2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

To kill Tookie or not to kill Tookie???

Golfbug339

I personally think he should serve the sentence that he was given. He killed 4 people and they do not have the chance to write books telling kids not to get killed by some jerk named Tookie! If he is so reformed he should step up and be a man about it and accept his fate. Any thoughts??? Not saying I wouldn't wimp out if I were in his shoes, but then again I am not out killing people either.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think he should serve the sentence that he was given. He killed 4 people and they do not have the chance to write books telling kids not to get killed by some jerk named Tookie! If he is so reformed he should step up and be a man about it and accept his fate. Any thoughts??? Not saying I wouldn't wimp out if I were in his shoes, but then again I am not out killing people either.

Get rid of him, less tax $$$ at stake too.

Get rid of him, less tax $$$ at stake too.

DITTOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tough call, will keeping him alive in the end save more lives than he took. I understand that he killed 4 people, but if he can save 100 lives by getting people out of the life he once lived, maybe it is not worth it. Arnold is in a rough spot.

Funny how they all find the light right before they are put to death, they kill with out remorse then plead for forgiveness and to have their lives spared, how much of a chance did they give the people they killed, look at Bundy, he killed how many and did everything possible to be pardoned. Sorry, eye for an eye.

He may save some, but so many more will kill because of the foundations that he created, it is the only life they know, sad but reality.

Let him go...on to his next life. If he is a changed man maybe he will go north, if not sorry Tooks. The thing I hate is how some actor or musician takes the cause of a killer forgetting about the families and friends of the victims. Just because an actor has a public forum they think that America cares about their political and social opinions. It's easy to live off of ideology when you have more money than God, and you don't have to shut up and go to work every day to get by. Half of Hollywood wants us to lose on Iraq because there is a R next to the presidents name. If a democrat went in there they would have a totally view of the situation. We may not have found weapons of mass destuction, but the hundreds of thousands of bodies in mass graves is enough to get my support. The people fighting in the war believe in it that is why so many are going back. Hollywood and the liberal media are horrible. The news should be fact, not opinion. At 00:01 Tuesday Pacific time the world will be a better place without a murderer like Tookie here.

Let him go...on to his next life. If he is a changed man maybe he will go north, if not sorry Tooks. The thing I hate is how some actor or musician takes the cause of a killer forgetting about the families and friends of the victims. Just because an actor has a public forum they think that America cares about their political and social opinions. It's easy to live off of ideology when you have more money than God, and you don't have to shut up and go to work every day to get by. Half of Hollywood wants us to lose on Iraq because there is a R next to the presidents name. If a democrat went in there they would have a totally view of the situation. We may not have found weapons of mass destuction, but the hundreds of thousands of bodies in mass graves is enough to get my support. The people fighting in the war believe in it that is why so many are going back. Hollywood and the liberal media are horrible. The news should be fact, not opinion. At 00:01 Tuesday Pacific time the world will be a better place without a murderer like Tookie here.

:dntknw: I hate Hollywood..

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

I say let him live....

call me liberal, but i don't believe in the death penalty.

I think that's what it comes down to isn't it? Either you believe in the death penalty or you don't. You believe in an eye for an eye or you don't and you believe it is possible for someone to be redeemed or you don't.

As an aside, the bible, which someone like George Bush thinks holds so much sway quite clearly states in it "thou shalt not kill". Last time I saw it, it definitely didn't say "thou shalt not kill, unless you are the state."

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I might be biased due to the field of work I'm in, but all the good that he did do.....was after he was convicted for killing four people. All his appeals, were met with the same verdict of guilt.

Tookie...at least you'll die a better death then the way you took the lives of four other people. I'm sure the people involved with your lethal injection won't be laughing as you did when you reminisced with your co-conspirator about the weird noises the convenience store worker you shot in the back made as he bled to death.

Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings, there can be no redemption.- Governor Arnold Schwarzenneger

I say let him live....

call me liberal, but i don't believe in the death penalty.

I think that's what it comes down to isn't it? Either you believe in the death penalty or you don't. You believe in an eye for an eye or you don't and you believe it is possible for someone to be redeemed or you don't.

As an aside, the bible, which someone like George Bush thinks holds so much sway quite clearly states in it "thou shalt not kill". Last time I saw it, it definitely didn't say "thou shalt not kill, unless you are the state."

Eye for an eye went away with the new covenant at about 33 A.D. It amazes me that the Christian right is pro death penalty when their bible teaches forgiveness. I am actually a conservative that isn't quite convinced killing people is the job of the government

Personally, I think it is a huge gap in our legal system that this man (among many others) were convicted...a judge sentenced this man should die and he is not being put to death for twenty years.

This is the punishment for killling someone. It isn't like killers don't know this before they kill others! If you commit such a crime then you already know this could happen.

The thing I worry about is sending the wrong message. If he were granted clemency then that sends a mesage that, "its ok to kill others as long as you redeem yourself afterwords." And unfortunately the jist of that whole messege stems from the bible, commiting a sin is mans nature but Jesus died for our sins so sin away my fellow man just don't forget to repent before your number is drawn! Why in the hell would you want to send the message that you can kill and still be forgiven later? Its completely contradictory in my analytical mind. :dntknw:

Now the legal system is a whole other story. I do not support the death penalty UNLESS it can be proven beyond any doubt that the person was guilty.

Everyone should know beyond any doubt that if they kill and get caught then they are going to die period. There should not be anyone that entertains the idea of, "well I can kill and still live if I do something good to redeem myself like write childrens books."

I suppose in the end it boils down to what kind of society do you want to live in. Easy choice for me.

I've always felt our states should give up the death penalty. When a guy or gal is convicted of murder, these people should be set free the following day.........The papers tv and radio to report the exact time of release and where at.........Then there should be a 24 hour grace period for anyone who happened to......should we say...Do AWAY WITH! Family and friends of the victims can't be charged with anything other than....a small fine for littering the streets.

These are my views on this subject, I might be right, I might be wrong but they are my views, and I do live in the United States. When others are voiceing their views of what we should do, I hope they are from the United States also. My .02 worth :dntknw:

I'm struggling to understand why not being from the US means I can't have an opinion. I fully understand that I have no say in the matter and I can live with that no problem, but it doesn't mean that I can't say what I think on the matter. Or does it?

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I've always felt our states should give up the death penalty. When a guy or gal is convicted of murder, these people should be set free the following day.........The papers tv and radio to report the exact time of release and where at.........Then there should be a 24 hour grace period for anyone who happened to......should we say...Do AWAY WITH! Family and friends of the victims can't be charged with anything other than....a small fine for littering the streets.

These are my views on this subject, I might be right, I might be wrong but they are my views, and I do live in the United States. When others are voiceing their views of what we should do, I hope they are from the United States also. My .02 worth :dntknw:

I'm struggling to understand why not being from the US means I can't have an opinion. I fully understand that I have no say in the matter and I can live with that no problem, but it doesn't mean that I can't say what I think on the matter. Or does it?

I am from the US and I encourage your opinion. Everyone else's too for that matter.

its a tough call. I am not usually a supporter for the death penalty but in certian casesi think it is acceptable. Not only did he kill 4 people but the organization he cofounded has made killing a part of acceptance. The violence and deaths that have occured to crip and blood and overall gang violence can be traced back to the start of the crips and in this i find him at fault