafts? Titleist 620CB - KBS Tour
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test?  X Flex

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? - KBS Shafts have been my go-to shafts, and would like to see the difference in a lighter shaft in irons but with similar feel/flex.

1. City, State? Yardley, PA
2. Handicap? 4
3. Current irons and shafts? AeroTech
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? Regular

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? 66 years old / being fitted to purchase new irons / have used KBS in past would like to go back / fitter recommended another shaft / moving from stiff to regular

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, but I will be detailed

On 10/19/2022 at 9:57 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

APPLY NOW!

1. City, State? Newport Beach, Ca
2. Handicap? 9.3
3. Current irons and shafts? Mizuno 921 Forged, N.S. Modus 3 120 TX
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test? X

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? I have KBS shafts in my wedges and love them.

1. City, State? Hagerstowm, MD
2. Handicap? +4.6
3. Current irons and shafts? Srixon ZX7, Project x 6.0
4. What flex KBS Tour Lite do you want to test?  S+ or X

5. Why do you want to be a KBS Tour Lite shaft tester? Looking for a lighter shaft to help my iron distance

Wonderful shafts. I went from a custom fit Cobra Forged TecX iron set withKBS TGI 75 graphite shaft to this custom refitted KBS Tour lite steel and improved launch, apex and distance dramatically. As a 68 year old senior, 10 handicap, 80 rounds/year,  I was told that the graphite would help, but unfortunately, after 20 rounds, I could never get them off the ground, but with the Tour Lites, everything is MAGIC again! Love my new Tour Lites!